*Author

Active members:
YawnChainHow(1) 10 men(1) Holokausti(1) Puppenmaedchen(1) Dm1321(1) VegeForsaken(1) Chemist(1) Wadjet(1) redium(1) DrunkDestroyer(1) James Abrams(1) NikaZaslavsky(1) mwely(1) Gillero(1) veemon293(1) Shaliyah(1) madbird20(1) Metahater(1) grindpower(1) Fluffy Ninja(1) n00b(1) BloodlinE(1) Pineapple(1) stylish777(1) ÜberTurtleTime(1) Malebolgia(1) Angelic_Dawn(1) omegareaper7(1) ndclub(1) 18237(1) Lord_Jadem(1) Dwerg(1) groupgamegame(1) Danceman(1) poperekov(1) ggabriel2(1) Bloodshadow(1) vega7(1) stripe1000(1) vidurkhanna(1) orichalcum(1) iTry(1) Cless(1) skotadi phobos(1) AchDeToni(1) tetti(1) DevilLoss(1) TheGreatKhan(1) koeniewoenie(1) sunyata(1) nerd1(1) violenceisanart(1) burpcow(1) mesaprotector(1) Jaymanfu(2) nilsieboy(2) MartyrX(2) Vineroz(2) Camoninja(2) Sewdri(2) oblivion1212(2) Tiko(2) bripod(2) Mithcairion(2) the dictator(2) Blues(2) Korugar(2) UTAlan(2) Nepycros(2) badivan1(2) Bootsza(2) MildlyFrightenedBoy(2) Troh(2) forrestugly(2) Sal(2) FlareGlutox(2) jonathancrazyj(2) Kuroaitou(3) ~Napalm(3) Scaredgirl(3) Antagon(3) tyranim(3) PuppyChow(3) Plantifant(3) TheForbiddenOracle(3) Zblader(3) Hyroen(3) GG(3) markilleruk(3) burne(3) Avenger(3) vagman13(3) Shantu(3) parasite99(3) doublecross(3) TheonlyrealBeef(4) Aves(4) RootRanger(4) Wizardcat(4) kirchj33(4) aqwsz0(4) silux(4) bogtro(4) Anthraxx(4) rickerd(4) pikachufan2164(5) ScaredGuy(5) Toxx(5) loadquo(5) Jappert(5) RavingRabbid(5) Zaealix(5) petersenk(5) gumbeh(6) astraldragoon(6) majofa(6) Djhopper :)(6) artimies7(6) calindu(6) teffy(6) MatrimKK(6) rgurgelles1(6) Jenkar(6) SnoWeb(7) Kamietsu(7) EmeraldTiger(7) Onizuka(7) Post(7) suxerz(8) Malignant(8) Rastafla(8) Rutarete(9) Jocko(9) hendrydext(9) rowcla(9) Polari(9) TheManuz(10) willng3(11) Bhlewos(11) Chapuz(11) ddevans96(11) Snopel(13) Sevs(15) Rember(15) rosutosefi(16) Essence(16) ralouf(16) furballdn(18) RRQJ(19) Elite Arbiter(20) zanzarino(21) russianspy1234(24) bucky1andonly(24) Atico(26) bored_ninja777(28) Higurashi(28) The_Mormegil(30) OldTrees(30) dragonsdemesne(31) BluePriest(34) moomoose(34) Xenocidius(38)

Offline zanzarinoTopic starter

• Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 496
  • zanzarino is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.zanzarino is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.zanzarino is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.zanzarino is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.zanzarino is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.zanzarino is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.zanzarino is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.zanzarino is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.zanzarino is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.zanzarino is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.zanzarino is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.zanzarino is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.zanzarino is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.zanzarino is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.zanzarino is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Once we accept our limits, we go beyond them
Re: Elements 1.29 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=31187.msg397684#msg397684
« Reply #180 on: September 23, 2011, 05:00:16 am »
Added to the "under development" page:
Shard of Void
Shard of Patience
Shard of Serendipity (inspired by the competition winner "Shard of Intuition")

This 3 new shards are not in the trainer yet.

Miracle reduces health to 1 hp if used with SoS.
AI does not commit suicide anymore using SoS.

Offline OldTrees

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 114
  • OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • I was available for questions.
  • Awards: Brawl #2 Winner - Team FireTeam Card Design Winner
Re: Elements 1.29 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=31187.msg397685#msg397685
« Reply #181 on: September 23, 2011, 05:10:09 am »
Those 3 shards  :darkness :water :entropy look very interesting.
"It is common sense to listen to the wisdom of the wise. The wise are marked by their readiness to listen to the wisdom of the fool."
"Nothing exists that cannot be countered." -OldTrees on indirect counters
Ask the Idea Guru: http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,32272.0.htm

Offline Xenocidius

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 49
  • Xenocidius is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Xenocidius is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Xenocidius is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Xenocidius is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Xenocidius is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Xenocidius is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Xenocidius is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Xenocidius is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Xenocidius is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.
  • Fear the Darkness ...
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeFavorite Community Member of 2011Weekly Tournament WinnerWinner of Design a Competition Competition
Re: Elements 1.29 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=31187.msg397706#msg397706
« Reply #182 on: September 23, 2011, 05:57:12 am »
Interesting.

Does Shard of Void deal damage as well if it can?
Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.

Offline Elite arbiter

• Reputation Power: 5
  • Elite arbiter is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • So many problems, so little time.
Re: Elements 1.29 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=31187.msg397709#msg397709
« Reply #183 on: September 23, 2011, 06:10:10 am »
The cost won't be reversed.
They are available from the bazaar.
I guess its simply my bad for taking for granted when I click "All Cards" I actually get all of the cards. Minor problem at best.

Also, new cards look interesting. Void can work well with a Drain Life theme, I'm seeing someone trying "Fractal Physalia" or "Fractal Ullitharid", and I can't help but feel serendipity will work wonders for a rainbow deck.

... I'm gonna try building that right now. Question though, does Shard of Patience Stack with itself? Ie, does having 3 make all your creatures gain +3/3, +9/9 in a flooded area?

Offline The_Mormegil

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 32
  • The_Mormegil is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.The_Mormegil is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.The_Mormegil is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.The_Mormegil is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.The_Mormegil is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.The_Mormegil is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.
  • Intelligence is overrated.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWar #5 Winner - Team AetherTeam PvP WinnerNew Slot Winner - FamiliarDeadly Sin Winner - GluttonyFirst Budosei of BudokanWinner of Revive the Archive
Re: Elements 1.29 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=31187.msg397714#msg397714
« Reply #184 on: September 23, 2011, 06:20:23 am »
First comments upon the shards:

Shard of Readiness will enable Time rush decks and amazingly common 4 turn wins against the AI. In my opinion this is bad, as it renders CC much more important: any deck without fast, reliable CC is going to be stomped hard by this rush. Denial doesn't really cut it either, due to SoR costing other quanta and the possibility to use novas.

Shard of Sacrifice is still outright broken, and the attempt to fix this with Shard of Patience is trying to patch a broken door with a new handle. Firstly, it isn't a true direct counter, it's a rather soft one. Secondly even if it WAS a direct counter it would run into the infamous rock-paper-scissor situation: either bring SoS, or SoP or any other deck. SoS beats every other deck which doesn't use SoP, and every deck beats a deck that uses SoP. Shard of Sacrifice needs a complete overhaul before entering the game unless it is meant to be banned from every single PvP event ever, including probably leagues.

Shard of Void seems a great shard at first (it reduces the power of Firestall, for one) until you realize the following:
- SoV is a permanent, thus subject to the heavy PC of Firestall (Deflagration is still a problem).
- SoV is a definite anti-stall, providing not only an alternate damage source but also reducing the power of healing. The metagame will be shifted towards rushes EVEN MORE (and I thought SoR was bad already for this).
- SoV costs other. Yes, of course, it's a shard. But my point is: you are essentially giving a better version of Poison to every element. REALLY? Poison stalls are strong (see Bonebolt, see Pandebonium, see PoisonDial...) but normally they require death. This enables a new version of poison stalls which works for EVERY ELEMENT. Sure, dark mark helps. Whatever, nobody will ever care, SoV is strong in any deck.

Shard of Patience is useless. First, see the above comments on SoS for the attempt at a direct counter (it IS an issue). Second, let's take a look at this card: what does it help?
You're holding back your creatures for one turn. Since the only reason you have to do that would be to activate the second effect of the card OR to prevent their death OR to prevent SoS healing. The SoS healing is factored above, now let's take a look at the rest. The effect sucks, as practically any Water attacker is better than a +1/+1 buff to every water creature. I mean, take a look at the Tsunami deck: nobody will ever play SoP there! An Abyss Crawler is as strong as a +1/+1 to SIX creatures, except in VERY marginal cases. The holding back is incredibly situational and useless in about every instance except VERY specific ones since you DON'T DO DAMAGE to the opponent that way. If you build the deck around creatures not doing damage with them is useless but so is the rest of the card! If you build a deck with attacking creatures you WANT them to attack! That's why Sundial stops the opponent's creatures.
All in all, SoP is a fail counter to SoS (which is in itself a pretty bad idea) AND a wasted card slot in every other instance.

Shard of Serendipity... I'm torn. It'll need some testing. There's one thing I know for sure though: if it WORKS, then it's essentially a "pay 3 random quanta, draw 3 cards" which is the ultimate rainbow rush card advantage ever. If it DOESN'T work, then you have an useless card sitting in the back of the metagame.
[18:21:43] jmdt: elements is just math over top of a GUI
Kakerlake: I believe that there is no God as in something that can think by itself and does stuff that sounds way OP.

Offline Sevs

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 26
  • Sevs is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Sevs is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Sevs is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Sevs is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Sevs is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.
  • My favorite element is Oxygen
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Elements 1.29 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=31187.msg397730#msg397730
« Reply #185 on: September 23, 2011, 07:07:38 am »
Shard of Serendipity

When it says draw up to 3 random cards the first will be  :entropy. I think testing will be needed but having a card in a Quantum tower SN speedbow seems a little OP. Imagine you have the ability to call up a SN(since they are pretty much the only  :entropy cards there) and 2 other cards. I think a 36 card speed bow with 6 of these would be able to put out its entire deck more reliably and faster then a normal 30 card speed bow.
"Elements is the greatest game ever made" - Abraham Lincoln

Offline The_Mormegil

• Legendary Member
  • The_Mormegil is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.The_Mormegil is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.The_Mormegil is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.The_Mormegil is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.The_Mormegil is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.The_Mormegil is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWar #5 Winner - Team AetherTeam PvP WinnerNew Slot Winner - FamiliarDeadly Sin Winner - GluttonyFirst Budosei of BudokanWinner of Revive the Archive
Re: Elements 1.29 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=31187.msg397734#msg397734
« Reply #186 on: September 23, 2011, 07:22:12 am »
Shard of Serendipity

When it says draw up to 3 random cards the first will be  :entropy. I think testing will be needed but having a card in a Quantum tower SN speedbow seems a little OP. Imagine you have the ability to call up a SN(since they are pretty much the only  :entropy cards there) and 2 other cards. I think a 36 card speed bow with 6 of these would be able to put out its entire deck more reliably and faster then a normal 30 card speed bow.
I believe it is intended to act as a kind of Fractal or Mindgate card-creation engine. That means a QT Speedbow will use it to draw 3 cards and probably play them. It's either a new Fate Egg or a new rush powerhouse, we'll test it soon enough.
Kakerlake: I believe that there is no God as in something that can think by itself and does stuff that sounds way OP.

Offline dragonsdemesne

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 63
  • dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!
  • Leeeeeeeeeeroyyyyyyyyy....
  • Awards: Weekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 1/2014 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 3/2013 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 2/2013 WinnerBattle League 1/2013 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 3/2012 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 2/2012 3rd Place
Re: Elements 1.29 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=31187.msg397737#msg397737
« Reply #187 on: September 23, 2011, 07:30:03 am »
Void: I already commented on this one in the individual thread when I saw it in my 'new unread threads', but basically it seems reasonable, although powerful, until you realize that it can stack like a pillar can.  This means that one of the disadvantages it would suffer if it came out now, i.e. blocking you from playing too many other permanents, no longer exists.  I'm not sure what the best solution to this would be; I'll let people try to work that one out.

Patience: I'm not sure if this is a permanent or a spell, but either way, it's pretty weak in my opinion.  It's useless outside of nonwater, except to prevent your creatures crashing into a fireshield/SoS, and if you want to do that, Sundial is better, and when upgraded is 'other' as well, with 0 cost instead of 3.

Serendipity: I love this card!  I love anything that gives card advantage, and this obviously does it.  It's clearly strongest in either entropy or rainbow decks.  It's also extremely fun, because it allows you to play with cards that you don't own or aren't using in your deck.  I think it should cost more to cast this card, like 5 or 6, but otherwise I would leave it as is, and think it would be a fun addition.

Offline Sevs

• Legendary Member
  • Sevs is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Sevs is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Sevs is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Sevs is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Sevs is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Elements 1.29 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=31187.msg397739#msg397739
« Reply #188 on: September 23, 2011, 07:35:48 am »
Mono Other is going to be a very decent strategy, Mark of darkness, 6 Shard of Void, 6 Shard of divitity, 6 Shard of Sacrifice. 6 of some other stalling shard and 6 Quantum towers.

Offline Kuroaitou

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 82
  • Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeMaster of Mafia10th Trials - Master of TimeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSilver DonorSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Elements 1.29 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=31187.msg397741#msg397741
« Reply #189 on: September 23, 2011, 07:40:38 am »
Mono Other is going to be a very decent strategy, Mark of darkness, 6 Shard of Void, 6 Shard of divitity, 6 Shard of Sacrifice. 6 of some other stalling shard and 6 Quantum towers.
That would be... well, a LOT of rares for a single deck. :P

That said, thank you Zanz for confirming that one of the shards was based off a card idea (i.e. - Shard of Intuition). Looks like I can finally dust off the 'How write a Reliquary article' book that's been sitting in the Curator libraries for months. :D

Offline The_Mormegil

• Legendary Member
Re: Elements 1.29 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=31187.msg397742#msg397742
« Reply #190 on: September 23, 2011, 07:51:33 am »
No QTs, I'd rather play Novas. Way faster start. Also, how could you forget SoG?

Offline Sevs

• Legendary Member
Re: Elements 1.29 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=31187.msg397746#msg397746
« Reply #191 on: September 23, 2011, 08:03:10 am »
No QTs, I'd rather play Novas. Way faster start. Also, how could you forget SoG?
because sos and sog dont mix

blarg: