Guest Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by a guest. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Messages - stylish777 (23)

Pages: [1] 2
Issue Archive / Re: Reflecting shield + Nightmare [unconfirmed]
« on: November 28, 2011, 03:52:38 pm »
okidoki. not a bug then. thx guys. ;)

Issue Archive / Re: Reflecting shield + Nightmare [unconfirmed]
« on: November 28, 2011, 03:03:57 pm »
Not a bug, but might be an interesting mechanic.
Would you mind explaining how it's not a bug? Seems to me that if damage from spells is supposed to be redirected that damage from the spell, nightmare, should also be redirected. Why the exception. And how am i supposed to know that either the text on the shield is lying or that the spell, nightmare, isnt a spell? o_O
It's just very confuseling to me and i'd like an explanation and/or a second oppinion before i rename the topic to [not a bug]

Issue Archive / Reflecting shield + Nightmare [not a bug]
« on: November 28, 2011, 11:15:05 am »
It says on reflecting shield that dmg from spells is redirected from you to your opponent. Or vise versa if your not the one with the shield.

Nightmare is a spell and it causes dmg, so that dmg should be redirected, no? Well, it's not. Nightmare ignores reflecting shields.

Probably not an important bug if a bug at all and not just my silly misreading cards.. as usual.. Anyway i don't expect anyone to care since not many people use reflecting shields these days, but i thought i point it out anyway. And yes i was too lazy to add a screenshot and no i do not care.

Morte / Re: Oracle : Morte
« on: November 28, 2011, 11:05:38 am »
Hm.. There is no upped deck in the OP indeed..

Well here's my idea: some time ago i tried using Liquid antimatter and offcourse failed because of a miracle. To negate that i used an ice bolt to finish him. With great succes. 100% winrate untill today(offcourse without counting the countless losses due to silly mistakes in the trainer)... lousy draw.. on both sides and i lacked 4 dmg.. Morte played a miracle and it was over. I used this deck:

Hover over cards for details, click for permalink
Deck import code : [Select]
6rn 6rn 6rn 6rn 6rn 6u2 6u2 6u2 6u3 6u3 6u3 6u3 6u3 6u3 6u7 6u7 6u7 6ve 6ve 6ve 6ve 6ve 7go 7gp 7gp 7gq 7gq 7te 7te 7te 8pp

I was very proud of the 100% winrate and when it dropped to 90% i figured it was time to addapt the deck to 1.293

SoG's are nerfed and not really needed since you use antimatter. Angels still like to heal buffed antimattered vampire dragons. The previous deck was having trouble getting entropy fast enough. Silence would be able to finish the job better and way more reliable than an ice lance ever could. And offcourse an added shield for faster protection would help a LOT.

So with no further ado i present:

Morte, hush baby. It won't hurt. Much..

624 624 624 6ts 6ts 6u2 6u2 6u2 6u3 6u3 6u3 6u3 6u3 6u3 6u7 6u7 6u7 6ve 6ve 6ve 6ve 6ve 7gp 7gp 7gp 7gq 7gq 7te 7te 7te 8pp

So far i've had 5 wins and no losses. No EM but I wasnt focussing on getting that. It should be easy enough to get EM about 90% of the time, by just making sure the antimatered vamps arent interrupted by something that does more than 2 dmg.

Anyway the strategy may sound elaborate but if you look at the deck and at Morte's deck it makes sense:
Morte has no PC and Get a shield out. Wait for an angel or dragon. Make sure you have 6 entropy and 1 extra for every chaos power you have in your hand. Buff. Antimatter. Play suppernova's whenever you like. Morte can't alter your quanta or your hand, so no worries there.
He will play an angel eventually and angels will keep the antimattered vamps from dying. Gotta love Morte <3. You may want to protect it from freezing so its healing wont be interrupted by freezing on the shield. In that case play antimatter on the angel so it wont freeze and keep any liquids for later. Try to not overdo on dmg unless you have and are able to play a silence and here's the why: Morte has miracles and he will play this for two reasons with this deck: 1 If your antimattered brainwashed friends can kill him in one turn. 2. If Morte's HP drops below 30. So you calculate the dmg. Simple enough with only 2 or 3 creatures doing dmg to him. And whenever his hp drops below 30 or the combined dmg, you play a silence and kill him.

Important: IF you have only one silence in your hand, you may want to hold on to the last liquid shadow if you cant get your dmg over 30 with it.
It's a lot of text. I know. But like i said: if you look at the logic behind it, all you need to remember is: 30HP

Note: I don't have the silences upped myself and i dont think it makes any difference. You only need one.

The Arena / Re: Become the Weapon Master!
« on: October 14, 2011, 07:42:00 am »
I got quintescence today and i appearantly suck at deckbuilding since i never seem to get more wins than twice the losses, wich means my decks allways slowly drop to 500 and beyond.
But i'm going to give this a try:

The Arena / Re: Become the Weapon Master!
« on: October 09, 2011, 09:16:28 am »
I assume correctly that the oracle card has to be one of the allowed cards aswell?

In any case, i put up a weapons deck with shockwave as my oracle card and im gonna be in this race! *prays for a pend or a weapon from the oracle* :p

Patch Notes and Development News / Re: Elements 1.29
« on: October 01, 2011, 10:40:33 am »
Would it be better if the 'Band' was on the right side of the title instead of the left?
^This

And i miss the purty shiny darkness  :-[

Also, im not sure if anyone has posted this and/or if it's supposed to be this way or if it's a bug (still trying to get up to speed with the new update and the comments made in this topic), but i noticed that with a False God the Shard of Void takes 2HP of our max HP EVERY turn.
I assume it counts the mark or cards drawn, but I don't believe that should be counted as three turns. If it is, then either the card text should be changed or all towers in the FG's field should be counted three times aswell (wich i think would be great for our arena deck  :P). If it's not, then the SoV should not take 2 HP of our max every turn when playing versus someone with a triple mark or triple draw.

Buff This Card! / Re: Light Nymph | Light Nymph
« on: July 17, 2011, 09:11:03 am »
I have 2 of these now and I'm really struggling to find a good use for them. Luciferase seems to be better in almost every situation.

Lobo hitting your light-generating creatures? It can also neuter your nymph! But it can't hit luciferase!

Charging up a fat Hope shield? Hope and light nymph are both extremely expensive. Using either card delays the use of the other tremendously, and rushes will kill you. With luciferase, you can quickly and cheaply turn all your dragons (or whatever) into Hope boosters right after playing your shield.

Healing? Here the light nymph is kinda useful for sustained healing, but luciferases and holy lights can heal you much faster for much less quanta. This appears to be the only situation where light nymph has some use, but it faces heavy competition from: Heal, Sanctuary, SoG, Amber Nymph, Druid Staff, etc etc. Every single other option is either way cheaper/faster, or in the case of Amber Nymph, more powerful of an effect.
this ^

Gimme back mai nyyyyyyyyyyymphs!!!!!!

Paradox / Re: Oracle : Paradox
« on: June 23, 2011, 08:43:41 am »
I went with a lance/firestall adapted to paradox and everything that could go wrong, did go wrong. Well allmost everything..
5f5 5f5 5f5 5lg 6rn 6rn 6rn 6rn 6rn 6rn 7dg 7dg 7dg 7dg 7dg 7dg 7dg 7dk 7dk 7dk 7dk 7dk 7dk 7dl 7dl 7do 7do 7do 7dr 7dr 7dr 7dr 7f2 7f2 7f2 7f2 7f2 7f2 7f2 7la 8po

Started with one pendulum in my hand.. no suprise here that it ofcourse was the one pendulum that wasnt fire..
No problem ofcourse.. unless paradox starts with 4 or more rays of light, a few blessings and a morning glory.. wich ofcourse he did..
well after that second turn i drew a fire pendulum and could play the sog i had in my hand.. decided to wait a few turns and play a shield first (having this early was the one thing that didnt go wrong.)  Ofcourse i didnt have an upped fireshield in my hand and with only 2 pendulums of wich one was light it took some time to accumulate 6 fire.

I played the shield, then a sog. The morning glory allready chopped about 20 HP of my bar. Paradox then pumped up a deja vu and i only had lances as cc.. after a few turns and blessings i decided i couldnt wait for the shield to kill it and waiting for a ragepot had allready taken most of my hp.. so as not to die misserably i used a lance. After that paradox kept spamming deja's and blessings so i used another.
My HP dropped to 7.. and i thankfully got some more sogs and paradox didnt play any TU's. Finally i healed back up to a safe zone. I rather had a ragepot or firestorm somewhere in the first 29 cards, but oh well.. all wasnt lost.
11 cards left.. i drew my first and last rage pot of the game (the 5 other pots + 3 firestorms where all hiding in the last 9 cards of the deck).. used it on a 5 att, wich by then didnt matter much anymore since there were two.
9 cards left i had the 4 lances i had left and over 162 fire quanta, played the mirror and wacked the annoyingly lucky FG to death..

In a nutshell.. the worst case scenario actually happened and not even that could stop the deck from killing paradox.

I'd say, if you're going upped, firestall is the way to go for this FG.

Rainbow / Re: Oracle : Rainbow
« on: June 20, 2011, 08:48:17 am »
I got rainbow today, and as my AM/LS seem to dislike me (I always fail to draw enough antimatters or liquid shadows in time), I decided to try something else and based on glitch comment I build the following deck:

55p 55p 55p 55p 55v 55v 55v 55v 55v 55v 58t 58t 592 592 592 592 5aa 5aa 5aa 5aa 5aa 5aa 5aa 5aa 5aa 5aa 5aa 5aa 77l 77l 77l 77l 77l 77l 8pl

Sadly, I lost, but this deck has potential.

I lost because his hand god flooding with cards he couldn't play, after I got a third turn EA-gravity shield and managed to protect my pendulums the turn after, turning all his CC AND PC into death cards, which resulted in seeing a few games where he was simply unable to use his hourglasses, because he had to clear his hand (by discarding).
As you can see I came close to losing on hp's too, because his owl's eye decided to show up on the third turn, and kept hitting me from there on. I think the deck will work out fine (especially fully upped) with one of two pulverizers to take his owl's eyes out, and a few stone skins for more healing.

Note, if you don't have upped BB, use 4 armors and 4 BB, instead of 2/6. The BB is nice when you are facing a shrieker before you have a gravity shield up, but can be expensive in the beginning (because you want to get the quanta for EA as fast as possible).

Play style:
Get a EA gravity shield as soon as possible
Use armors and BB on his shriekers
Use black hole for healing, try to maximize the healing
So don't heal when you have only 70 quanta left or when rainbow has little quanta, the extra hp's are more valuable than the extra turn(s) you get by using an early black hole, because: 8x shrieker = 96 damage, 8x spirit = 48 damage, 8x lycan = 8 damage, 4x thunderstorm = 20 damage, totalling at least 172 damage. You start with 100 damage, and you black holes can do 216 damage too, but with an early owl's eye and few hits before you can get your shield up that will be just enough (you can take 20 hits by on owl's eye, but that is without counting any hits by shriekers/spirits/lycans before you get your shield up.
Added some pulverizers to this deck to destroy the owls eyes and found out a few things:

1. This deck is can deck out Rainbow. Provided you do NOT protect the pendulums (you need them as bait for explosions and steals to clear out Rainbows hand so he can keep drawing.)
2. Using basilisk/ehh.. the other +hp thingy on anything else than shriekers will eventually kill you. (Silly me :p)
3. Decking out Rainbow is NOT worth the time and effort! EVER! If you try, you will be amazed about the time it takes to wait for Rainbows last 15 turns..
4. Im out of coffee and out of ideas for rainbow and will add a note to my FG specific decks to not waste any more time on this FG. All generic FG decks can with some luck beat this FG.

Jezebel / Re: Oracle : Jezebel
« on: June 17, 2011, 08:07:22 am »
use EA on her towers, and she is done for... (save one for your shield)
   This, along with other people's suggestions, gave me the inspiration for this deck (the blank cards are Sanctuaries):

Code: [Select]
4sa 4sa 4sa 4sa 4sa 4sa 4sa 4sa 4sa 4sa 4sa 4sa 592 592 592 592 592 592 5f6 5f6 5f6 5f6 5f6 5f6 5l9 5lg 5lg 5lm 5lm 5ro
   The idea is to EA Jezebel's QTs, then your own pillars. The Deflags are for Cloaks and Vampire Daggers, and Reflective Shield blocks Siphon Life. Sanctuary buys you enough time to deck her out. I tried it in the trainer, and went 8-2. Thoughts?
^This and the comment after that lead me to make this:
592 592 592 592 5l9 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 77i 77i 7dm 7dm 7dm 7dm 7dm 7dm 7dq 7k0 7k0 7k0 7k6 7k6 7k6 7q4 7q8 80h 8pm

I tried with some stone skins, but with only 2 ya get 196 score, wich isnt worth it. And more stone skins would need hourglasses to get the PA's in time..
The destroyer speeds things up greatly and destroy the 2 vamp daggers for EM.

Chaos Lord / Re: Oracle : Chaos Lord
« on: June 16, 2011, 07:36:06 am »
Really like the idea of the deck above. I wanted to try a different version that can get somewhat higher attack and quint. Enter Aether Pends.

4vo 4vo 50u 50u 50u 50u 50u 50u 50u 50u 5if 5if 5if 5if 5if 5if 5ig 5ig 5ig 5ig 5ig 5ig 63a 63a 63a 63a 63a 63a 63a 63a
Unfortunately I lost because I played more Flayers than I needed and thus ran short on water quanta, but this kind of deck seems like a solid concept. Adding more pends seems like it could help a lot. Maybe -1 Flayer, -1 Tears, +1 of each epnd, or maybe even just bump it up to 32 cards.
Tried this ^ + 2 pends.. the first antimattered creature got mutated with a card instead of a druid.. then i didnt have enough entropy to antimatter it again and died.. the next game i tried it again and died before i even got to use an entropy nymph..

Edit: i had everything upped except the druids for obvious reasons. for this deck to work it either needs way faster defence (water towers/pends and/or shield/sundials) or healing, wich doesnt seem the best option since it can get stolen.

2nd edit:

Cant believe no one could give it a reply. The old SG "almost no upgrades FG Killer" do it very well.

4vo 52n 5ro 5rp 5rp 5rp 5rp 5rp 5rp 61t 622 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6u6 71b 74b 74b 77c 77i 7am 7am 7do 7do 7n3 7q5 7q5 7q5 7q5 80h 80h

tried this ^ with an added permafrost (water was unused and it really helps to freeze those giants) and another eternity, since you cant use it when its the very last card in the deck and had great succes.

3rd edit: Slightly modified the deck again to better fit the new skills and card texts from mutation and rewinded skele's.

5rp 5rp 5rp 5rp 5rp 5rp 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6u6 6u8 717 71b 74b 74b 77i 7am 7am 7do 7do 7gp 7n2 7n3 7q5 7q5 7q5 7q5 7q8 7q8 80d 80h 80h
I allready had another eternity and an added permafrost and then i did this:

Upped the boneyard for better mutations from rewinded skele's.
Removed fractal, for deja vu and mitosis occurs on both mutated skele's and mutated fireflies
Added an animate for an eternity to be able to use it as bait/FG lockdown/more mutaded skele's/fun/whatever..
Removed diamond shield because i really like permafrost way better. Just dont ever let it get stolen if your dont have butterfly effect protected or you only have one eternity left and its flying, offcourse. Perhaps for these circumstances a diamond shield is better after all..

Pages: [1] 2
blarg: stylish777