*Author

Active members:
The Oracle(1) Evil Hamster(1) Celidion(1) YoYoBro(1) chriskang(1) Elentier(1) bobcamel(1) Essence(1) czah(1) chimaera(1) Boingo(1) dark_stew(1) tiziano(1) ghy(1) NorthernDeed(1) ramones(1) SpeedLimit55(1) BetaParticle(1) binge(1) PuppyChow(1) CelestrialDreamer(1) sirboomalot(1) doomeister(1) HowFlyy(1) Kaine(1) diviad(1) Optimalist(1) Waerloga(1) JETZAL(1) Downsociety(1) Justsoneguy(1) stage(1) Jangoo(1) danieldubois(1) dragonhuman(1) theunamed(1) icecoldbro(1) darkhellion(1) dracomageat(1) noso1928(1) Azumi(1) Ge0metry v1.2(1) Chemist(1) Malduk(1) jheamay(1) swegfnujhu(1) IStoneI(1) Marvaddin(1) guy_fawkes(1) echii(1) PoLdeR(1) sSethia(1) RedWarrior0(1) samrynredflame(1) karthikking(1) Tom Bombadil(1) ghen(1) Perryd(1) edunavas(1) the Sage(1) manaboy100(1) snowballfr(1) bored_ninja777(1) jnatkins(1) dipree(1) MartyrX(1) morningstar(1) dreadsamurai(1) Rooftrellen(1) TruePurple(1) TheMartyr24(1) SteppingStone81(1) eL PaRaGuaYo(1) nerd1(1) zse(1) ElemantalCaek(1) funplay(1) Werdbooty(1) yezpahr(1) Uppercut(1) Dragoon1140(1) hammythepig(1) Manni(1) Monox D. I-Fly(1) Metoropolice(1) Toimu13(1) ThugStyle(1) TheIdioticIdiot(1) Nepycros(1) Antiderivative(1) chrisbenton876(1) zombie0(1) Buzz4rd(1) Pkmn31337(1) vidurkhanna(1) Dengeki(1) EvaRia(1) jdk470(1) bucky1andonly(1) Rastafla(1) Zblader(1) Amheug-ui Maseuteo(1) Jenkar(1) ARTHANASIOS(1) Regyptic(1) Lluis83(1) The conartist(2) Delreich(2) xdude(2) Sigh(2) Grimdrome(2) pikachufan2164(2) Eleazar(2) Seravy(2) habeus(2) killsdazombies(2) Daneman(2) Mrd3ath(2) Supersonique(2) bojengles77(2) Svenningen(2) Selenbrant(2) rakazy8564(2) melzardust(2) asymmetry(2) lokiburn4(2) OracleStar(2) TheonlyrealBeef(2) Glitch(2) Sir Valimont(2) EmeraldTiger(2) kitty45(2) Norbert Hawk(2) JaguarLive(2) TheForbiddenOracle(2) AchDeToni(2) darkrobe(2) willng3(2) furballdn(2) Chapuz(2) Ciskje(2) eaglgenes101(2) Marsu(2) Cisco(3) TheMadEvil(3) pepokish(3) teffy(3) yaladilae(3) miniwally(3) Kuroaitou(3) Mantriel(3) Sira84(3) silux(3) SickTanicK(3) Leo(3) Jappert(3) jmizzle7(4) Kael Hate(4) Ashebrethafe(4) plastiqe(4) smuglapse(4) ddevans96(4) RootRanger(4) dragonsdemesne(4) Avenger(5) icybraker(5) Antagon(5) Arondight(5) DrunkDestroyer(5) CB!(6) Jaxly(6) Chromanin(8) The_Mormegil(9) BluePriest(11) Ant-n-ero(17) Scaredgirl(27)

Offline pikachufan2164

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 40
  • pikachufan2164 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.pikachufan2164 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.pikachufan2164 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.pikachufan2164 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.pikachufan2164 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.pikachufan2164 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.pikachufan2164 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.pikachufan2164 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.
  • Phase in, phase out.
  • Awards: Rouser of Willng3 RecruitsWeekly Tournament WinnerWar #5 Winner - Team AetherSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeTeam PvP #4 WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake 	2nd Trivia Winner
Re: [POLL] 5 most important things Elements needs right now? https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=1431.msg287339#msg287339
« Reply #288 on: March 10, 2011, 03:38:32 am »
Well Leo,
It's been said many times before, but a trading system is not going to work because people would have many accounts and trade nymphs.
Even if nymphs were banned from trading, rare weapon trading could be manipulated through new accounts that complete the 500 score quest.
By the time you ban both nymphs and rare weapons, the trading feature is useless.
Elements isn't a game where it takes a long time to get a good non-rare card.
Oh, I see. Yeah, actually, I didn't think about the 'many accounts' thing, but did think about ways to exploit the card trading system... hmm, well, guess I'll stick with the horde and say BUG FIXES. hehe

Oh, and, there should have "nerf the Dimensional Shield" (I know it's not the section for it but) in the poll because, imo, that thing is broken.
Dimensional Shield "Nerf this card!" thread: http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,10171.0.html

You can see from the poll results that a large majority of the community believes that the card is balanced as it is.

There's plenty of ways to get around Dimensional Shield -- permanent control to get rid of it (Steal, Deflagration, Pulverizer, Butterfly Effect, mutants with Steal or Destroy abilities), momentum to go right past it (Chargers, Momentum, Chimera), direct damage to go right past it (Fire Bolt, Ice Bolt, Drain Life, Unstable Gas, Voodoo Doll), quanta denial so that they can't play it (Discord, Earthquake, Devourer, Black Hole), hand control so they can't play and/or draw it (Silence, Nightmare, Reverse Time, Eternity) etc.
I'm doing science, and I'm still alive.

Level 2 Magic Judge.

Offline RootRanger

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 51
  • RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.
  • R A I N B R O S
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 13th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday Cake10th Trials - Master of FireElemental Conquest WinnerWriting Competition - Across(tic) the World of ElementsWeekly Tournament Winner1st Grandmaster Battle Winner - FireThere Can Be Only One - 2016 WinnerGold DonorChampionship League 2/2015 2nd Place9th Trials - Master of FireElements: A Game of Politics - WinnerEnder of War War #8 Winner - Team FireWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 1/2013 WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWar #4 Winner - Team DeathChampionship League 3/2011 3rd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBeginners League 2/2011 2nd PlaceWeekly PvP Tournament WinnerWeekly PvP Tournament WinnerBeginners League 1/2011 2nd PlaceWeekly PvP Tournament Winner
Re: [POLL] 5 most important things Elements needs right now? https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=1431.msg287341#msg287341
« Reply #289 on: March 10, 2011, 03:43:15 am »
As for my own choices, I put the following:
PvP Ranking System - Since score doesn't come close to measuring skill, a ranking system is necessary if Elements wants to be at least semi-competitive. T500 would be good.
Bug Fixes (PvP Specific) - PvP should be fair for obvious reasons.
Better Game Balance - Crucial to PvP. AI? Not so much.
Game log - Players could go over games and see where they went wrong.
Expand the PvP experience - Since PvP is more fun than mindlessly playing AI2.

More quests would be my sixth choice.
Somehow still around, somewhat

Leo

Re: [POLL] 5 most important things Elements needs right now? https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=1431.msg287361#msg287361
« Reply #290 on: March 10, 2011, 04:01:18 am »
You can see from the poll results that a large majority of the community believes that the card is balanced as it is.

There's plenty of ways to get around Dimensional Shield -- permanent control to get rid of it (Steal, Deflagration, Pulverizer, Butterfly Effect, mutants with Steal or Destroy abilities), momentum to go right past it (Chargers, Momentum, Chimera), direct damage to go right past it (Fire Bolt, Ice Bolt, Drain Life, Unstable Gas, Voodoo Doll), quanta denial so that they can't play it (Discord, Earthquake, Devourer, Black Hole), hand control so they can't play and/or draw it (Silence, Nightmare, Reverse Time, Eternity) etc.
I know, I've been around for a while - a week or something - so I'm quite aware of all the game's mechanic but.. but..  :'( ... I generally find a way to stall them back with Stone Skin, i.e., but then comes the Bone Walls.. meh.. well, shenanigans apart, imo, it should defend for 2 turns instead of 3, for example.

Well, off-topic in here, I'm moving to the nerf thread to baww a little. hehe   :D

:earth _ :earth

JaguarLive

Re: [POLL] 5 most important things Elements needs right now? https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=1431.msg287511#msg287511
« Reply #291 on: March 10, 2011, 12:18:41 pm »
My Opinion

-The ticks on the check boxes are almost imvisible, changing the tick colour would be nice

-Balance may also be an issue, as in to allow some other elements to have access to other abilities, maybe something like a colour wheel...not sure how to explain this, but eg. make another element or 2 able to make invincibility, but more expensive, since aether rules this field they have it the cheapest etc. (I am just basing my opinion off magic:The Gathering), other cards which allow you to draw cards (time rules this atm. so others would be more costy obviously)

-Maybe a better chat system in pvp, messaging is annoying...

- I am not sure about this one but maybe there could be a way to "buy cards" from the bazaar, with real money...or something to give credits which can be used to do so (not to pay to get more gold coins as that would be a little unfair for upgrading purposes) this may also help zanz get more out of his work, however if the donate generates enough for him then nevermind...

these are all i have at the moment
Hope it helps

Re: [POLL] 5 most important things Elements needs right now? https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=1431.msg288063#msg288063
« Reply #292 on: March 11, 2011, 06:00:40 am »
I would like to see more levels.  For example, add level 7 and level 8.  However this would require progression.   There would have to be another tier to upgrading or add some sort of 'gem' upgrade that permanently adds a buff on one of your cards.   Make it another grind though. So, the second tier upgrades are costly.

If you are too afraid that it will put new comers at a disadvantage, then you could nerf areas, such as the first upgrade or half-bloods.

This would probably require a PvP3.

JaguarLive

Re: [POLL] 5 most important things Elements needs right now? https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=1431.msg288080#msg288080
« Reply #293 on: March 11, 2011, 06:47:47 am »
I have just had an idea for quests, simple but allows begginers to explore and learn more about the different elements. this has probably been mentioned before since i think it shouldnt be that hard to come up with something like this.
It is to make a quest tree or something, where you will have to fight every element seperately, (the decks should be mono). This should give beginners an insight into the strengths of each elements as well as the weaknesses.

Jaxly

Re: [POLL] 5 most important things Elements needs right now? https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=1431.msg289907#msg289907
« Reply #294 on: March 14, 2011, 12:04:37 am »
Firstly I like jaguars Idea (posted above me)

When I go into duel system and type somones ign, I check it for mispellings.
I then hit enter, it locks in and the name disappears.
I then see typed "DuelGuy: waiting Jaxly..."
I want to check to see if I put his name in wrong or something but his name is only visible when you cancel the duel.
I think that this is a needless frustration and is probably easily changed so that the name is visible during the "waiting for opponent phase"

Make IGNs visible during the "waiting for opponent phase"

Offline RootRanger

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 51
  • RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.
  • R A I N B R O S
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 13th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday Cake10th Trials - Master of FireElemental Conquest WinnerWriting Competition - Across(tic) the World of ElementsWeekly Tournament Winner1st Grandmaster Battle Winner - FireThere Can Be Only One - 2016 WinnerGold DonorChampionship League 2/2015 2nd Place9th Trials - Master of FireElements: A Game of Politics - WinnerEnder of War War #8 Winner - Team FireWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 1/2013 WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWar #4 Winner - Team DeathChampionship League 3/2011 3rd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBeginners League 2/2011 2nd PlaceWeekly PvP Tournament WinnerWeekly PvP Tournament WinnerBeginners League 1/2011 2nd PlaceWeekly PvP Tournament Winner
Re: [POLL] 5 most important things Elements needs right now? https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=1431.msg289943#msg289943
« Reply #295 on: March 14, 2011, 01:27:58 am »
Perhaps this is luck or terrible memory, but I have been matched in a PvP duel even when I typed the wrong name. After a little searching I was paired with the person who typed my name even though I did not type theirs. Has anyone else experienced this?
Somehow still around, somewhat

Offline TheForbiddenOracle

• Reputation Power: 21
  • TheForbiddenOracle is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.TheForbiddenOracle is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.TheForbiddenOracle is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.TheForbiddenOracle is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.
  • Awards: Weekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: [POLL] 5 most important things Elements needs right now? https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=1431.msg289955#msg289955
« Reply #296 on: March 14, 2011, 01:52:05 am »
I voted for more quests as top priority because... well after you reach 500 score that is the last reward. Even if defeating a FG is a Quest there must be something above that... and they don't even give you a reward for beating FG (besides the electrum from winning and the occasional Card)

Re: [POLL] 5 most important things Elements needs right now? https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=1431.msg312432#msg312432
« Reply #297 on: April 15, 2011, 09:11:30 pm »
Sorry for the laziness but there is 25 pages of posts to go through. I was just wondering if the "Advanced Statistics" option includes a system that when logged in tracks a players statistics that can be viewed on a summary page in that players profile?

Jaxly

Re: [POLL] 5 most important things Elements needs right now? https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=1431.msg316173#msg316173
« Reply #298 on: April 20, 2011, 01:41:23 pm »
Perhaps this is luck or terrible memory, but I have been matched in a PvP duel even when I typed the wrong name. After a little searching I was paired with the person who typed my name even though I did not type theirs. Has anyone else experienced this?
Yes is the answer to this.
I think if you look to duel one person while another is actively searching for your ign then there is a chance you'll be matched with the person who was looking for you rather than the person you were looking for. Confussy?

A + B want a game
A types B ign
B types A ign
C thinks A wants to fight him
C types A ign
C links to A first
Duel between A and C starts

Its easy to test but rarely comes up in the game since communication is fairly good.

silux

Re: [POLL] 5 most important things Elements needs right now? https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=1431.msg327865#msg327865
« Reply #299 on: May 05, 2011, 10:04:11 pm »
Add to the poll
Improved GUI(graphic user interface)
Half the thread in suggestion and feedback are about this...

anything
blarg: