*Author

Offline yaladilaeTopic starter

• Reputation Power: 12
  • yaladilae is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.yaladilae is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • † RIP Butterfly Angel †
  • Awards: Undefeated 100-0 Competition Winner
Yaladilae's Butterfly Angel (v1.21) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=4212.msg41447#msg41447
« on: March 20, 2010, 10:28:56 am »
Deck Helper comment: 
This deck was posted before the 1.32 game update and as a result may work very differently now.  Use at your own risk.

The Deck
I have been testing around a new FG deck in anticipation for the coming of 1.21

The problem in 1.21 with FG deck are automulligen / cost increase

I believe alot of you (like me) uses a variation of either Time Sundial FG deck or Entrophy Supernova FG deck

Regardless, i will quickly explain why the above 2 things in 1.21 is damaging
Time FG > Increase cost to hourglass / eternity / alot more things
Entrophy FG > Authomulligen will potentially shuffle an awesome hand away

Anyway, to solve these, I decided to make a deck based on least number of cards that is reli reli reli reli necesary
Then I worked on the safety of the deck, and after improving my entrophy FG, I have this

Hover over cards for details, click for permalink
Deck import code : [Select]
4vo 5le 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6u3 6u3 6u3 6u3 6u3 6u3 71b 74b 74b 77i 7ba 7ba 7ba 7do 7gp 7k2 7n3 7q5 7q5 7q8 80h 80h 80h 8pj

I have killed every single god with this deck, and probably like all FG deck, rainbow gives you the hardest time

Statistics
Since v1.21 has come live, I have finish (31st March) testing over 100 games
Win: 68 - Most Win: Fire Queen, Paradox
Lost: 32 - Most Lost: Dark Matter, Divine Glory
Please note I only record win/lost as I believe it is pointless to record specficly EM/Deckouts...
The stats are kept here, I am trying to play about 10 games a day, if time allows me to~
http://elementsstatistics.comxa.com/getstatistics.php?dv=2496380456

Videos
Alot of you have commented that this deck is very difficult to use, the cards never come right, therefore I have added some videos of me fighting FG, as a mini-tutorial, for you to see how my playstyle (might) differ then yours. For this purpose, I have included some examples also how I lost
Destiny (
) - A simple game against Destiny as the first video on the list to demostrate how I use my deck. Note that I always eat the eggs first because I hate them hatching into dragons
Morte (
) - This game got very close, and at the end he mircale, and I knew soon my bone wall could fall, so i used permafrost and created skeleton for him to create a complete defense
Fire Queen (
) - Fire Queen is hard when he drops alot of queens early, as the rush of fireflies can be very painful. Permafrost are good early game, as it can freezen queen. Until your fire storm + bone wall come, there is not a big point to switch.
Incarnate (
) - He can be hard sometimes when the draw is not so right. Without early butterfly, permafrost is actually a better shield. Just watch out to reverse poisoned firefly to prevent him having too much skeleton
Scorpio (
) - For Scorpio, a good draw is many SoG and a permafrost shield, in this game. It shows that even with an early oty, no SoG can still be devastating, but mircale extended my life by a fair bit
Seism (
) - Against Seism, without an early enchant artifact for the pillar, then you have to play your pillar slowly to ensure a win, remember to enchante your pillar. This game, however, he just rush too fast to have any chance against him
Dark Matter (
) - This game I simply lost because I couldnt get 1 single gravity quatum to play a quint oty, and when his blackholes came in, I knew it was over sooner or later
Gemini (
) - Gemini can be difficult and this is just a classic example of how you can do everything right, and then he copies his own dragons and kills you

FG control
Chaos LordSteal, Congeal, Improved Mutation, Explosion
Dark MatterBlack Hole, Gravity Force, Unstoppable
DecayFractal, Siphon Life, Steal
DestinyRewind
Divine GloryExplosion
Dream CatcherButterfly Effect, Shockwave, Congeal, Thunderbolt, Rage Elixer, Quicksand
EldinisCongeal, Twin Universe
Eternal PhoenixFire Lance, Fire Storm, Explosion, Thunderbolt, Fractal
FeroxNone
Firefly QueenFire Lance
GeminiUnstoppable, Twin Universe
GravitionGravity Force, Explosion, Fire Storm, Unstoppable
HermesExplosion, Fire Lance, Fire Storm
IncarnateNone
MiracleNone
MorteImproved Plague
NeptuneCongeal, Shockwave
ObliteratorGravity Force, Unstoppable
OctaneExplosions, Fire Lance
OsirisRewind, Unstoppable
ParadoxTwin Universe
RainbowCongeal, Gravity force, Lightning, Explosion, Steal
ScorpioCongeal, Ice Lance
SeismRewind, Quicksand
Note that this list just gives control that is "instant"

Variant Idea
Alot of people have come back giving ideas of slight variants. Here is some idea you can try while running this.
• Up all the cards
• Change angel to elite oty / pest. This is definitely better, but like i tell everyone,
angel is one of my favorite card in this game
• Make it 35 card. Adding things such as another shield, steal, antimatter etc. 35 card is the max you can do with 2 hourglass after alot of testing
• Switch FFQ to another source of damage, such as air nymph or a growth creature
• Use another 1 or 2 SoG instead of the mircale. I personally find mircale very very useful. But SoG do stall much better against gods with poison
• Add a rewind in to prevent decking-out. I agree eternity being the last card is annoying, but personally it never happen much
• Add 1 time tower or change 1 quantum tower to time tower, this will smooth out the usage of eternity

Screenshots
Pictures, to give you a taste of the more difficult gods being slayed...

:::  The first day the new cards goes live, Orcale gave me a guardian angel , I am sure fate wants me to stick with the angel  :::
« Last Edit: January 08, 2013, 12:47:44 am by willng3 »

Offline Baily18

• Reputation Power: 9
  • Baily18 is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • New to Elements
Re: Yaladilae's butterfly angel https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=4212.msg41481#msg41481
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2010, 01:30:09 pm »
:o looks awesome, a Butterfly Angel :)

Andran

Re: Yaladilae's butterfly angel https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=4212.msg41659#msg41659
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2010, 07:56:58 pm »
Since your quantum generation is not sufficient for eternity's upkeep, you might as well use an Pulverizer instead of butterfly. The deck looks strong enough anyway, but I just don't see the point.

• yaladilae is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.yaladilae is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
Re: Yaladilae's butterfly angel https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=4212.msg41663#msg41663
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2010, 08:02:18 pm »
Since your quantum generation is not sufficient for eternity's upkeep, you might as well use an Pulverizer instead of butterfly. The deck looks strong enough anyway, but I just don't see the point.
Eternity from keep you decking out, its a must
The reason i use butterfly is because its a subsititue for fallen druid to have a 100% destory mutant (which is very useful against FG)

If you stop drawing cards too much after u have 13 or so cards left, you have just enough time quantum to survive (dont play hourglass 2)

but then again, I am still testing it  :-\

Astaroth

Re: Yaladilae's butterfly angel https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=4212.msg41665#msg41665
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2010, 08:30:00 pm »
I'll tell you why I like this idea. I use Vreely's 36-card Rainbow, and it doesn't have Elf/Druid. This can lead to extremely long games because some FG's have decent shields (Chaos Lord and Scorpio), while others have crazy healing via Bonds. When Pulvy comes late, these cards sit on the field for quite a while. With this, you have a "healing Pulvy" AND Eternity in the weapon slot. I might try this one...

Re: Yaladilae's butterfly angel https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=4212.msg41668#msg41668
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2010, 08:37:41 pm »
I'll tell you why I like this idea. I use Vreely's 36-card Rainbow, and it doesn't have Elf/Druid. This can lead to extremely long games because some FG's have decent shields (Chaos Lord and Scorpio), while others have crazy healing via Bonds. When Pulvy comes late, these cards sit on the field for quite a while. With this, you have a "healing Pulvy" AND Eternity in the weapon slot. I might try this one...
There is no healing pulv, but just its 6 hp so it wont get eaten quickly by fire shield (you destory it the turn later)
3 light quantum is cheap
I know there are bigger low atk creature like armaigo, but all the gravity quatum early in game goes to oty, for example.

Pest could be good too, since it can also absorb for more dark quanta which can slow down the FG very slightly
but I personally like winged things with more wing  :o
On second thought, if you try it with pest, you would probably get a nicer result =)

Offline Zeru

• Reputation Power: 16
  • Zeru is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Zeru is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Zeru is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • The meaning of life is to give life meaning.
Re: Yaladilae's butterfly angel https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=4212.msg41700#msg41700
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2010, 10:27:42 pm »
This is my opening post, so I would like to say hello to all the members of this community. I would like to share my thoughts about this interesting deck.

Why not replace the angel and firefly with a photon and aflatoxin? The strategy would go like this. First you get the immortal otyugh out. When the photon or the second otyugh gets into your hand, you play, infect and eat it and quint the cell in the same turn. That way you secured a nice creature spam. When the butterfly effect gets into your hand, you simply pick one of the cells and quint it afterwards. That way it seems less mana heavy. I would even risk to say, that I would replace one of the shards with bond (no green mana usage) and replace one of the towers with a sundial for a bit faster deck.

* Small grammar improvement. My English is a bit flawed.

Re: Yaladilae's butterfly angel https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=4212.msg41716#msg41716
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2010, 11:12:23 pm »
This is my opening post, so I would like to say hello to all the members of this community. I would like to share my thoughts about this interesting deck.

Why not replace the angel and firefly with a photon and aflatoxin? The strategy would go like this. First you get the immortal otyugh out. When the photon or the second otyugh gets into your hand, you play, infect and eat it and quint the cell in the same turn. That way you secured a nice creature spam. When the butterfly effect gets into your hand, you simply pick one of the cells and quint it afterwards. That way it seems less mana heavy. I would even risk to say, that I would replace one of the shards with bond (no green mana usage) and replace one of the towers with a sundial for a bit faster deck.

* Small grammar improvement. My English is a bit flawed.
I reli like your idea

but then this is death quantum too heavy
And if you dont draw oty + quint early, you are lost

My combo however, if you draw any creature + quint early, you can stall a bit longer and new firefly are bait for the god's hand
And you get to play bonewall easier without much worry

And your idea seems impossible to beat seism (titantium shield + PA)
But its worth thinking about it =)

Thanks!

Offline Zeru

• Reputation Power: 16
  • Zeru is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Zeru is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Zeru is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • The meaning of life is to give life meaning.
Re: Yaladilae's butterfly angel https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=4212.msg41722#msg41722
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2010, 11:25:49 pm »
I was pretty sure that bonewall was meant to be a mid-game shield. My defence in the 1.20 are as follows:
- no shield at the beginning (or sundials when I'm racing morte's poison)
- phasing shield (when about 50 hp)
- bonewall + sundial (you build it up with oty before you even let your enemy crush it)
- dissipation field + enchant (final line of defence, with 20 quantum towers, almost unbeatable)

Then again my deck is huge, I'm not very experienced with small rainbows. If only there was a way to reduce the death mana use.. I think I will stick to my version anyway ;)

bigbadbanana

Re: Yaladilae's butterfly angel https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=4212.msg41724#msg41724
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2010, 11:29:46 pm »
Im sorry, i have never heard of automulligen before, what is it? Is it where you can change your opening hand, but must have one less card in it?

Re: Yaladilae's butterfly angel https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=4212.msg41739#msg41739
« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2010, 12:20:04 am »
Im sorry, i have never heard of automulligen before, what is it? Is it where you can change your opening hand, but must have one less card in it?
Elements 1.21

Auto-mulligan function:

Q - How does it work?
A - If none of the cards in your initial hand can be played during the first turn (none has cost 0) you'll automatically get 7 new cards. Only once.

Q - Am I going to realize a "mulligan" happened?
A - No.

Q - Why can't I decide myself if I want a mulligan?
A1 - People would use it to drastically improve the chances of getting the desired card X in the initial hand.
A2 - It would force me to add an extra turn in pvp games before the game actually starts: more waiting, more questions, more clicking.
A3 - I still want bad/good initial hands in the game. What I do not want is having 8 cards in your hand and having to discard one during your first turn - just too frustrating.

Q - I think it should count the number of pillars instead of the number of cost 0 cards
A - There are pillar-less decks

Q - I strongly prefer the system where I can have a mulligan, but if I get one I'll get less cards and it can be repeated up to 3 times, unless it is a first Monday of the month in which case I can get 2/3 of the cards that my opponent had yesterday.
A - Simple = Better

Q - I played a game where I still could not play any card during my first turn
A - You might still draw 14 cards and no pillars - did you try adding pillars to your deck?

http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,4066.0.html

Re: Yaladilae's butterfly angel https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=4212.msg41746#msg41746
« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2010, 12:33:54 am »
I was pretty sure that bonewall was meant to be a mid-game shield. My defence in the 1.20 are as follows:
- no shield at the beginning (or sundials when I'm racing morte's poison)
- phasing shield (when about 50 hp)
- bonewall + sundial (you build it up with oty before you even let your enemy crush it)
- dissipation field + enchant (final line of defence, with 20 quantum towers, almost unbeatable)

Then again my deck is huge, I'm not very experienced with small rainbows. If only there was a way to reduce the death mana use.. I think I will stick to my version anyway ;)
The thing about huge deck is you are more likely to get a) bad draw b) a lot of pillar draw c)not getting the right card in time > bascially unstable

anything
blarg: