*Author

Offline The OracleTopic starter

• The Oracle
  • Reputation Power: 60
  • The Oracle shines with the light of the Morning Glory!The Oracle shines with the light of the Morning Glory!The Oracle shines with the light of the Morning Glory!The Oracle shines with the light of the Morning Glory!The Oracle shines with the light of the Morning Glory!The Oracle shines with the light of the Morning Glory!The Oracle shines with the light of the Morning Glory!The Oracle shines with the light of the Morning Glory!The Oracle shines with the light of the Morning Glory!The Oracle shines with the light of the Morning Glory!The Oracle shines with the light of the Morning Glory!The Oracle shines with the light of the Morning Glory!
  • The voice of Elements
[Old] Level 1 - Crucible - Life Card Ideas - 23 Cards https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=5024.msg50239#msg50239
« on: April 08, 2010, 02:49:25 pm »
:lifebig CRUCIBLE
Level 1

These card ideas have been approved by our community and Card Curators. We will have a vote every week, and the most popular ideas will be moved to the next level, the Forge.

If you want your card listed here, please make sure that your idea meets the requirements.

NOTE: Cards with a '*' symbol before them will not be eliminated from the current list of options when the current round of voting is over, and usually imply that they have entered the Crucible after the polls have already started. Ones with multiple '*' mean that they will survive for additional rounds per '*'.

# of Cards0-23-67-1213-1718-2526-3233+
#of Votes0123456

CREATURES
Click on a card image to go to discussion page.

SPELLS

PERMANENTS

« Last Edit: June 24, 2015, 10:15:01 pm by Zblader »

Belthazar666

Re: Level 1 - Crucible - Life Card Ideas - 11 Cards https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=5024.msg71131#msg71131
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2010, 11:25:54 am »
I really like Tyrant Lizard.

Offline Kuroaitou

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 82
  • Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeMaster of Mafia10th Trials - Master of TimeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSilver DonorSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Level 1 - Crucible - Life Card Ideas - 11 Cards https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=5024.msg71138#msg71138
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2010, 12:11:50 pm »
I guess I'll have to explain my voting...

For my first pick, it was hands down going to be Sapling | Elder Tree - I've never seen a card with an 'automatic' passive of growing/withering and gaining/losing respective attack or health points over time. In a way, both cards are the Yin and Yang of Life, and display in a simple way how plants work (Young Trees start off being very vulnerable but grow and stabilize over time (increasing HP), while Older Trees are more prone to fall apart (lowering HP) but become more dangerous to be around due to them falling (increasing attack)).

The second pick was the Alpha Wolf, as it's represents the quickness (or creature swarming aspect) of Life creatures. They're still easy to take down (a RoF will beat them easily), but for other decks, they may struggle against the pack.

While the other ideas are pretty good, there were a few cards that turned me off (sort of ^^;; ):

-Oak Warrior/Guardian + Dryad: These cards are nice, but too reliant on each other. I feel like this could be later implemented in the game, but unless they're both implemented simultaneously, they won't be used because they're not as strong together.
-Flower/Tree Gift: Confusing Spell is confusing. :(
-Rebirth: This card would be heavily abused in almost every rainbow deck or any deck that can somehow gain :life quanta, it'd be ridiculous.

Glad that Life got so many ideas. :) May the best ideas press forward!

Offline Wardead

• Reputation Power: 10
  • Wardead is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.Wardead is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • New to Elements
Re: Level 1 - Crucible - Life Card Ideas - 11 Cards https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=5024.msg71217#msg71217
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2010, 05:46:42 pm »
I chose Tyrant Lizard, because it is very balanced as a card and matches the theory of life.

And 2nd vote is Alpha Wolf for what Kuro said.

miniwally

Re: Level 1 - Crucible - Life Card Ideas - 11 Cards https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=5024.msg71306#msg71306
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2010, 08:09:02 pm »
I went for alpha wolf fits with the swarming idea of life and the trees but the title of upgrade needs to be turned black.

I don't get the tyrant lizard how does it fit with life considering you're killing a creature?

Scaredgirl

Re: Level 1 - Crucible - Life Card Ideas - 11 Cards https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=5024.msg71329#msg71329
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2010, 08:29:56 pm »
I see some people don't take game balance into consideration seeing how many votes the Wolf has. :)

5 :life to create three creatures with total damage of 9. Wow.

Currently there are no cards in the game that instantly produce 2 creatures, let alone 3. Why do you think that is? Maybe it has something to do with the fact that getting piles of creatures fast has insane synergy with many cards in the game, like Feral Bond. And no Boneyard is different because it requires other cards as well. This is only one card.

Anyone who voted for the Wolf, please take a second to think about what kind of  :life :aether deck you could build using Wolves, Feral Bond and Fractal.

I like the idea of getting two creatures but three is way too much. If it was nerfed, I might even vote for it.

miniwally

Re: Level 1 - Crucible - Life Card Ideas - 11 Cards https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=5024.msg71332#msg71332
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2010, 08:33:22 pm »
I see some people don't take game balance into consideration seeing how many votes the Wolf has. :)

5 :life to create three creatures with total damage of 9. Wow.

Currently there are no cards in the game that instantly produce 2 creatures, let alone 3. Why do you think that is? Maybe it has something to do with the fact that getting piles of creatures fast has insane synergy with many cards in the game, like Feral Bond. And no Boneyard is different because it requires other cards as well. This is only one card.

Anyone who voted for the Wolf, please take a second to think about what kind of  :life :aether deck you could build using Wolves, Feral Bond and Fractal.

I like the idea of getting two creatures but three is way too much. If it was nerfed, I might even vote for it.
Completely forgot about feral bond I may have to rethink my vote for alpha wolf, but for 9 damage it isn't that much considering phase recluse almost does that but like you said it is only one creature.

I still don't get why the lizard has that much votes though it's killing a creature despite being life.

Kurohami

Re: Level 1 - Crucible - Life Card Ideas - 11 Cards https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=5024.msg71390#msg71390
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2010, 09:47:15 pm »
I voted for dryad and oak guardian. Those two cards are meant to be together.

The other ideas are awesome too, but I think dryad fits in the theme of life very well in that it heals. It would makes sense for life to have renewable creature healing. The oak guardian can make dryad a little OP, but it takes two of them to help the dryad to survive a single ROF, so it's not that bad. They can be hard to set up, but REALLY hard to get rid of once set up. There's finally a counter to plague other than immortality. Gives life a little bit more strength against death, that makes sense too. I liked the sapling and the elder tree as well, but it seems quite UP IMO. The elder tree is okay, but the sapling is vulnerable in the beginning and become useless and hard to get rid of afterward. Alpha wolf is okay, but I can only vote for two cards. The tyrant lizard is almost ridiculously UP, it needs to devour a creature on your own side that possibly cost a few quanta to get a 2/1 boost in stat when forest spectre gains 2/2 for only 1 quanta and it absorbs 2 quanta per turn and will die if there are no food. They otyugh can devour enemy creature and it will not die if there are no food, so the tyrant lizard is very under powered. Killer bee nest is a good idea as well, but the continuous upkeep is a bit staggering, and I picked my 2 cards anyways.

P.S. Alpha wolf is a little OP, but it's not 9 damage, it's 7, but the pack wolf is definitely OP. The upgraded version costs nothing, play an alpha, then keep fractaling the pack wolves and you get insane creature spam.

icybraker

Re: Level 1 - Crucible - Life Card Ideas - 11 Cards https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=5024.msg71402#msg71402
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2010, 10:01:42 pm »
Voted for Forest Protector because it is not very overpowered but powerful and interesting enough to add a new flavor to the humdrum old mono-Life. A well-balanced quanta damage spell on a stick.

Also voted for Bee's Nest because I feel that this game needs more creature generation. This one is mono-Life, which makes sense because of the nature of Life.

Offline Avenger

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 25
  • Avenger is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Avenger is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Avenger is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Avenger is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Avenger is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.
  • War veteran
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSilver DonorWar #8 Winner - Team FireWar #7 Winner - Team AetherWar #6 Winner - Team AetherWar #5 Winner - Team Aether
Re: Level 1 - Crucible - Life Card Ideas - 11 Cards https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=5024.msg72312#msg72312
« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2010, 01:02:46 pm »

But most shields reduce that damage to minimal. The wolfies are also oty snack size.
Your dimensional portal, while slower, produces bigger creatures for one card's space.

Offline tyranim

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 34
  • tyranim is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.tyranim is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.tyranim is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.tyranim is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.tyranim is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.tyranim is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.
  • formerly unit
Re: Level 1 - Crucible - Life Card Ideas - 12 Cards https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=5024.msg74864#msg74864
« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2010, 11:03:33 pm »
im surprised my card made it to level 1 ^.^
my milkshake brings all the boys to the yard and they're like "its better than yours" damn right, its better than yours! i can teach you but i'd have to charge!

PhantomFox

Re: Level 1 - Crucible - Life Card Ideas - 12 Cards https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=5024.msg75248#msg75248
« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2010, 05:05:05 pm »
All entries conforming to the rules get moved to level one.  It's making it further that's the hard bit...

anything
blarg: