*Author

Offline grimdragon64Topic starter

• Reputation Power: 3
  • grimdragon64 is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • Grim and Dragonic
Living Pillar | Experimental Pillar https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=51084.msg1095940#msg1095940
« on: September 09, 2013, 12:01:39 am »
NAME:
Living Pillar
ELEMENT:
Life
COST:
1 :life
TYPE:
Spell
ATK|HP:

TEXT:
Turn target pillar/pendulum into a 0/14 creature.
NAME:
Click here to add title
ELEMENT:
Life
COST:
TYPE:
Spell
ATK|HP:

TEXT:
Turn target pillar/pendulum into a 0/14 creature.

ART:
GrimDragon32
IDEA:
GrimDragon32
NOTES:
Of course, the 'living pillar' still generates quanta.
SERIES:

« Last Edit: October 02, 2013, 09:02:37 pm by grimdragon64 »
Signed, someone-who-usually-doesn't-use-this-space-for-real-signatures.

Offline xyan

• Reputation Power: 7
  • xyan is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • Semantics!
Re: Living Pillar | Experimental Pillar https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=51084.msg1095942#msg1095942
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2013, 12:07:54 am »
perhaps give them an effect to make up for not having any attack (and perhaps also keep quanta generation- seeing as how many lands with similar function in MTG also state the clause: still counts as a land) or changing 0/14 to something else, imo since you would be seeing this drop turn 1-2 i would change to like 2/10 or even randomized within limits similar to mutation.

I like the idea, related to animate weapon, but at its current state could be too 1-strategy based.

Offline artimies7

• Reputation Power: 24
  • artimies7 is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.artimies7 is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.artimies7 is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.artimies7 is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.
  • Effectively Super
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake
Re: Living Pillar | Experimental Pillar https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=51084.msg1095947#msg1095947
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2013, 12:36:41 am »
While it's a nice idea, at the current cost with no loss of abilities, (I presume) this would create massively overpowered Chimera decks. It'll take a better balancer than I to figure out the details. Wait for them before modifying the card, ok?
Donuts, Noodles, or Bacon?
Whitewalleries! | Noodles, to Victory!

Offline serprex

• Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • serprex hides under a Cloak.
  • Awards: War #12 Winner - Team Darkness
Re: Living Pillar | Experimental Pillar https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=51084.msg1095953#msg1095953
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2013, 12:47:08 am »
Potential with Catapult

Offline Blacksmith

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 30
  • Blacksmith is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Blacksmith is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Blacksmith is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Blacksmith is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Blacksmith is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Blacksmith is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.
  • Happy to help!!
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday Cake11th Trials - Master of Earth10th Trials - Master of EarthWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner7th Trials - Master of EarthWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 3/2012 3rd PlaceWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Living Pillar | Experimental Pillar https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=51084.msg1095954#msg1095954
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2013, 12:50:03 am »
I like the idea but the best use I can find for it is as pc
Purple Hillbilly reporting, ready for teamwork and shiny times. 

Offline ChemMan13

• ChemMan13 is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • New to Forum
Re: Living Pillar | Experimental Pillar https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=51084.msg1095955#msg1095955
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2013, 01:23:14 am »
nice use this with earthquake and devourers to get complete shutdown faster. Could work well with mito-devourer combo better if unupped.

Offline Drake_XIV

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 91
  • Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Powerful Harmony
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSummer and Winter Competition WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: Living Pillar | Experimental Pillar https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=51084.msg1096024#msg1096024
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2013, 05:07:23 pm »
Will the 0|14 still generate quanta?

I assume Pendulums will take their base type [Light Pendulums are Light]

Seems like a really weak version of Nymph Tears, although this can be seen more as a control option?
« Last Edit: September 09, 2013, 05:16:33 pm by Drake_XIV »

Offline Fippe94

• Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 40
  • Fippe94 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Fippe94 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Fippe94 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Fippe94 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Fippe94 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Fippe94 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Fippe94 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Fippe94 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeGold DonorSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeForum Brawl #5 Winner - Abyss BrawlersSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner8th Trials - Master of DeathBrawl #3 Winner - Divine LightSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake
Re: Living Pillar | Experimental Pillar https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=51084.msg1096029#msg1096029
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2013, 05:15:33 pm »
What happens if fractaled? Will you get normal pillars, or would you get this 0|14 creature? If the creature, how much would it cost?
Try Fragments, my card game!

cvengrcnq qbg arg fynfu frperg cnffjbeq
KVVV > KYIVV

Offline Drake_XIV

• Legendary Member
  • Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Powerful Harmony
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSummer and Winter Competition WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: Living Pillar | Experimental Pillar https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=51084.msg1096030#msg1096030
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2013, 05:17:33 pm »
I'd assume it'd be like Fractal-ing a Flying Weapon.

Offline xyan

• Reputation Power: 7
  • xyan is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • Semantics!
Re: Living Pillar | Experimental Pillar https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=51084.msg1096031#msg1096031
« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2013, 05:21:26 pm »
I'd assume it'd be like Fractal-ing a Flying Weapon.

which means a blessing of quanta o.O

Offline grimdragon64Topic starter

• grimdragon64 is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • Grim and Dragonic
Re: Living Pillar | Experimental Pillar https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=51084.msg1096094#msg1096094
« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2013, 09:14:09 pm »
Will the 0|14 still generate quanta?

I assume Pendulums will take their base type [Light Pendulums are Light]

Seems like a really weak version of Nymph Tears, although this can be seen more as a control option?

Yes and yes. It will (obviously) still generate the quanta, and Pendulums will take the base type(or alternately generate mark and base type like normal pendulums.

What happens if fractaled? Will you get normal pillars, or would you get this 0|14 creature? If the creature, how much would it cost?

Whatever happens when you fractal a flying weapon. I've never tried that before though, but I assume you will get the regular permanent.

perhaps give them an effect to make up for not having any attack (and perhaps also keep quanta generation- seeing as how many lands with similar function in MTG also state the clause: still counts as a land) or changing 0/14 to something else, imo since you would be seeing this drop turn 1-2 i would change to like 2/10 or even randomized within limits similar to mutation.

I like the idea, related to animate weapon, but at its current state could be too 1-strategy based.

I like your idea of giving it attack, but if it has attack, I think it should be different stats for each pillar/pendulum, and I have not planned that yet.

By the way:

Living pillars can still be affected by Nymph's Tears.

Light pillars generate Light, which means it affects Hope. Bone and Obsidian Pillars are Death/Darkness, so it's affected by Nightfall/Eclipse and Holy Light damages it.  :P

If there's any more questions feel free to ask!  ;D

« Last Edit: September 10, 2013, 11:55:29 pm by grimdragon64 »
Signed, someone-who-usually-doesn't-use-this-space-for-real-signatures.

Offline Drake_XIV

• Legendary Member
  • Powerful Harmony
Re: Living Pillar | Experimental Pillar https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=51084.msg1096095#msg1096095
« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2013, 09:15:53 pm »

anything
blarg: