*Author

Offline Kakerlake

• Reputation Power: 24
  • Kakerlake is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.Kakerlake is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.Kakerlake is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.Kakerlake is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.
  • Loyal supporter of Bunny
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeWar #7 Winner - Team AetherWeekly Tournament WinnerWinner of Dog Pit #2 - PvP EventBrawl #2 Winner - Team FireWinner of Warrior's Preparation - PvP EventSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWinner of the Harry Potter PvP House Cup3rd Trials - Master of EarthWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerCard Flavor Text #2 Competition WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Why did you choose your username? https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=18306.msg1133591#msg1133591
« Reply #108 on: April 19, 2014, 02:08:39 pm »
This name came up when I was playing cs 1.6 a couple of years ago. I was just ruling like the mast3r l33t haxx0r and owning the opponents team all by miself for a couple of turns (with a couple of stolen frags in between :( ). One opponent said: you are undestruptable, after I had a little luck to survive three opponents at once.

Thats when I remembered a lame joke: When the world ends, only two things stay the same: Cockroaches and the soft breads from mc donalds.
Just for the kicks of it I named myself Cockroach (or Kakerlake in german) because Soft Bread from MC Donalds didn't sound that pleasant. Somehow that name is stuck now since then ^^.

Before that I had the name Alfons. Solely due to the comic Gaston Lagaffe, where Gaston has a best friend called Alfons who is a genius. Well, I was reading that comic when I had to enter a username so I picked the first thing in my mind xD
The story behind my name hasn't changed and probably never will, as I intend to stick with it.
But when "Kakerlake" is already in use, I sometimes pick "Insektenplage" (german for 'plague of insects'), "Blatta" (genus of the cockroach) or "Amöbe" (german for 'ameba').

*woah, has it already been ~3.5 years? :O*
*woah, did I really write with so many mistakes back then? ... I must've been drunk xD *

Offline iancudorinmarian

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 67
  • iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.
  • Master of Ponies.Eternally salty about War#11 SEC.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWar #12 Winner - Team Darkness12th Trials - Master of EntropyWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner11th Trials - Master of EntropySlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeWinner of TrinityWinner of Team PvP #710th Trials - Master of EntropySlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner9th Trials - Master of EntropyWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 5th Birthday Cake
Re: Why did you choose your username? https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=18306.msg1133593#msg1133593
« Reply #109 on: April 19, 2014, 03:12:10 pm »
There is already a topic about this ("A thing about nicknames" iirc)

Opsinis made some time ago a thread called 'A thing about nicknames' in general discussion that was exactly this.

Ummm, read other people's replies Chapuz...

Offline eljoemo

• Reputation Power: 20
  • eljoemo is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.eljoemo is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.eljoemo is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.eljoemo is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.
  • Live forever or die trying
  • Awards: Thank You Notes Winner7 Deadly Haikus Competition WinnerSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeForum Brawl #4 WinnerWar #8 Winner - Team FireWeekly Tournament WinnerElements The Movie Poster WinnerSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeDesign a Brawl Flag Competition WinnerDesign a Competition WinnerChristmas Time! Card Competition Winner
Re: Why did you choose your username? https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=18306.msg1133663#msg1133663
« Reply #110 on: April 20, 2014, 04:44:26 am »
eljoemo is one of my 3 online nicknames, and the one with the most interesting story behind it. The other 2 (ninja of lemons - my ign and Xbox live name at some point - and Tactical Squid - minecraft and CW) are just chosen because they sound awesome. But eljoemo actually has a better reason behind it.

I first used eljoemo when I registered for my Kongregate account 5 years ago, making me 11 at the time. Around then, and still kinda today, I was a pretty big Simpsons fan (it is pretty hilarious). For those who don't know, the son Bart has the sort of graffiti/ street name El Barto. I thought it was pretty awesome and so applied it my name, turning Joe (or Joseph) into eljoemo (sometimes El Joemo if I feel like it). It's the name I've used the most, I've used all 3 randomly for social online accounts.
In Zanz we trust
War 8 :fire  War 9 :death

Offline dawn to dusk

• Master of Light
  • Reputation Power: 53
  • dawn to dusk brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.dawn to dusk brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.dawn to dusk brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.dawn to dusk brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.dawn to dusk brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.dawn to dusk brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.dawn to dusk brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.dawn to dusk brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.dawn to dusk brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.dawn to dusk brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.
  • Awards: 14th Trials - Master of LightSlice of Elements 11th Birthday Cake13th Trials - Master of LightWar #12 - Sportsmanship AwardSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeCard Design Competition - The Fool Winner12th Trials - Master of LightDeckbuilding Competition - Elelections WinnerSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Design July 2015 - Bronze9th Trials - Master of LifeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeWar #8 - Sportsmanship Award8th Trials - Master of LifeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday Cake
Re: Why did you choose your username? https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=18306.msg1133685#msg1133685
« Reply #111 on: April 20, 2014, 08:05:54 am »
dont you need to be 12 or 13 to make a kong account?  :-\

Offline asymmetry

• Reputation Power: 11
  • asymmetry is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.asymmetry is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • Immolating myself non-stop since 2012
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeBrawl #3 Winner - Divine LightSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeWinner of the Design a Forum Award competitionMake a Magazine 1st PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerMS Paint Card 1st Place
Re: Why did you choose your username? https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=18306.msg1133686#msg1133686
« Reply #112 on: April 20, 2014, 08:20:58 am »
asymmetry was my silly band (started and dissolved around 2009), then my kong account (2010) then ofc my elements username, and here we are.
Fun fact: asymmetry is now a prog metal album by Karnivool, some crazy australians:
Definitely worth a listen.
So, tell me my friend, what can you see? What comes into your mind as you breathe?
'cause I see colors flourishing like you'd never believe... like a pendulum swings, they swing with me!

Offline eljoemo

• Reputation Power: 20
  • eljoemo is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.eljoemo is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.eljoemo is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.eljoemo is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.
  • Live forever or die trying
  • Awards: Thank You Notes Winner7 Deadly Haikus Competition WinnerSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeForum Brawl #4 WinnerWar #8 Winner - Team FireWeekly Tournament WinnerElements The Movie Poster WinnerSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeDesign a Brawl Flag Competition WinnerDesign a Competition WinnerChristmas Time! Card Competition Winner
Re: Why did you choose your username? https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=18306.msg1133713#msg1133713
« Reply #113 on: April 20, 2014, 04:06:33 pm »
dont you need to be 12 or 13 to make a kong account?  :-\

Now, now, are you telling my you've never lied about your age to sign up for something? :P
In Zanz we trust
War 8 :fire  War 9 :death

Offline EmeraldTiger

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 61
  • EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!
  • :life :aether
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: Why did you choose your username? https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=18306.msg1133720#msg1133720
« Reply #114 on: April 20, 2014, 05:25:57 pm »
As I have said in a similar thread it is my birth stone and Chinese Zodiac.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2014, 11:55:19 pm by EmeraldTiger »
If Nowhere is Somewhere, and Somewhere is Over there, How can we be Anywhere?
:life :aether

Offline iDaire

• Reputation Power: 17
  • iDaire is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.iDaire is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.iDaire is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • Fire Emblem God
Re: Why did you choose your username? https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=18306.msg1133800#msg1133800
« Reply #115 on: April 21, 2014, 01:51:10 am »
I chose my username because someone on a legendary journey of my self needs names to remember the journey. I mined pretty stones and have slain exploding green creatures for crying out loud! So I reign death. It was death reign or sesameseedsoflife. You choose.

Sent from my ALCATEL ONE TOUCH 5020N using Tapatalk

anything
blarg: Chapuz