*Author

sillyking14

HERO CARDS by Scaredgirl https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=413.msg6619#msg6619
« Reply #108 on: December 15, 2009, 10:10:02 pm »

first of all, i'm glad y'all were able to get back on topic, for a while i was worried that most of the 9 pages would be that argument with harpoonedfish, and if that were the case i would have preferred that this post be deleted and a new one started (or just have the entire argument deleted) anyway, i do like the idea of god/hero/avatar cards.
*sorry mostly off topic

alot of people have been  brining up the problem of mutation and i may have a possible solution. i'm not sure how diffficult this would be to program but what if mutation created a card like mutant (insert hero name) and it basically created a nerfed version of that hero. for example less attack/life and make the effect less substantial in some way (higher cost, less damage 'for the ones that do damage', or even change the effect). i can't give specific suggestion because i actaully couldn't see all of the cards, probably browser trouble.

also, i don't think that heroes should be able to be killed by an instant kill spell card (like mutates effect, maybe cards like lightning or rain of fire can only lower the HP to a certain point) (or maybe they do les damage to heros). i just don't think its fair to save up, play a ero and have it get squashed the next turn by something that you couldn't have avoided, the idea behind heroes is that they are very good at what they do and would therefore be able to avoid being affected by spells, however maxwells demon i think would be fair since you would have one turn warning and would therefore be able to do something about it.

maybe also add a common hero effect, like a morale boost. maybe something like "every turn for three turn after hero is played all of your creatures are returned to full health" this would discourage people from saving up their quanums so that they could play their heroes as fast as possible. however if this were the case the effect would have to go away after either a reverse time or the three turns are up b/c other wise eternity+hero=awesomeness.

and then maybe if they die have something like the reverse effect "damage done to you is increased by 2 for three turns" ya know "mourning." anyway some sort of system like that. although that may require a semi-complete rewriting of most of the coding for this program.

Skillgannon

HERO CARDS by Scaredgirl https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=413.msg6620#msg6620
« Reply #109 on: December 15, 2009, 10:10:02 pm »

First off... are you forgetting a card like... anubis? Well if you did... it makes a creature immortal.  Why would your heroes be basically impossible to kill?  How practical is it to have to have a decent percent of your deck used to kill one card and then how likely is it likely that you'll beat the odds and have those cards when you need it?  Again... they shouldn't be game breakers.  If you want to protect them come up with ways to do it.  Knock out your opponents quantam production, kill of his creatures, put him in a permanent reverse time, immortal your hero, etc.  There's plenty of ways to deal with it.  All you have to do is THINK about it.

Kumlekar

HERO CARDS by Scaredgirl https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=413.msg6621#msg6621
« Reply #110 on: December 15, 2009, 10:10:02 pm »

Skill, multiple posts earlier in the thread questioned wether or not heros should be able to be made immotal.  Thats my entire issue with the orginal version of the immortal king.  The card is uncounterable. Telling us to think about it doesn't help either.  Its very obvious that multiple people on this thread have put a great deal of thought into the balance of these cards.  From my personal opinion, these cards are too powerful currently to be allowed to be made immortal.  Having an anubis in play with any one of these cards in your hand is an uncounterable combo with one of the most powerful cards.  All of these cards are powerful enough to justify basing a deck around.  I just don't want to see that play style being completely negated by hard counters in the form of fire decks, mutation, paradox or Otyugh's (though otyugh's take some work to get to that point, perhaps they should be a valid counter.)   My entire issue is that I want working counters to heros, but nothing that completely negates them ever having been played.  Perhaps that goal could be achieved if certian current effects were tweaked.

sillyking14

HERO CARDS by Scaredgirl https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=413.msg6622#msg6622
« Reply #111 on: December 15, 2009, 10:10:02 pm »

i have another idea, one that i think kinda takes cars of the whole "mortal, immortal' problem. what if all of the cards were immortal, but they all started with gravity pull. obviously then you would have to up there def, but that would be expected of heroes anyway. this way your opponents can't just mutate it away and you can't parallell universe them. i think it might help a lot with balance

Cisco

HERO CARDS by Scaredgirl https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=413.msg6623#msg6623
« Reply #112 on: December 15, 2009, 10:10:02 pm »

It take me one round to defeat a hero card if theyd have grav pull. bad idea all the way. ther pretty powerfull cards so even if they were implemented it take some time untill the balance issues are solved. They should be able to be PU and defeated by mutate etc. I see absolutley no problem with it. a cards is a card and the high cost makes mono and duo decks best for a hero cards. nother thing (havn´t read the whole thread) should be able to put in up to 6 hero cards in a deck if you like not  one, just like all other cards. High cost would make that a bad idea.....just don´t see a reason to limit them.

HERO CARDS by Scaredgirl https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=413.msg6624#msg6624
« Reply #113 on: December 15, 2009, 10:10:02 pm »

It take me one round to defeat a hero card if theyd have grav pull. bad idea all the way. ther pretty powerfull cards so even if they were implemented it take some time untill the balance issues are solved. They should be able to be PU and defeated by mutate etc. I see absolutley no problem with it. a cards is a card and the high cost makes mono and duo decks best for a hero cards. nother thing (havn´t read the whole thread) should be able to put in up to 6 hero cards in a deck if you like not  one, just like all other cards. High cost would make that a bad idea.....just don´t see a reason to limit them.
I agree completely. There are many vital creatures, such as Otyugh, FFQ, Mind Flayer, any Dragon, a super buffed creature, a flying weapon, etc, that can be beaten with a simple Mutate or Reverse Time. Why shouldn't the Heros/Avatars/Lords/Gods/Legends?

sillyking14

HERO CARDS by Scaredgirl https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=413.msg6924#msg6924
« Reply #114 on: December 15, 2009, 10:10:03 pm »

well it was just a thought but your points do make sense...'m mostly just throwing ideas out there for consideration. but the hero cards (i think) should do more than have a single slightly more powerful ability. they should have an effect by just being there thats the nature of heros, when there around people do better (generally).

Offline Terroking

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 29
  • Terroking is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Terroking is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Terroking is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Terroking is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Terroking is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.
  • The best practice is experience.
  • Awards: Silver DonorSlice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake5th Trials - Master of Earth2nd Trials - Master of Earth1st Trials - Master of EarthWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 1/2010 2nd Place9th Tournament 1st PlaceDesign A Quest 1st PlaceSS competition #1 2ndHalfblood Recruiter
HERO CARDS by Scaredgirl https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=413.msg6925#msg6925
« Reply #115 on: December 15, 2009, 10:10:03 pm »

like a  passive command ability, where all units of that type gain +1/+0 or +0/+1 or they each gain their own passive ability (momentum)
I ask nothing of humanity but fairness in all things, but I do not expect even that.

sillyking14

HERO CARDS by Scaredgirl https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=413.msg6926#msg6926
« Reply #116 on: December 15, 2009, 10:10:03 pm »

yeah kinda like that although i think that all creatures gaining momentum might be a little OP,  i was thinking like you gain 1 extra quantum per creature of that type that is in play, or simply gain 2 extra quantum per turn, something like that, maybe even have a different effect for each. so that they each have a passive effect as well as an activatable effect.

and i really don't think that heros should be able to be PU'd

Offline Terroking

• Legendary Member
  • Terroking is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Terroking is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Terroking is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Terroking is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Terroking is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.
  • Awards: Silver DonorSlice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake5th Trials - Master of Earth2nd Trials - Master of Earth1st Trials - Master of EarthWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 1/2010 2nd Place9th Tournament 1st PlaceDesign A Quest 1st PlaceSS competition #1 2ndHalfblood Recruiter
HERO CARDS by Scaredgirl https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=413.msg6927#msg6927
« Reply #117 on: December 15, 2009, 10:10:03 pm »

nup :P
I ask nothing of humanity but fairness in all things, but I do not expect even that.

midg3333

HERO CARDS by Scaredgirl https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=413.msg7186#msg7186
« Reply #118 on: December 15, 2009, 10:10:04 pm »

K guys, sorry if i missed some major points in the arguments (i doubt it, seeing as where it was headed) but i couldn't be bothered reading past the middle of page 4.

THIS SECTION OF THE FORUMS IS FOR CARD IDEAS. NOBODY GAINS CREDIT FOR CARDS IN ELEMENTS EXCEPT ZANZARINO AND THE GRAPHIC DESIGNERS LISTED IN THE MAIN PAGE OF THE GAME.

Now please, stop arguing about who originally came up with the ideas, instead actually contribute to the topic. If you think something is imbalanced about these cards, which, as scaredgirl has already stated, is the case, then rather than stating that they are imbalanced (which everyone knows by now) help to balance the cards by contributing your own ideas.

Now for my actual contributions to the thread:

I would advise making the cards fit into their element's weakness, rather than its strength. This way, it would be a more tactical card in a mono deck. For example, time is good at speeding itself up while slowing the opponent. Its weakness is in the strength of its creatures, so maybe give him an ability such as "Generate a 0/2 creature with the ability 'sacrifice this creature to give +X/+X (not sure what x would be) to target creature' ". Or for fire you could give him a defensive ability, or for gravity an ability that deals damage or something like that.

Offline Terroking

• Legendary Member
HERO CARDS by Scaredgirl https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=413.msg7187#msg7187
« Reply #119 on: December 15, 2009, 10:10:04 pm »

If you had read the last 2 pages the argument is over and we are now disscussing the cards and how to balance them. I don't blame you for not reading them though, 10 pages can take a while.

there was a post either one or two pages ago (i forget and don't feel like checking) with some really good balancing sugested, then we got into if they could be PU'd, paradoxed, and other things and whether or not they should have a passive command ability (like all creatures gain +1/+0, different for every hero)

anything
blarg: