*Author

Offline kevTopic starter

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 54
  • kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.
  • Ungrounded
  • Awards: Winner of Team PvP #5Master of Multipliers - Scorgasm WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeChampionship League 1/2010 3rd PlaceWeekly Tournament Winner2nd Trials - Master of FireFavorite Staff Member of 2011Weekly Tournament WinnerMVP of Draft #2Make a Quiz winnerTeam PvP #3 WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday CakeWeekly PvP Tournament WinnerWeekly PvP Tournament WinnerWar #1 Winner - Team Fire
4th Trials - Phase 1 - Proving of Worthiness https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=29093.msg371518#msg371518
« on: July 26, 2011, 02:06:42 am »
    Phase 1 - Proving Your Worthiness
    Phase 1 has ended

This phase is different in each Trial. It usually has something to do with helping out the community, but it can also be something where you show your skills as an Elements player.

Below are three different tasks each participant must complete.

TASK I
    Battle Prowess - The Arena

• Design a deck that is at least 50% in-element.  Any mark and any number of upgraded cards are allowed.  Please avoid "designing" small variations on tried and true decks.
    • Post screenshots of yourself having used your deck to fill the rings of THREE different arena leagues.
      • Take the screenshots when the filled rings are visible.  If you hit "Spin All" the game spins from your opponent and then moves directly to your special rare spin, and then it's too late for you to screenshot the rings.
      • Please ensure the screenshots include your score and the filled rings.
      • Separately, provide a screenshot of the PvP Duel screen that shows your ign and score.  This will be used to link the score on your Arena screenshots above to your ign.  Screenshots that show close but not exact scores will be fine.
    • Post your deck in its proper section and a link to it in the "Phase 1" Topic of your element.
    I hit Spin All before I screenshotted and now I have to start all over.  As punishment I will enter chat and say "I'M A DUNDERHEAD."
    (http://imageplay.net/img/m7Gbd215158/oh_noes.bmp)

Rings and score, everything kev asked for:
    (http://imageplay.net/img/m7Gbd215159/filled_rings.bmp)

And this shows 185,844 is my score.  Hooray, this is easy!
    (http://imageplay.net/img/m7Gbd215157/pvp_duel.bmp)

TASK II
    Card Design - Shards

• Enter the Shard Revolution (http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,28847.0.html) competition with a Shard of your element.
      • Note in your submission that it is for Trials purposes.
      • The rules of Shard Revolution state a limit of one entry per player.  Competition Organizers will make an exception for those in the Trials only.
      • For participants in the :life, :light, :time, and :death Trials, create a Shard of another element according to the competition rules.
    • Provide constructive criticism for six entries to the Shard Revolution competition.
      • You may not choose your own Shard.
      • Try to choose Shards of your element if possible.  It's not necessary to revisit the Shards you selected if another Shard of your element is posted, for example.
      • Posts need to have at least 150 words, and must have reasonable and constructive content for the author's benefit.  Content could include comparisons to existing cards, decks in which the Shard might appear, proposed revisions for clarity or to avoid abuse, or anything else constructive.
      • Post your comments on the "Phase 1" topic of your element, NOT in the Shard Revolution submission thread, as well as links to the entries.

TASK III
    Deckbuilding

• Provide constructive criticism to six Deck Help (http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/board,56.0.html) posts.
    • Eligible posts must be less than three months old and be about a deck that is at least 25% in-element.
    • Replies must be 150 words each PLUS a deck image that adds to your helping the player in need.

IMPORTANT NOTES
    • For each task above that is completed, players receive three points.  There is no partial credit if a player, for instance, successfully fills rings of two arena leagues or falls short of the 150-word requirement for one Deck Help reply.
    • 149 words is not 150 and I won't draw a "close enough" line.  I will be using http://www.wordcounttool.com/ to count words.  Be aware that other programs (like MS Word) arrive at different totals, so double check with http://www.wordcounttool.com/
    • I will try to review submissions as they're added, note where and why credit was not given, and update the Trials Standings (http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,28891.0.html) thread with completed tasks.  Players can expedite this by submitting well before the deadline and catching my attention.  But ultimately it's up to each player to make certain they've followed the directions.
    • The Rules thread says "Additionally the Trials Overseer will award 3 bonus points to the player from each element who has the best overall submissions."  Bonus points will be given after the Phase 1 deadline and will not be given to any player who failed to complete all three tasks.
    • Remember that how well you do during Phase 1 will most likely affect your score during Phase 3 (the vote).
    If you have any questions, please post them here.[/list]

Offline UTAlan

• Reputation Power: 58
    • UTAlan is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.UTAlan is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.UTAlan is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.UTAlan is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.UTAlan is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.UTAlan is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.UTAlan is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.UTAlan is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.UTAlan is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.UTAlan is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.UTAlan is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.
    • Immortally Aether
    • Awards: Slice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeReviver of the WikiWar #6 Winner - Team AetherSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeSecond Budosei of BudokanSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner
    Re: 4th Trials - Phase 1 - Proving of Worthiness https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=29093.msg371520#msg371520
    « Reply #1 on: July 26, 2011, 02:16:03 am »
    This is gonna be fun. :D

Offline TheCrazyMango

• Reputation Power: 21
    • TheCrazyMango is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.TheCrazyMango is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.TheCrazyMango is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.TheCrazyMango is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.
    • Some call me 9270984, some call me numbers.
    • Awards: Winner of the 1st MetamorphosisSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
    Re: 4th Trials - Phase 1 - Proving of Worthiness https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=29093.msg371523#msg371523
    « Reply #2 on: July 26, 2011, 02:23:25 am »
    This is gonna be fun. :D
    if by fun you mean really hard, then yes
    [17:26:47] Iman00b8: Firestalls are like Jews... most people make fun of them and say this dislike 'em, but in the end they use them to make them money.

Offline tyranim

• Legendary Member
    • Reputation Power: 34
    • tyranim is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.tyranim is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.tyranim is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.tyranim is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.tyranim is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.tyranim is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.
    • formerly unit
    Re: 4th Trials - Phase 1 - Proving of Worthiness https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=29093.msg371535#msg371535
    « Reply #3 on: July 26, 2011, 02:48:52 am »
    *looks at task 1* O.o .... F***!
    *looks at task 2* eh, seems easy enough
    *looks at task 3* ... *cracks knuckles* lets get to it >:D (wtf, why is evil smily face evil frowny face?)
    my milkshake brings all the boys to the yard and they're like "its better than yours" damn right, its better than yours! i can teach you but i'd have to charge!

Offline Hyroen

• Legendary Member
    • Reputation Power: 52
    • Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.
    • like. follow. tweet.
    • Awards: Slice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeWar #10 Winner - Team AirSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSilver DonorSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSkill of the Elemental : Mark of ProtectionWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
    Re: 4th Trials - Phase 1 - Proving of Worthiness https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=29093.msg371564#msg371564
    « Reply #4 on: July 26, 2011, 03:31:39 am »
    I want to see stunning work from the Trials of :air Air. I will be keeping a close eye on things.

Good luck to all participants.
    WAR X - TEAM :air AIR

[EtG Council]   |   [Card Ideas & Art]   |   [Guilds]

Offline XYTWO

• Reputation Power: 7
    • XYTWO is a Spark waiting for a buff.
    • New to Elements
    • Awards: Existing Card Rework #2 Winner
    Re: 4th Trials - Phase 1 - Proving of Worthiness https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=29093.msg371572#msg371572
    « Reply #5 on: July 26, 2011, 03:51:14 am »
    Do we HAVE to enter chat and say that?  :P

Offline kevTopic starter

• Legendary Member
    • Reputation Power: 54
    • kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.
    • Ungrounded
    • Awards: Winner of Team PvP #5Master of Multipliers - Scorgasm WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeChampionship League 1/2010 3rd PlaceWeekly Tournament Winner2nd Trials - Master of FireFavorite Staff Member of 2011Weekly Tournament WinnerMVP of Draft #2Make a Quiz winnerTeam PvP #3 WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday CakeWeekly PvP Tournament WinnerWeekly PvP Tournament WinnerWar #1 Winner - Team Fire
    Re: 4th Trials - Phase 1 - Proving of Worthiness https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=29093.msg371582#msg371582
    « Reply #6 on: July 26, 2011, 04:13:08 am »
    Do we HAVE to enter chat and say that?  :P
    lmao.  no, but i'll get a kick out of it if you do.  :P

A heap of questions were asked in chat.  Here's a select few:

Quote from: Chat transcript
    [21:16:43] thenewguy: ‹@kevkev60614› For the arena portion, do we have to use the same deck throughout the entire arena, or may we switch decks.
    [21:19:00] DrunkDestroyer: So this time we have to do all 3?
    [21:19:09] kevkev60614: ‹@thenewguy› same deck
    [21:20:01] Zblader: @kev - Are we allowed to use the trainer for our Arena decks?
    [21:20:05] kevkev60614: ‹@DrunkDestroyer› yes
    [21:20:21] kevkev60614: ‹@Zblader› there's no Arena in trainer, i believe. if there is... no.
    [21:23:45] 9270984: kev, so we have to use the same deck for each league?
    [21:24:05] kevkev60614: ‹@9270984› yes
    [21:25:56] Onizuka: Someone probably already asked this, but what if you're already in the Shard revolution contest?
    [21:27:37] kevkev60614: ‹@Onizuka› yes.
    [21:35:10] 9270984: kevkev, is it ok if i use mitosichargers as my arena deck? or is that already tried and true
    [21:39:09] kevkev60614: ‹@9270984› i'd prefer you to use a deck of your design. these decks will be posted in Deck Ideas, and other players will look at your work when deckbuilding for themselves.
    [21:39:55] kevkev60614: ‹@9270984› i recognize that not everyone will be able to do something completely 100% original, though. and i'm not going to constrain the percentage of your deck that has to be new.
    [21:40:05] kevkev60614: so do what you think is right.
    [21:41:00] 9270984: kevkev, i actually posted mitosichargers a while ago during booster draft
    [21:41:42] majofa [»] kevkev60614: for deck help, can it be 150 words over multiple posts in the same thread?
    [21:45:36] majofa: ‹@kevkev60614› for deck help, can it be 150 words over multiple posts in the same thread?
    [21:47:36] kevkev60614: ‹@majofa› i can't imagine a scenario where you'd need multiple posts. elaborate?
    [21:49:56] majofa: ‹@kevkev60614› elementscommunity.com/forum/index.php/topic,28280.0.html < read this thread, and you'll see what i mean
    [21:53:46] kevkev60614: ‹@majofa› posting more than once in that scenario relies on others posting between your comments. if you feel comfortable with that, sure, i'll allow it. just make sure you link all your posts.
    [21:58:37] Mithcairion: I'm quite sure fractaling Golems has been done before, yes?
    [21:59:02] kevkev60614: alright threads are up for y'all to post in. i have more time for questions if anyone has any.
    [21:59:14] Higurashi: Not really relevant. You should just shy away from tried and true decks.
    [21:59:31] kevkev60614: Mith: nearly everything has been done before. blerg. ninja'd by Higs.
    [22:02:24] bucky1andonly: again almost 2 months old, i really dont like necroposting
    [22:02:55] kevkev60614: Deck Helpers love necros.
    [22:02:55] bucky1andonly: the guy that started the thread only has 3 posts, so he is unlikely to ever read my suggestions
    [22:03:35] kevkev60614: bucky these are all problems i've thought of. do you have solutions?
    [22:03:40] thenewguy: Kevkev, can I post my arena deck before part 1 is completed already?
    [22:04:32] kevkev60614: ‹@thenewguy› sure. whenever you wanna post whatever, feel free.
    [22:06:29] YoungSot: ‹@bucky1andonly› Even if it doesn't help the poster, it might help someone, and it still shows your potential ability to help with decks.
    [22:12:58] bucky1andonly: good thing im not required to do the deck help, from what ive seen, going back to May, the decks with 25% light or more would actually do better without so much light, and the suggestions for those decks do actually remove light
     [22:17:43] bucky1andonly: It's divided into 3 parts, each scoring 3 points if you complete them.
    [22:17:49] bucky1andonly: IF you complete them
    [22:18:00] bucky1andonly: no where does it say I have to complete them all
    [22:18:13] kevkev60614: true, buck
    [22:55:16] Bhlewos: also, if I've already submitted a shard into the competition, is that part 2 of phase 1 taken care of?
    [22:56:10] kevkev60614: ‹@Bhlewos› submit a second. good question.

Offline pikachufan2164

• Legendary Member
    • Reputation Power: 40
    • pikachufan2164 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.pikachufan2164 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.pikachufan2164 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.pikachufan2164 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.pikachufan2164 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.pikachufan2164 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.pikachufan2164 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.pikachufan2164 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.
    • Phase in, phase out.
    • Awards: Rouser of Willng3 RecruitsWeekly Tournament WinnerWar #5 Winner - Team AetherSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeTeam PvP #4 WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake 	2nd Trivia Winner
    Re: 4th Trials - Phase 1 - Proving of Worthiness https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=29093.msg371602#msg371602
    « Reply #7 on: July 26, 2011, 05:43:34 am »
    For the Deck Help portion, will reviewing two decks on the same thread count as two entries, or just one?

Example: http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,26926.0.html

I reviewed two of the fourteen decks in the thread, each with a 200+ word deck fix.
    I'm doing science, and I'm still alive.

Level 2 Magic Judge.

Offline mrpaper

• Legendary Member
    • Reputation Power: 24
    • mrpaper is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.mrpaper is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.mrpaper is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.mrpaper is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.
    • Awards: Slice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerHeir of the False GodsSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWar #8 Winner - Team FireSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeWar #7 Winner - Team AetherThe 2nd Avatar - Winner of the PvP EventWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake6th Trials - Master of EarthSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeWinner of the Harry Potter PvP House CupChampionship League 1/2012 3rd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBeginners League 3/2011 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBeginners League 1/2011 3rd PlaceBeginners League 3/2010 3rd Place
    Re: 4th Trials - Phase 1 - Proving of Worthiness https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=29093.msg371614#msg371614
    « Reply #8 on: July 26, 2011, 06:41:08 am »
    This looks great, I'm grinding the arena these days anyway + I wanted to build a shard and I got some cool ideas for it!

Offline SnoWeb

• Reputation Power: 23
    • SnoWeb is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.SnoWeb is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.SnoWeb is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.SnoWeb is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.
    • Awards: War #2 Winner - Team Entropy
    Re: 4th Trials - Phase 1 - Proving of Worthiness https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=29093.msg371625#msg371625
    « Reply #9 on: July 26, 2011, 07:33:44 am »
    TASK II
    Card Design - Shards

• Enter the Shard Revolution (http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,28847.0.html) competition with a Shard of your element.
      • Note in your submission that it is for Trials purposes.
      • The rules of Shard Revolution state a limit of one entry per player.  Competition Organizers will make an exception for those in the Trials only.
      • For participants in the :life, :light, :time, and :death Trials, create a Shard of another element according to the competition rules.
    If you have any questions, please post them here.[/list]
    I already posted a shard for the competition.
    So I have to do one more?
    As I am in the time trial. I can choose another element right?

Offline PlayerOa

• Master of Time
    • Reputation Power: 41
    • PlayerOa soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.PlayerOa soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.PlayerOa soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.PlayerOa soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.PlayerOa soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.PlayerOa soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.PlayerOa soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.PlayerOa soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.
    • Time will show
    • Awards: Slice of Elements 13th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 12th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner (2020.12.20.)14th Trials - Master of Time2nd Elements Reunion Day Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeElements League 3/2019 1st Place13th Trials - Master of TimeWinner of Elements Infinity War #1Silver DonorWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerElements League 2/2019 1st PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerElements League 1/2019 3rd PlaceSlice of Elements 10th Birthday Cake1st Elements Reunion Day Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner7th Trials - Master of TimeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeWar #4 Winner - Team DeathWeekly Tournament WinnerMS Paint Card Art #4 WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
    Re: 4th Trials - Phase 1 - Proving of Worthiness https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=29093.msg371630#msg371630
    « Reply #10 on: July 26, 2011, 07:58:55 am »
    Can I critice a deck another player in same trial has rewiewed?
    War #3 - Life || War #4 - Death || War #5, #6, #7, #9, #13, #14 - Time || War #8, #12 - Air

Offline TheonlyrealBeef

• Master of Darkness
    • Reputation Power: 61
    • TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!
    • Do not underestimate the power of the dark side!
    • Awards: War #14 Winner - Team Aether14th Trials - Master of Darkness2019 - PvP World ChampionSlice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeWar #13 Winner - Team Darkness13th Trials - Master of DarknessWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner4th Grandmaster Battle Winner - DarknessGold DonorSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWar #12 Winner - Team DarknessWeekly Tournament Winner12th Trials - Master of DarknessWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 9th Birthday Cake2017 - PvP World ChampionWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 3/2016 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeTeam PvP #4 Winner5th Trials - Master of Darkness4th Trials - Master of Darkness3rd Trials - Master of DarknessWeekly Tournament WinnerMS Paint Card Art #2 Winner
    Re: 4th Trials - Phase 1 - Proving of Worthiness https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=29093.msg371654#msg371654
    « Reply #11 on: July 26, 2011, 09:39:12 am »
    You can no longer choose 2 for the full points but have to do all three which are each of phenomenal effort? Damn, looks like I'll have to actually do something :p

Edit: a screenshot filling the rings in no way proves they were filled with the deck posted :(

blarg: