*Author

Offline kevTopic starter

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 54
  • kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.
  • Ungrounded
  • Awards: Winner of Team PvP #5Master of Multipliers - Scorgasm WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeChampionship League 1/2010 3rd PlaceWeekly Tournament Winner2nd Trials - Master of FireFavorite Staff Member of 2011Weekly Tournament WinnerMVP of Draft #2Make a Quiz winnerTeam PvP #3 WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday CakeWeekly PvP Tournament WinnerWeekly PvP Tournament WinnerWar #1 Winner - Team Fire
Standings https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=28891.msg369151#msg369151
« on: July 21, 2011, 06:24:48 am »

Scaredgirl

Re: Standings https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=28891.msg369177#msg369177
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2011, 08:48:40 am »
I completely rebuilt the standings spreadsheet to match the new ruleset and scoring. I improved updating process by adding drop-down menus for scoring. Also, standings are now auto-sorted and challengers are listed based on their score so that the challenger under the Master is the top challenger.

I also made a new Final Battle sheet that will be posted when the time comes.

Offline Jen-i

• Reputation Power: 0
  • Jen-i hides under a Cloak.
  • Death to the Ninja!
  • Awards: Weekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeElements League 2/2018 2nd PlaceSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 2/2014 3rd Place8th Trials - Master of LightWinner of SacrificeWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 1/2014 1st PlaceSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeWar #7 Winner - Team AetherWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeBest Sportsman - War #6Weekly Tournament WinnerWinner of Team PvP #514 Club - Most Expensive Players during War AuctionWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBrawl #1 Winner - Team Nyan SharksBeginners League 1/2012 3rd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 2/2011 3rd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 1/2011 3rd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Standings https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=28891.msg369262#msg369262
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2011, 02:45:13 pm »
That looks gorgeous SG - well done!
Lux Kyrie

Offline Jappert

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 27
  • Jappert is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Jappert is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Jappert is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Jappert is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Jappert is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.
  • New to Elements
  • Awards: War #4 - Sportsmanship AwardVery Short Story: Who are the Elders? WinnerThe Binder of Elements (Forum Profile Deck Winner)
Re: Standings https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=28891.msg369283#msg369283
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2011, 03:10:14 pm »
Looks great indeed! Well done.
I'd love to join myself but I'm not fond of the entire popularity contest wich is part of the trials. I don't think I'd make a great Master anyway.

I'lll be following these trials with great interest nonetheless! Good luck to all participants and all masters.

Offline jmdt

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 33
  • jmdt is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.jmdt is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.jmdt is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.jmdt is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.jmdt is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.jmdt is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.
  • New to Elements
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday Cake
Re: Standings https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=28891.msg369287#msg369287
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2011, 03:14:51 pm »
Looks great indeed! Well done.
I'd love to join myself but I'm not fond of the entire popularity contest wich is part of the trials. I don't think I'd make a great Master anyway.

I'lll be following these trials with great interest nonetheless! Good luck to all participants and all masters.
sure you would

Offline RavingRabbid

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 85
  • RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Lord Seagull
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeDeckbuilding Competition: The Face of Mother NatureSlice of Elements 6th Birthday Cake7th Trials - Master of WaterWinner of Warrior's Preparation - PvP Event14 Club - Most Expensive Players during War AuctionWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeTeam PVP #1 Winner5th Trials - Master of Water3rd Trials - Master of WaterChampionship League 3/2011 WinnerWinner of 2nd Off-Topic Quiz LeagueWinner of 2nd Element Quiz LeagueWinner of 1st Off-Topic Quiz LeagueWinner of 1st Element Quiz LeagueChampionship League 2/2011 WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake3-Man Team PvP #1 Winner
Re: Standings https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=28891.msg369288#msg369288
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2011, 03:15:41 pm »
Noooooo 3:
There are things worse than eating tuna directly from the tin

Scaredgirl

Re: Standings https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=28891.msg369833#msg369833
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2011, 02:35:47 pm »
I'd love to join myself but I'm not fond of the entire popularity contest wich is part of the trials.
I don't understand why so many people call it a "popularity contest" like it's somehow a bad thing. There's nothing wrong with letting the community give extra points to people who they think would make the best Master.

It's important to remember that Trials are not just another PvP event. Idea is to find a person who is the "face" of a certain element. We've had Masters who took the whole thing as nothing more than a PvP event without really caring about the element they picked. Then we've had Masters who might not be that active in PvP but really promote their Element and represent it every chance they got. My vote goes to the latter every single time.

I would also like to add that the "popularity contest" is a very small part of the Trials because it's only 10 points divided between all 5 players. Phase 1 alone gives everyone 9 points or 12 if you get the bonus.

Offline bucky1andonly

• Reputation Power: 9
  • bucky1andonly is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • New to Elements
Re: Standings https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=28891.msg373334#msg373334
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2011, 09:35:16 pm »
Player A completes 1 task in phase 1 for only 3 points and 1 point bonus. 
Player B completes all the tasks and gains 9 points only without a bonus.
C & D dont do any tasks.

Player A gets last in phase 2 and Player B takes third for 1 point.  C & D get 1st and 2nd respectively.

People favour Player A over Player B, and Player A gets 70% of the votes and Player B only gets 5%.   C & D get 12 and 13% respectively for 1 point each.

Total
Player A = 11
Player B = 10
Player C = 7
Player D = 4

Even though Player B did better in the first two phases, he still loses out to Player A because of the votes.  Player A goes on to beat the master and all is well,
or is it.......

Offline UTAlan

• Reputation Power: 58
  • UTAlan is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.UTAlan is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.UTAlan is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.UTAlan is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.UTAlan is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.UTAlan is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.UTAlan is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.UTAlan is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.UTAlan is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.UTAlan is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.UTAlan is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.
  • Immortally Aether
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeReviver of the WikiWar #6 Winner - Team AetherSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeSecond Budosei of BudokanSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Standings https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=28891.msg373340#msg373340
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2011, 09:46:01 pm »
You can also come up with scenarios in which the player receiving the most votes doesn't win. That doesn't mean Phase 1 & 2 are unfair. All 3 phases contribute to determine the winner, and all 3 give the challengers the opportunity to prove why they should be master.

Offline kevTopic starter

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 54
  • kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.
  • Ungrounded
  • Awards: Winner of Team PvP #5Master of Multipliers - Scorgasm WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeChampionship League 1/2010 3rd PlaceWeekly Tournament Winner2nd Trials - Master of FireFavorite Staff Member of 2011Weekly Tournament WinnerMVP of Draft #2Make a Quiz winnerTeam PvP #3 WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday CakeWeekly PvP Tournament WinnerWeekly PvP Tournament WinnerWar #1 Winner - Team Fire
Re: Standings https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=28891.msg373358#msg373358
« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2011, 10:29:32 pm »
I'm ignoring some of the above because the points are set, and no matter how they're set there will be some concern over how they're set.  But there seems to be some confusion over the 3 bonus points I'm awarding.

Additionally the Trials Overseer will award 3 bonus points to the player from each element who has the best overall submissions.
Just to be clear:
  • If nobody from :aether completes all three tasks, nobody from :aether gets bonus points.  3 bonus may still be awarded to each of the other 11 elements.
  • If one player from :aether completes all three tasks, he is awarded the 3 bonus points.  No matter how insanely idiotic his submission is.
  • If 2-5 players from :aether complete all tasks, I will award 3 bonus points to the one :aether player that has the best overall submissions.
Then I'll move on to :air and so on.

Offline TStar

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 29
  • TStar is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.TStar is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.TStar is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.TStar is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.TStar is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.
  • Highly Overrated
  • Awards: Beginners League 3/2011 WinnerKing of Underworld - War #4Weekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBeginners League 2/2011 WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBeginners League 1/2011 WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Standings https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=28891.msg373822#msg373822
« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2011, 11:11:52 pm »
Any special reason I got 4 points for Task 2?
Carpe Diem!!

Offline Jen-i

• Reputation Power: 0
  • Jen-i hides under a Cloak.
  • Death to the Ninja!
  • Awards: Weekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeElements League 2/2018 2nd PlaceSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 2/2014 3rd Place8th Trials - Master of LightWinner of SacrificeWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 1/2014 1st PlaceSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeWar #7 Winner - Team AetherWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeBest Sportsman - War #6Weekly Tournament WinnerWinner of Team PvP #514 Club - Most Expensive Players during War AuctionWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBrawl #1 Winner - Team Nyan SharksBeginners League 1/2012 3rd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 2/2011 3rd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 1/2011 3rd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Standings https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=28891.msg373835#msg373835
« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2011, 12:32:44 am »
Its a handicap I suppose
Lux Kyrie

anything
blarg: