*Author

Scaredgirl

How to beat ALL the False Gods using the ULTIMATE False God killing deck https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=182.msg1755#msg1755
« on: December 15, 2009, 10:09:33 pm »
How to beat ALL the False Gods
using the ULTIMATE False God killing deck

Hello everybody! I will now explain in detail how to beat all the False Gods using the ULTIMATE False God killing deck discussed here: http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=132.0 (http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=132.0)

Hover over cards for details, click for permalink
Deck import code : [Select]
5fa 5rp 5rp 5rp 5rp 5rp 5rp 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6u3 6u3 6u3 6u3 6u3 6u3 6u6 717 71b 71b 74b 74b 77d 77g 7am 7am 7do 7do 7gv 7k2 7n3 7n5 7q5 7q5 7q5 7t9 7t9 7t9 80d 80d 80d 8ps

There are many variations to this build. Right now I'm using the one above. I took Heavy Armor to protect my characters and to buff up my Elite Otyugh. I think it's a good choice especially since there were no earth cards before. If you do not have Miracle, I suggest you take Purify instead. Otherwise you have a very slim chance of beating Scorpio and Purify also helps against Morte.

What Is This Deck All About?
This deck has a lot of defence and crowd control cards. It's a slow starter and you will usually get your ass kicked during the first 8 rounds or so. However if you survive past mid-point, you will most likely win. Endgame losses usually only come against Rainbow (tough guy all the way) or Miracle (keeps spamming Improved Miracle and you ran out of cards).

Defense
There are 3 important defensive cards in this deck: Sundial, Phase Shield and Bone Wall. It's a good strategy to keep one of these on at all times, unless False God has very little or no damage on the table.

Sundial is the best because it creates stasis where characters on the table won't attack for 2 turns. It's generally a good idea to chain Sundials if you have more than one. For example if I have 3 Sundials, I will play 1 Sundial every other turn and take no damage for 6 turns (and keep getting tons of extra cards). Keep in mind that Sundial won't protect you from the weapon of the False God.

Phase Shield is another good protection card that makes you invincible for 3 turns. Only problem with it is that some Gods like Rainbow can and will remove it.

Bone Wall is excellent when there are only a couple of hard hitting enemy characters on the table. It's also good when used with Rain of Fire. First Bone Wall, then Rain of Fire, and you will get much more bones to protect you. Best part about Bone Wall is that Gods cannot destroy it, They can only destroy the top layer.

Important! Always remember to check if you have some defensive card in play before you end your turn!

Offense
Like I said this deck is a slow starter. You won't be doing much damage before endgame because this deck was designed to shut down False God rather then having tons of damage dealers. But that's ok, you will start doing damage sooner or later.

Most damage usually comes with the combination of Graveyard, Otyughs and Firefly Queens. Lava Golem will also do some nice damage if played early and if it stays alive (False Gods like to kill this character first, Heavy Armor helps here ). You can also play this deck with Fallen Elf who upgrades your Skeletons, giving them all kinds of nice abilities and more damage but he uses green quantum which is already in heavy use by Firefly Queens and Feral Bonds.

General Strategy Tips

- To prevent from decking out, STOP DRAWING MULTIPLE CARDS WHEN YOU HAVE AROUND 15-20 CARDS LEFT IN YOUR DECK (unless you really really have to)
- Make sure you have white quantum when playing Sundial (or if you are feeling lucky, take a chance of getting it)
- You can eat your OWN characters like Skeletons to make Otyugh bigger and THEN with higher HP you eat the enemy
- If you don't have full health when about to kill a False God, use Sundial and heal up for 2 turns. Then finish him with full health to get an elemental mastery.
- Stop using Sundials after mid-point of the fight (unless you really have to)
- Use Fallen Druids to update your Skeletons or Fireflies. You can also use it to change a nasty enemy character into something less nasty. Remember, non-rainbow opponents might not be able to use their mutants ability, but you can.

Fighting False Gods

Some of the Gods are much easier than others but all of them can potentially be defeated with this deck. I started with no upgraded cards and a couple of days later I had a fully upgraded deck. It can be difficult at first but once you understand how to defeat a specific God and get a couple of key cards upgraded, winning becomes much easier.

One of the most important things is knowing what to steal from Gods. As a general rule you should not steal any Pillars. Most Gods have either a weapon or shield that you HAVE TO steal in order to win. Some permanents you should only steal during endgame while others during early game, right after False God plays them.

Now lets see how you should fight each of the 11 False Gods. Gods are listed roughly from very easy to difficult.

Incarnate    (Very Easy)
Incarnate is hands down the easiest False God. I have only lost to him once and that was a combination of really bad luck and my own failure (forgot to put Phase Shield on).

Be patient with him. Wait for Rain of Fire to show up. Use it and rush all your characters on the table. You can also rush in without Rain of Fire. Easy victory.

STEAL (early): 3 x Boneyard

Fire Queen    (Easy)
Fire Queen likes to spam Firefly Queens and fill the table with Fireflies. If you get Mind Flayer in early, just lobotomize all the Queens and you cannot lose. Other way is the wait for Otyughs and Rain of Fire.

STEAL (early): 3 x Eagle's Eye (steal as soon as he plays them. Otherwise he will make them characters and you will have more problems) (do NOT steal Feral Bonds because she has tons of them)

Miracle    (Easy)
Easy but very annoying False God because he spams Improved Miracle and it takes a long time to kill him, especially if you don't get Lava Golem early.

Miracle has hard hitting Light Dragons that he blesses to make even stronger. Good strategy is to soften them up with Rain of Fire or Eagle's Eye, then finish them of with Maxwell's Demon. You can also eat your own Skeletons with Otyugh until he has 13 HP. Then you can feast on the dragons.

He has no crowd control or cards that destroy permanents. Just keep your shields up at all times and you will be fine. Bone Wall is especially good against him.

Important!!! Do NOT draw multiple cards after you have about 20-25 cards left, depending on how much damage you have on the table. Otherwise there is a high chance of running out of cards. This guy can use Miracle 3-4 times.

STEAL (early): 1 x Emerald Pillar (to get green quantum), 1 x Wind Pillar (to get blue quantum)
STEAL (endgame):1 x Shield (if he has the one you CAN steal) OR 1 x Jade Staff (makes him die faster)

Chaos Lord    (Easy)
Pretty easy. Wait until you have tons of damage on the table. Then steal his Dissipation shield (makes you invincible) and kill him. You can even kill him without stealing the shield if you have enough damage and cards left in the deck. Just keep pounding him until he runs out of quantum.

STEAL (early): 1 x Quantum Tower (only if you need quantum)
STEAL (endgame): 2-3 x Dissipation Shield

Gemini    (Moderate)
Gemini has a nasty habit of first using momentum and then duplicating that character. If you get Lava Golem in early, it can actually be a bad thing because once it's stronger, Gemini can multiply him, use momentum, and destroy you. This happened to me while typing this.

Do not put characters on the table unless you have a Steal ready. He might play Lobotimizer the next turn and make those characters useless.

STEAL (early): 2 x Lobotomizer
STEAL (endgame): 1 x Phase Shield

Morte    (Moderate)
Has poison that can kill you pretty fast unless you get Miracle or Purify. Fortunately there's not as much poison as with Scorpio. Morte's characters are really very weak against Otyugh and Rain of Fire, so you can dominate the table pretty easily.

Morte might use Improved Miracle (cost 12 light, back to full health) if he is dying. To prevent this, kill those Photons he puts on the table as soon as possible because they give him light quantum. No Photons, no Improved Miracle.

STEAL (early): 1-2 x Boneyard, 1-2 x Arsenic (limits the amount of poison)

Hermes    (Moderate)
Hermes starts out very aggressively. If you get a bad hand you are pretty much done, and there is nothing you can do about it. But if you can survive the first couple of rounds, Hermes is pretty easy.

Once you get an Otyugh on the table (and Hermes doesn't kill it with Fire Lance), victory is pretty much guaranteed. Otyugh eats everything Hermes can throws at him and if there are no enemies to eat, eat your own Skeletons or Fireflies to make sure Otyugh stays alive.

STEAL (early): 2 x Shield (slowly kills you characters if you don't), 1 x Fahrenheit (limits his damage)

Seism    (Difficult)

Uses Earthquake to destroy your pillars which can drain your quantum. Having Supernova helps against this guy.

STEAL (early): 1 x Diamond Shield (if you don't have better defense), 1-2 x Pulverizer (destroy his Shield or Towers)
STEAL (endgame): 1 x Diamond Shield (to make him die faster)

Rainbow    (Difficult)

Can be quite difficult. Only False God that is dangerous from start to end (others lose power towards endgame).

You might find yourself in a situation where you just don't have enough damage to kill him (he has Miracle). No problem, just go 100% defense and let him use up all his cards. He usually has multiple Hourglasses on the table and he keeps drawing cards like crazy.

STEAL (early): 1 x Electrum Hourglass, 2 x Eagle's Eye (when your characters are potential targets)

Scorpio    (Difficult)

When fighting Scorpio you need to draw cards as fast as you can until you find that Improved Miracle or Purify. Also try to keep shield up early on so that Puffer Fishes don't poison you.

What REALLY sucks against Scorpio is that when you finally get some characters on the table, he always uses Congeal to freeze them.

STEAL (early): 1 x Trident (if you can get it really early, destroy all his Pillars) OR 1-2 x Poison weapon (limits the amount of poison), 1-2 x his shield (your characters won't freeze)

Graviton    (Difficult)

Graviton is in my opinion the most difficult False God. Your best chance of beating him is to steal his shield which makes most of his guys miss you. Unfortunately he also has momentum so you need to take out those guys fast.

Remember, when you use Sundial, even the momentum guys won't attack you the next turn. Try to chain them if possible.

Also you may find yourself in a situation where Graviton has one or more Otyughs waiting for you, ready to eat your weaker characters as soon as they hit the table. This is a bad situation. Only option is to wait for a card that can weaken his Otyughs, like Rain of Fire or Eagle's Eye. You can also send in your own Otyugh and Firefly Queen (Gravitons Otyughs cannot eat them). Then on your turn first produce a Firefly and then eat it with your Otyugh, who now has 6 HP and on the next turn can start eating Graviton's Otyughs.

STEAL (early): 2 x Gravity Shield (limits his damage a lot!) 1 x His weapon

This was my tutorial on how to beat beat all the False Gods using the ULTIMATE False God killing deck. Thanks for reading.

If you have any questions, please ask. Also any suggestions are very welcome. I'm especially interested in new ideas on how to beat the difficult False Gods more easily.

Good luck and have fun!
« Last Edit: June 14, 2012, 04:58:11 am by willng3 »

brain9h

How to beat ALL the False Gods using the ULTIMATE False God killing deck https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=182.msg1756#msg1756
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2009, 10:09:33 pm »

I just beat gemini twice in a row, with mastery... He always(often?) starts with phase recluses, which have 2 HP and can be eaten by an early otyugh. Steal the lobotomizer and use it against their momentum creatures. Fallen druids work wonders here because they converter their massive 35 HP dragons into something that can be eaten :D

Wuff

How to beat ALL the False Gods using the ULTIMATE False God killing deck https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=182.msg1757#msg1757
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2009, 10:09:33 pm »

Stealing Seisms Towers works wonders for me. They are pretty useless, but he will waste his Earthquakes on them.

Scaredgirl

How to beat ALL the False Gods using the ULTIMATE False God killing deck https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=182.msg1758#msg1758
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2009, 10:09:33 pm »

Stealing Seisms Towers works wonders for me. They are pretty useless, but he will waste his Earthquakes on them.
That's a great idea. I'm definitely going to try that.

BiJay

How to beat ALL the False Gods using the ULTIMATE False God killing deck https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=182.msg1759#msg1759
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2009, 10:09:33 pm »

I had a bad losing streak of 10 games this morning. Very sad but this deck is very luck dependant and I had often only a few pillars in the start or just no shields in 10 or more cards. And the gods sometimes like to just bring 5 big monsters on the table in the first three turns. And Otyugh likes to eat this deck. Yeah, it may be so because most of my cards are not upgraded but I still tend to say most of the matches against the false gods are luck dependant.

The deck is still good because it has many answers to all the gods but it doesn't help if you don't draw the cards you need or don't get the quantums to play them. Your strategy is nearly the same as mine except I don't use Fallen Druid (can't afford the green quantums with unupgraded pillars and novas). Instead Maxwell's Demon helps me alot with big monsters in combination with Eagle's Eye (got it as a spin).

The only weakness beside the luck factor are Otyughs and Poison. Otyughs are insane if the god drops them early and pumps them. And poison is a real clock you can't stop with shields but only delay it with Miracle. Purify is just a dead card in 9 of 11 matchups and in the other 2 you won't draw them if you're as unlucky as me.

I didn't had so much problems with momentum as I could often use sundial in this matchup (I often hold them back for the late game here) until I can have fastbond with massive creatures or the lobotomize man online. And you can just steal the lobotomizer of him. ;)

Korvboll

How to beat ALL the False Gods using the ULTIMATE False God killing deck https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=182.msg1760#msg1760
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2009, 10:09:33 pm »

I feel like everything in this game is based upon luck, seeing as I got not a single pillar on hand, and for the next 4 or so cards, and that was against Fire Queen, who I beat the crap out of 3/3 fights before. I also fought against Morte 4 times in a row and lost all fights. For some reason he succeeded on getting Bone Shield and Graveyard in the beginning of all fights, and I had no chance of getting his shield down after that. But this is way more fun than my last build and I am still a newbie in this game.

Looking at Upgrades, what cards are the ones you should start upgrading first?

Mathaos

How to beat ALL the False Gods using the ULTIMATE False God killing deck https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=182.msg1761#msg1761
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2009, 10:09:33 pm »

Perhaps it is also worth considering to add an enchant artifact. It would likely help greatly against Seism, and could prove useful against some of the others.

brain9h

How to beat ALL the False Gods using the ULTIMATE False God killing deck https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=182.msg1762#msg1762
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2009, 10:09:33 pm »

@BiJay

Get the upgrades mate :D

@korvboll

I think hourglasses should be upgraded first, then some 5 towers, then the otyughs, then more towers.

Evil Hamster

How to beat ALL the False Gods using the ULTIMATE False God killing deck https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=182.msg1763#msg1763
« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2009, 10:09:33 pm »

You can stretch out your sundials by not drawing a card the first turn after you play them- then they hold off your opponent attacks for 2 turns.

LaBomba

How to beat ALL the False Gods using the ULTIMATE False God killing deck https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=182.msg1764#msg1764
« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2009, 10:09:33 pm »

@Scaredgirl: first of all congrats on making a very nice deck. I've tried it for a couple of days now (in a slightly altered version) and it is indeed a nice god killing deck. However, I must say that you definitely need at least a couple of upgraded cards to stand a chance against the gods that you indicate yourself as being moderate and at least 10+ against the difficult ones to come anywhere near the 66% winning percentage.

Just as extra comment on the deck, the alterations that I made:
- lobotomizer instead of eternity, most gods rely heavily on their creature skills so I feel lobo is better
- 2 fallen druids instead of 1, which I think really helps in doing a lot of damage in a short amount of time

Right now I'm experimenting with addition of an anubis and maybe 1 or 2 time pillars in order to immaterialize the weaker units and the ones that the deck heavily relies on (fallen druid, otyugh)

Another question for you guys: has anyone tried this deck without the FFQ but with some extra graveyards and otyughs?! I'm wondering whether that would make it quicker to set up, because that is still the weak point of the deck

NeoDeath

How to beat ALL the False Gods using the ULTIMATE False God killing deck https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=182.msg1765#msg1765
« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2009, 10:09:33 pm »

I use it and it is a little faster but it needs more creature destruction spells and a little more defense.

How to beat ALL the False Gods using the ULTIMATE False God killing deck https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=182.msg1766#msg1766
« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2009, 10:09:33 pm »

Do people want this post locked? There's not really much to discuss, apart from "Thanks, great deck"

blarg: