*Author

Offline waterzx

• Reputation Power: 11
  • waterzx is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.waterzx is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • New to Elements
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: Ask the Idea Guru https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=32272.msg510123#msg510123
« Reply #540 on: June 11, 2012, 11:11:49 am »
Transformation | Transformation
http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,41186.0.html

Do you think it's a good idea to make it a  :entropy card ? My original idea was to make it an other card but I changed it in the last minute for no convincing reason.

And do you think such way to adjust quanta production a useful addition for decks which require accurate quanta balance ?

Offline OldTreesTopic starter

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 114
  • OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • I was available for questions.
  • Awards: Brawl #2 Winner - Team FireTeam Card Design Winner
Re: Ask the Idea Guru https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=32272.msg510151#msg510151
« Reply #541 on: June 11, 2012, 02:20:32 pm »
Transformation | Transformation
http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,41186.0.html

Do you think it's a good idea to make it a  :entropy card ? My original idea was to make it an other card but I changed it in the last minute for no convincing reason.

And do you think such way to adjust quanta production a useful addition for decks which require accurate quanta balance ?

"Turn target piller/pendulum stack into pendulum/piller stack of the same element."

This does not seem to have an elemental feel to it. Change, Pillars and Pendulums are themes in all elements and thus in Other.

Would the constructive usage be useful?
I don't think so. All it does it toggle the amount of mark quanta being produced. This can be done during deck building. More accurate quanta generation would be needed for decks that require accurate quanta balance.
"It is common sense to listen to the wisdom of the wise. The wise are marked by their readiness to listen to the wisdom of the fool."
"Nothing exists that cannot be countered." -OldTrees on indirect counters
Ask the Idea Guru: http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,32272.0.htm

Offline Zaealix

• Reputation Power: 6
  • Zaealix is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • Former Gravity apprentice-currently Water aligned.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake
Re: Ask the Idea Guru https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=32272.msg510314#msg510314
« Reply #542 on: June 12, 2012, 02:10:50 am »
Something I thought of was some sort of 'chargable spell'.
Basically, when played, you can 'activate' the spell to feed it quanta,much like Rustler, and then it applies it's effects either at the end of your turn, or at the end of your opponent's turn (in case a counter-measure to it should be the case.) based on the quanta fed to it.
Thoughts?
*Water Guild*

• Legendary Member
  • OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
Re: Ask the Idea Guru https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=32272.msg510342#msg510342
« Reply #543 on: June 12, 2012, 04:19:24 am »
Basically, when played, you can 'activate' the spell to feed it quanta,much like Rustler, and then it applies it's effects either at the end of your turn, or at the end of your opponent's turn (in case a counter-measure to it should be the case.) based on the quanta fed to it.
Thoughts?
Please extrapolate. What is the core of this idea?
"It is common sense to listen to the wisdom of the wise. The wise are marked by their readiness to listen to the wisdom of the fool."
Ask the Idea Guru: http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,32272.0.htm

Offline Zaealix

Re: Ask the Idea Guru https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=32272.msg510471#msg510471
« Reply #544 on: June 12, 2012, 11:22:45 am »
Originally? A  :gravity spell that would do something based on the amount of quanta spent, the idea being this 'event' was somehow related to the creation of a new star or something.
However, it's an idea that could be applied in a number of ways, depending on how you look at it.
*Water Guild*

• Legendary Member
Re: Ask the Idea Guru https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=32272.msg510526#msg510526
« Reply #545 on: June 12, 2012, 03:12:33 pm »
Thoughts?
Please extrapolate. What is the core of this idea?
Originally? A  :gravity spell that would do something based on the amount of quanta spent, the idea being this 'event' was somehow related to the creation of a new star or something.
However, it's an idea that could be applied in a number of ways, depending on how you look at it.
A core idea is the smallest fraction of an idea without which it is no longer the suggestion.

A possible Core idea:
Original: A  :gravity spell that would do something based on the amount of quanta spent
A spell that would do something based on the amount of quanta spent
A spell that had multiple modes based on the amount of quanta spent
Multiple modes based on the amount of quanta spent
Core: Ability to spend different amounts of quanta to get different modes

What is the core of your idea?

Offline Zaealix

Re: Ask the Idea Guru https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=32272.msg510535#msg510535
« Reply #546 on: June 12, 2012, 03:30:43 pm »
The idea was something akin to a bolt, more quanta fed, more damage dealt, or something like that.
But multiple modes...Hrm...Well, multiple modes might be more of a  :time type dealie, I'm not sure where a spell like that could go.
Perhaps with  :darkness it could be one of three effects:
1.Applies a 'corruption' buff, that turns the creature into a darkness type, and grants it +1/+1.
2. Grants the vampire effect without the poison.
3. Lycantropy-level buff, but applies poison (often times in werewolf mythos the wolf side is destructive beyond what a normal wild animal might be.)
*Water Guild*

• Legendary Member
Re: Ask the Idea Guru https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=32272.msg510586#msg510586
« Reply #547 on: June 12, 2012, 06:43:28 pm »
The idea was something akin to a bolt, more quanta fed, more damage dealt, or something like that.
This is multiple modes.
1) X quanta for Y damage
2) 2X quanta for 2Y damage

In this case a short term permanent with a doom clock (dimensional shield has a 3 turn clock) would work.
An activated ability would increase the clock by 1 turn and increase the effect triggered when the permanent is destroyed (either by PC or by the doom clock)

Offline waterzx

• Reputation Power: 11
  • waterzx is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.waterzx is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • New to Elements
Re: Ask the Idea Guru https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=32272.msg510726#msg510726
« Reply #548 on: June 13, 2012, 01:52:47 am »
Someone told me that this game does not need any new CC. Do you agree ?

And if I want to make a card that damages creature and triggers secondary effect if target is killed, how much damage is suitable for this card in order to lower the CC aspect to minimum ?

( In other words, killing a creature is just a condition for the card to function and I don't want CC to be the main goal of the card. I thought of 1 damage but that would be a very harsh condition for the card to function properly so I settled with 2 damage. Is this enough ? )

These questions are related to the following card but I think it would be better not to limit the questions to just one particular card.

http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,41214.0.html

• Legendary Member
Re: Ask the Idea Guru https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=32272.msg510731#msg510731
« Reply #549 on: June 13, 2012, 02:09:17 am »

And if I want to make a card that damages creature and triggers secondary effect if target is killed, how much damage is suitable for this card in order to lower the CC aspect to minimum ?

( In other words, killing a creature is just a condition for the card to function and I don't want CC to be the main goal of the card. I thought of 1 damage but that would be a very harsh condition for the card to function properly so I settled with 2 damage. Is this enough ? )

These questions are related to the following card but I think it would be better not to limit the questions to just one particular card.

http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,41214.0.html
Does the game have enough CC? No. Light and Life (more CC) should have thematically appropriate CC mechanics.

It should deal at least 1 damage to enable it to trigger its effect.
Snipe does 3 damage.
2 damage is slower than snipe and bound to be less efficient due to the added cost paying for the triggered effect.

Since it is a spell, Shockwave might be a better comparison than Snipe. Only buff to 3 damage if it needs it.

[General questions tend to be more useful to others. Thanks]
« Last Edit: June 13, 2012, 02:20:37 am by OldTrees »

Offline OTL

• Reputation Power: 3
  • OTL is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • Total weaboo
Re: Ask the Idea Guru https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=32272.msg510732#msg510732
« Reply #550 on: June 13, 2012, 02:15:49 am »
Does the game have enough CC? No. Light and Water should have thematically appropriate CC mechanics.

Just a minor error, but I'm pretty sure between squid, ice bolt, permafrost and freeze, water has quite a bit of CC ^^

• Legendary Member
Re: Ask the Idea Guru https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=32272.msg510735#msg510735
« Reply #551 on: June 13, 2012, 02:21:52 am »
Does the game have enough CC? No. Light and Water should have thematically appropriate CC mechanics.

Just a minor error, but I'm pretty sure between squid, ice bolt, permafrost and freeze, water has quite a bit of CC ^^
Thanks. I meant Life (I clicked a quanta symbol rather than type the name. I did not proof read)
Yes Life has Spine Carapace but I think that more CC would be wise.

blarg: