*Author

Offline Zaealix

• Reputation Power: 6
  • Zaealix is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • Former Gravity apprentice-currently Water aligned.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake
Re: Ask the Idea Guru https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=32272.msg506852#msg506852
« Reply #516 on: June 02, 2012, 12:34:12 pm »
Sounds like a  :life (thematic match of other cards in  :life) or  :gravity ( strongest mono implementation of card) card to me.
As for the cost...Un upped I think could have the 3 cost, but the upgraded could be 5, since it's a significant leap in power.
The unupped requires you to have either high HP creatures, or gamble that the opponent won't have a way to prevent mass creature spawning.
The upgraded has the benefit of being able to serve as a sot counter to decks with high HP creatures as it's strategy, however, I can't think of very many decks that work that way...
*Water Guild*

Offline OldTreesTopic starter

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 114
  • OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • I was available for questions.
  • Awards: Brawl #2 Winner - Team FireTeam Card Design Winner
Re: Ask the Idea Guru https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=32272.msg506952#msg506952
« Reply #517 on: June 02, 2012, 05:48:03 pm »
Name: ?
Element: ?
Cost: somewhere between 3 and 5, inclusive
Spell
Text: Your Hp is now equal to the total Hp of all creatures on your field. If it is higher than your max, your max is raised.
Upgraded change: Your Hp is now equal to the total Hp of all creatures on the field. If it is higher than your max, your max is raised.

What do you think of this and what's the best to compare it to?
Sounds like a  :life (thematic match of other cards in  :life) or  :gravity ( strongest mono implementation of card) card to me.
As for the cost...Un upped I think could have the 3 cost, but the upgraded could be 5, since it's a significant leap in power.
The unupped requires you to have either high HP creatures, or gamble that the opponent won't have a way to prevent mass creature spawning.
The upgraded has the benefit of being able to serve as a sot counter to decks with high HP creatures as it's strategy, however, I can't think of very many decks that work that way...
The upgrade is not double the power of the unupped because the opponent's deck will not be tailored to synergize with this card. I would expect the upgrade to be about a 20% increase in power.

It would probably be played in a Gravity Deck (Armagios, Animated Titans, Basilisk Blood + Catapult). In many cases I expect it to set the hp to around 75. This is similar to Miracle. However a 75hp Miracle is less than 3/4ths the value of Miracle. (people do not normally cast it at 1hp) Probably closer to 1/2

Being dependent on having field presence is a cost reduction.

1/2 (15 :light+1card) ~= 6.5 :underworld + 1 card
A 25% increase would be 8.6 :underworld + 1 card
The cost reduction is probably about 1-2 quanta
5.5 :underworld + 1card | 7.1 :underworld + 1card - upgrade

5 :underworld +1card | 6 :underworld +1card
I would agree with Zaealix in that Life fits closest thematically and if it were Life it would probably used in a Life / Gravity Duo. (Duo = -1 casting cost) However its synergy with Gravity is great enough that a Life version would probably only be used in Life Gravity Duos. Based on this there is a good case for making it a Gravity card.

5 :gravity|6 :gravity +1card (This is a low estimate. Expect a slight nerf after playtesting)
"It is common sense to listen to the wisdom of the wise. The wise are marked by their readiness to listen to the wisdom of the fool."
"Nothing exists that cannot be countered." -OldTrees on indirect counters
Ask the Idea Guru: http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,32272.0.htm

Offline Jyiber

• Reputation Power: 0
  • Jyiber hides under a Cloak.
  • a.k.a Jyi (Now w/o medication!!!)
Re: Ask the Idea Guru https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=32272.msg507456#msg507456
« Reply #518 on: June 04, 2012, 01:53:13 am »
So I was brainstorming another random chaos type card for entropy, just for the fun of it, and I thought of a card that removes all skills from all creatures on the field and then randomly assigns every creature a new skill. I'm thinking the "skill pool" could be almost any creature skill in the game and/or skills granted via spell.

At second glance it seemed overpowered because unless your opponent is using a rainbow, odds are they won't be able to use any of the skills that they get, so that makes it a kind of field wide lobotomy.

Questions:
-First off, is this original?
-Suggestions for mechanic balance, like what skills would you not include in the pool?
-What would this card cost to play?
-Does  :entropy need another card? If not, what other element could use this?
<^> Curiosity killed the cat. Now what if I told you Curiosity was the name of my dog?
<^> All things must come to an end. The things that you loved, and things you hate, but much more pressingly, the timer to the bomb that's in the room with us.

Offline Zaealix

Re: Ask the Idea Guru https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=32272.msg507458#msg507458
« Reply #519 on: June 04, 2012, 02:10:13 am »
Concerning mechanic balance...This idea of yours makes me think first of a sort of mass version of mutation, like the way pandemonium is sort of a mass version of chaos seed. Now, this doesn't affect stats of the creature, but it does affect skills...Depending on the creature, it could make it more or less powerful, since not all abilities require quanta.
Momentum, Venom, Gravity Pull, Immaterial, are some if not all of the abilities that don't require quanta.
Mitosis would count, as the cost of mitosis is always the cost of the creature's casting cost, which would not have changed.
Entropy is the only thing that really fits for this idea, so it'd have to go here...The REAL question, if you ask me, is will this card be useful enough to be worth using despite it's natural randomness?
*Water Guild*

• Legendary Member
  • OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
Re: Ask the Idea Guru https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=32272.msg507481#msg507481
« Reply #520 on: June 04, 2012, 03:27:26 am »
So I was brainstorming another random chaos type card for entropy, just for the fun of it, and I thought of a card that removes all skills from all creatures on the field and then randomly assigns every creature a new skill. I'm thinking the "skill pool" could be almost any creature skill in the game and/or skills granted via spell.

At second glance it seemed overpowered because unless your opponent is using a rainbow, odds are they won't be able to use any of the skills that they get, so that makes it a kind of field wide lobotomy.

Questions:
-First off, is this original?
-Suggestions for mechanic balance, like what skills would you not include in the pool?
-What would this card cost to play?
-Does  :entropy need another card? If not, what other element could use this?
Concerning mechanic balance...This idea of yours makes me think first of a sort of mass version of mutation, like the way pandemonium is sort of a mass version of chaos seed. Now, this doesn't affect stats of the creature, but it does affect skills...Depending on the creature, it could make it more or less powerful, since not all abilities require quanta.
Momentum, Venom, Gravity Pull, Immaterial, are some if not all of the abilities that don't require quanta.
Mitosis would count, as the cost of mitosis is always the cost of the creature's casting cost, which would not have changed.
Entropy is the only thing that really fits for this idea, so it'd have to go here...The REAL question, if you ask me, is will this card be useful enough to be worth using despite it's natural randomness?
Is it original?
Yes, I remember seeing posts containing the idea but I don't recall any threads.

Does entropy need another card?
All elements can benefit from more cards.

Balance
Changing the skill of an enemy creature is usually a lobotomy effect even if it is in the same element. If you want to avoid the mass lobotomy, you could restrict the spell to only affect your creatures.
I have found that a mass spell is about 4x the cost of a single target spell. This is like mutation but without the stat adjustment. I would consider testing a 5|3 :entropy your side only version.

Niche
In many ways, Fallen Elf has filled the same role as this. This would be a mono version that has some pros and cons compared to the Elf.

Skills to possibly exclude:
None that exist yet. Even Deja Vu and Steal would be fine.
"It is common sense to listen to the wisdom of the wise. The wise are marked by their readiness to listen to the wisdom of the fool."
Ask the Idea Guru: http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,32272.0.htm

Offline Zaealix

Re: Ask the Idea Guru https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=32272.msg508169#msg508169
« Reply #521 on: June 06, 2012, 01:16:36 am »
Some ideas I've considered...
A card that basically works like Mindgate, but for your own deck: it draws a copy of the card you're about to draw.
Cons:
Can be abused for incredible pillar creation and quanta production (Bolts are back!)
Pros:
Easier to work with, Mindgate for the most part, seems to require a good deal of  :aether quanta sunk before you can start making use of it.
Since Time is the element of drawing cards, and Time paradoxes can, in a sense, generate more of one thing, I figured this could be a time card.
Secondly: A card that does damage whenever a creature is put into play,  :life element if possible, as it works mechanically with life's cheap easy to spawn creatures, as well as mitosis.
Not sure about the balance this card might have...
*Water Guild*

Offline mildlyfrightenedboy

• Reputation Power: 9
  • mildlyfrightenedboy is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • The Lady of Clockwork
Re: Ask the Idea Guru https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=32272.msg508227#msg508227
« Reply #522 on: June 06, 2012, 06:25:02 am »
A card that basically works like Mindgate, but for your own deck: it draws a copy of the card you're about to draw.
Cons:
Can be abused for incredible pillar creation and quanta production (Bolts are back!)
Pros:
Easier to work with, Mindgate for the most part, seems to require a good deal of  :aether quanta sunk before you can start making use of it.
Since Time is the element of drawing cards, and Time paradoxes can, in a sense, generate more of one thing, I figured this could be a time card.

One thing here is that, because Mindgate works with your opponent's deck, you will need a decent amount :rainbow.  With a reverse-Mindgate, you know exactly what's in your deck, so you can use it with only one quanta type.  I'm not sure if it would work or not; just a note.
This thing seemed dead inside. It seemed like an automaton, trying to act like as if it was alive. The effect was unsettling.
Orianna made a sound that supposed to a girl's squeal of glee and hugged The Ball. While it might have been touching, it was unfortunately only horrifying.

Offline EmeraldTiger

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 61
  • EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!
  • :life :aether
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: Ask the Idea Guru https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=32272.msg508303#msg508303
« Reply #523 on: June 06, 2012, 01:11:20 pm »
Cons:
Pros:
Secondly: A card that does damage whenever a creature is put into play,  :life element if possible, as it works mechanically with life's cheap easy to spawn creatures, as well as mitosis.
Could make it totally a reverse mindgate as a possible form of denial. giving opponent a copy of ur top card.
If Nowhere is Somewhere, and Somewhere is Over there, How can we be Anywhere?
:life :aether

• Legendary Member
Re: Ask the Idea Guru https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=32272.msg508348#msg508348
« Reply #524 on: June 06, 2012, 03:54:59 pm »
Cons:
Pros:
One thing here is that, because Mindgate works with your opponent's deck, you will need a decent amount :rainbow.  With a reverse-Mindgate, you know exactly what's in your deck, so you can use it with only one quanta type.  I'm not sure if it would work or not; just a note.
In some ways it will be like an Hourglass. However some cards have abnormal synergy when breaking the 6 copy barrier and it would not be powered by your deck size.

Another card dealt with these abnormal synergies Echo

Try +2 casting cost and +1 activation cost compared to hourglass. 6|6 casting cost  3|2 activation cost

I would probably not put it in either Life or Aether if possible. The synergy and cost resulting in a duo with one of those elements would cancel allowing a lower base cost.

So the question is how does the damage happen?
Is it an enchantment that lobs fireballs? Perhaps the creatures are quick and get an early (but weak) strike? Something else?

I would guess a casting cost of 5 with 3 damage per creature might be balanced. However I do not have a good comparison so poll the community.

Offline OdinVanguard

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 67
  • OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.
  • Keeping The Jotnar at bay
Re: Ask the Idea Guru https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=32272.msg508718#msg508718
« Reply #525 on: June 07, 2012, 07:32:33 pm »
I have an idea for a non-rare weapon card. I would like to know
1) Has it already been done (or is there another card too similar to it out there right now)
2) Is it low key enough to be a non-rare weapon. More specifically is it a good idea to add non-rare type "other" weapons that have non-vanilla abilities or should that be reserved for elemental weapons.
3) Is it balanced well compared to the other non-rares (dagger, hammer, bow, sword)

Card: Razor Disc | Chakram
Cost: 1  :rainbow
Text: "Weapon (Ranged): Deals 2 (4 upped) damage, as spell if mark is :aether .
0 throw: deal 1 damage to target and return to deck."

Return to deck could mean either top or randomly shuffled in.
Whether the glass is half full or half empty is a moot point. It is always filled to the brim. It is only a matter of by what. The real question is: What fills you?
If your zombie plan is
kill -9 `ps l | awk '{print $2" "$3" "$9}' | grep "Z" | awk '{printf("%s ",$2)}'`
You might be a unix junky

Offline Zaealix

Re: Ask the Idea Guru https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=32272.msg508719#msg508719
« Reply #526 on: June 07, 2012, 07:38:08 pm »
 :o That 'thrown' idea of yours is highly intriging. However, the mark creating 'spell' damage I think might be better suited to being a seperate idea...
*Water Guild*

Offline OdinVanguard

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 67
  • OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.
  • Keeping The Jotnar at bay
Re: Ask the Idea Guru https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=32272.msg508722#msg508722
« Reply #527 on: June 07, 2012, 07:44:58 pm »
Hmm, if the spell damage part is too much, I can always change it to:
"Weapon (Ranged): Deals 2 damage, plus 1 if mark is :aether.
0 throw: deal 1 damage to target and return to deck."

I had the spell damage part in there to try and keep this weapon sufficiently distinct from Owl's Eye as well as the other non-rares in place already.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2012, 07:46:29 pm by OdinVanguard »
Whether the glass is half full or half empty is a moot point. It is always filled to the brim. It is only a matter of by what. The real question is: What fills you?
If your zombie plan is
kill -9 `ps l | awk '{print $2" "$3" "$9}' | grep "Z" | awk '{printf("%s ",$2)}'`
You might be a unix junky

blarg: