*Author

Offline GGTopic starter

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 28
  • GG is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.GG is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.GG is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.GG is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.GG is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.
  • Retired from everything...
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 5th Birthday Cake3rd Trials - Master of Gravity2nd Trials - Master of GravityC-C-C-Combo Maker Winner!Weekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 1/2011 WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 3/2010 2nd PlaceNew Passive Ability Competition Winner
Fly | Fly https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=8697.msg101058#msg101058
« on: June 25, 2010, 09:40:09 pm »
NAME:
Fly
ELEMENT:
Air
COST:
3 :air
TYPE:
Spell
ATK|HP:
ABILITY:
The target creature becomes Airborne and gains the skill Dive. The cost varies by its attack power.
NAME:
Fly
ELEMENT:
Air
COST:
2 :air
TYPE:
Spell
ATK|HP:
ABILITY:
The target creature becomes Airborne and gains the skill Dive. The cost varies by its attack power.
ART:
Public Domain
IDEA:
Girlsgeneration
NOTES:
The card gives Pegasus or Wyrm's dive ability to the target airborne creature. The ability cost is as follows:

The ability costs Air quanta. Using the quanta of the creature's element is OP.

For the unupgraded, the dive ability cost is (Creature's attack power / 3 ) Rounded down. For example, Azure Dragon with 9 attack power needs 3 air quanta to activate its dive ability. Sky Dragon with 13 attack power would have to pay 4.

For the upgraded, the cost is (Creature's attack power / 4) Rounded down. For example, Azure Dragon now has to pay 2 quanta, and Sky Dragon 3.

If this card is to be implemented in game, another mechanic has to be implemented; when a creature with dive (which obviously is airborne) is webbed by a spider/recluse, it loses its dive ability.
SERIES:
Ex-Master of :gravity, still a fervid supporter! GO GRAVY!

bsurma

Re: Fly | Fly https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=8697.msg101071#msg101071
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2010, 09:56:00 pm »
Synergy with Air, balanced cost, balanced ability.

Perfect. :)

This card is actually something that Air needs right now IMO.

But, if the cost is variable, you shouldn't write that it costs 3 quanta. I would just leave it blank.

EDIT: Oh, it's the ability cost. Sorry, my reading skill is somehow nerfed at midnight. :S

sSethia

Re: Fly | Fly https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=8697.msg101074#msg101074
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2010, 09:59:28 pm »
I'm confused.

If a Sky Dragon has 13 attack power and has Fly casted on it, wouldn't it cost 4 :air

13 / 3 = 4.33333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333

Rounded down is 4.

Offline Essence

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 57
  • Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.
  • Voice of the Oracle -- Jezzie's Pimp -- Often Gone
  • Awards: 2nd Trials - Master of Water1st Trials - Master of WaterFG Deck-Designer - The OutcastsShard Madness! Competition WinnerEpic 3 Card Design Competition WinnerElder Recruiter
Re: Fly | Fly https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=8697.msg101083#msg101083
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2010, 10:09:59 pm »
Should say "Target gains the passive skill: Airborne".

Why would you cast a card called Fly on a creature that's already definitionally flying?
If something happens and you think it deserves my attention, feel free to PM me. Other than that, I'm probably here if you want to shoot the breeze.

Offline GGTopic starter

• Legendary Member
  • GG is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.GG is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.GG is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.GG is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.GG is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 5th Birthday Cake3rd Trials - Master of Gravity2nd Trials - Master of GravityC-C-C-Combo Maker Winner!Weekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 1/2011 WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 3/2010 2nd PlaceNew Passive Ability Competition Winner
Re: Fly | Fly https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=8697.msg101101#msg101101
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2010, 10:28:29 pm »
I'm confused.

If a Sky Dragon has 13 attack power and has Fly casted on it, wouldn't it cost 4 :air

13 / 3 = 4.33333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333

Rounded down is 4.
Isn't that what I wrote...?

Should say "Target gains the passive skill: Airborne".

Why would you cast a card called Fly on a creature that's already definitionally flying?
I was thinking about it, but giving Airborne status makes this card too situational (only useful against Wings)

What if I make it so that it gives Airborne status AND also that dive ability? Would you like it?

(But then it sounds weird if some creatures like... FROGS can fly...)

Maybe I should change the name?

Xoned

Re: Fly | Fly https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=8697.msg101134#msg101134
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2010, 10:59:44 pm »
For the unupgraded, the dive ability cost is (Creature's attack power / 3 ) Rounded down. For example, Azure Dragon with 9 attack power needs 3 air quanta to activate its dive ability. Sky Dragon with 13 attack power would have to pay 5.

For the upgraded, the cost is (Creature's attack power / 4) Rounded down. For example, Azure Dragon still has to pay 3 quanta, but Sky Dragon 4.
13/3 = 4.3333 or 4 You said 5.
13/4 = 3.25 or 3, You said 4.
Both those #'s are rounded up but in the description it says "rounded down." Which one is it?

I think it should be rounded down.

Offline GGTopic starter

• Legendary Member
Re: Fly | Fly https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=8697.msg101152#msg101152
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2010, 11:18:41 pm »
For the unupgraded, the dive ability cost is (Creature's attack power / 3 ) Rounded down. For example, Azure Dragon with 9 attack power needs 3 air quanta to activate its dive ability. Sky Dragon with 13 attack power would have to pay 5.

For the upgraded, the cost is (Creature's attack power / 4) Rounded down. For example, Azure Dragon still has to pay 3 quanta, but Sky Dragon 4.
13/3 = 4.3333 or 4 You said 5.
13/4 = 3.25 or 3, You said 4.
Both those #'s are rounded up but in the description it says "rounded down." Which one is it?

I think it should be rounded down.
You're right. I fail at math.

Offline Essence

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 57
  • Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.
  • Voice of the Oracle -- Jezzie's Pimp -- Often Gone
  • Awards: 2nd Trials - Master of Water1st Trials - Master of WaterFG Deck-Designer - The OutcastsShard Madness! Competition WinnerEpic 3 Card Design Competition WinnerElder Recruiter
Re: Fly | Fly https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=8697.msg101154#msg101154
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2010, 11:21:15 pm »
Yeah, I think it should give Airborne AND Dive.

Yep.
If something happens and you think it deserves my attention, feel free to PM me. Other than that, I'm probably here if you want to shoot the breeze.

Offline GGTopic starter

• Legendary Member
Re: Fly | Fly https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=8697.msg101658#msg101658
« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2010, 08:18:56 pm »
As Essence said, I changed the card so that it gives Airborne status, too.

However, as I mentioned in the notes, if a spider or a recluse webs a creature with Dive, it will lose its ability.

Offline jmizzle7

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 34
  • jmizzle7 is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.jmizzle7 is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.jmizzle7 is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.jmizzle7 is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.jmizzle7 is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.jmizzle7 is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.
  • I'm kind of a big deal. People know me.
  • Awards: Weekly Tournament WinnerSS Competition #1 1stCard Design Competition Winner
Re: Fly | Fly https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=8697.msg101984#msg101984
« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2010, 05:13:18 am »
Why not just give it the ability - ":air :air: Dive"

Offline tinkady

• Reputation Power: 4
  • tinkady is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • New to Elements
Re: Fly | Fly https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=8697.msg102001#msg102001
« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2010, 06:23:04 am »
i dunno how useful this is considering that all 5 (not including nymph) air creatures are already airborne. and one of them already has dive. so...idk. it could have some synergy with other elements or be used on sky dragons

Offline tyranim

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 34
  • tyranim is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.tyranim is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.tyranim is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.tyranim is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.tyranim is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.tyranim is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.
  • formerly unit
Re: Fly | Fly https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=8697.msg102015#msg102015
« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2010, 07:27:28 am »
its still op. even with the whole HP/3 thing
my milkshake brings all the boys to the yard and they're like "its better than yours" damn right, its better than yours! i can teach you but i'd have to charge!

anything
blarg: