*Author

Offline BloodshadowTopic starter

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 46
  • Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.
  • 吞天纳地,魔渡众生。天下万物,唯我至尊。
  • Awards: Ultimate Profile WinnerOpposites Attract
Hope + Unupgraded FFQ https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=4026.msg39092#msg39092
« on: March 16, 2010, 04:18:29 am »
Hover over cards for details, click for permalink
Deck import code : [Select]
5bv 5bv 5bv 5bv 5c2 5c2 5c6 5c6 5c6 5c6 5c7 5c7 5lk 5lk 5oc 5oc 5oc 5oc 5oc 5oc 5oc 5oc 5oc 5oc 5oj 5oj 5oj 5oj 5oj 5oj 8pn

So, the unupgraded Fireflies generate Light, which is perfect for the new shield Hope. Any thoughts to improve this deck?

Of course, Miracle and Owl's Eye could be added to this deck. But for now, I'd like to keep this unupgraded and no rares.

A screenshot attached:
(if the AI used Rain of Fire, I'd been screwed instantly XD)
« Last Edit: June 13, 2012, 05:02:34 pm by Kuroaitou »
To be or not to be, I can do both at once. Go learn quantum mechanics, n00b.

Offline jmizzle7

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 34
  • jmizzle7 is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.jmizzle7 is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.jmizzle7 is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.jmizzle7 is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.jmizzle7 is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.jmizzle7 is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.
  • I'm kind of a big deal. People know me.
  • Awards: Weekly Tournament WinnerSS Competition #1 1stCard Design Competition Winner
Re: Hope + Unupgraded FFQ https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=4026.msg39100#msg39100
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2010, 04:39:11 am »
A screenshot attached:
(if the AI used Rain of Fire, I'd been screwed instantly XD)
Actually, you would have been fine, because Hope recalculates when you end your turn and your shield slot uses its action.

• Legendary Member
  • Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.
  • 吞天纳地,魔渡众生。天下万物,唯我至尊。
Re: Hope + Unupgraded FFQ https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=4026.msg39101#msg39101
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2010, 04:42:48 am »
But I'd only survive one turn, then I'd still be screwed...

Astaroth

Re: Hope + Unupgraded FFQ https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=4026.msg39106#msg39106
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2010, 04:56:32 am »
Are the Rustlers (and your mark) enough to get you your Life quanta? Only four of your cards generate Life quanta, yet more than half of your deck (18/30) uses it.  :o

Even then, after playing Rustler, you have to wait until your FFQ generates a FF. It just seems like you're "going around your elbow to get to your butthole" to generate quanta. I guess it all comes down to how fast you get that first Queen out and generate a FF.

• Legendary Member
  • 吞天纳地,魔渡众生。天下万物,唯我至尊。
Re: Hope + Unupgraded FFQ https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=4026.msg39112#msg39112
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2010, 05:01:39 am »
The Rustlers are quite enough to generate enough Life. Don't forget, 1 Light = 2 Life for Rustlers. Just save enough Life to generate 1 Firefly, and have 1 Rustler out, then you can start the cycle. This deck is a slow starter, but once you get it going you have more than enough quanta.

casthegamer

Re: Hope + Unupgraded FFQ https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=4026.msg39141#msg39141
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2010, 06:34:50 am »
But I'd only survive one turn, then I'd still be screwed...
if this was the ai's turn instead of yours and the ai had firestorm in hand, you would take no damage. your turn you'd play out four fire flies, a rustler, another queen, and hope would recalculate to 6. during the ai's next turn you'd take 34 damage. your turn you'd add another five flies, gain 15 life back, and hope goes up to 11. ais turn you take only about 16. your turn, five more flies, 20 more life, and hope is almost back where it started. it's quite resilient.

EDIT: this is slightly inaccurate as i hadn't realized hope had already been nerfed, but you would still be fine.

• Legendary Member
  • 吞天纳地,魔渡众生。天下万物,唯我至尊。
Re: Hope + Unupgraded FFQ https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=4026.msg39616#msg39616
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2010, 12:57:33 am »
So, any ways to improve and optimize this deck?

Do I need the Heals? Maybe switch them for Emerald Pillars or something else?
And if I have Miracle and Owl's Eye, I'd probably replace the two Heals with those.

icybraker

Re: Hope + Unupgraded FFQ https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=4026.msg39620#msg39620
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2010, 01:01:26 am »
Yeah, that's what I would do. Some way to capitalize on all the spare Light quanta.

I don't really see the point of Adrenaline here rather than providing more damage. If you want more damage, I myself would suggest putting in your weapons (Owl's Eye, Morning Glory) or even putting in some Light and Emerald dragons if you feel like it, just so they can survive a Rain of Fire and still give you chance of winning.

• Legendary Member
  • 吞天纳地,魔渡众生。天下万物,唯我至尊。
Re: Hope + Unupgraded FFQ https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=4026.msg39623#msg39623
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2010, 01:06:16 am »
Well, Arenaline is relatively cheap to cast. And it instantly turns a 3-ATK creature into one as powerful as a dragon. So I don't really see the need of using dragons.

But do I need the Heals, assuming that I don't have Miracle and OE to replace them with?

Offline Glitch

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 65
  • Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.
  • Awards: 1st Trials - Master of LifeElements Short Story Competition WinnerPoetry in the Spirit of Elements
Re: Hope + Unupgraded FFQ https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=4026.msg39632#msg39632
« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2010, 01:14:33 am »
I'd drop the adrenaline for another rustler and maybe a life pillar.

icybraker

Re: Hope + Unupgraded FFQ https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=4026.msg39635#msg39635
« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2010, 01:18:31 am »
As you stated or implied, Rain of Fire and other mass creature control spells are the bane of this deck. Dragons have enough health to survive these assaults, giving you a shot at victory.

Additionally, once you have the defense set up, you will most likely win; a cheaper offense doesn't add a whole lot to the power of this deck. You can easily cast any of the 3 kinds of dragons you want in this deck (I'm eyeballing the amount quanta you have in your screenshot), which have a lot of vitality and deal a good amount of offense.

Empathic Bonds will provide more than enough healing for you, provided that your setup is sound.

• Legendary Member
  • 吞天纳地,魔渡众生。天下万物,唯我至尊。
Re: Hope + Unupgraded FFQ https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=4026.msg39650#msg39650
« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2010, 01:39:51 am »
OK... For now, I'll switch the Heals and Adrenalines to Miracle, Owl's Eye, and two Emerald Pillars.
5bs 5bs 5bv 5bv 5bv 5bv 5c6 5c6 5c6 5c6 5li 5lk 5lk 5oc 5oc 5oc 5oc 5oc 5oc 5oc 5oc 5oc 5oc 5oj 5oj 5oj 5oj 5oj 5oj 5ol

But what if you don't have the rares? Do you put Emerald Dragons? But what if you're stuck with one in the first draw?

blarg: