*Author

Active members:
The Oracle(1) Flare(1) Corrum(1) teffy(1) MaxMilen(1) Bender74d(1) venumuse(1) Cisco(1) RavingRabbid(1) petterud(1) TheoCT(1) sSethia(1) Jumbalumba(1) guolin(1) mutantkickass(1) giversgivealot(1) Suguri(1) 7wavemaster(1) Mntoothpick(1) Amilir(1) wavedash(1) ratchetspyro94(1) vrt(1) DrunkDestroyer(1) chum3(1) dragono(1) Blues(1) drogana(1) TStar(1) cyanspirit(1) Astrocyte(1) Deamon19(1) Dwerg(1) dracomageat(1) Kickpuncher(1) Gorthos(1) Elusion(1) Mithcairion(1) ffun(1) Bhlewos(1) ArcanisX(1) rgurgelles1(1) The_Mormegil(1) benthewolf1(1) Djhopper :)(1) willng3(1) xdude(1) aceben3(1) nilsieboy(1) Odii Odsen(1) Xenocidius(1) bjessee(1) Hawfrey1337(1) AnnaMall(1) Fosius(1) Laxadarap(1) treebeard xiii(1) rogerluc(1) yee(1) whatifidogetcaught?(1) Zso_Zso(1) bombzero(1) Embrada(1) Theboss1248(1) Shantu(1) zer0 tolerance(1) Scaramanga(1) Robsta43(1) Treldon(1) kirbylover314(1) tereret(1) Ryli(1) Lunaris(1) Linkcat(1) RapidStar_(1) igor135(1) bashingbash(1) DarthVarda(1) TribalTrouble(1) kaempfer13(1) zack111496(1) InsignificantWeeaboo(1) HearthstonePro(1) ji412jo(1) MasterWalks(1) Antagon(2) Svenningen(2) the dictator(2) smuglapse(2) nkedwards90(2) xonepartlost(2) mafidufa(2) the Sage(2) Rodrigofix(2) Demut(2) Jocko(2) Sevs(2) bogtro(2) Misfire(2) drolly(2) justaburd(2) Annele(2) regen2k9(2) blueberrymania(2) Vindilos(2) kisking11(2) CuCN(2) w4sh1ng7on(2) Fippe94(2) benoit(2) Levgre(3) jheamay(3) Troh(3) edunavas(3) Brion(3) majofa(3) AngelMusti(3) inthisroom(3) Aves(3) glennfoo(3) iancudorinmarian(3) blarp(3) mega plini(3) andretimpa(3) theelkspeaks(3) Solaris(3) worldwideweb3(3) Manuel(3) moehrpi(3) PlayerOa(3) Belthazar666(4) PuppyChow(4) melzardust(4) tyranim(4) jmizzle7(4) Dragoon1140(4) kobisjeruk(4) ~Napalm(4) kev(4) Jangoo(4) scauduro221095(4) pikachufan2164(4) Absol(4) Spielkind(4) Ginyu(4) Zawadx(4) jonathancrazyj(4) MeowMeowCat(4) icecoldbro(5) Demagog(5) furballdn(5) ARTHANASIOS(5) Blacksmith(5) dawn to dusk(5) serprex(5) plastiqe(6) killsdazombies(6) AppAwesome(6) bucky1andonly(6) kirchj33(6) Jenkar(6) MatrimKK(7) n00b(7) Anothebrother(8) Onizuka(8) Cheesy111(8) rob77dp(8) CactusKing(8) Rastafla(9) jippy99(9) calindu(9) deuce22(9) Marsu(9) Vineroz(9) DANIEELA(9) Jen-i(10) Vangelios(11) ddevans96(12) TheonlyrealBeef(13) Dm1321(13) RootRanger(15) Scaredgirl(16) Wyand(16) Submachine(17) Sir Valimont(22) Higurashi(34) dragonsdemesne(48)

Offline Rastafla

• Reputation Power: 16
  • Rastafla is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Rastafla is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Rastafla is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • Tournament Guru "I'm too old for this sh-"
  • Awards: Weekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner24 Club (cost 24+ cards during War auction)Weekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Tournament Feedback https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=7055.msg388674#msg388674
« Reply #204 on: September 03, 2011, 10:12:47 pm »
TOs must shuffle the seeds randomly at least ONCE in the brackets at challonge or else everyone at the top of the user list whose names that start with for example A-J will get bye after bye in tournament after tournament. And they will also be excluded from prelims. There is nothing fair in this and also its not a laughing matter and it was disregarded as pointless when I said It needed to be done.

This does matter and its important for the sake of fairness.
In game name & Chat nick; Rastafla | Retired Tournament Organizer
Current status: Sways forwards and creeping people out.
"Rasta's greatest weakness as a player is moot because this War will not take place in April." - kevkev60614

Offline Higurashi

• Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 103
  • Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Æther in Æternum enim Æquilibrio
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 15th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 14th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 13th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 12th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeWinner of Team PvP #6Slice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerFalse Gods Competition: Reloaded - WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake4th Trials - Master of Aether3rd Trials - Master of AetherWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: Tournament Feedback https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=7055.msg388694#msg388694
« Reply #205 on: September 03, 2011, 11:03:33 pm »
Nope, I said there was no time because Challonge was lagging like hell. I ALSO said I would start a campaign if it ever happens a second time. Please don't lie, it looks bad.
:aether  http://elementscommunity.org/forum/guilds/991-thunderbolts-ho!-991/ :aether
Aether is the prime Element present in all things, providing space, connection and balance for all Elements to exist.
Aether represents the sense of joy and union, and the ultimate potential of all things.

Offline Rastafla

• Reputation Power: 16
  • Rastafla is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Rastafla is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Rastafla is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • Tournament Guru "I'm too old for this sh-"
  • Awards: Weekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner24 Club (cost 24+ cards during War auction)Weekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Tournament Feedback https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=7055.msg389859#msg389859
« Reply #206 on: September 06, 2011, 05:04:12 pm »
Sorry for late reply did not see this until now and also I did not expect to see a reply at all since I didn't need an explanation, the accusation of lying is whats prompts this reply.

Challonge did not lag, I was using the site too and we were not short on time, everyone was present way before start. However thats beside the point, I do not knowingly tell lies. I say things as I perceive them, it was not an accusation but an observation. To me there is no excuse not to shuffle the seeds since it IS unfair however minor or major one might think it is.

All I want is that every participant receives fair treatment, this was sidestepped and as such it needed to be pointed out. No matter the reason(s) why it happened.

That was all.
In game name & Chat nick; Rastafla | Retired Tournament Organizer
Current status: Sways forwards and creeping people out.
"Rasta's greatest weakness as a player is moot because this War will not take place in April." - kevkev60614

Offline Higurashi

• Administrator
  • Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 15th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 14th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 13th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 12th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeWinner of Team PvP #6Slice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerFalse Gods Competition: Reloaded - WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake4th Trials - Master of Aether3rd Trials - Master of AetherWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: Tournament Feedback https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=7055.msg389872#msg389872
« Reply #207 on: September 06, 2011, 05:28:47 pm »
As mentioned, it's a problem if it happens more than once. Challonge lagged for me, obviously. Whether it did for you is inconsequential. We were short on time, as there wasn't even one minute left before start. You don't seem to recall this quite right, making your comments much less effective. The concern is noted. The incorrect factual comments are superfluous and not appreciated by me when you put words in my mouth.

And the reason does matter. I prioritise keeping the tourney on time before most other aspects, as anything else can cause a lot of problems.
:aether  http://elementscommunity.org/forum/guilds/991-thunderbolts-ho!-991/ :aether
Aether is the prime Element present in all things, providing space, connection and balance for all Elements to exist.
Aether represents the sense of joy and union, and the ultimate potential of all things.

Offline Gorthos

• Reputation Power: 2
  • Gorthos is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • laser robot eyes
  • Awards: Weekly Tournament Winner
Re: Tournament Feedback https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=7055.msg395576#msg395576
« Reply #208 on: September 19, 2011, 02:47:18 pm »
I got a forum account specifically so that I could participate in tourneys.  The 30 post rule would have excluded me from the first several tourneys I participated in. 

N00bs are annoying when they misread the rules, or don't show up to the match, but this rule excludes everyone who just wants to play tourneys and not do other things on the forum (unless they've already played a bunch of tourneys).

Why not make a quiz on tourney rules instead, and make everyone who wants to play the tourney take the quiz (retakes allowed until they pass - and once you take it you don't have to re-take it for subsequent tourneys).

AngelMusti

Re: Tournament Feedback https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=7055.msg395586#msg395586
« Reply #209 on: September 19, 2011, 02:58:49 pm »
New rules?
NOTE: people with less than 30 forum posts are no longer allowed to enter tournaments.

looks to me you're forcing beginners  to post irrelevant stuff to get the required amount of posts.. this is a game not a concentration camp.
There are some poeple  who played elements for 3 years and posted less then 10 in those 3 years. and they are active and in the same league's as some ''champion league winners''.
Try saying this to yourself : ''Posting on forums to get  the priviledge to participate  ''the only tournament''  organized for the game elements.''  what kind of message are u giving out to the old skool/ new players. there are rules to abide , and they're also to be followed.
this rule is somewhat too personal & offensive.

Offline Higurashi

• Administrator
Re: Tournament Feedback https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=7055.msg395591#msg395591
« Reply #210 on: September 19, 2011, 03:05:09 pm »
New players who haven't read rules is a huge waste of time and is equal to spitting in our faces, but they're far from the only problem this rule solves. There is unfortunately no substitute for it, but it solves so many problems it doesn't matter. We chose 30 posts because it's extremely easy to get it by posting usefully, and I can promise you we won't lose any activity whatsoever.

There is nothing offensive about a rule like this, and claiming there is is laughable. Almost all groups that require membership have a trial period or even formal tests. This is socially accepted in all societies and usually even expected because it undeniably increases the quality of the group or project for all the other participants. For the sake of all players and all volunteer staff, this is an obvious rule to introduce as a community grows larger.

The fact that we've had tourneys completely open for a long time is nice, and it used to work. It doesn't anymore, as the community grows and hacking attempts become much more common. Until you have full knowledge on what's required to organize these events, I advise you not to criticise. Especially harshly, as it's a huge insult to hard-working volunteers that have thus far endured hell to get the events done.

Elusion

Re: Tournament Feedback https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=7055.msg395635#msg395635
« Reply #211 on: September 19, 2011, 04:09:29 pm »
New players who haven't read rules is a huge waste of time and is equal to spitting in our faces, but they're far from the only problem this rule solves. There is unfortunately no substitute for it, but it solves so many problems it doesn't matter. We chose 30 posts because it's extremely easy to get it by posting usefully, and I can promise you we won't lose any activity whatsoever.
There is nothing offensive about a rule like this, and claiming there is is laughable. Almost all groups that require membership have a trial period or even formal tests. This is socially accepted in all societies and usually even expected because it undeniably increases the quality of the group or project for all the other participants. For the sake of all players and all volunteer staff, this is an obvious rule to introduce as a community grows larger.
 The fact that we've had tourneys completely open for a long time is nice, and it used to work. It doesn't anymore, as the community grows and hacking attempts become much more common. Until you have full knowledge on what's required to organize these events, I advise you not to criticise. Especially harshly, as it's a huge insult to hard-working volunteers that have thus far endured hell to get the events done.
I agree 100%. New players are newbs. They don't know jack and should not waste our times. We are so much better than those people. Like seriously... Why should we even acknowledge them? Don't you hate it when newbs ask questions too? Like omg... Go find out for yourself and stop wasting our time.

I think we should make all new players go through a tutorial of the game. There should be one when you first play that explains all the functions in the game. This would be a great idea so we don't have to put up with those newbs and then at least they have passed some sort of test by being able to push continue and win their first game. Don't you agree?

and yeah. Do you have any idea how hard it is to come up with a theme for these things with so little cards to choose from? How about you come up with one without it being a huge advantage to yourself so you can win. Let's see you do better than these people who have put in a lot of time and hard work into a role/job that pays nothing.... These guys get nothing out of it.. Remember.. They're doing this for you and me...

AngelMusti

Re: Tournament Feedback https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=7055.msg395639#msg395639
« Reply #212 on: September 19, 2011, 04:27:26 pm »
you sir have some good patrionism in you , but you are not the one that  has opened the eyes of this blind man to the path of righteousness   
i already understood this cause i was briefed earlier about this situation. anyways having this topic
anyways eloozion this being said we should move on. move on to discover the new world of elements since u and i both know we lack our amounts of posting. and yet i feel redeemed and felt rejoice again.
i thank you all , god bless us all.

Another Random quote:
Eloozion: I just want Higs to notice me already =(

Offline bucky1andonly

• Reputation Power: 9
  • bucky1andonly is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • New to Elements
Re: Tournament Feedback https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=7055.msg396902#msg396902
« Reply #213 on: September 21, 2011, 07:54:29 pm »
I like Gorthos idea, most of it anyway.
Why not make a quiz on tourney rules instead, and make everyone who wants to play the tourney take the quiz (retakes allowed until they pass - and once you take it you don't have to re-take it for subsequent tourneys).
Should be a weekly quiz, 10 questions, 5 based on the basic rules, 5 based on the tourney specific rules.
Player should get at least 8/10 to be able to participate.
3 attempts only, answers are not shown after answering when making the quiz (it is an option)
Questions should be really easy and obvious, so that if anyone fails to make the 8/10 clearly wasn't paying attention or didn't read the rules.

This would mean tourney ideas would have to be up early, otherwise anyone can participate, also there is a quiz section so this idea is very easy to implement.  This will show that you know the rules and are ready to play.

Here is an example, only 7 questions though.
http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?action=SMFQuiz;sa=categories;id_quiz=151# (http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?action=SMFQuiz;sa=categories;id_quiz=151#)

AngelMusti

Re: Tournament Feedback https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=7055.msg397020#msg397020
« Reply #214 on: September 21, 2011, 09:57:20 pm »
i laik bucky's idea

Offline jippy99

• Reputation Power: 21
  • jippy99 is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.jippy99 is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.jippy99 is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.jippy99 is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeWar #4 Winner - Team DeathSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Tournament Feedback https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=7055.msg397023#msg397023
« Reply #215 on: September 21, 2011, 10:01:53 pm »
I think it is a decent idea, but no three tries.  You fail (or fail by our standards) once, you shouldn't be able to participate.  I'll see what the other TOs say, but chances are if we were to implement this, I highly doubt it will be done very shortly.
Think you got what it takes?  Test out your skills in some Tournaments! http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/board,77.0.html

anything
blarg: