*Author

Scaredgirl

Got Poison? https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=365.msg3095#msg3095
« on: December 15, 2009, 10:09:48 pm »

Got Poison?

Hover over cards for details, click for permalink
Deck import code : [Select]
710 710 710 710 710 710 710 710 710 710 718 718 718 718 718 718 71a 71a 7gl 7gl 7gl 7gl 7gl 7gl 7gn 7gn 7gn 7gn 7gn 7gn 8pp

Very easy deck to play. I fought against top-50 rainbows and won every time.
EDIT: Ok, after another 10+ matches I did lose once

- Poison opponent with Deadly Poison, Arsenic and Physalia
- Congeal nasty characters to buy time

« Last Edit: April 18, 2012, 12:30:31 am by willng3 »

Finale

Got Poison? https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=365.msg3096#msg3096
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2009, 10:09:48 pm »

when i'll have time and money i'll try it ;)

jplar

Got Poison? https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=365.msg3097#msg3097
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2009, 10:09:48 pm »

actually non-upgraded chyrsoaras(cant spell it) are better against firewall and procrastinaion shield, and one damage is not gamebreaking those are my personal opinions though

Scaredgirl

Got Poison? https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=365.msg3460#msg3460
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2009, 10:09:49 pm »

actually non-upgraded chyrsoaras(cant spell it) are better against firewall and procrastinaion shield, and one damage is not gamebreaking those are my personal opinions though
I thought about it. Fortunately those 2 shields are very rare in top-50 today. Everyone is using Bone Walls and Phase Shields, and Chrysaoras are good for taking out that Bone Wall so that Arsenic can poison the opponent.

And that 2 damage they do, it does add up. Two guys for 5 rounds and it's 10% of opponents health.

Got Poison? https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=365.msg3461#msg3461
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2009, 10:09:49 pm »

Lol, I like how you're coming up with theme decks, too. =D I made something like this once, but I found it rather drab. =/

Parabol

Got Poison? https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=365.msg3462#msg3462
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2009, 10:09:49 pm »

There's a few different poison decks to water/death I thought of:
1) Death/Aether: Spam Deadly Poison using Mark of Death to fuel, whilst stalling with Dimensional Shields and building up to using phase dragons in the event that they have Purify.
2) Water/Grav: Spam Pufferfish, put momentum on pufferfish, mark of gravity, probably go with water control methods (i.e. congeal) and keep deck size to 30, no grav pillars.
3) Water/Mark of Death: Main damage comes from Deadly Poison, with Arsenic as a weapon SOMETIMES providing a little more.  Puffer Fish are preferred over Chrysaora, although a few Chrys won't hurt, with Ice bolt included to finish off the enemy.  Again, limited to 30 cards so the death-fuelled cards will turn up early and do maximum damage.

That last is similar to this deck but...more aggressive, with less defence.
Of course, Poison is AWESOME because it is damage that cuts through shields and costs just 1 death, and so can be thrown into any mono deck by just adding mark of death.

Scaredgirl

Got Poison? https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=365.msg3463#msg3463
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2009, 10:09:49 pm »

There's a few different poison decks to water/death I thought of:
1) Death/Aether: Spam Deadly Poison using Mark of Death to fuel, whilst stalling with Dimensional Shields and building up to using phase dragons in the event that they have Purify.
2) Water/Grav: Spam Pufferfish, put momentum on pufferfish, mark of gravity, probably go with water control methods (i.e. congeal) and keep deck size to 30, no grav pillars.
3) Water/Mark of Death: Main damage comes from Deadly Poison, with Arsenic as a weapon SOMETIMES providing a little more.  Puffer Fish are preferred over Chrysaora, although a few Chrys won't hurt, with Ice bolt included to finish off the enemy.  Again, limited to 30 cards so the death-fuelled cards will turn up early and do maximum damage.

That last is similar to this deck but...more aggressive, with less defence.
Of course, Poison is AWESOME because it is damage that cuts through shields and costs just 1 death, and so can be thrown into any mono deck by just adding mark of death.

I don't like Puffer Fish that much. It's relatively expensive and has to HIT to poison. This means Sundial, Phase Shield, Boneyard, all of these make Puffer Fish useless. You can put momentum on him but Sundials still own him. Also with only 4 HP they are easy food for Otyughs.

Chrysaoras are easy to kill but they are cheap and can poison even if shields or Sundials are up.

I'm using 6 x Poison, 3 x Chysaoras and 2 x Arsenic which is usually enough poison to kill anyone.

Personally I think Water/Death is hands down the best combo to use when you want to poison someone.

Parabol

Got Poison? https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=365.msg3464#msg3464
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2009, 10:09:49 pm »

Yeah I agree, but poison makes a nice addition to any deck, simply because it requires that they draw purify or die.
It's one of the reasons (along with unstoppable force only being 1 grav) that I don't think "true" mono decks CAN be better than those which dabble in another Element.

Got Poison? https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=365.msg4784#msg4784
« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2009, 10:09:53 pm »

I did some tinkering with a Poison deck of my own, and then remembered that you had this post here...so I guess I'll just post it here instead of making a duplicate thread. ;D

Mark is WATER

You'll notice that I run six Physalia in this one. I've tinkered with fewer, but I think that this kills faster. Also, the one Arsenic isn't a game winner, it's just there for early game damage and poison, and it doesn't matter if it's stolen or destroyed. I built this more for speed, so there is no defence other than Congeals (damn Otyughs...). The Flesh Recluses are there for quick damage, and they are priority targets for the AI over my tiny 2/2 Physalia.

These are a just a few games that I won. Out of about 30 games, I only lost three due to HORRIBLY bad draws (no Towers, or no Congeals).

They Firestormed me. D:

Mostly a bad draw on their end, I think o-o

I love how shields don't stop poison...lovely. ^^

Not even Eternity can stop me! *laughs evily*

You'll notice that in these screenies, I had about 15 cards left in my deck, which was an average with all the games. That means that the game was usually won in around eight turns.

Honestly, after trying out a LOT of strange and ultimately crappy ideas, I think I might settle on a deck like this. I don't have the rares to make a better deck, and I don't have the patience to farm them, so I spent a couple hours trying to come up with decks that didn't require rares that I didn't have, and that were relatively cheap, fun, and effective.

Scaredgirl

Got Poison? https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=365.msg4785#msg4785
« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2009, 10:09:53 pm »

I did some tinkering with a Poison deck of my own, and then remembered that you had this post here...so I guess I'll just post it here instead of making a duplicate thread. ;D

Mark is WATER

You'll notice that I run six Physalia in this one. I've tinkered with fewer, but I think that this kills faster. Also, the one Arsenic isn't a game winner, it's just there for early game damage and poison, and it doesn't matter if it's stolen or destroyed. I built this more for speed, so there is no defence other than Congeals (damn Otyughs...). The Flesh Recluses are there for quick damage, and they are priority targets for the AI over my tiny 2/2 Physalia.

I disagree with a couple of things.

First of all, yes six Physalias kills faster. The more damage dealers you take, the faster you do damage. Unfortunately you also DIE faster. :)

6 x Congeal is only defense you have and I don't think it's nearly enough. You will be owned by all speed decks out there because poison just isn't fast enough. I used Bone Wall and Plague because I find it to be a very good combo. When you play Bone Wall just before opponent characters die, you will get a nice big Wall that will keep you alive until your opponent dies.

Arsenic is great for poison decks and I would never play with only one. It's very important to get Arsenic early on because you can get tons on poison on your opponent before he can do anything about it. If you play Arsenic later in the game, it will be destroyed/stolen as soon as you play it. I think 2-3 Arsenic in a deck of 30 is optimal.

Those 2 Flesh Recluses seems a bit random and out of place but I haven't tried them so I don't know for sure.

And about quantum usage.. you have 12 cards that use water quantum and only have a mark of water. That might be a bit much because most of your opening hands will have cards that you cannot play for a while.

Got Poison? https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=365.msg4786#msg4786
« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2009, 10:09:53 pm »

I disagree with a couple of things.

First of all, yes six Physalias kills faster. The more damage dealers you take, the faster you do damage. Unfortunately you also DIE faster. :)
Yes, I know. It's built for speed.

6 x Congeal is only defense you have and I don't think it's nearly enough. You will be owned by all speed decks out there because poison just isn't fast enough.
I beat Mono-Fire and Mono-Dark more often than not. Yes, one of the games I lost was against Mono-Dark, but I won all the rest. Perhaps I just got lucky?

I used Bone Wall and Plague because I find it to be a very good combo. When you play Bone Wall just before opponent characters die, you will get a nice big Wall that will keep you alive until your opponent dies.
I thought of that, but decided that it would only slow it down.

Arsenic is great for poison decks and I would never play with only one. It's very important to get Arsenic early on because you can get tons on poison on your opponent before he can do anything about it. If you play Arsenic later in the game, it will be destroyed/stolen as soon as you play it. I think 2-3 Arsenic in a deck of 30 is optimal.
I made this deck based on the rares I have. I only have one Arsenic.

Those 2 Flesh Recluses seems a bit random and out of place but I haven't tried them so I don't know for sure.
I said above that they are meant for quick damage and priority targets over my Physalia

And about quantum usage.. you have 12 cards that use water quantum and only have a mark of water. That might be a bit much because most of your opening hands will have cards that you cannot play for a while.
With each spell costing only one Water quantum, I've never had a problem with playing stuff. Sure, only one Physalia per turn, but that's really all you need.

I orignally ran Ivory Dragons instead of the Flesh recluses, but I found that I rarely had the quantum for them, so I switched. I tried it with Plague and Bonewall, but it was just too slow for me. I wanted a FAST deck. Look at the screenshots above; all of them have more than 20 poison counters before they died on or around turn eight. That's pretty fast for poison, I would think.

Ultimately, it's a preference. Killing faster, or surviving longer. It really just depends on your opponents.

Got Poison? https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=365.msg4787#msg4787
« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2009, 10:09:53 pm »

Okay, I've switched out the Phase Recluses for Improved Plagues, to see how it worked, but the problem is that they are really only effective when your opponent has plenty of creatures in play. They just don't kill fast enough, and the extra damage priority targets are just much more useful. Usually, by the time I have a chance to use a Plague or two, it's endgame.

anything
blarg: Scaredgirl