*Author

Offline TheManuzTopic starter

• Reputation Power: 18
  • TheManuz is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.TheManuz is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.TheManuz is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeBrawl #2 Winner - Team FireSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeVictor of the 2nd Card Design WarMS Master Painter #5The First Prophet
Aspect of Infinity | Aspect of Infinity https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=25142.msg320728#msg320728
« on: April 26, 2011, 11:10:56 pm »
NAME:
Aspect of Infinity
ELEMENT:
Time
COST:
5 :time
TYPE:
Permanent
ATK|HP:
TEXT:
Creatures and permanents destroyed and spells played go to the bottom of the deck of their owner.
NAME:
Aspect of Infinity
ELEMENT:
Time
COST:
4 :time
TYPE:
Permanent
ATK|HP:
***Insert att|hp (upgraded)***
TEXT:
ART:
TheManuz
IDEA:
TheManuz
NOTES:
While this permanent is in play, every creature killed goes to the bottom of its owner deck.
Same for every permanent destroyed and for every spell played.
Basically this card makes every deck endless.
The card itself is not affected by its own effect, even when multiple copies are in play.
SERIES:
I made this card because i like cards that really change the game.
I'm really sure it needs balancing, i did this pretty fast because i wanted to talk about this idea.
I'm also worried that somebody already thought a similar card, this is another reason i rushed to post it: to ask the community.
Time can totally take advantage of this card, drawing every turn. If opponent can't draw, at least he won't deck out!

Suggestions? Balancing? Strange loops that kill someone in 1 turn that i missed?

Offline Rutarete

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 72
  • Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.
  • Creativity should be nurtured.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeRuby Shard of DeckbuildingSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: Aspect of Infinity | Aspect of Infinity https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=25142.msg320779#msg320779
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2011, 12:21:07 am »
This murders Eternity in cold blood. (exaggerating to make a point)
I'd suggest a time limit. i think you can fit for X turns on the card.
my suggested time limit is 3 | 4 turns
It is the greatest mystery of all...
Rutarete: Roo tah reh teh
[22:50] <Jyi> meaning gets lost in translation... even in the same language.
My Decks

Hermis0

Re: Aspect of Infinity | Aspect of Infinity https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=25142.msg320817#msg320817
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2011, 12:55:12 am »
I hate this card.  Why?  Because I like decking my opponent!  This would be just plumb irritating.

The problem you will have is stalemates.  Without decking, something has to give way.

I'm thinking it needs a correction, but I like how clean and precise it is already.  Maybe it continues in play as long as players are taking damage?  I don't know, tough one.

Flayne

Re: Aspect of Infinity | Aspect of Infinity https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=25142.msg320932#msg320932
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2011, 03:15:27 am »
I believe the only thing this needs is a high upkeep rate like Inundation.
say 3 :time per turn.

Since Hourglassing and rewinding (eternity) isn't always cheap, an upkeep cost should balance it fairly well, I see nothing else as a better solution, adding complicated functions aren't always the answer, in this case Aspect of infinity.

• TheManuz is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.TheManuz is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.TheManuz is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeBrawl #2 Winner - Team FireSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeVictor of the 2nd Card Design WarMS Master Painter #5The First Prophet
Re: Aspect of Infinity | Aspect of Infinity https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=25142.msg321067#msg321067
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2011, 09:23:15 am »
This murders Eternity in cold blood. (exaggerating to make a point)
I'd suggest a time limit. i think you can fit for X turns on the card.
my suggested time limit is 3 | 4 turns
I don't know, i feel that this way the whole "infinity" thing goes wasted. Also, i cannot see how Eternity is killed by this card.
I mean, Eternity doesn't kill, and the main effect is making the opponent skip a drawing turn This card doesn't interfere.
Am I missing something?

I hate this card.  Why?  Because I like decking my opponent!  This would be just plumb irritating.

The problem you will have is stalemates.  Without decking, something has to give way.

I'm thinking it needs a correction, but I like how clean and precise it is already.  Maybe it continues in play as long as players are taking damage?  I don't know, tough one.
Stalemate, you're right. This is a problem that must be solved. I'll think of it.

I believe the only thing this needs is a high upkeep rate like Inundation.
say 3 :time per turn.

Since Hourglassing and rewinding (eternity) isn't always cheap, an upkeep cost should balance it fairly well, I see nothing else as a better solution, adding complicated functions aren't always the answer, in this case Aspect of infinity.
Upkeep is a possibility. The other thing that i was thinking is some damage every time the effect take place. Something like 2 HP damage for every card "recycled" (for both players).
So, if a player draws more and plays more, it also recycle more and lose more life.

What do you think?

Offline Bieber4Ever98

• Reputation Power: 5
  • Bieber4Ever98 is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • I'm interested in this game.
Re: Aspect of Infinity | Aspect of Infinity https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=25142.msg321085#msg321085
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2011, 11:25:29 am »
I have an idea in Crucible with the same principle of using the bottom of the deck. Here it is the Time Portal | Portal of Eternity.
 (http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,17727.0.html)

But my version has an upkeep and the ability to draw the bottom card. That card had went through a lot of refinement and i could point out why the same would be needed here.

The flaws of this card would be,
    It is completely useless in most games. It only makes a difference after you draw out your entire deck which is minimum of 30 cards. Until then this card doesn't do anything.In cases where it becomes useful it is extremely overpowered. It allows both players to continuosly use the same spell every turn and just keep repeating this action which can cause a lot of inconsistencies in game with a lot of cards. In these situations the cost of this card is godly cheap for what it does.It affects opponent and this card in any of the players deck could cause extremely long or impossible to finish games. Imagine if any of the player having Phase Shield, it can be chained infinitely long.
In conclusion, this is a highly situational card which when comes into effect can be extremely overpowered, beneficial to opponent and invincible with combination of certain cards. It would be a very frowned upon card if it is added into the game.

The solution to fixing this card would be,
    Making it able to draw the bottom card in someway. This would make it a useful card in many decks and not just make difference after someone draws out their entire deck.Making it only affect creatures. Since repeated spell casts can be totally gamebreaking. Summoning permanents like Sundial and Phase Shield over and over is also gamebreaking. Giving it an upkeep is a meaningful change. It works like a weaker reverse time whenever something is dead.
But by fixing these problems you will probably end up with a card that is same as mine. Even the names are very similar.

But if you really like your idea you can continue with it.
My real-life sucks. So i come online to compensate that.

Flayne

Re: Aspect of Infinity | Aspect of Infinity https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=25142.msg321141#msg321141
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2011, 01:34:21 pm »
Upkeep is a possibility. The other thing that i was thinking is some damage every time the effect take place. Something like 2 HP damage for every card "recycled" (for both players).
So, if a player draws more and plays more, it also recycle more and lose more life.

What do you think?
Hmm, judging from the similarity to NikV's card, I would say that its either your idea of hp recycling or upkeep costs, but its your choice, though it needs a slightly different effect added to it, since its too similar to NikV's card.
We could possibly apply both an upkeep of 1-2 :time each turn and add the hp recycle cost, so then in most cases it prevent's self destruction, also the hp cost can sync very well with dune scorpions aswell, I don't see why not.
I like the idea of adding both a normal upkeep cost and an hp cost.  :)

Re: Aspect of Infinity | Aspect of Infinity https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=25142.msg321474#msg321474
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2011, 10:20:01 pm »
I thought about it, i think that even adding the HP cost for "recycle" is not enough to prevent stalemate.
After that, Nik_V card, Time portal, is really similar and i think is not fair to push this idea because of this.
For this reason, i think i'll let this card go, until (if ever) i come to an idea that make this concept different enough, but gives the feeling of infinity (that was the main reason i did it!).

Until then, if someone wants to use my art has only to ask for it!

Offline artimies7

• Reputation Power: 24
  • artimies7 is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.artimies7 is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.artimies7 is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.artimies7 is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.
  • Effectively Super
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake
Re: Aspect of Infinity | Aspect of Infinity https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=25142.msg321521#msg321521
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2011, 11:28:26 pm »
Unless this is already dead, perhaps this could be the text: Any card used or destroyed is put back in the player's deck. Subtract 3-9 hp each card. This would help this problem:
The problem you will have is stalemates.
Maybe it continues in play as long as players are taking damage?
And it almost definitely would have to be either upkeep or +cost.
Donuts, Noodles, or Bacon?
Whitewalleries! | Noodles, to Victory!

Offline Rutarete

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 72
  • Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.
  • Creativity should be nurtured.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeRuby Shard of DeckbuildingSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: Aspect of Infinity | Aspect of Infinity https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=25142.msg321921#msg321921
« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2011, 04:30:53 pm »
Unless this is already dead, perhaps this could be the text: Any card used or destroyed is put back in the player's deck. Subtract 3-9 hp each card. This would help this problem:
The problem you will have is stalemates.
Maybe it continues in play as long as players are taking damage?
And it almost definitely would have to be either upkeep or +cost.
Taking hp per card would, with all the CC used, be OP, killing too fast. Having an upkeep would mean this stays on the field until destroyed, and i feel the hp per card is too much for that.
So instead of an upkeep or adding cost, give it a time limit like dim. shield.
It is the greatest mystery of all...
Rutarete: Roo tah reh teh
[22:50] <Jyi> meaning gets lost in translation... even in the same language.
My Decks

Hermis0

Re: Aspect of Infinity | Aspect of Infinity https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=25142.msg321933#msg321933
« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2011, 04:49:20 pm »
I see no reason to drop the card.

And I don't think reducing a player's max HP is OP.  But the point about regenerating Spells and Permanents is well taken.

I would change the text to:

When creatures are destroyed, they go to the bottom of their owner's deck.  Each turn, each player's maximum health is reduced by 2.

This gives the card a dual purpose.  It would stall for a very long time, and it gives an interesting strategy to players using Shard of Divinity and Stone Skin.  But I don't think it would break the game at all.

Re: Aspect of Infinity | Aspect of Infinity https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=25142.msg321944#msg321944
« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2011, 05:08:45 pm »
Taking hp per card would, with all the CC used, be OP, killing too fast. Having an upkeep would mean this stays on the field until destroyed, and i feel the hp per card is too much for that.
So instead of an upkeep or adding cost, give it a time limit like dim. shield.
Mhhh... i'm not sure it would be OP. Remember that it's double sided.
So, even opponent can use its effect to his advantage.
Also, in the long run this would balance the drawing power of time: more drawing, more playing, more HP spent.

I see no reason to drop the card.

And I don't think reducing a player's max HP is OP.  But the point about regenerating Spells and Permanents is well taken.

I would change the text to:

When creatures are destroyed, they go to the bottom of their owner's deck.  Each turn, each player's maximum health is reduced by 2.

This gives the card a dual purpose.  It would stall for a very long time, and it gives an interesting strategy to players using Shard of Divinity and Stone Skin.  But I don't think it would break the game at all.
I did not considered lowering maximum health, but i must admit this is the breaker of a stalemate.
But i would not give up with permanents and spells, this is the interesting part of this card!

Maybe i should consider to split this card into three cards that recycle spells, creatures and permanents.
What do you think?

EDIT: Also, i think that recycling creatures should be a  :death card.
Recycling spells should be a  :aether card.
And recycling permanents a  :time card.

blarg: