*Author

Offline HyroenTopic starter

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 52
  • Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.
  • like. follow. tweet.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeWar #10 Winner - Team AirSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSilver DonorSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSkill of the Elemental : Mark of ProtectionWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
[Official] Thunderstorm | Lightning Storm https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=12797.msg162127#msg162127
« on: September 21, 2010, 01:03:02 am »
Does anyone really even use these?

I say they be buffed in the following way, it should disable permanents (http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,7206.0.html) as well, with of course an increase in price. It may see more use than as a Malignant Cell killer or an Eternal Phoenix tool.

Discuss.

POLL:
If you have more options for the poll please post them, they will be added. Votes will not be reset. It is each individual's responsibility to see the flux of options that go through this thread and to see with which idea they side the most.

« Last Edit: April 17, 2015, 10:35:26 pm by Treldon »
WAR X - TEAM :air AIR

[EtG Council]   |   [Card Ideas & Art]   |   [Guilds]

Offline ddevans96

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 113
  • ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • now palafrost
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSilver Donor9th Trials - Master of WaterSlice of Elements 6th Birthday Cake8th Trials - Master of WaterSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeWinner of the Harry Potter PvP House CupSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: Thunderstorm | Lightning Storm https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=12797.msg162137#msg162137
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2010, 01:14:30 am »
I think it should deal 1 to all ground creatures and 2 to all airborne creatures. My logic is that airborne creatures would be a lot higher and closer to the lightning, and more likely to get hit. This might also give it some use in recluse/wings decks.
discord / twitter: palafrost - 2x master of water - false god enthusiast
twitch: palafrost - speedrunner, ex-celeste, currently hades
avatar: makoto [persona 5] by asukabaka

harry959

Re: Thunderstorm | Lightning Storm https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=12797.msg162138#msg162138
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2010, 01:16:15 am »
I think it should deal 1 to all ground creatures and 2 to all airborne creatures. My logic is that airborne creatures would be a lot higher and closer to the lightning, and more likely to get hit. This might also give it some use in recluse/wings decks.
Well for two quanta, it can be spamed. So 3 damage to every creature for 6 quanta, seems fairly reasonable. but his idea would be interesting. Maybe also take away the airborne ability since lightning would fry the wings off of them.

Offline HyroenTopic starter

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 52
  • Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.
  • like. follow. tweet.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeWar #10 Winner - Team AirSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSilver DonorSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSkill of the Elemental : Mark of ProtectionWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: Thunderstorm | Lightning Storm https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=12797.msg162141#msg162141
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2010, 01:19:54 am »
Lol. I think that's what I was thinking of when I put that option in the polls. Thanks for catching it ;)
WAR X - TEAM :air AIR

[EtG Council]   |   [Card Ideas & Art]   |   [Guilds]

Offline ddevans96

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 113
  • ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • now palafrost
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSilver Donor9th Trials - Master of WaterSlice of Elements 6th Birthday Cake8th Trials - Master of WaterSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeWinner of the Harry Potter PvP House CupSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: Thunderstorm | Lightning Storm https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=12797.msg162143#msg162143
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2010, 01:22:28 am »
Well for two quanta, it can be spamed. So 3 damage to every creature for 6 quanta, seems fairly reasonable. but his idea would be interesting. Maybe also take away the airborne ability since lightning would fry the wings off of them.
Raise the price of course ;)

EDIT:
Lol. I think that's what I was thinking of when I put that option in the polls. Thanks for catching it ;)
Oh, that's really what you meant? Cool, I had no idea.
discord / twitter: palafrost - 2x master of water - false god enthusiast
twitch: palafrost - speedrunner, ex-celeste, currently hades
avatar: makoto [persona 5] by asukabaka

Retribution

Re: Thunderstorm | Lightning Storm https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=12797.msg162149#msg162149
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2010, 01:37:54 am »
Well, what happens if you get hit by lightning?
Maybe all creatures hit by lightning storm get delayed for one turn?

zse

Re: Thunderstorm | Lightning Storm https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=12797.msg162281#msg162281
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2010, 08:12:58 am »
Change it. It should deal 2 damage to every Airborne creature and 1 damage to all else.
I voted that. I also like the idea of "fry the wings of airborne creatures" by harry 959, but I'd change that just a little bit. I think it shouldn't automatically take airborne ability away, but instead there could be a certain chance for that to happen on each creature - maybe 50%, or some another number.

PS. Doesn't the wordings every Airborne creature and all else change it so that creatures from both sides are affected, and not just the enemy creatures like it used to be. I'd still vote for that, but I just wanted to make sure whether you did actually mean that it would be changed to unupped-Pandemonium-style effect.

Offline RavingRabbid

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 85
  • RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Lord Seagull
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeDeckbuilding Competition: The Face of Mother NatureSlice of Elements 6th Birthday Cake7th Trials - Master of WaterWinner of Warrior's Preparation - PvP Event14 Club - Most Expensive Players during War AuctionWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeTeam PVP #1 Winner5th Trials - Master of Water3rd Trials - Master of WaterChampionship League 3/2011 WinnerWinner of 2nd Off-Topic Quiz LeagueWinner of 2nd Element Quiz LeagueWinner of 1st Off-Topic Quiz LeagueWinner of 1st Element Quiz LeagueChampionship League 2/2011 WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake3-Man Team PvP #1 Winner
Re: Thunderstorm | Lightning Storm https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=12797.msg162341#msg162341
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2010, 12:50:44 pm »
I think that's fine as is. It's just Rain of Fire that's horribly powerful.

Probably, a usable buff would be generating 1 or 2 Ball Lightnings on use.
There are things worse than eating tuna directly from the tin

Offline catalyzeme

• Reputation Power: 0
  • catalyzeme is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • New to Elements
  • Awards: War #3 Winner - Team Fire
Re: Thunderstorm | Lightning Storm https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=12797.msg162486#msg162486
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2010, 06:38:45 pm »
I like the 2 damage to airborne creatures idea. Airborne still feels like it's not fully integrated into the game. Unless someone plays one specific card (Wings), it is entirely irrelevant, and I do think this card is underpowered, though just slightly. Wings is a mono card but it really requires  :death or  :aether to work really effectively, since so many creatures are airborne. Obviously if airborne creatures were extremely easy to get rid of, Wings would be overpowered, but Thunderstorm doing 1 extra damage to airborne creatures seems like a reasonable buff.

Offline willng3

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 77
  • willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Your tears are delicious
  • Awards: 10th Trials - Master of LifeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeWar Correspondent Competition - WinnnerWeekly Tournament Winner6th Trials - Master of LifeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake5th Trials - Master of Life4th Trials - Master of LifeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday CakeShort Story: Rare Mythology Competition Winner
Re: Thunderstorm | Lightning Storm https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=12797.msg162555#msg162555
« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2010, 09:52:03 pm »
Lol...AI3 already annoys me enough with this card, I would hate to see my creatures get slammed harder than they already are ;).  The disabling airborne effect seems like a pretty good idea, but I would be sad to see the abilities of phase/flesh recluse lose any and all usefulness they may have once held :(.
"If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals"

Forum reigned by my mixtape

Dan43

Re: Thunderstorm | Lightning Storm https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=12797.msg170073#msg170073
« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2010, 11:04:09 pm »
I would like no cost - it would be used much for often, then.

th1s1sr4nd0m

Re: Thunderstorm | Lightning Storm https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=12797.msg188260#msg188260
« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2010, 08:34:58 am »
Make it into a weapon and give it a name like 'Thunder Spear' or something. It would then be like an Owl's Eye. So it's a difficult choice if I want to add something that does 3 dmg per hit or 1dmg for lots of hits... But maybe increase use cost to 4.

Or....

You can make it into a creature. Fire has Phoenix, Air has Thunder Bird... Lol.

Then It could use Thunderstorm for 4-5 quanta? Either Increase Card Cost or Increase Spell Cost.

blarg: