*Author

Offline EmeraldTiger

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 61
  • EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!
  • :life :aether
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: Card Idea Engine (Communal Card Creation) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=17219.msg251921#msg251921
« Reply #168 on: January 19, 2011, 03:39:57 pm »
Here is the idea Shard | Shard of Home - Permanent
The element of all cards you control now match your mark. Consume all quanta matching your mark.
Notes: All pillars and pendulums now produce quanta matching your mark.
All costs now match your mark.
If Nowhere is Somewhere, and Somewhere is Over there, How can we be Anywhere?
:life :aether

Offline EmeraldTiger

• Legendary Member
  • EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: Card Idea Engine (Communal Card Creation) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=17219.msg252001#msg252001
« Reply #169 on: January 19, 2011, 05:49:32 pm »
would this be better?

Grant Time cost 6 :time This spell consumes remaining time quanta.
Creature gains 4  :time Send Past: Target creature becomes original form.

Infuse Time cost 6 :time This spell consumes remaining time quanta.
Creature gains 4  :time Send Future: Target creature becomes its upgraded form.
change this idea to a spell
I think both are = in power so they should have the same cost.
Send to Past: Target creature becomes original form.
This would turn any creature to its original unupped just played form. If it is a mutant the mutation is removed and any buffs or status effects.

Send to Future: Target creature becomes its upgraded form.
This would turn any creature to its original upped just played form. If it is a mutant the mutation is removed and any buffs or status effects.

here is my new idea for  :darkness :darkness :darkness

Grant Darkness cost 3 :darkness
Creature gains 3 :darkness Ninja: creature is unblock-able.

Infuse Darkness cost 5 :darkness
Creature gains 4 :darkness Shadow Ninja: creature is unblock-able and poison.
I also would like to develop this
This one may also be doable http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,12550.msg168582#msg168582
The rest would have to be completely new.

Offline OldTreesTopic starter

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 114
  • OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • I was available for questions.
  • Awards: Brawl #2 Winner - Team FireTeam Card Design Winner
Re: Card Idea Engine (Communal Card Creation) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=17219.msg252044#msg252044
« Reply #170 on: January 19, 2011, 07:47:21 pm »
Brainstorming for a new "problem/puzzle" to solve will begin on Friday.
the problems/puzzles suggested should be:
1) Fixable with new cards [The CCC creates cards]
2) Solution unknown [We don't solve solved puzzles in the CCC]
3) Large scale [No counter card X puzzles will be accepted. Counter card type X is iffy and would require a good argument]
4) Valuable [The CCC wants to improve the game not just change it]
5) Interesting [This will be determined by a vote later]
"It is common sense to listen to the wisdom of the wise. The wise are marked by their readiness to listen to the wisdom of the fool."
"Nothing exists that cannot be countered." -OldTrees on indirect counters
Ask the Idea Guru: http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,32272.0.htm

Offline ZephyrPhantom

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 101
  • ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeFlavour Text Revival Competition - WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: Card Idea Engine (Communal Card Creation) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=17219.msg252116#msg252116
« Reply #171 on: January 19, 2011, 09:49:21 pm »
The element of all cards you control now match your mark. Consume all quanta matching your mark.
Great art! This shard would have to be really expensive though. Imagine Nova + this.

@ET about greenman777's suggestion:

:time  : wasn't this suggested before? I was planning to make a card of my own about this (it was going to be a  :rainbow spell) and planned to use the upgrade arrow as the picture. May I make my version as a standalone card first?

:darkness  Unupped is UP momentum, and Upped is OP momentum.

Flayne

Re: Card Idea Engine (Communal Card Creation) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=17219.msg252155#msg252155
« Reply #172 on: January 19, 2011, 10:58:09 pm »
whoa!! thats one Funky shard  :P

Offline EmeraldTiger

• Legendary Member
Re: Card Idea Engine (Communal Card Creation) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=17219.msg252681#msg252681
« Reply #173 on: January 20, 2011, 06:42:04 pm »
I thought of another idea for a series
"Out Of" Series
Out of Time
Out of Mind
Out of Darkness
Out of Control
Out of Water
Out of Ground
Out of Breath
Out of Sight
Out of Power
Out of Bounds
Out of Nowhere
Out Of Dreams

Offline Nepycros

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 32
  • Nepycros is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Nepycros is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Nepycros is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Nepycros is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Nepycros is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Nepycros is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.
  • My creativity was OP, so I had to nerf it.
Re: Card Idea Engine (Communal Card Creation) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=17219.msg252683#msg252683
« Reply #174 on: January 20, 2011, 06:43:24 pm »
Well, here's how I interpret it.

It devestates the opponent's specific quanta pool? You play "Out of Time" and the opponent's :time quanta is completely swapped into other elements?
Perception is the source of misunderstanding.

Why, yes. I do have a Mindgate necklace. It's how I ninja everyone.

Offline OldTreesTopic starter

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 114
  • OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • I was available for questions.
  • Awards: Brawl #2 Winner - Team FireTeam Card Design Winner
Re: Card Idea Engine (Communal Card Creation) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=17219.msg252685#msg252685
« Reply #175 on: January 20, 2011, 06:51:56 pm »
Before we carried away with new ideas, let us try to focus our creative energy on figuring out what can be improved in Elements. From there we will have balanced, interesting and useful series
"It is common sense to listen to the wisdom of the wise. The wise are marked by their readiness to listen to the wisdom of the fool."
"Nothing exists that cannot be countered." -OldTrees on indirect counters
Ask the Idea Guru: http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,32272.0.htm

Re: Card Idea Engine (Communal Card Creation) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=17219.msg252686#msg252686
« Reply #176 on: January 20, 2011, 06:53:26 pm »
@EmeraldTiger

I don't see how any of these cards could be useful unless you knew your opponent's mark. It's just too situational. If there was a card that switched your opponents mark, or something like that then this card would be much more useful. As it is, you would need to take 12 cards (one of each element) to have a 100% chance of actually using one of them. It is just too bulky.

How about a card that affects the quanta type with the most quanta, i.e. if they had 15  :aether and 4 :entropy, it would affect the  :aether quanta ?

Offline EmeraldTiger

• Legendary Member
Re: Card Idea Engine (Communal Card Creation) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=17219.msg252691#msg252691
« Reply #177 on: January 20, 2011, 06:59:08 pm »
Great art! This shard would have to be really expensive though. Imagine Nova + this.

@ET about greenman777's suggestion:

:time  : wasn't this suggested before? I was planning to make a card of my own about this (it was going to be a  :rainbow spell) and planned to use the upgrade arrow as the picture. May I make my version as a standalone card first?

:darkness  Unupped is UP momentum, and Upped is OP momentum.
Well I guess I not afraid to let everyone know any more. I was greenman777.

@EmeraldTiger

I don't see how any of these cards could be useful unless you knew your opponent's mark. It's just too situational. If there was a card that switched your opponents mark, or something like that then this card would be much more useful. As it is, you would need to take 12 cards (one of each element) to have a 100% chance of actually using one of them. It is just too bulky.

How about a card that affects the quanta type with the most quanta, i.e. if they had 15  :aether and 4 :entropy, it would affect the  :aether quanta ?
I only suggested the names, I didn't provide any concept to go with them.

Re: Card Idea Engine (Communal Card Creation) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=17219.msg252692#msg252692
« Reply #178 on: January 20, 2011, 07:00:42 pm »
@EmeraldTiger

I only suggested the names, I didn't provide any concept to go with them.
Sorry, I should have directed that at Nepycros

Offline Nepycros

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 32
  • Nepycros is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Nepycros is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Nepycros is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Nepycros is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Nepycros is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Nepycros is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.
  • My creativity was OP, so I had to nerf it.
Re: Card Idea Engine (Communal Card Creation) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=17219.msg252693#msg252693
« Reply #179 on: January 20, 2011, 07:07:46 pm »
*has been directed at*

Back to OldTrees, deciding what this game needs starts with running clueless, and eventually building off of a couple of the many ideas we come up with. The key to any card designing is
1. Understanding the problem
2. Brainstorming
3. Brainstorming
4. Brainstorming
~
9. Deciding on a concept that fits into a Design Matrix
10. Finding a thematic approach to fit the ability itself
11. Balancing
12. Introducing to community
13. Receiving feedback
14. Making appropriate changes
15. Repeat #13 until all changes necessary are complete.
16. Putting in Crucible.

Since we're still on Steps 1 and 2, it's good for Emeraldtiger to suggest that series. After all, we don't know exactly what this game needs, so the best we can do is Brainstorm.

*Is taking an Engineering class, so used his training as a basis for this table*
Perception is the source of misunderstanding.

Why, yes. I do have a Mindgate necklace. It's how I ninja everyone.

anything
blarg: