*Author

Offline doublecross

• Reputation Power: 9
  • doublecross is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • Did you miss me?
Re: Stopwatch | Stopwatch https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=27379.msg366276#msg366276
« Reply #12 on: July 15, 2011, 03:50:17 am »
I say don't lower the cost. Partially because I agree with what was just said, and partially because I hate how almost every new card tries to be in the top 50% most powerful.
I would welcome new cards that are slightly UP, for they add complexity without necessarily forcing strategy changes for established players.
That which can be destroyed by the truth should be. Speak the truth even when your voice falters.

Offline RutareteTopic starter

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 72
  • Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.
  • Creativity should be nurtured.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeRuby Shard of DeckbuildingSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: Stopwatch | Stopwatch https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=27379.msg367460#msg367460
« Reply #13 on: July 17, 2011, 05:52:35 pm »
This will be put on hold for 3 weeks for RL activities.
It is the greatest mystery of all...
Rutarete: Roo tah reh teh
[22:50] <Jyi> meaning gets lost in translation... even in the same language.
My Decks

Offline Qwandri

• Reputation Power: 5
  • Qwandri is a Spark waiting for a buff.
Re: Stopwatch | Stopwatch https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=27379.msg367522#msg367522
« Reply #14 on: July 17, 2011, 08:12:52 pm »
This is quite an entertaining idea, but I'm not sure it'd get much use, because by the time you get enough quanta to consistently delay the enemy's creatures, you might not need the quanta produced by this card. I do see some uses, but my problem is with eventual efficiency.
Strike that, reverse it.

• Legendary Member
  • Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeRuby Shard of DeckbuildingSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: Stopwatch | Stopwatch https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=27379.msg377092#msg377092
« Reply #15 on: August 08, 2011, 03:33:06 am »
This is quite an entertaining idea, but I'm not sure it'd get much use, because by the time you get enough quanta to consistently delay the enemy's creatures, you might not need the quanta produced by this card. I do see some uses, but my problem is with eventual efficiency.
If you want consistent delay with this card, add Silence, Dim. Shield or Turtle Shield, etc. Unless It's in the Arena at an FG level or just plainly mid-late game, I don't think you'd be able to use it consistently much. But don't forget that those 3 turns of delay save you the time to use the next one.
Is the cost too high?
My Decks

Offline The_Mormegil

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 32
  • The_Mormegil is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.The_Mormegil is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.The_Mormegil is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.The_Mormegil is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.The_Mormegil is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.The_Mormegil is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.
  • Intelligence is overrated.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWar #5 Winner - Team AetherTeam PvP WinnerNew Slot Winner - FamiliarDeadly Sin Winner - GluttonyFirst Budosei of BudokanWinner of Revive the Archive
Re: Stopwatch | Stopwatch https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=27379.msg377136#msg377136
« Reply #16 on: August 08, 2011, 07:52:07 am »
Let's try to approach this a bit more mathematically...

This produces two quanta for every activation. Every card delaying or frozing something activates this twice, effectively netting 4 quanta (over time). To produce 4 quanta (of two different elements) every turn this would need to cost 3 / 2. But, the request for an additional card to start the combo requires a cost reduction of -1 to -2. The possibility to activate this more than once per turn and the fact that quanta is generated over time rather than all together I think balance out, as this is not really an accelerator. In fact, this might qualify as a "stall quanta generator" (which the IF has been searching for a bit now). I'd price it at 2 / 1 or even 1 / 0, it should be tested to see how it plays out.
[18:21:43] jmdt: elements is just math over top of a GUI
Kakerlake: I believe that there is no God as in something that can think by itself and does stuff that sounds way OP.

Offline Xenocidius

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 49
  • Xenocidius is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Xenocidius is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Xenocidius is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Xenocidius is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Xenocidius is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Xenocidius is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Xenocidius is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Xenocidius is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Xenocidius is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.
  • Fear the Darkness ...
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeFavorite Community Member of 2011Weekly Tournament WinnerWinner of Design a Competition Competition
Re: Stopwatch | Stopwatch https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=27379.msg445117#msg445117
« Reply #17 on: January 04, 2012, 08:13:51 am »
CURATOR COMMENT
  • The card table must match the card text exactly. That means elemental icons must be in the correct order, to pick a 'random' example.
Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.

Offline Elbirn

• Reputation Power: 13
  • Elbirn is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.Elbirn is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeThe Age of Random Cards Competition - Winner
Re: Stopwatch | Stopwatch https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=27379.msg445397#msg445397
« Reply #18 on: January 04, 2012, 09:35:34 pm »
I second making this card cost 1 or even 0 quanta.

I have basically no knowledge, thoughtful insight, or maffs to dazzle you with. But an example: Soulcatcher is a 0 quanta cost card that generates  :death :death quanta whenever a creature dies. Stopwatch generates  :aether :time whenever something is delayed.

In both instances, there is a net gain of 2 quanta in return for fulfilling a condition of some sort.

....Soooo why not make the card cost 0? Seems more than fair to me, and honestly I doubt I'd want to use this card when it has such a relatively high price and (imo) little use.
:air Team Air War#7 :air
:air Team Air War#6 :air
:darkness Founding member of Darkness Guild :darkness

• Legendary Member
Re: Stopwatch | Stopwatch https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=27379.msg445405#msg445405
« Reply #19 on: January 04, 2012, 09:52:37 pm »

I have basically no knowledge, thoughtful insight, or maffs to dazzle you with. But an example: Soulcatcher is a 0 quanta cost card that generates  :death :death quanta whenever a creature dies. Stopwatch generates  :aether :time whenever something is delayed.

In both instances, there is a net gain of 2 quanta in return for fulfilling a condition of some sort.

....Soooo why not make the card cost 0? Seems more than fair to me, and honestly I doubt I'd want to use this card when it has such a relatively high price and (imo) little use.
Soul Catcher is a good example for comparison. By 'maffs' do you mean 'Wall of math text'?
Stopwatch produces a duo-output. Soul Catcher produces a mono-output. Doesn't the duo warrant +cost? Also, if the unupped cost 0, what change would you make for the upgraded? The same as Soul Catcher?
My Decks

Offline ZephyrPhantom

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 101
  • ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeFlavour Text Revival Competition - WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: Stopwatch | Stopwatch https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=27379.msg445416#msg445416
« Reply #20 on: January 04, 2012, 10:06:23 pm »

Soul Catcher is a good example for comparison. By 'maffs' do you mean 'Wall of math text'?
Stopwatch produces a duo-output. Soul Catcher produces a mono-output. Doesn't the duo warrant +cost? Also, if the unupped cost 0, what change would you make for the upgraded? The same as Soul Catcher?
While it does warrant +cost for being a duo, that gets balanced by the fact that it's more situational than Soul Catcher (which can run pure mono and works with more cards) and that it forces a duo to be fully effective. I'd recommend changing the cost to 1  :time | 1  :rainbow .

• Legendary Member
Re: Stopwatch | Stopwatch https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=27379.msg445429#msg445429
« Reply #21 on: January 04, 2012, 10:25:31 pm »
Of these following, which cost do you prefer? is best?
1. 2 :time | 1 :time
2. 1 :time | 0
3. 1 :time | 1 :rainbow
My Decks

Offline Elbirn

• Reputation Power: 13
  • Elbirn is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.Elbirn is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeThe Age of Random Cards Competition - Winner
Re: Stopwatch | Stopwatch https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=27379.msg445467#msg445467
« Reply #22 on: January 05, 2012, 12:14:03 am »
Option 2, definitely.
:air Team Air War#7 :air
:air Team Air War#6 :air
:darkness Founding member of Darkness Guild :darkness

• Legendary Member
Re: Stopwatch | Stopwatch https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=27379.msg445957#msg445957
« Reply #23 on: January 05, 2012, 10:08:26 pm »
The most common so far is 2 | 1, so I'll probably update it later today.
My Decks

blarg: