*Author

Offline kevTopic starter

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 54
  • kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.
  • Ungrounded
  • Awards: Winner of Team PvP #5Master of Multipliers - Scorgasm WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeChampionship League 1/2010 3rd PlaceWeekly Tournament Winner2nd Trials - Master of FireFavorite Staff Member of 2011Weekly Tournament WinnerMVP of Draft #2Make a Quiz winnerTeam PvP #3 WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday CakeWeekly PvP Tournament WinnerWeekly PvP Tournament WinnerWar #1 Winner - Team Fire
kevkev60614 2 - jmizzle 1 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=7707.msg86085#msg86085
« on: June 08, 2010, 10:48:23 pm »
kevkev60614
Code: [Select]
52q 595 5f6 5f6 5f6 5f9 5f9 5f9 5f9 5f9 5f9 5fb 5fc 5fc 5fc 5fc 5fc 5fc 5i7 5og 5og 5rk 5ur 61p 61p 61p 61p 61p 61p 61q
OMG upset?

Not really.  The Mizz said in chat after that he predicted my exact deck and I believe him.  He also said that some elements will do better than others in this format, and I believe he's right that anyone betting against Team Fire needs to get their head examined.

Mine is a pretty standard phoenix rush deck put together by Team Fire's Most Exalted Leader.  Mad props.

The Mizz had a pretty awesome strategy of antimattering and then quinting my phoenixes so I couldn't immo them, and it worked the first game.  He also quinted a maxwell and brought my other bird down every other turn.  He slayed me with 1 hp left, and the peanut gallery went wild.

The second game he was short on quints so I got to rewind my phoenix and rage his maxwell.

The third game I got three birds out pretty fast and there was just nothing that could be done.

Offline Antagon

• Reputation Power: 13
  • Antagon is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.Antagon is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • New to Elements
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday Cake
Re: kevkev60614 2 - jmizzle7 1 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=7707.msg86086#msg86086
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2010, 10:53:39 pm »
not many bet on you, i always knew ...

gogo fire!

:fire :fire :fire  :fire :fire :fire  :fire :fire :fire    :fire :fire :fire  :fire :fire :fire  :fire :fire :fire    :fire :fire :fire  :fire :fire :fire  :fire :fire :fire

Kurohami

Re: kevkev60614 2 - jmizzle 1 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=7707.msg86119#msg86119
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2010, 11:37:24 pm »
Jimizzle defeated, again? That is unbelievable!

Offline jmizzle7

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 34
  • jmizzle7 is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.jmizzle7 is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.jmizzle7 is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.jmizzle7 is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.jmizzle7 is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.jmizzle7 is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.
  • I'm kind of a big deal. People know me.
  • Awards: Weekly Tournament WinnerSS Competition #1 1stCard Design Competition Winner
Re: kevkev60614 2 - jmizzle 1 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=7707.msg86154#msg86154
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2010, 12:30:39 am »
jmizzle7
4vc 4vc 4vc 4vc 4vc 4vc 4vc 4vc 4vc 4vc 4vc 4vc 4vc 4vc 4vc 4vd 4vd 4vd 4ve 4ve 4vf 4vf 4vl 4vl 4vl 4vl 4vn 4vn 4vn 4vn 621 621 621 621
Despite the fact that I predicted kevkev's deck almost card for card during testing, I had to take a bit of a handicap when we made a change to another deck and I had to sacrifice some of mine to allow the other player to use cards I had planned on using. I still felt moderately good about my chances, but I knew it would still be very reliant on the quality of kevkev's draws. Fire is one of Entropy's worst matchups, so I felt I did pretty well preparing for this deck, even if it was an uphill battle. As I said before, some elements are better equipped for war than others, and 18x immolation in a team's vault assures maximum redundancy for fire-based rainbow decks (arguably the best unupped pvp deck out there). Fire is a force to be reckoned with, and would probably win the war if Earth wasn't so stacked.

'Again'? I'm pretty sure this is the first battle of the war.

MrBlonde

Re: kevkev60614 2 - jmizzle 1 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=7707.msg86177#msg86177
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2010, 01:15:15 am »
Wow... i can't believe Entropy is 1-4 right now...

Offline Terroking

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 29
  • Terroking is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Terroking is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Terroking is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Terroking is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Terroking is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.
  • The best practice is experience.
  • Awards: Silver DonorSlice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake5th Trials - Master of Earth2nd Trials - Master of Earth1st Trials - Master of EarthWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 1/2010 2nd Place9th Tournament 1st PlaceDesign A Quest 1st PlaceSS competition #1 2ndHalfblood Recruiter
Re: kevkev60614 2 - jmizzle 1 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=7707.msg86181#msg86181
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2010, 01:27:51 am »
But Earth being 5-0 is completely feasible.

jmizzle7
4vc 4vc 4vc 4vc 4vc 4vc 4vc 4vc 4vc 4vc 4vc 4vc 4vc 4vc 4vc 4vd 4vd 4vd 4ve 4ve 4vf 4vf 4vl 4vl 4vl 4vl 4vn 4vn 4vn 4vn 621 621 621 621
Despite the fact that I predicted kevkev's deck almost card for card during testing, I had to take a bit of a handicap when we made a change to another deck and I had to sacrifice some of mine to allow the other player to use cards I had planned on using. I still felt moderately good about my chances, but I knew it would still be very reliant on the quality of kevkev's draws. Fire is one of Entropy's worst matchups, so I felt I did pretty well preparing for this deck, even if it was an uphill battle. As I said before, some elements are better equipped for war than others, and 18x immolation in a team's vault assures maximum redundancy for fire-based rainbow decks (arguably the best unupped pvp deck out there). Fire is a force to be reckoned with, and would probably win the war if Earth wasn't so stacked.

'Again'? I'm pretty sure this is the first battle of the war.
Well, it is, so I guess you guys are going to have to put up with second, Anta and his troops :P

Both decks look very good, but, as mizzle said, Fire simply had the upped hand in this matchup. AT a guess I'd assume the missing cards were either your offensive force (Probably more Drags, with that Pillar count) or something else (Maybe Lightnings? I dunno).
I ask nothing of humanity but fairness in all things, but I do not expect even that.

Offline Kuroaitou

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 82
  • Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeMaster of Mafia10th Trials - Master of TimeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSilver DonorSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: kevkev60614 2 - jmizzle 1 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=7707.msg86183#msg86183
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2010, 01:31:06 am »
Luck may be Entropy's greatest strength, but unfortunately it wasn't on their side today... ^^;;;

...or on :time's. :(

I'm sure that round 2 will be much different though. ;)

finkel

Re: kevkev60614 2 - jmizzle 1 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=7707.msg86420#msg86420
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2010, 11:14:59 am »
quints counter immolation, but not growth :(

great game, glad I got to watch! :D

Offline Avenger

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 25
  • Avenger is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Avenger is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Avenger is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Avenger is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Avenger is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.
  • War veteran
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSilver DonorWar #8 Winner - Team FireWar #7 Winner - Team AetherWar #6 Winner - Team AetherWar #5 Winner - Team Aether
Re: kevkev60614 2 - jmizzle 1 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=7707.msg86422#msg86422
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2010, 11:36:15 am »
This is more about color balance than personal expertise.
:entropy cannot do too much against phoenixes.

Unless mutate+rewind :)

Offline Antagon

• Reputation Power: 13
  • Antagon is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.Antagon is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • New to Elements
Re: kevkev60614 2 - jmizzle 1 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=7707.msg86535#msg86535
« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2010, 03:34:54 pm »
the question is only, why you post it now and here?

Offline Xinef

• Reputation Power: 15
  • Xinef is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Xinef is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Xinef is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • Fluttershy's samurai
Re: kevkev60614 2 - jmizzle 1 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=7707.msg86694#msg86694
« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2010, 07:25:27 pm »
Another question, what is that single upgraded Discord doing in there?
May the force of the D4HK side be with U ^_^
:time samurai

Offline jmizzle7

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 34
  • jmizzle7 is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.jmizzle7 is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.jmizzle7 is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.jmizzle7 is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.jmizzle7 is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.jmizzle7 is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.
  • I'm kind of a big deal. People know me.
  • Awards: Weekly Tournament WinnerSS Competition #1 1stCard Design Competition Winner
Re: kevkev60614 2 - jmizzle 1 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=7707.msg86882#msg86882
« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2010, 09:46:33 pm »
lol wait... what? *removes random entropy deck from results thread*

anything
blarg: