*Author

Offline Reid4891Topic starter

• Reputation Power: 2
  • Reid4891 is a Spark waiting for a buff.
Wait a momentum! (Unupped deck for Bronze Arena / Half Blood) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=41397.msg513010#msg513010
« on: June 20, 2012, 03:04:12 am »
Go easy on me since it's my first time posting a deck here. This is a deck I made after some experiments in order to start to win a little in Arena, it's an unupped deck for newbies (like me) that you can use asap on Bronze (it also win decent in Silver and I got lucky and won 3 on a row in Gold but it's not something that can really happen often). It works sometimes extremely well on AI3 and AI4 too, but watch out there are some elements which are really bad for it (water, fire, life). :)
I'm posting it also with the hope that someone else come up with some interesting idea and can help to improve it.

Wait a Momentum (v1)!
Hover over cards for details, click for permalink
Deck import code : [Select]
4vj 4vj 4vj 4vj 4vj 4vj 4vp 52o 52o 55q 55q 55q 55q 55q 55q 576 576 5rp 5rp 5rp 5rp 5rp 5rp 5rt 5rt 5rt 5rt 5rt 5rt 5ur 8ps

Wait a Momentum (v1.1)!
Hover over cards for details, click for permalink
Deck import code : [Select]
4vj 4vj 4vj 4vj 4vj 4vj 4vp 52o 55q 55q 55q 55q 55q 55q 576 576 5og 5rp 5rp 5rp 5rp 5rp 5rp 5rt 5rt 5rt 5rt 5rt 5rt 5ur 8ps

I swear it works better than it looks, now for details: what does it do? It's mainly "exploiting" the incapability of the AI to process neurotoxin damage, since AI will keep playing cards not caring for it at all. This is why I've been also able to win in gold, any strategy based on spamming a lot of cards it's a suicide for the AI.

Strategy:
You should be able to play a dune scorpion and a momentum in round 3 if you're lucky (sometimes 2), if not the chance to win are decreasing round by round depending on the deck you're up against. From there, AI will keep aggravating things, the only thing you have to do is to watch for your healthy bar. When things start to get bad and you're going at 30-40ish, start using Sundial every turn. Draw a card and try to keep stalling the game as much as you can. With practice, you're gonna understand by yourself when to start playing sundials.
Anything else you have it's a bonus and I put in it according to my preference (Stiletto for an early regen, Poison to boast damage, Pandemonium if things are getting messy), there are probably better solutions, but still this is what I chose to use.
Works well vs a wide range of decks (included the ultra popular Mono Aether deck), but it can be fatal a really unlucky draw with some of them.
Works not so well against Aggro Fire (if it still have Deflagration at the end, it's gonna use it on Sundial) and Life (Adrenaline monsters start doing a lot of damage really soon), mostly because in case of good draws for them and bad for you they're gonna start faster then you and you don't have enough time to get the poison damage high enough before starting using sundials.
And if AI has purify? I'd say too rare to bother... but yeah you're probably screwed.

Tell me what you think (be gentle please) and if you have idea for modifications just post, I'm curious about them.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2012, 04:28:31 pm by Reid4891 »

Offline tyranim

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 34
  • tyranim is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.tyranim is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.tyranim is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.tyranim is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.tyranim is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.tyranim is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.
  • formerly unit
Re: Wait a momentum! (Unupped deck for Bronze Arena) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=41397.msg513014#msg513014
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2012, 03:39:07 am »
it looks super simple and effective. in fact, i quite like it.
the only thing i dont quite like about it at first glance is the quantum production seems a tad low. especially with those scorps.
the vamp dagger doesnt look like its even necessary, i would take it out and replace it with a nightmare (nightmare the lowest costing thing they can afford to play and use a sundial for lolz)
i would add 2 time pillars in place of the poisons just to get the necessary time quanta quick enough to get out the scorps earlier in the game for more neuro counters.
my milkshake brings all the boys to the yard and they're like "its better than yours" damn right, its better than yours! i can teach you but i'd have to charge!

Offline Cheesy111

• Reputation Power: 19
  • Cheesy111 is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Cheesy111 is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Cheesy111 is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • New to Elements
  • Awards: Battle League 2/2014 1st PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeBattle League 3/2012 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerBeginners League 2/2012 2nd Place
Re: Wait a momentum! (Unupped deck for Bronze Arena) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=41397.msg513019#msg513019
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2012, 04:09:22 am »
the only thing i dont quite like about it at first glance is the quantum production seems a tad low. especially with those scorps.
the vamp dagger doesnt look like its even necessary, i would take it out and replace it with a nightmare (nightmare the lowest costing thing they can afford to play and use a sundial for lolz)
i would add 2 time pillars in place of the poisons just to get the necessary time quanta quick enough to get out the scorps earlier in the game for more neuro counters.
Vamp dagger is incredible damage and healing for one quanta, and it goes through sundial which is why it's great in a dune scorp deck.

Pandemonium is generally a poor choice for such a heavily creature-based deck, so I would drop it in favor of something else, preferably a low-quanta card (Deflag would give this deck some needed PC).  If you're feeling stressed on Time quanta, try dropping a scorpion, a momentum, a sundial and a nova and replacing them with four time pillars or gravity pendulums.  If you feel strongly about keeping 6 of the combo, then I would suggest dropping first Pandemonium, and then the poisons before touching the vampire dagger, as healing through sundial can work wonders.

Re: Wait a momentum! (Unupped deck for Bronze Arena) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=41397.msg513024#msg513024
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2012, 04:31:03 am »

^^ and thank you for your inputs.

About quantum, it is short indeed. But I can explain why I made it like this: the game forces you to give it at least a source of quanta (this is what I concluded at least): a nova or a pendulum at the start. If you have at least two sources, you're gonna launch the combo scorpion-momentum (assuming you've/you drew them) in round 3 at worst (2 if you have two novas). If you have a pendulum, it produces gravity-time-gravity (plus 2 times by the mark) and by round 4 you can launch the combo without even having drawn a nova (you can draw it in the meantime hopefully). If you only have a nova, you're a pillar/nova short from launching the combo (let's pray to draw it asap).
Now if we put a time pillar and you're unlucky enough to just get a time pillar, you're two cards short from launching the combo, not one, because you need two gravity quanta.
I know that like this seems there is really few quanta, but beside launching the combo and playing sundial, there isn't much else you need your quanta for.

You only need a nova to play Stiletto so I'm still in favor of it, it gives you a +8 on the enemy (+4 dmg and +4 healing), but I totally get your nightmare thing, since I was using it before having the Stiletto. It's quite effective especially if you can make play the AI crappy cards again, but I rarely managed to do it in my matches (maybe just bad luck) so I opted for something that I can play more often. Other variations I considered are Freeze, Purify, Chaos Seed, Lightning, they all have pros and cons and are probably a more solid choice than Pandemonium, but well I wanted a crazy card for the last rounds in there. :D

Offline sammybrahh

• Reputation Power: 1
  • sammybrahh is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • I'm no noob, I just don't post much :D
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: Wait a momentum! (Unupped deck for Bronze Arena) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=41397.msg513052#msg513052
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2012, 06:47:47 am »

About quantum, it is short indeed. But I can explain why I made it like this: the game forces you to give it at least a source of quanta (this is what I concluded at least): a nova or a pendulum at the start. If you have at least two sources, you're gonna launch the combo scorpion-momentum (assuming you've/you drew them) in round 3 at worst (2 if you have two novas). If you have a pendulum, it produces gravity-time-gravity (plus 2 times by the mark) and by round 4 you can launch the combo without even having drawn a nova (you can draw it in the meantime hopefully). If you only have a nova, you're a pillar/nova short from launching the combo (let's pray to draw it asap).
Now if we put a time pillar and you're unlucky enough to just get a time pillar, you're two cards short from launching the combo, not one, because you need two gravity quanta.
I know that like this seems there is really few quanta, but beside launching the combo and playing sundial, there isn't much else you need your quanta for.

You only need a nova to play Stiletto so I'm still in favor of it, it gives you a +8 on the enemy (+4 dmg and +4 healing), but I totally get your nightmare thing, since I was using it before having the Stiletto. It's quite effective especially if you can make play the AI crappy cards again, but I rarely managed to do it in my matches (maybe just bad luck) so I opted for something that I can play more often. Other variations I considered are Freeze, Purify, Chaos Seed, Lightning, they all have pros and cons and are probably a more solid choice than Pandemonium, but well I wanted a crazy card for the last rounds in there. :D

The reason you're often picking up a nova is due to a mechanic called mulligan, where the game will keep re-dealing your hand until you pick up a card that costs zero.
If only they could combine Dota and Elements somehow.... :D

Offline Cheesy111

• Reputation Power: 19
  • Cheesy111 is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Cheesy111 is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Cheesy111 is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • New to Elements
  • Awards: Battle League 2/2014 1st PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeBattle League 3/2012 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerBeginners League 2/2012 2nd Place
Re: Wait a momentum! (Unupped deck for Bronze Arena) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=41397.msg513060#msg513060
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2012, 07:11:59 am »

The reason you're often picking up a nova is due to a mechanic called mulligan, where the game will keep re-dealing your hand until you pick up a card that costs zero.
You're both right.  And wrong.  The game checks to see if your hand has any 0-cost cards in it.  If your hand has 0-cost cards, all well and good, the game continues.  If your hand has no 0-cost cards, then your hand is re-dealt once and the game begins.

Re: Wait a momentum! (Unupped deck for Bronze Arena) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=41397.msg513092#msg513092
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2012, 10:25:38 am »
Pandemonium is generally a poor choice for such a heavily creature-based deck, so I would drop it in favor of something else, preferably a low-quanta card (Deflag would give this deck some needed PC).  If you're feeling stressed on Time quanta, try dropping a scorpion, a momentum, a sundial and a nova and replacing them with four time pillars or gravity pendulums.  If you feel strongly about keeping 6 of the combo, then I would suggest dropping first Pandemonium, and then the poisons before touching the vampire dagger, as healing through sundial can work wonders.

I know about Pandemonium and I've to admit you're right. I'm mostly reluctant to give it up because on my third match in gold vs a supernova rainbow deck I didn't have enough neurotoxin and out of sundials so I played it as a last resource. It parallel universed a bunch of enemy creatures and made me win. I tried 5 of the combo, but you really need bad to be able to launch the combo asap, so I think 6 are a must. Deflag is an interesting choice, really, I just don't know if at the point of the game you're able to play it, it can make a difference.
But yeah I'm also a fan of Stiletto, so I suggest people who are willing to try this deck to keep it (and possibly to choose it at the end of quests).

You're both right.  And wrong.  The game checks to see if your hand has any 0-cost cards in it.  If your hand has 0-cost cards, all well and good, the game continues.  If your hand has no 0-cost cards, then your hand is re-dealt once and the game begins.

Oh thanks, now it's clear. I thought it was quanta production related, instead it's 0 cost related. This is why I was often getting a Dagger in another deck I made, lol

Offline Poker Alho

• Reputation Power: 18
  • Poker Alho is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Poker Alho is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Poker Alho is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • flips are overrated
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: Wait a momentum! (Unupped deck for Bronze Arena) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=41397.msg513093#msg513093
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2012, 10:27:15 am »
pretty cool deck, might try it sometime. i would drop those poisons, exchange them for CC. the best CC you could have would be reverse time, but that would probably strain  :time even more. nightmare would do wonders to this deck because of the way AI reacts against it, it would help you grow the poison easily during a match. you wont need PC because the only thing you would have to worry about would be shields and that is already taken care of because of momentuns. pandemonium is actually a great CC card for the deck because even if you do lose your scorpions, the neurotoxin will persist and continue to rise whenever the other deck plays a card, so if using pande means you are able to stall longer, then its worth it.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2012, 10:29:31 am by Poker Alho »

Offline memimemi

• Reputation Power: 6
  • memimemi is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • Always something more to learn!
Re: Wait a momentum! (Unupped deck for Bronze Arena) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=41397.msg513104#msg513104
« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2012, 11:36:49 am »
Have you tried using a  :gravity mark, with  :time Pillars?  2nd turn Dune Scorp/Momentum seems more likely with that little switch.  After all, you only need  :gravity for Momentum, so why overproduce?

I also agree with the above comments: take out the Poisons.  I'd suggest Fog Shield, Heal, Purify, or Bolts to fill the slots.  Using the Mark switch also allows -1 Vamp Stilletto, +1 Eternity (if you happen to have one).
The counter to :gravity isn't :aether; it's :D

Re: Wait a momentum! (Unupped deck for Bronze Arena) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=41397.msg513116#msg513116
« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2012, 12:34:11 pm »
Have you tried using a  :gravity mark, with  :time Pillars?  2nd turn Dune Scorp/Momentum seems more likely with that little switch.  After all, you only need  :gravity for Momentum, so why overproduce?

I also agree with the above comments: take out the Poisons.  I'd suggest Fog Shield, Heal, Purify, or Bolts to fill the slots.  Using the Mark switch also allows -1 Vamp Stilletto, +1 Eternity (if you happen to have one).

AI often steals/destroys pillars if there aren't other targets (which is good, better them than Sundials). There is space only for a couple of them in this deck and you can quite likely get them later on, there is more chance you get a Nova at the start than a pillar. Switching to  :gravity means you can't probably play Sundials later on if you don't get pillars or they've been destroyed. You probably get only 1 pillar if you're lucky, so it's the same as having the mark. In this deck the mark is what gives you the most stable source of quanta, if you change it there is no way you can have 6  :time available for Eternity, I think.
For poisons I can understand, thanks for your tips both of you, I'll experiment with something else a little bit in my future matches. :)

Offline Chapuz

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 72
  • Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.
  • The weird Voodoo guy
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeDeckbuilding Competition - Tower Defense WinnerSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeBrawl #1 Winner - Team Nyan Sharks
Re: Wait a momentum! (Unupped deck for Bronze Arena) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=41397.msg513134#msg513134
« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2012, 01:37:54 pm »
Don't you get outrushed in PVP 1 just with 6 stalling turns??
My Decks, Tutorial and Guides <~~~~~ Click Here ! ! !

Offline Calindu

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 50
  • Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.
  • Abomination is quite pretty
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerFourth Budosei of BudokanSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeWar #9 Winner - Team Darkness8th Trials - Master of EntropyChampionship League 2/2013 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerColosseum II Champion7th Trials - Master of EntropyWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 3/2012 Winner6th Trials - Master of EntropyWinner of There Can Be Only One!Slice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeChampionship League 3/2011 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Wait a momentum! (Unupped deck for Bronze Arena) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=41397.msg513137#msg513137
« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2012, 01:41:55 pm »
Don't you get outrushed in PVP 1 just with 6 stalling turns??

Usually 6 sundials are what you need to beat a unupped deck, those are usually slow and you get enough damage to beat those.
You know, a long time ago being crazy meant something. Nowadays everybody's crazy.
War

anything
blarg: