*Author

Offline ZephyrPhantomTopic starter

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 101
  • ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeFlavour Text Revival Competition - WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
FG Competition : Renaissance https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=39348.msg489329#msg489329
« on: April 29, 2012, 03:15:19 am »
FG Competition : Renaissance
Original Idea by Zblader |  Art from Kamietsu, Fallower and eyerouge, heavily modified by Zblader

Today will be the foundation of something significant.
New forums, new False Gods.

Create a False God competition with the theme : Renaissance

Rules:

• Create a False God based on the theme of Renaissance, a cultural rebirth. As we have moved to a new forum and patch 1.30 has recently gone live, Elements has undergone some rather interesting changes. How would a False God represent these times of change?
  • Only 2 submissions are allowed per person. If you submit more than two entries, only your first two decks will be counted.
  • Do not directly copy from any False God in the game! Even their mortal enemy, the Usurper, frowns upon this practice as it ruins the spirit of creativity. Copying from Fanmade FGs or FG Proposals on the forum is also strongly discouraged.
  • On the other hand, remember that when designing your deck that a False God deck will have 3x Mark, 200 HP, and double the amount of cards in the deck you submit (That means a maximum of 12 copies of a card and no more than that).  Be sure to also consider the impact of the False God on the game.
  • If you want to test your god, feel free to use the Trainer to test your deck against the FG AI. Keep in mind that 1.30 has given the AI several points in intelligence and that old strategies may work better than they originally had.
  • All submissions must be posted here only.
  • In addition to a deck image, please provide a explanation/backstory of at least 300 words on the God's theme (use http://www.wordcounttool.com/ to check your amount of words). Posting your word count is not mandatory but preferred.
  • You may only use 1 other image along with your default deck image - further images will be removed.
  • You are also allowed to change the title's, size (max 24) font and color to give your FG some "detail" - all other modifications to your submission except bold, underline, and italicize are otherwise banned.
  • All submissions must use the format shown below and are to be submitted in this thread:

Submission Format:
Code: [Select]
[size=18pt]Insert Title Here[/size]
[deck author=insertyourusernamehere]Insertdeckcodehere[/deck]

***insert300wordsormorehere***

One last tip - don't just limit yourself to new cards in Elements the Game. Consider things like buffed and nerfed cards and cards with new art. Take inspiration from the Forum as well - we've just moved to a new domain, and the new and current staff members have been working to implement new/interesting things in this forum such as a popular Forum Game, New Minigame, or recent thread that you feel is new and/or unique. Alternatively, consider the theme of an actual Renaissance and make a deck based on that.

PHASES:
The competition will be split into two phases : A Design Phase, where decks are created and submitted here, and a Voting phase where all submissions are voted on. The winner receives a forum icon!

Design Phase:
(Polls will be up soon!) Good luck!
« Last Edit: April 30, 2012, 02:25:22 am by Zblader »

Offline ddevans96

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 113
  • ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • now palafrost
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSilver Donor9th Trials - Master of WaterSlice of Elements 6th Birthday Cake8th Trials - Master of WaterSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeWinner of the Harry Potter PvP House CupSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: FG Competition : Renaissance https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=39348.msg489331#msg489331
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2012, 03:19:17 am »
Art from...Fallower...

Using an old forumer's art like this might be one of the most awesome things I've ever seen. Great job :)
discord / twitter: palafrost - 2x master of water - false god enthusiast
twitch: palafrost - speedrunner, ex-celeste, currently hades
avatar: makoto [persona 5] by asukabaka

Offline Drake_XIV

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 91
  • Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Powerful Harmony
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSummer and Winter Competition WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: FG Competition : Renaissance https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=39348.msg489333#msg489333
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2012, 03:22:30 am »
Marking as a reminder.  May also be a Placeholder.

Offline Pineapple

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Pineapple hides under a Cloak.
  • Master of Cake
  • Awards: Silver DonorSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: FG Competition : Renaissance https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=39348.msg489337#msg489337
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2012, 03:32:26 am »
Are there restrictions on Deck Size (30-60 x2), Rare Amount (Unlimited?), Shard Amount (0?), and Copy Limit (6 x2?)

Offline ZephyrPhantomTopic starter

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 101
  • ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeFlavour Text Revival Competition - WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: FG Competition : Renaissance https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=39348.msg489343#msg489343
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2012, 03:44:55 am »
Are there restrictions on Deck Size (30-60 x2), Rare Amount (Unlimited?), Shard Amount (0?), and Copy Limit (6 x2?)
Deck size is 60-120.
All cards, including shards, are allowed.
You may use up to 12 copies of each card. (Which is technically 6 in the deck builder since the trainer automatically doubles the deck you submit. I strongly recommend building a 'half' deck and just noting that there are double the amount of cards, for example: )
Spoiler for Example : Lafirue:
Lafirue
Hover over cards for details, click for permalink
Deck import code : [Select]
4sm 4sm 4sm 4sm 4sm 4sm 4sq 4sq 4sq 4sq 4sq 4sq 52o 52o 52o 52o 52o 52o 592 592 592 592 592 592 5og 5og 5og 5og 5og 5og 5uq 5uq 5uq 5uq 5uq 5uq 6r8 6r8 6r8 6r8 6r8 6r8

300wordshereblah, and this deck has twice as many cards shown because it is a False God.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2012, 04:00:19 am by Zblader »

Offline furballdn

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 86
  • furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Facetious trollnotmod
  • Awards: Epic 3 Card Winner - Clockwork GolemBest Recruiter of FriendsBest JournalistBest Chat PainterBattle - Slayer of The Great ChimeraBest Crafted Relic of Other
Re: FG Competition : Renaissance https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=39348.msg489353#msg489353
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2012, 04:01:29 am »
New competition? Hell yeah! Make a FG? I was going to without you telling me to do so! Rules? eh....
Version 1.0
~Eden~
Spoiler for Hidden:

6s6 6s6 6s6 6s6 6s6 7am 7am 7an 7an 7an 7an 7an 7an 7dm 7dm 7dm 7ds 7ds 7ds 7mt 7mt 7mt 7mt 7mt 7mt 7n3 7n3 7n3 7n3 7n3 7n3 8pn

Eden represents another look at the old religions and traditions. While focusing on Greco-Roman antiquity, the Renaissance also allowed a newer look at the bibblical traditions as well.. The very synergy of life, air, and freedom bound together evoke a sense of paradise, and allude to the very garden that Adam and Eve were banished from. The feral bonds represent the never ending life that constantly regenerates itself in the garden of paradise. The ancient FFQ has been brought back, reborn and buffed, better than ever. SoFre represents a completely new innovation from the world of 1.31 to bolster the forces of the FFQ and damselflies even further. Eden is all about the circle of life and creation and rebirth. From the damselflies comes air, which brings FFQs, which then create Fireflies that provide fire. Phoenixes and explosions complete the idea of destruction...and rebirth

This FG's deck focuses on an initial rush of Epi'd Damselflies to create massive :air quanta as well as dealing plenty of damage to whoever is caught in the fury of the wings. If the battle drags on, Firefly queens will be summoned, and call forth the powers o their fireflies. Fireflies provide the fire quanta necessary to bring the destruction of explosions and phoenixes. All the while, the shards provide a counter to any shields as well as providing protection to Eden's creatures.

Since this FG is a mostly quantasmall deck, a good counter would be denial and control. Killing off the damselflies before any shards hit the field, or even a fire shield or skull shield will provide good protection. Discord, devourer, and black hole are also good choices to keep Eden pinned down because of the low quanta generation. Additionally, having plenty of permanent control as well and destroying the shards will leave whoever is fighting Eden in a good position.

Words: 308

Da Vinci
Spoiler for Hidden:

744 744 744 744 744 744 744 744 744 744 744 744 744 744 744 744 744 746 746 746 746 746 746 748 748 748 74c 74h 74h 74h 74h 7gn 7gn 7gn 7gn 7gn 7gn 7gp 7gp 8pp

Da Vinci always knew he was different. He was a genius. He created magnificent designs of fantastic contraptions used for war with his innovations. Catapults, trebuchets, tanks, dragons, all magnificent things brought to life by the mind of a genius. Able to use such mundane yet innovative methods such as lobbing frozen missiles at the opponent for massive damage. Da Vinci represents a key aspect of the renaissance, the humanist idea that humans have the unlimited potential to put their intelligence into use to solve problems, which is what is exactly done here. The Armagios are quite humanlike, and even the dragons are tamed and new. The human potential is made even more clearer by the fact that trebuchets are human creations, showing the might and potential of a 30hp frozen creature coming towards you.

This deck focuses on getting out the trebuchets, placing out armagios or dragons, and then freezing them and lobbing them at the opponent for massive damage. Permafrost shields are also included to act as CC. With the trebuchets, not even shields can stop the powerful missiles coming towards the player.

Because this deck relies on the trebuchets, removing them via PC will lead to an extremely easy match. Massive healing may also be a way to victory, as the trebuchets do damage in bursts, not a continuous stream. If one can survive the initial onslaught, and get their footing, the battle can be easily won. The AI, without any trebuchets, is left helpless and weak, with only unbuffed slow, fat, creatures on the board. Another bad thing about the deck is that the AI can sometimes be quite idiotic with the freezes and trebuchets, but overall, it delivers powerful blows to anyone who comes unprepared.

This deck represents change and renewal, since trebuchet is a card that was buffed many times in recent patches, such as damage increases, and the freeze bonus. Dragons are used because the gravity dragon got new art.

Words: 327
« Last Edit: May 05, 2012, 01:59:13 am by furballdn »

Offline Gemini

• Reputation Power: 1
  • Gemini is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • Some other time.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: FG Competition : Renaissance https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=39348.msg489362#msg489362
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2012, 04:22:55 am »
BLACK VOID
Spoiler for Deck (2x it for FG use):
6ru 6ru 6ru 6ru 6ru 6ru 7t4 7t4 7t4 7t4 7t4 7t4 7t4 7t4 7t4 7t4 7t4 7t4 7t5 7t5 7t5 7t6 7t6 7t6 7t6 7t6 7t6 7t8 7t8 7t9 7t9 7t9 7tb 7tb 7ti 7ti 8pt

I ran and I ran, I tried healing but to no avail, my cuts were deep my eyes burned red, my blood poured out of my veins, slowly but surely I was dying, I could not move quick enough, for he was all always there, every turn I made, every alley I ran through, his glowing crimson bloodthirsty eyes were there.
I ran, but I couldn´t outrun him... He leapt in the air and soared. I swear I could see wings sprouting to his sides. His morbid form turned into that of a bird, or at the time, what seemed as close to me as a bird, a horrible reaper bird.
In the dusk, I tried slashing but my hits failed, and then I grew weary, the gnashing sound of the beasts beak scraping against itself, that stoney noise, his growls filled the cold air, and that´s when it hit me, I was going to die.
My legs stopped, paralyzed in fear of what might come next, I tried to make them move, but stubbornly they were rooted to the ground, I could hear my heart beat racing inside my chest, I could feel the hot blood running through my veins and out of my unhealable wounds, the droplets hitting that icy cold rock on which I stood, a beast stood in front of me, and wanted that hot blood.
Two malignant eyes staring at me, as I collapsed, that was my last memory.
-Tale of a fallen warrior.

Spoiler for How it relates to the theme:
Renaissance had the burden of lots of myths, while I wrote the story, I thought I was living a short life of the average noble, danger at every turn, a knife willing to stab you in the back for some gain to himself... Meh, I also related the shards as a new idea, a new ideawave... Who knows, will it advance, or will the history, and the blackness consume it... 
Spoiler for Analysis on deck.:
Anyways, on to the deck, as you can see Void here is based around permanents and sucking the quanta out of his enemy, while his main damage dealer is not in fact direct, but it is based around Shard of Void, cutting the opponents health lower and lower, without it being able to heal... As you can see this deck looks pretty mean... And it kinda is, only thing real counter I can see, other than massive PC, is just plain outspeeding it and beating his face in before he can, fragile creatures with a lot of attack can roam free as Void lacks any CC, as long as you can play em out fast enough, for those pests not to get in your way.
-Instosis is possible to win with, as long as the Pests dont get in the way, and he doesnt play too many shards too early.
-Mitosis RoL hope, (Or normal RoL Hope.) can work (tested by Justaburd, I appreciate the help.)
Word count = 487
« Last Edit: May 09, 2012, 09:04:53 pm by Gemini »

Offline Ge0metry v1.2

• Reputation Power: 3
  • Ge0metry v1.2 is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • Hello?
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: FG Competition : Renaissance https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=39348.msg489365#msg489365
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2012, 04:28:06 am »
Atlas

744 744 744 744 744 744 744 744 746 746 746 74b 74b 74b 74c 74c 74c 74c 74c 74c 74h 74h 74h 75m 75m 75m 75m 75m 75m 75m 77i 77i 77l 77l 77s 77s 77s 77s 77s 7n2 7n2 7n2 7n2 7n2 7n2 8pm

Intro
Spoiler for ---:
The Story of Rain
Little 6-year old Tommy was walking along the sidewalk, humming "Poker Face" while licking his strawberry ice cream. As he looked up into the sky, he noticed that it was getting darker by the second. Suddenly, a massive amount of rain began falling from the sky, drenching Tommy and 'causing the ice cream to slip from his hands. Frightened, Tommy ran as fast as he could back home; running into the arms of his worried mother. The rain eventually ended.

The Story of Raining Spaghetti and Meatballs
Little 6-year old Tommy was walking along the sidewalk, humming "Poker Face" while licking his strawberry ice cream. As he looked up into the sky, he noticed that it was getting darker by the second. Suddenly, a massive meatball begun to cover the face of the sun. People all around the streets were looking up, wondering how a meatball could possibly be floating in the sky. Without warning, the meatball exploded into millions of spaghetti, meatballs, cheeseburgers, and all sort of noms. All these Americans and Cave Trolls begun to make their way towards these falling pieces of food, not caring that the food came from the sky. Tommy got distracted by a squirrel and ignore the chaost admist him. We're not sure what happened afterwards, but Tommy said the squirrel didn't want any of his ice cream.

The Story of Raining Cats and Dogs
Little 6-year old Tommy was walking along the sidewalk, humming "Poker Face" while licking his strawberry ice cream. As he looked up into the sky, he noticed that it was getting darker by the second. Suddenly, he heard a faint "meow". Squealing with excitement, Tommy noticed a plethora of Cats and Dogs falling from the sky, all miraculously landing on their feet as if they simply fell few inches. Out of houses all around town, Imgurians and Redditors began to snap pictures for karmawhoring. Picking out the cutest kitten he could find Tommy put it in his arms and fed it ice cream. Too absorbed with his new found kitten friend, Tommy could not provide details to finish this story either.

The Story of Raining Titans and Armagios
Little 6-year old Tommy was walking along the sidewalk, humming "Poker Face" while licking his strawberry ice cream. As he looked up into the sky, he noticed that it was getting darker by the second. Suddenly, splat. Tommy died.

Explanation of Name + Relation to Theme
Spoiler for ---:
The two elements that compose this deck are clearly  :gravity and  :earth. Now, back in the days of Greek Mythology and whatnot, the concept of gravity had not been discovered and/or realized. The Greeks had a god named Atlas , whom they believed held up the Earth. Now if Atlas actually existed, he'd probably be a little bored by now, holding up the Earth for so many years. To have some fun, I imagine he would do some trolling. What better way to troll then to throw giant hammer things (Titans) and massive robot gundam things (Armagio). In fact, this would destroy parts of the Earth, making it lighter and easier to carry. Atlas 1 - Earth 0.

Renaissance had one major theme throughout its era, and that was change. This deck's main theme is gravity; and we've gone from not realizing gravity exists to realizing it does. Minor change, I know, it's only the force that keeps us from floating around like the Energizer Bunny in space.

The second change in this deck is statistical change of the creatures in this deck. More detail in "Deck Strategy", written again in storyish kind of format.

Deck Strategy
Spoiler for ---:
AI plays a Titan? Ha, it hurts a little, but it's no big deal. And anyways, they only have one weapon slot! What else do they have? Armagios? Useless. A few hits from your Shreikers will take them out. Wait, wait, how does he have 4 Titans now? Okay this is starting to hurt. Dim Shields... not helping. Its okay at least those Armagio's still aren't doing sh- 100 DEFENSE? Okay this is not looking good. Let's hope the AI is stupid and doesn't play anymore Titans. Pfft, what a noob, it's setting up little catapult things. What are they supposed to- AHHH ITS LAUNCHING THINGS AT ME. /dies
« Last Edit: April 29, 2012, 09:41:43 pm by Ge0metry v1.2 »
Back just for Mafia.

Offline Absol

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 35
  • Absol is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Absol is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Absol is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Absol is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Absol is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Absol is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Absol is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.
  • Consectetur Adipiscing Elit
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: FG Competition : Renaissance https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=39348.msg489396#msg489396
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2012, 05:40:11 am »
Tiamat
6rv 6rv 6rv 6rv 77b 77i 77i 7gk 7gk 7gk 7gk 7gk 7gk 7gk 7gk 7gk 7gk 7gk 7gk 7gk 7gp 7gp 7gr 7gr 7gr 7gr 7gs 7gs 7gs 7gs 7gt 7gt 7n2 7n2 7n2 8pm

The goddess of sea, the protector of ocean. With raging fury she attacks, sending unaware elementals to their watery grave. With breath as cold as zero K, she freeze those surviving her tidal wave, opt for an icy death instead.

Long has she been forsaken, since her power became mere toy. Dethroned from her lair, replaced by another water God of the North. She waited patiently, bidding for more power. Now she returned, and she wants revenge. Revenge against those who dare mock her power. So no one dare say that her weapon of choice, Poseidon, is just a giant fork toy.

Engulfing everything in her wave is her signature move. Chilling the rest to their bone is her policy. The dragons are her sword, and the octopi are her shield.

Tiamat is her name, fighter is her role. Queen shall she be, returning to her former glory.

This God plays by putting down animated Poseidons, stalling its opponent and slowly crumbling the opponent's pillar. She supports this by using Shard of Patience, slowly growing the Poseidons. If there's creature surviving the initial assault, the Permafrost Shield and Arctic Octopi will take care of them, condensing opposing creature into a solid ice block. It wins by either using grown Poseidons and Octopi, or by the Dragons in late game.

The same strategy against Seism can be used against this God too. Protect your pillars and you're in the right track. Of course, there will be opposing Octopi as the next defense line, but they fall to just a single Rain of Fire when not under Shard of Patience. Alternately, Quintessence can also be used to protect your creature, though it couldn't do much against her Permafrost Shield, especially protected.

Counter

Instosis is a good counter to this God.

Unupgraded and rareless, mono Aether with EA is your best choice. Try to Enchant your pillars early, put down the creatures whenever available. Stall with Dimensional Shield when needed. Some of your creatures will be frozen by the Permafrost Shield, but they will be otherwise safe from the Octopi.

Word count: 347
« Last Edit: April 29, 2012, 07:23:48 am by Absol »
"Neque porro quisquam est, qui dolorem ipsum, quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit."
"There is no one who loves pain itself, who seeks after it and wants to have it, simply because it is pain."

Offline vrt

• Reputation Power: 40
  • vrt soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.vrt soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.vrt soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.vrt soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.vrt soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.vrt soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.vrt soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.vrt soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.
  • Elitist Graphics Whore
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeBrawl #1 Winner - Team Nyan SharksSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday CakeCard Art Competition 1st Place
Re: FG Competition : Renaissance https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=39348.msg489442#msg489442
« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2012, 07:55:21 am »
For reasons explained wonderfully in this post, any FG idea containing Shards will not get my vote. Considering the lengthy debate in that thread, I might strongly suggest people to not include the shards in their FG ideas. There's plenty of ways to interpret this theme without resorting to cards that are thematically a bad fit.
So long and thanks for all the fish!

Offline rosutosefi

• Reputation Power: 10
  • rosutosefi is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.rosutosefi is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • Dead.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: FG Competition : Renaissance https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=39348.msg489458#msg489458
« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2012, 09:04:21 am »
Paranoia

7go 7go 7go 7go 7gp 7gp 7gv 7gv 7gv 808 808 808 808 808 808 808 808 808 808 808 808 808 80i 80i 80i 80i 80k 80k 80k 80k 80k 80k 80l 80l 80l 80l 80l 80l 81q 81q 8pp

Blanks are Psions.

Oh, the thought of a creature capable of hurting you through your mind. Slowly tearing through your soul while disabling you. And look, it swims, too!

On the coasts of the land of the elementals, the atmosphere suddenly changed. No rain, no tidal waves, but the elementals have a heavy feeling around the area. So heavy it drives some insane. So heavy some of them die. It's as if someone - or something - was feeding on their sanity. But instead of running away, they are drawn even closer to the sea. More and more elementals go near. Some even jump to the water, never to be seen again. Who has the ability to do this? Are you willing to face it? This is not someone you should fight with strength alone, for it can toy with your mind. Drawing the very roots of your fear and heightening it to the point of silencing even the bravest of heroes. Shooting bolts of lightning mysteriously invisible from afar - or maybe visible only to those who have been driven insane. Are the bolts real, or are these only contained in the minds of those driven insane by this creature? Is your mind strong enough to face him? Be careful - none of those who survived him can even talk with sense. Some of them can't even talk. Am I even making sense? Are you really reading something, or are you stuck in the illusions of this creature?

Hey hey it's Ulitharid! A large one.  :P
See, Psions give a new air in the game. It gives a slight buff to poor Reflective Shield and (those life shields ::)). It would be nice if I included Shards of Wisdom and Immortals, but Immateriality is a part that Lionheart already "owns", so no quints for him. And if there are no quints, he can only cast it on immortals. *pokes Elidnis*. This would also make it too Aether-ish. More love for wadurr! Silence is a relatively new card. (Meh. What am I walking about? It's older than me at elements.) No FG uses it, and I thought it would be good if it will be used now. I think it would be ideal if all common upgraded cards could be farmed off from FG's, for metagame reasons that would be a little too huge and off-topic.

This sentence makes this submission exceed 400 words.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2012, 04:31:13 am by rosutosefi »
Not so active.

Offline RavingRabbid

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 85
  • RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Lord Seagull
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeDeckbuilding Competition: The Face of Mother NatureSlice of Elements 6th Birthday Cake7th Trials - Master of WaterWinner of Warrior's Preparation - PvP Event14 Club - Most Expensive Players during War AuctionWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeTeam PVP #1 Winner5th Trials - Master of Water3rd Trials - Master of WaterChampionship League 3/2011 WinnerWinner of 2nd Off-Topic Quiz LeagueWinner of 2nd Element Quiz LeagueWinner of 1st Off-Topic Quiz LeagueWinner of 1st Element Quiz LeagueChampionship League 2/2011 WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake3-Man Team PvP #1 Winner
Re: FG Competition : Renaissance https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=39348.msg489487#msg489487
« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2012, 11:02:49 am »
Caravaggio
747 747 747 747 747 748 74f 74f 74g 75m 75m 75m 75m 75m 75m 7jq 7jq 7jq 7jq 7k3 7k3 7k3 7k4 7k4 7kc 7t5 7t5 7tb 7th 7um 7um 7um 7um 7um 8pq

Spoiler for something that should look like a story:
After slaying that elemental, my whole life changed. Other elementals started fearing me, a painter. What I got in exchange for giving them art was hate. I escaped, and I managed to avoid the execution. They bloat themselves thinking I am nothing more than an ant under their boots.
This will change. I will come back again, and this time I won't just accidentaly kill someone during a fight, instead I'm going to paint spectacular scenes. They shall beg me for mercy, for I shall use the red of their blood. Light and darkness won't just make contrast, they will contrast them. Fear the new age of art, the new age of elemental dueling. I AM
Caravaggio - The Cursed Painter

Spoiler for Basic explanation:
The story was very loosely based on Caravaggio's story. Why Gravity? Because I wanted so. Graviton Mercenaries, Hope, Luciferin, Light Nymph and Darkness Dragon aren't in any fg's deck. Caravaggio was both a very late "Reinassance" painter (well, probably more Baroque than Reinassance).
The deck basically revolves around getting down luciferined creatures and hope. I didn't want this deck to win just on the mid-creature, and I thought Mercenaries could do the job well enough. And I think it's time for them to appear in FG decks. The dagger is the card he used to kill the elemental. 
The main point, tho, is having fun. Every time you face this god, you will get a different challenge. Also, Yay. Dragons. Who doesn't love dragons, who doesn't?

Deckwise, this was intended for bothering somehow instosis, and some other decks. This gets probably destroyed by one of those old TimeBows, but most likely will be able to handle the good old Rol Hope. Liquid Antimatter just enjoys some feasting, even if Dagger/Light Nymph healing might get in the way. This should not an autowin, nor an autolose.

Reinassance here can be both the age where the real Caravaggio lived, both the new age of art FG Caravaggio wants.

Total, 307 words.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2012, 04:27:36 pm by RavingRabbid »
There are things worse than eating tuna directly from the tin

anything
blarg: insertyourusernamehere,RavingRabbid