*Author

Offline bucky1andonlyTopic starter

• Reputation Power: 9
  • bucky1andonly is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • New to Elements
Hourglass 1 and only!! (voodoo deck) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=23950.msg305854#msg305854
« on: April 05, 2011, 08:23:01 am »
Hover over cards for details, click for permalink
Deck import code : [Select]
6u3 6u3 6u3 6u3 6u3 6u3 74d 74d 77l 77l 77l 77l 77l 77l 7q5 7q9 7q9 7q9 7q9 7q9 7q9 7tg 7tg 7tg 808 808 808 80b 80b 80b 8pj

no records of any games played, but in 2 days, around 4 hours actual game playing, and if i were to sell all the cards i won, i would have 37k electrum.  mind you i was getting very lucky on the spins, i think 6 of the wins i won 2 cards, but the win rate is pretty good.  a lot better than shakars.

the deck works as you see it, i havent bothered upgrading the pillars or gravity pulls, especially the gravity pulls since they cost 2 and snovas produce 2 and you only usually need the 1, and the pillars are fine unupped because you usually only need 2 tu's and snovas and pillars together produce more than enough.

also ive tested out several cards other than the hourglass, weapons, shields, spells, but i found the hourglass helps more than anything else.

unupped voodoos can be used, and also unupped twin universes.

might even work with only snovas upgraded, but i wouldnt recommend not having the basilisks upgraded.

tips for each fg inside the spoilers

general
Opening hand
1) If you have no aether pillar, do not worry, these are not essential
2) If you need to discard something, discard anything you have 2 of in your hand, starting with voodoo dolls, then grav pull, do not discard a twin universe
3) If you don't have to discard, and you have a sundial and a supernova, play the sundial on your second turn, supernova on your third and use the sundial

Other Info
1) If you don't have to play a basilisk blood (BB), then wait, especially if the false god (FG) usually gets a weapon out
2) The FG's like to hold onto creatures after you have used a gravity pull (GP) and will play them all at once to try and kill the voodoo doll (VD), play your BB's if the FG is holding onto a lot of cards
3) Sundials can be used for stalling or for drawing, each situation is different.  If the FG has a bad start, use them to draw to get the setup faster.
4) False Gods with rewinds won't use them on a voodoo doll that has no basilisk bloods on it.
heres me beating akebono unconventionally
Akebono is easy if you get a TU early.  Simply wait til he has one of his creatures with overdrive, use your TU on it, then use a BB on that creature, and any other creature he puts an overdrive on, set up a voodoo doll with only 1-2 BB's and a GP and when you draw any of the other TU's use them on your overdriven creature
chaos lord
Chaos Lord is all luck.  Mutations and Druids are just as bad as rewinds as they screw the combo over.  But sometimes you will get a monster of a creature, and then from there, you use the TU's on that, because it will produce a stronger creature for you, possibly with a good ability, and use the BB's on his creatures
dark matter
???
decay
Only 2 situations will let you beat decay.  1) You start with a pillar  2) He plays no pests, If you start with a pillar, then it is still about luck, hoping he doesn't steal your entropy with his pest, if he plays no pests, and you get a supernova off, your odds of winning are pretty good
destiny
Just like Chaos Lord, you need luck, hoping that he gets no rewinds, but even if he rewinds your voodoo doll once, try two more times, if he rewinds threee times, then its ok to quit, unless he has little to no creatures out at the time.  only play one BB on a voodoo to check for the rewinds
divine glory
Easy, especially if he gets no fire, if he gets fire early, then you just need the combo early, otherwise use the sundials to stall, and save your BB's so you can stop his morning glory in the weapon slot
dream catcher
Least favourite FG no matter what deck I've played, because of discord.  But he is still pretty easy providing you can stick it out until you are able to play a supernova.  His creatures are weak, so you will have about 6-9 turns on average if he gets the 1st/2nd turn discord on you.  If you cant seem to get the 2 entropy in those turns, you will lose.  Also, if he gets a discord and pest on you right away, just quit.
elidnis
Nothing special here, just get the combo out and stall with the sundial
eternal phoenix
A fast FG, so your draws have to be pretty good, as the sundials will most likely be destroyed, use a BB on a crimson dragon if he gets one out early
ferox
fire queen
gemini
Gemini can be tricky because he will spam TU's when you start to get a big advantage or if his odds of winning by doing so are really high.  A similar tactic to akebono can be used.
graviton
Always fun, TU an oty if graviton played a momentum on it, and he won't play a GP on it if you have a voodoo doll out with GP already on it, then from there you can eat any of his creatures with momentum, and if you need more time eat the others too, and his shield can't stop the oty, so you will do damage each turn, requiring less overall damage on the voodoo doll for the TU combo
hecate
Nothing special here, just get the combo out and stall with the sundial, his rage elixirs don't do enough damage total to kill you, and sometimes sundials will cause his 3x rage elixired voodoos to die from the liquid shadow played on them
hermes
Nothing special here, just get the combo out and stall with the sundial if they are not destroyed, he can be fast, but not overly difficult
incarnate
jezebel
Nothing special here, just get the combo out and stall with the sundial, she will steal the sundials, but that is ok, it just means she still cannot attack.  Most nymphs have low damage, so you usually will have a lot of time to get what you need
lionheart
He really doesn't have that many eternities, so if he doesn't play one, you will win, and even sometimes when he does play one, he uses his hourglasses so much that he does not have enough time quanta left over
miracle
morte
neptune
LOL @ neptune
obliterator, was his turn and he didnt draw anything to help, attacked my grav pulled voodoo ftw
Nothing special here, just get the combo out and stall with the sundial, i find he ignores the sundials if he has his pulvy out, dunno why, but its nice, also you can TU a dragon with momentum on it to speed up the process, he likes to hold creatures in his hand
octane
Just have to beat out the unstable gases, no real strategy required
osiris
has rewinds and eternity, so draw out the rewinds like with destiny, and a BB on a voodoo takes care of the eternity.  Always attempt, because you never know.
paradox
Nothing special here, just get the combo out and stall with the sundial, likes to spam TU's like gemini, but generally really easy
rainbow
If you don't have a GP, no worries, rainbow will do it for you sometimes, one of the easiest FG's to play against but yet, the only FG I would rather not because his deck has so many different cards, I find spinning a card next to impossible, as of right now I have never won a card from rainbow
scorpio
Can get a lot of poison against you fairly quickly, so you need to get the combo out fast, BB any of the poison creatures, using up to 3 of the BB's if needed to stall as long as possible
serket, EM
Nothing special here, just get the combo out and stall with the sundial, if you don't get the combo out fast or you don't draw your sundials to stall and draw, you will get a lot of poison on you very fast, then you have no chance
« Last Edit: June 14, 2012, 07:43:08 am by willng3 »

LStanley82

Re: twin magic, fg killer https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=23950.msg306108#msg306108
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2011, 07:05:31 pm »
looks ALOT like Shak'aahs Revenge, with a more "controlled deployment"

I agree it wins more consistently, but it won't profit more as it takes longer to play...

its a good balance, and a fresh take on an old idea...  ;)

Re: twin magic, fg killer https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=23950.msg306110#msg306110
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2011, 07:06:47 pm »
remove hourglass.. get a precog...
hourglass costs too much to be effective

Offline Bhlewos

• Reputation Power: 10
  • Bhlewos is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.Bhlewos is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • Cautiously returning to the game
Re: twin magic, fg killer https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=23950.msg306111#msg306111
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2011, 07:07:57 pm »
Seems like Rewind could wreck this strategy, but other than that I don't see any weaknesses. Haven't been playing FGs very long though so others might find flaws.

I like this deck, with the best luck possible you could do up to 160 without TU-ing the enemy's creatures. But why only two Gravity Pulls?

Offline bucky1andonlyTopic starter

• Reputation Power: 9
  • bucky1andonly is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • New to Elements
Re: twin magic, fg killer https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=23950.msg306119#msg306119
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2011, 07:13:01 pm »
just like shakars, rewinds do hurt, gotta be lucky with seism in hope he doesnt get any, osiris is just out, and lionheart can be beaten if he only gets 1 eternity, and you bb your voodoo to freeze it, or just bb the eternity if its animated
also, chaos lord and destiny with their fallen elfs and mutates stop the deck too.

the hourglass has helped more than any shield has, and that is from testing out different cards for that one card slot

Quote from: LStanley82
but it won't profit more as it takes longer to play..
not true, profits more because it wins more often than shakars, and the games can last from 8-13 turns, which isnt all that long.  plus, the score gain aspect is nice, where if you use shakars, with the 23% (not sure exactly, in the 20's)
win rate means youre losing score

only 2 grav pulls because with the sundials stalling, and allowing you to draw cards, and the hourglass which can let you draw up to 8 cards, 2 is enough, well i havent had too many issues about it.

Re: twin magic, fg killer https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=23950.msg306121#msg306121
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2011, 07:13:55 pm »
Seems like Rewind could wreck this strategy, but other than that I don't see any weaknesses. Haven't been playing FGs very long though so others might find flaws.

I like this deck, with the best luck possible you could do up to 160 without TU-ing the enemy's creatures. But why only two Gravity Pulls?
you don't know how the deck works... do you?

but yes, accidentally, you stumbled upon its main weakness (rewind), seism, destiny, and lionheart are impossible

Offline jumpoffduck

• Reputation Power: 2
  • jumpoffduck is a Spark waiting for a buff.
Re: twin magic, fg killer https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=23950.msg306125#msg306125
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2011, 07:20:08 pm »
Haven't tested it out, but I guess this deck has enough drawing power so that it doesn't need a 3rd GP. Also, with the best luck possible you can do (20+6*20-1)*4 = 556 damage, which is, of course, enough to kill a FG.

Offline Bhlewos

• Bhlewos is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.Bhlewos is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
Re: twin magic, fg killer https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=23950.msg306129#msg306129
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2011, 07:22:13 pm »
What do you mean? My thinking was if you played a Voodoo Doll and Basilisk Blood'd and Gravity Pull'd it, and then a turn later it was Rewound...you'd lose both spell cards and half your source of damage to the FG. Is there another way Rewind could kill the deck?

Re: twin magic, fg killer https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=23950.msg306131#msg306131
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2011, 07:24:11 pm »
What do you mean? My thinking was if you played a Voodoo Doll and Basilisk Blood'd and Gravity Pull'd it, and then a turn later it was Rewound...you'd lose both spell cards and half your source of damage to the FG. Is there another way Rewind could kill the deck?
no, you were right about rewind...
but you said: "with the best luck possible you could do up to 160 without TU-ing the enemy's creatures"
which is wrong...
since you don't TU your enemy's creatures... you TU your doll

Offline Bhlewos

Re: twin magic, fg killer https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=23950.msg306134#msg306134
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2011, 07:26:13 pm »
Oh I see. I didn't know a TU'd doll would keep Gravity Pull.

Offline YoungSot

• Reputation Power: 18
  • YoungSot is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.YoungSot is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.YoungSot is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • SootySot!
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake5th Trials - Master of FireWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: twin magic, fg killer https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=23950.msg306136#msg306136
« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2011, 07:28:02 pm »

When you PU a damaged doll, it damages the opponent again as if the new doll had also just taken all the damage the original doll has taken, which is the key strategy for decks like this and Shakar's.

Offline ddevans96

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 113
  • ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • now palafrost
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSilver Donor9th Trials - Master of WaterSlice of Elements 6th Birthday Cake8th Trials - Master of WaterSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeWinner of the Harry Potter PvP House CupSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: twin magic, fg killer https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=23950.msg306217#msg306217
« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2011, 09:37:46 pm »
Oh I see. I didn't know a TU'd doll would keep Gravity Pull.
It doesn't.
discord / twitter: palafrost - 2x master of water - false god enthusiast
twitch: palafrost - speedrunner, ex-celeste, currently hades
avatar: makoto [persona 5] by asukabaka

anything
blarg: