*Author

rainingblood

The Immortal Egg-Layer (False God Deck) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=22308.msg283493#msg283493
« on: March 05, 2011, 01:28:31 am »
Deck Helper comment: 
This deck was posted before the 1.32 game update and as a result may work very differently now.  Use at your own risk.

I present to you, the immortal egg-layer.

Hover over cards for details, click for permalink
Deck import code : [Select]
7ap 7ap 7ba 7ba 7ba 7ba 7ba 7ba 7bu 7bu 7n2 7q0 7q0 7q0 7q0 7q0 7q0 7q0 7q0 7q0 7q2 7q2 7q5 7q5 7q5 7q5 7q5 7q5 7q7 7q8 7ri 7ri 7ri 7ri 7ri 7ri 7ri 80d 80d 80d 80d 80d 80d 80h 80h 8pu

? ? ? = MITOSIS

Simple idea really. Step 1: SURVIVE long enough to play mitosis and quint on a fate egg and start multiplying. Step two: send false god into oblivion. Some other obvious tips include: (1) keeping yourself alive with SoGs and phase shields; (2) playing Anubis with a quint asap; (3) immortalizing your army against CC; (4) using an animated Eternity with quint against PC; and (5) preventing deck out with reverse time. Also, there are lots of permanents in the deck so you should be able to distract most false gods from the shields. Don't have the patience to work out a strategy guide, and no stats yet, but I'll try updating it soon. Sorry if a similar deck has already been posted, I haven't seen it.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2013, 02:28:55 am by willng3 »

wavedash

Re: The Immortal Egg-Layer (False God Deck) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=22308.msg283532#msg283532
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2011, 02:48:45 am »
Wow, that's a very clever idea, I hadn't thought of that application of Mitosis.

You might want to try a Mark of Life, with maybe one each of Time and Aether Pendulums.

Offline ratcharmer

• Reputation Power: 10
  • ratcharmer is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.ratcharmer is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • I'm back, it's been a while.
Re: The Immortal Egg-Layer (False God Deck) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=22308.msg298149#msg298149
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2011, 10:06:18 pm »
This comes SO CLOSE to being the first deck to do anything with a fate egg other than goofing off. For that, I salute you.

However, I can't get this deck to work at all in testing :'(

Basically this deck technically can kill a FG, but the odds are stacked so high against it things are a little ridiculous.

A more detailed overview of testing the deck:
I tested for several hours, and while I didn't track wins/loses the results were pretty obvious:

The entire time I beat one FG (lionheart, by deckout). While the stalling portion of the deck works quite well (SoG & phase shield are staples of many anti-FG decks) the offensive portion might as well not even be there.

Here's a list of things that need to line up before this deck can actually kill a FG:

1) Survive long enough to combo. This is true of any anti-FG deck, but keep it in mind. You need to draw the SoG's to keep you alive early on, then phase shields later. A FG can easily kill you before you play a phase shield if you have a bad draw. Remember, any deck that survives on phase shields is essentially racing the clock.

2) Draw the combo. There are at least four cards which you need before you can even begin the offensive combo of this deck, each of which has only two copies in the deck. Ideally, Anubis should be in there too, and there's only one of him. What this means is odds aren't good you'll be drawing the combo any time soon, and you often end up with your hand clogged with useless cards you need later on. I actually ended up doomed early on in several games because I was forced to discard something I needed, or play phase shields early.
The hourglasses help with the odds of drawing the combo, but actually make the hand clogging worse.

3) Getting :life . One of the needed combo cards is one of the two :life pendulums. Notably, even after playing a pendulum it's still five turns before that pendulum gives you enough :life to actually play mitosis, even assuming NONE of your SoGs use :life (a long shot). That's almost two whole phase shields worth of delay, even if you've drawn all your combo cards.

4) Playing the combo. Even once you have your combo out and you're churning out immortal eggs it's no walk in the park. The average damage of a hatched creature is ~3.5. That means unless you get extremely lucky you will not kill a FG before your shields run out. Even if you get the combo out early.

Other things that screw over this deck:
-If eternity is on the bottom you WILL deck out.
-If anubis is on the bottom and the FG has even semi-decent cc you're doomed.
-If a phase shield gets pc'd you're doomed.
-If you don't fly eternity and it gets pc'd you're doomed.
-If you do fly eternity and the FG plays ice shield, turtle shield, thorn carapace of fire buckler odds are good you'll deck out.
-Anything that bypasses the shields (poison, momentum, bolts, catapult) is certain death.
-Devourers or BH can make it impossible to get enough :life for the combo.

The basic concept of the deck is actually good. Fate egg makes sense here to use in this context- it won't die from shields, can get around almost any defense (eventually) and uses :time quanta, which this deck pretty much swims in.
But at the end of the day, it's very slow and clumsy to execute, and even if it won as often as other FG decks it's still very slow (both winning and losing) and really expensive to build.

On a final note:
FIX QUANTA ISSUES. As I said above, waiting for enough :life is costing you at least two phase shields worth of time.

I'm really not trying to bash your deck, it's a clever idea and very original.

Re: The Immortal Egg-Layer (False God Deck) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=22308.msg298151#msg298151
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2011, 10:11:26 pm »
2 more eternities
and 1 AW
and one more quint

Re: The Immortal Egg-Layer (False God Deck) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=22308.msg298165#msg298165
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2011, 10:29:40 pm »
Brilliant idea!
Here's  my take on it:
Hover over cards for details, click for permalink
Deck import code : [Select]
6u3 6u3 6u3 6u3 6u3 6u3 6ve 6ve 6ve 6ve 7ap 7ap 7ap 7q2 7q2 7q2 7q2 7q7 7q7 7q7 7ri 7ri 7ri 7ri 7ri 7ri 81q 81q 81q 81q 8ps

? ? ? = Mitosis

Offline Onizuka

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Onizuka hides under a Cloak.
  • Donuts!
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday Cake1st Person to Escape the TempleSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeChampionship League 2/2012 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeWinner of the Harry Potter PvP House Cup - HoH5th Trials - Master of EntropyWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: The Immortal Egg-Layer (False God Deck) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=22308.msg298214#msg298214
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2011, 11:29:14 pm »
I also had similar problems with the deck, so I decided to make a new one, based around your concept.

(http://helltgivre.free.fr/elements/?deck=z56rnz17apz27bu7n2z47q0z37q2z17q3z37q5z17q7z27q8z37riz381q8ps)

Instead of one eternity, I went with 3. Having an eternity out easily helps control the FG. Procrastination also helps stall. Then the hourglasses bring you to all your cards, and then don't deck out by using eternities on unhatched mitosis'd eggs.

I've beaten destiny so far, I assume gods with no PC and minimal CC should prove equally viable.
You're just as selfish as I am. You're just not as good at it yet.

Offline Seraph

• Reputation Power: 7
  • Seraph is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • New to Elements
Re: The Immortal Egg-Layer (False God Deck) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=22308.msg350462#msg350462
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2011, 12:20:40 pm »
I really like Funeral Laughter's version, it's just so... elegant
But Onizuka's looks effective
Do either of you have statistics?

anything
blarg: funerallaughter