*Author

Offline ZephyrPhantomTopic starter

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 101
  • ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeFlavour Text Revival Competition - WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Dark Adept | Dark Sage https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=21762.msg278848#msg278848
« on: February 26, 2011, 07:13:54 am »
NAME:
Dark Adept
ELEMENT:
Darkness
COST:
4 :darkness
TYPE:
Creature
ATK|HP:
1 | 3
TEXT:
:darkness  :darkness  :darkness : Shadow - Add a Black Dragon to target player's hand.
NAME:
Dark Sage
ELEMENT:
Darkness
COST:
TYPE:
Creature
ATK|HP:
1 | 4
TEXT:
:darkness  :darkness  :darkness : Deimotic - Add an Obsidian Dragon to target player's hand. 
ART:
Zblader
IDEA:
Zblader
NOTES:
If the target's hand is full, Shadow / Deimotic has no effect.

:darkness
Darkness, a hand's sleight.
Manipulation, not evil.
Heroes of Night.

Note : Due to multiple misunderstandings I would like to remind everyone that the dragons do not get played. They are added to your hand. This makes them more expensive than playing a normal dragon, not cheaper.
SERIES:
Adept/Sage Series (http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,22551.0.html)
NAME:
Dark Adept
ELEMENT:
Darkness
COST:
TYPE:
Creature
ATK|HP:
1 | 3
TEXT:
Generates :darkness each turn.
:darkness  :darkness  :darkness : Shadow - Add a Black Dragon to target player's hand.
NAME:
Dark Sage
ELEMENT:
Darkness
COST:
TYPE:
Creature
ATK|HP:
1 | 3
TEXT:
Generates :darkness  :darkness each turn.
:darkness  :darkness  :darkness : Deimotic - Add an Obsidian Dragon to target player's hand. 
ART:
Zblader
IDEA:
Zblader
NOTES:
If the target's hand is full, Shadow / Deimotic has no effect.
SERIES:
Adept/Sage Series (Coming soon...)

Offline Bieber4Ever98

• Reputation Power: 5
  • Bieber4Ever98 is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • I'm interested in this game.
Re: Dark Adept | Dark Sage https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=21762.msg278923#msg278923
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2011, 09:50:08 am »
It is a powerful card. With some devourers and adepts you can spam easy dragons. I don't see it's use in any other decks other than mono darkness deck.

Good work on the art it fits the concept. But i do not like the get a dragon to hand effect very well. Also devourers already generate quanta for darkness. I would like to remake this into something cooler,  related to the ability name shadow.
My real-life sucks. So i come online to compensate that.

Offline EmeraldTiger

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 61
  • EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!
  • :life :aether
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: Dark Adept | Dark Sage https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=21762.msg278944#msg278944
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2011, 12:32:48 pm »
It is a powerful card. With some devourers and adepts you can spam easy dragons. I don't see it's use in any other decks other than mono darkness deck.

Good work on the art it fits the concept. But i do not like the get a dragon to hand effect very well. Also devourers already generate quanta for darkness. I would like to remake this into something cooler,  related to the ability name shadow.
I agree cost may be to low
If Nowhere is Somewhere, and Somewhere is Over there, How can we be Anywhere?
:life :aether

• Legendary Member
  • ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeFlavour Text Revival Competition - WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: Dark Adept | Dark Sage https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=21762.msg279298#msg279298
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2011, 12:58:42 am »

I agree cost may be to low
Alright, I've removed the quanta generation ability.

@Nik_V , it could be also useful in rainbows if you had a continous source of Darkness quanta. Also it would probably also work in a :darkness / :time deck based around Nightmare and GotP .

• Legendary Member
Re: Dark Adept | Dark Sage https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=21762.msg282634#msg282634
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2011, 11:40:02 pm »
Bump for additonal feedback.

Wonder

Re: Dark Adept | Dark Sage https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=21762.msg282660#msg282660
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2011, 12:14:14 am »
Shouldn't you increase the ability cost of this creature?
I mean, it does take one turn for the card to be able to use it's ability.
But essentially, you're only spending 7  :darkness for a 10 :darkness creature..
Just my opinion.

• Legendary Member
Re: Dark Adept | Dark Sage https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=21762.msg284170#msg284170
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2011, 10:30:22 pm »
But essentially, you're only spending 7  :darkness for a 10 :darkness creature.. Actually, it takes 13 :darkness , 3 :darkness to add to hand, and 10 :darkness to play it.
Just my opinion.
Bump for additional feedback.

Wonder

Re: Dark Adept | Dark Sage https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=21762.msg284243#msg284243
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2011, 12:28:02 am »
But essentially, you're only spending 7  :darkness for a 10 :darkness creature.. Actually, it takes 13 :darkness , 3 :darkness to add to hand, and 10 :darkness to play it.
Just my opinion.
Bump for additional feedback.
Oh I misread it xD Alright

Re: Dark Adept | Dark Sage https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=21762.msg317176#msg317176
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2011, 08:55:32 pm »
It's useful for Nightmare decks, put zillions of Dragons into your opponent's hand... Unless he has the same deck.

EDIT: 200th post, WOOHOO!!![/u][/i][/b]

Offline grim1771

• Reputation Power: 1
  • grim1771 is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • New to Elements
Re: Dark Adept | Dark Sage https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=21762.msg318393#msg318393
« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2011, 07:25:05 pm »
This might be a bad idea but i was thinking it puts 2 in the hand and if the target has 7 cards in their hand they take an amount of damage.

• Legendary Member
Re: Dark Adept | Dark Sage https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=21762.msg318492#msg318492
« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2011, 09:17:48 pm »
This might be a bad idea but i was thinking it puts 2 in the hand and if the target has 7 cards in their hand they take an amount of damage.
It's a good thought, but it wouldn't fit on the card. Darkness already has Nightmare for hand denial and damage, which this is meant to work with.  You can also get a source of damage by adding the Dragons to your hand instead.

Re: Dark Adept | Dark Sage https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=21762.msg318571#msg318571
« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2011, 11:15:34 pm »
Yeah, this + nightmare = no hand use for your opponent

blarg: