*Author

Offline KuroaitouTopic starter

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 82
  • Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeMaster of Mafia10th Trials - Master of TimeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSilver DonorSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner
Probability Revised - Fate Egg Statistics! https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=18930.msg241465#msg241465
« on: January 06, 2011, 04:46:50 am »
First off; I'm not a deck tester. I'm not very good when it comes down to analyzing what card could be replaced in order to make a deck .003 turns faster than normal, not to mention we already have plenty of dedicated testers for the turns-to-win study (*hint hint ;)*). That said, I decided to take up a small (and probably more trivial) study to look at, regarding the probability of Fate Eggs (and in the future, Nymph's Tears, Mutations, or other statistics hopefully).

So without further ado, here's the study.

The objective of this study was to figure out what creatures most commonly hatch from eggs, and more importantly, the probability of having a Fate Egg hatch into either a Dragon of a Nymph of any element. (The reason being that dragons and Nymphs are generally the most potentially powerful creatures (in attack power or utility) compared to the rest of their element's creatures)

Specialized Egg Hatchery
Code: [Select]
7q0 7q0 7q0 7q0 7q0 7q0 7q0 7q0 7q0 7q0 7q2 7q2 7q2 7q2 7q2 7q2 7qb 7qb 7qb 7qb 7ri 7ri 7ri 808 808 808 808 80i 80i 80i

The above deck was just randomly thrown together to pump out as many (potential) eggs as possible against a Level 1 A.I., the easiest* computer player with the least amount of creature control. For the most part, my tactic was to first put as many eggs out on the field (ignoring potential AOE creature control such as Unstable Gas or Plague) and then all hatch them in a turn when the field was as full as it could get, then write down what creatures were hatched in a excel sheet. I often lost, because I hatched the eggs to late to deal 100 damage in a turn, but that variable is irrelevant as win-loss ratio was insignificant - the most important part was to figure out the probabilities, not improve the win rate of a fate egg deck.

* = Note that while 'Level 0' or dueling a random player's 'suicide' deck would be more guaranteed to have 23 eggs on the field to hatch simultaneously, I didn't want to detract another player's time from playing the game (nor be bothered by tutorials while I'm spamming the Hatch ability on the field).

Creature Tables and Distribution

ElementCreatureHatched #ElementCreatureHatched #ElementCreatureHatched #
:aether
Ball Lightning
:air
Damselfly
:darkness
Pest
Phase Recluse
Elite Wyrm
Bloodsucker
Immortal
Elite Firefly
Vampire
Elite Phase Dragon
Elite Queen
Gargoyle
Aether Nymph
Sky Dragon
Voodoo Doll
:death
Retrovirus
Air Nymph
Obsidian Dragon
Elite Skeleton
:earth
Gnome Gemfinder
Dark Nymph
Flesh Recluse
Antlion
:entropy
Micro Abomination
Condor
Steel Golem
Werewolf
Elite Mummy
Elite Graboid
Maxwell's Demon
Deathstalker
Elite Shrieker
Fallen Druid
Ivory Dragon
Basalt Dragon
Schrödinger’s Cat
Death Nymph
Earth Nymph
Amethyst Dragon
:fire
Brimstone Eater
:gravity
Graviton Guard
Purple Nymph
Fire Spectre
Elite Armagio
:life
Giant Frog
Lava Destroyer
Elite Charger
Elite Cockatrice
Minor Phoenix
Elite Otyugh
Leaf Dragon
Ruby Dragon
Graviton Firemaster
Forest Spectre
Fire Nymph
Massive Dragon
Scorpion
:light
Ray of Light
Gravity Nymph
Jade Dragon
Elite Pegasus
:time
Elite Deja Vu
Life Nymph
Archangel
Fate Egg
:water
Physalia
Crusader
Elite Scarab
Abyss Crawler
Light Dragon
Elite Anubis
Puffer Fish
Light Nymph
Dune Scorpion
Ulitharid
Pharaoh
Steam Machine
Silurian Dragon
Arctic Octopus
Golden Nymph
Arctic Dragon
Water Nymph

Element Distribution
ELEMENTHatchedELEMENTHatched
:aether28 :air42
:darkness40 :death57
:earth52 :entropy48
:fire40 :gravity40
:life40 :light47
:time34 :water42

Dragons Hatched78Nymphs Hatched85TOTAL EGGS HATCHED510
Percentage of Dragons0.152941176 (15.3%)Percentage of Nymphs0.166666667 (16.7% or 1/6)TOTAL100%

A few notes:
  • The creatures that are italicized never hatched once during the study. While some of them may seem logical (Fate Egg hatching into a Fate Egg shouldn't happen), others are a bit strange (Steel Golem, Silurian Dragon, Elite Scarab, & Elite Immortal) A good chunk of non-hatchable creatures come from the Time element.
  • Again, these are only accounting for upgraded creatures. Regular Fate Egg distribution should be somewhat the same.

Comments, Suggestions, Questions, and Feedback appreciated. :)

Memorystick

Re: Probability Revised - Fate Egg Statistics! https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=18930.msg241469#msg241469
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2011, 04:59:41 am »
I'd like to point out that the no-hatch list includes chimera (for obvious reasons), immortal, scarab, devonian dragon, and fate egg. I don't know why you didn't get any golems, but I've gotten quite a few hematite golems from eggs (and seems to have been the old :time/ :aether elder's favorite hatch) In my opinion, though, 510 eggs might not be a large enough sample for the number of other creatures.

Offline TheCrazyMango

• Reputation Power: 21
  • TheCrazyMango is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.TheCrazyMango is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.TheCrazyMango is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.TheCrazyMango is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.
  • Some call me 9270984, some call me numbers.
  • Awards: Winner of the 1st MetamorphosisSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: Probability Revised - Fate Egg Statistics! https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=18930.msg241470#msg241470
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2011, 05:01:18 am »
Most hatched element, death. Most hatched card, Deathstalker.
(for those of you who got scared by the wall of text)
[17:26:47] Iman00b8: Firestalls are like Jews... most people make fun of them and say this dislike 'em, but in the end they use them to make them money.

Offline KuroaitouTopic starter

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 82
  • Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeMaster of Mafia10th Trials - Master of TimeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSilver DonorSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Probability Revised - Fate Egg Statistics! https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=18930.msg241476#msg241476
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2011, 05:29:41 am »
I'd like to point out that the no-hatch list includes chimera (for obvious reasons), immortal, scarab, devonian dragon, and fate egg. I don't know why you didn't get any golems, but I've gotten quite a few hematite golems from eggs (and seems to have been the old :time/ :aether elder's favorite hatch) In my opinion, though, 510 eggs might not be a large enough sample for the number of other creatures.
Ah, yes. Forgot to include Chimera in the table... >_< Ugh.

That said, I guess the stats could be increased to ~1000 instead of 500, so I could hopefully get a Steel Golem during one of those hatches, but aside from that, I don't recall why the other creatures (immortal, scarab, and devonian dragon) aren't allowed to hatch from a Fate Egg. I'm guessing it involves something regarding exploitation of playing a Fate Egg to obtain another stronger :time creature, but that's just an awkward assumption...

I'll see if I can get a few more games in to increase the total to over 1k. :)

Offline Kamietsu

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 47
  • Kamietsu is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Kamietsu is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Kamietsu is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Kamietsu is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Kamietsu is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Kamietsu is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Kamietsu is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Kamietsu is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Kamietsu is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.
  • Old to Elements
  • Awards: Spell Art Competition WinnerWinner of the MASH-UP CompetitionFunny Card Competition WinnerWinner of
Re: Probability Revised - Fate Egg Statistics! https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=18930.msg241479#msg241479
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2011, 05:40:16 am »
Great study! :D I like the table you have there, it's a really interesting look at Fate Egg and what comes out of it. Karma for it :D
╔╦╦═╦══╦╗  ( ̄ー ̄) --Snorlax says:
║═╣╬║║║║║    Eat your shower, brush your toothpaste, take your teeth.
╚╩╩╩╩╩╩╩╝

Van Cleef

Re: Probability Revised - Fate Egg Statistics! https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=18930.msg241492#msg241492
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2011, 06:36:37 am »
I have to ask, is there a difference between the actual game fate egg and the trainer fate egg?  It'd be so much easier there with this deck:

Code: [Select]
7q2 7q2 7q2 7q2 7q2 7q2 7qb 7qb 7qb 7qb 7qb 7qb 808 808 808 808 808 808 808 808 808 808 808 808 80i 80i 80i 80i 80i 80i
And 100x quanta and the whole shebang.  The matches seem to take a little more than 2 minutes.  If anything it would find another discrepancy between the trainer and the actual game.  Mark of time works just as well...

WakSkylicker

Re: Probability Revised - Fate Egg Statistics! https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=18930.msg241509#msg241509
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2011, 07:22:13 am »
Problem: Won't you have to restart every time new cards are added?

Offline Raptor6789

• Reputation Power: 4
  • Raptor6789 is a Spark waiting for a buff.
Re: Probability Revised - Fate Egg Statistics! https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=18930.msg241920#msg241920
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2011, 09:50:42 pm »
very interesting.
i wonder if the distribution is significantly different for un-upped fate eggs.

fate egg SHOULD be random though, so my hypothesis is if we do it 1 million times  :o, or some other large number, each creature would have the same percentage. but of course, no one has the time to do it 1 million times.

Offline Daytripper

• Reputation Power: 6
  • Daytripper is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • Transferred veteran
Re: Probability Revised - Fate Egg Statistics! https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=18930.msg241988#msg241988
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2011, 11:04:56 pm »
Nice idea.

I would not go as far as that. There are some 75 ish creatures in that sample, which means the chance for a particular creature isn't mch more than 1% if random. Statistically, 500 is a decent sample. 1000 is even better, but certainly you dont need a million tests.

Now the lowest tests are 2, the highest 15. Looks like a huge gap to me. It would not surprise me if anyone with an ANOVA could show that that distribution is not random.   
Shards aren't overpowered, as long as you have them yourself.

Offline GG

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 28
  • GG is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.GG is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.GG is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.GG is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.GG is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.
  • Retired from everything...
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 5th Birthday Cake3rd Trials - Master of Gravity2nd Trials - Master of GravityC-C-C-Combo Maker Winner!Weekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 1/2011 WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 3/2010 2nd PlaceNew Passive Ability Competition Winner
Re: Probability Revised - Fate Egg Statistics! https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=18930.msg242028#msg242028
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2011, 11:46:57 pm »
I loled at the 'specialized egg hatchery'.

Funny (and pertaining to your element) investigation you're doing, Kuro. I like.

That field of yours full of totally random creatures just seem damn awesome.
Ex-Master of :gravity, still a fervid supporter! GO GRAVY!

Re: Probability Revised - Fate Egg Statistics! https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=18930.msg242081#msg242081
« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2011, 12:57:00 am »
put in 3 upped and 3 unupped eggs in ur deck, then try.

Offline chum3

• Reputation Power: 4
  • chum3 is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • New to Elements
Re: Probability Revised - Fate Egg Statistics! https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=18930.msg242437#msg242437
« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2011, 03:23:59 pm »
I was just wondering about this the other day. :) Good stuff.

So would you say that each creature, individually, has the same chance of coming from a Fate Egg as any other creature? I might have missed this somewhere in your post, so sorry if I did.

blarg: