*Author

Scaredgirl

The Noob Diaries - How to Become Rich in 8 Hours https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=11367.msg139805#msg139805
« on: August 16, 2010, 01:11:18 pm »
The
Noob Diaries
1. Start a new account
2. Play for 8 hours, 1 hour at a time
3. Try to become rich as fast as possible
4. Keep a diary of progress

This project is all about getting rich fast. If you want to stay poor, please stop reading now.

I will use step-by-step tutorials, and then use these tutorials with my own new account. I will play about 1 hour at a time using a stopwatch and I will post my progress on this topic. After 8 hours we will see how much money and score I have managed to collect.

Lets begin!

Part 1 - The Beginning
59 minutes

1. Make a new Account
Pick a cool name for your account. I chose NoobDiaries. Insert a password that is difficult to guess (no "123456"  please). Also add an email that you actually use, so that you can get your password back if you forget it.

2. Pick an Element
Pick Darkness. Why? Because Darkness has the most expensive started deck, meaning that when you sell those cards,  like we are going to do, you will get the most money. If you pick something other than Darkness, you have failed  and cannot built the deck we are about to build.

3. Re-build your starter deck
Most players pick an element, and then build a starter deck around that element. We are going to do it a bit  differently. We are going to sell everything, and build a brand new rainbow deck.

This is a very simple process but it takes a few minutes. Basically we first remove cards for your deck, sell  them, buy new ones, and add those new ones to the deck. Remove, sell, buy, add.. remove, sell, buy, add.. etc.

Do the following steps in that same exact order:

MANAGE DECKBAZAAR
- Remove cards #31-40
- Sell cards #31-40
- Buy 6 x Quantum Pillar and 6 x Nova
- Add 6 x Quantum Pillar and 6 x Nova
- Remove cards #31-42
- Sell cards #31-42
- Buy
  • 2 x Lycanthrope
  • 1 x Mummy
  • 1 x Sapphire Charger
  • 4 x Graboid
- Add
  • 2 x Lycanthrope
  • 1 x Mummy
  • 1 x Sapphire Charger
  • 4 x Graboid
- Remove cards #31-38
- Sell cards #31-38
- Buy
  • 3 x Forest Spirit
  • 1 x Lava Golem
  • 1 x Pegasus
- Add
  • 3 x Forest Spirit
  • 1 x Lava Golem
  • 1 x Pegasus
- Remove cards #31-35
- Sell cards #31-35
- Buy
  • 1 x Phase Spider
- Add
  • 1 x Phase Spider
- Remove card #31
- Sell card #31
Finished!

If you did as instructed, you should have 16 electrum left and the following deck:

Code: [Select]
4sa 4sa 4sa 4sa 4sa 4sa 4sa 4sa 4sa 4t3 4vh 4vh 4vj 4vj 4vj 4vj 4vj 4vj 52t 55l 590 590 590 590 5c1 5c1 5c1 5fa 5lb 620If you have something else, you failed, and have the option of either resetting your account and doing it all over  again (this time doing it correctly), or simply going ahead with what you got and fixing it later.

Your deck needs one more fix before we are ready to go do some grinding. But first we need a bit of cash.

4. Do the first quest
Go kill level 0 opponent. Once finished, collect your reward. Finish the next 2 quests instantly (as you have  already done them).

Now we can go do the final tweak in your deck that we couldn't afford to do in the beginning.

Bazaar: buy 1 x Hammer (from 'Others')
Manage Deck: remove 1 x Dagger
Manage Deck: add 1 x Hammer

Your awesome starter rainbow deck is now finished!
4sa 4sa 4sa 4sa 4sa 4sa 4sa 4sa 4sa 4t5 4vh 4vh 4vj 4vj 4vj 4vj 4vj 4vj 52t 55l 590 590 590 590 5c1 5c1 5c1 5fa 5lb 620This deck is a fast and powerful starter rainbow rush deck. I made it using the same principle I used when making  my first rainbow deck back in the day.

The main goal is to:
  • Take damage dealing cards only. Don't take a single defensive or supportive card because they slow you down. "But how about if I take a shield?" No. Don't take it because you don't need it.
  • Use all types of quanta. Try to use all types of quantum (12). Every type you are not using is a type that is wasted. It's better to have a mediocre card that you can afford to play, then to have a good card that you cannot afford to play.
  • Balance quantum usage. The deck I built uses all types of quanta pretty evenly with the exception of :earth which has higher usage. However the deck has :earth mark which takes care of that problem. Earth mark also fits great because you get that one extra damage using Hammer, and sometimes that 1 damage is the difference between life and death.
5. Finish the last two quests
Your quest is to collect a score of 150, and after that you have to collect a score of 500. We are going to do  both quest with the same deck, fighting level 3 opponent only. It takes about 45-50 minutes of non-stop grinding.

My grinding went pretty smoothly. Most of the AI3's are very easy using this deck. The :entropy AI3 managed to beat me twice because of one card: Maxwell's Demon. That one card owned me both times because many creatures in this deck have higher attack than HP. Also it didn't help that I have unbelievably bad luck during both those losses. With first loss he had about 10 HP left. With second loss he had 1 HP left!

I really would have liked to be undefeated after first hour but unfortunately that damn Maxwell's Demon ruined my plans. :) Later I will tweak this deck a bit to include defensive cards that will help in those kinds of situations, but for now with AI3 grinding it's better to go full damage.

6. Pick a rare weapon
As a reward for finishing the 500 quests, you will receive a rare weapon. Read this topic  http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,3522.0.html for more information about which weapon you should choose.  I picked Eternity which is what I recommend others do as well because it's a great weapon to have later when  fighting False Gods.

End of part one
Score, wins and cash

Cards

Funny part was that it took exactly 59 minutes for me to go from starting an account to getting 500+ score. It almost seems like too convenient but I swear that it happened and I didn't cheat. :)

Join me next time when I go fight more dangerous opponents and hopefully get some upgraded cards.

Thanks for reading my adventures.

Comments or questions? Please post them below. Thanks.

Scaredgirl

Re: The Noob Diaries - How to become rich in 8 hours? https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=11367.msg139806#msg139806
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2010, 01:11:37 pm »
Part 2 - Half-Bloods suck
61 minutes

This phase was a failure. I could have been saved with some good luck, but unfortunately luck was not on my side. If you want to experience failure, or if you are feeling lucky, feel free to try this out.

Ok, it's time to move to bigger and better things. Next step after Elders (level 3) would be Top 50 (level 4).

Top 50 is best for getting rare weapons because most decks have them, and there are also "rare farm" decks full of only rares and pillars, made by other community members to help you. However Top 50 is way too difficult (very good decks upped cards) with and unpredictable for our purpose, which is getting rich fast. This is why we are skipping Top 50 and going directly to Half Bloods (level 5).

I have always disliked grinding Half Bloods. They have 200 HP which makes them difficult to kill with rush decks. You have to be really fast or there is a good chance you will get owned. And even if you manage to kill Half Blood, it takes much longer than killing AI3.

Good thing about Half Bloods is that you have a chance to win upgraded cards. Yes, same upgraded cards that are valued at 1.5k eletrum and sell for over 1k electrum. So if you win only one upgraded card in an hour, you have made more money than with grinding AI3. Then again if you don't win that upgraded card, you have made less money. It's basically a gamble.

1. Grind AI3 until you have 1173 electum
You need  1173 electrum. I had to fight AI1 9 times using the same deck as in part 1 to get extra money needed.

2. Build an anti-Half Blood deck
The deck I chose for HB grinding looks like this:

4t4 61o 61o 61o 61o 61o 61o 61o 61o 61o 61o 61o 61o 61o 61o 61o 61o 61s 61s 61t 61t 61t 61t 61t 61v 61v 61v 61v 61v 61vHB's have a big pile of HP which means you need defensive cards. :aether is a logical good choice because of the insane defensive power of chained Dimensional Shields. Other two cards are Immortals and Phase Dragons, both immaterial which is also important.

Strategy: Play Immortals and Dragons as soon as you can. Don't play Dimensional Shields yet. Try to estimate when you would die. If it looks like you might die the next turn, start playing Dimensional Shields. You need to chain them so that when one ends (there's a "0" on the shield), you play another one. With this kind of chaining, you could be invincible for up to 15 turns.

It's slow but gets the job done. Another good thing about it is that you don't have to think much, although that can be a bad thing too I guess.

3. Are you feeling lucky, punk?
My Half Blood grinding was a disaster. I've used this deck before, always with a great success. For some reason today the Gods of Elements decided to give me the finger and I had ridiculously bad luck. Not only didn't I win any upgraded cards, but I also lost half of the matches. Yes, freaking half!

Well, nothing I can do about it now. I can only hope that my luck changes during part 3. Otherwise I have to change the title of this topic to "How to fail in 8 hours".

End of part two
Score, wins and cash

Cards

Scaredgirl

Re: The Noob Diaries - How to become rich in 8 hours? https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=11367.msg139807#msg139807
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2010, 01:11:48 pm »
Part 3 - Back to Basics
60 minutes

After the failure in phase 2, I knew that I had to change something. I evaluated my options:

Option 1: Fight Top 50
Opponents are too tough, rewards too low. Great for getting rare cards, crappy for getting cash.

Option 2: Fight Half Bloods
Too luck dependent. Unless you get lucky and win upped cards, it's not worth the trouble. That 200 HP makes HB's both hard to beat, and time-consuming.

Option 3: Fight False Gods
Even if I sold all my cards, I would be able to upgrade only 1 card. That's not enough. To get consistent results, I need more upped cards seeing lady luck has not been on my side during this project.

Option 4: Back to grinding level 3
Yep. This is the best option. Sure it might be boring, and there it no sense of advancement, but it's also the most consistent option because winning percentage is high and you will make money as long as you keep grinding.

So option 4 it is, and I already have the deck for it. It's the same I built during phase 1.

4sa 4sa 4sa 4sa 4sa 4sa 4sa 4sa 4sa 4t5 4vh 4vh 4vj 4vj 4vj 4vj 4vj 4vj 52t 55l 590 590 590 590 5c1 5c1 5c1 5fa 5lb 620
1. Mindlessly grind level 3
Grind like you have never grinded before. Here are some tips:
  • Change quality to "low" to make animations faster
  • If your opponent will die for the damage you have on the table (all his HP is in yellow), don't bother to buff/play your creatures. Just click SPACE and enjoy your win.
  • There are many educational videos on YouTube and other video services. Put them on the background and mute Elements. This way you will learn something useful while you grind so it doesn't feel as time wasted. :)
  • After you win, when spinning the slot machine, if the first two cards of your last spin don't match, don't wait for the 3rd one because it doesn't make a difference.
Nothing more to say really. I grinded for 1 hour. Nothing special happened, despite the fact that I lost first two games which was pretty funny.

End of part three
Score, wins and cash

Cards

Scaredgirl

Re: The Noob Diaries - How to become rich in 8 hours? https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=11367.msg139808#msg139808
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2010, 01:11:56 pm »
Part 4 - Elemental Masteries
60 minutes

I wanted to do something different for a change. A lot of people grind with special decks designed to get Elemental Masteries. That means that you have full health when you kill the opponent. When you win with an Elemental Mastery, you bet a bonus to both cash prize and score. The theory is that even though these kinds of decks are slower than a full rush deck, the fact that they get EM's makes them better for grinding.

Lets test it out.

1. Build a Level 3 Elemental Mastery rush deck

4t4 5bs 5bs 5bs 5bs 5bs 5bs 5bs 5bs 5bs 5bs 5bs 5bu 5bu 5bu 5bu 5bu 5bu 5c0 5c0 5c0 5c0 5c0 5c0 5c2 5c2 5c2 5c2 5c2 5c2
This is a very simple deck. Here are some tips:
  • If you have 3 quanta, play Horned Frog + Short Sword. If you don't have those, play Cockatrice
  • If you have 4 quanta, play Cockatrice + Short Sword. If you don't have those, play 2 x Horned Frog
  • Save Heals for last. Play them just before you give the killing blow. This way you have 100 HP and get a EM
The deck worked pretty well I think. As usual I took a couple of losses. One of them was because I clicked a link on my browser toolbar. Rest were legit, and happened mainly because I has a slow start and the opponent could out-damage my healing.

9 wins were Elemental Masteries which gave me 40 Electrum each. However the deck is slower than the starter rainbow I've been using, so even though this one gets more EM's, the overall revenue was lower.

There are other EM decks too. One option is to go with Horned Frogs, Fractals and Empathic Bonds. It's even slower than what I used but it gets twice as much EM's.

Lesson learned: going for Elemental Masteries is not worth it.

Faster deck = more wins = more cards won = more revenue per hour

End of part four
Score, wins and cash

Cards

Scaredgirl

Re: The Noob Diaries - How to become rich in 8 hours? https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=11367.msg139809#msg139809
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2010, 01:12:06 pm »
Part 5 - Half-Bloods still suck
59 minutes

I was really disappointed with phase two results and getting pwned by Half Bloods. I wanted revenge.

I decided to combine two previous phases by designing a deck that could beat Half Bloods with Elemental Mastery. Here's what I came up with.

1. Build the Ultimate Elemental Mastery Grinder

The Ultimate Elemental Mastery Grinder
5bu 5bu 5bu 5bu 5c6 5c6 5c6 5c6 61t 61t 61t 61t 622 622 622 622 63a 63a 63a 63a 63a 63a 63a 63a 63a 63a 63a 63a 63a 63a**Missing cards are Aether Pendulums.**

You pretty much have to have Dimensional Shields when grinding Half Bloods and going for an EM. You also need some healing to give you full health before you deliver that finishing blow. I chose Empathic bonds. Fractal was a natural choice because I was already using :aether, and with it I could get a huge pile of Frogs to both deal some damage and heal me.

Strategy & Tips:
- Wait until you can play both a Frog and Fractal, and play them at the same time
- Save Dimensional Shields as long as possible, and start chaining them when you would otherwise be dead
- Remember that Fractal drains you dry, so always make sure you have that 6 :aether to play the next Dimensional Shield

Overall I think the deck was a success. It did exactly what it was supposed to do, which is win with Elemental Mastery. In fact all my wins were Elemental Masteries, which game a nice reward of 80 electrum.

Unfortunately I also took many losses. Most of then were my own fault because I failed with deckbuilding. For some reason I didn't even consider taking 30+ cards which I should have done. With a couple of more cards I could have avoided many deckouts. You see sometimes the problem is that the HB plays a shield, and these dumb frogs become pretty much useless. HB would eventually die, but a couple of turns before he does, you run out of cards.

Guess how many upped cards I won? Zero. Surprising, huh? That's right, once again the Gods of Elements gave me the finger and I won zero upped cards. It's a real shame because I was really counting on Half Bloods to give me that extra cash to become rich. Now I might have to rob a bank or something.

Only 3 hours left and I still have a long way to go. Future is not looking good. :)

End of part five
Score, wins and cash

Cards

Scaredgirl

Re: The Noob Diaries - How to become rich in 8 hours? https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=11367.msg139810#msg139810
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2010, 01:12:13 pm »
Part 6

Coming soon..

Scaredgirl

Re: The Noob Diaries - How to become rich in 8 hours? https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=11367.msg139811#msg139811
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2010, 01:12:23 pm »
Part 7

Coming soon..

Scaredgirl

Re: The Noob Diaries - How to become rich in 8 hours? https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=11367.msg139812#msg139812
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2010, 01:12:36 pm »
Part 8

Coming soon..

Offline venumuse

• Reputation Power: 2
  • venumuse is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • New to Elements
Re: The Noob Diaries - How to become rich in 8 hours? https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=11367.msg139922#msg139922
« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2010, 04:23:22 pm »
Very Nice, I will have to try it cause i dont like my win/loss ratio and im thinking about starting over.

Offline Demagog

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 40
  • Demagog soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Demagog soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Demagog soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Demagog soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Demagog soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Demagog soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Demagog soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Demagog soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.
  • New to Elements
Re: The Noob Diaries - How to become rich in 8 hours? https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=11367.msg139928#msg139928
« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2010, 04:34:36 pm »
I think I'll try it just because I enjoy the beginning of the game. This will provide a new experience.

Offline moomoose

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 37
  • moomoose is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.moomoose is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.moomoose is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.moomoose is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.moomoose is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.moomoose is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.moomoose is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.
  • I'm big in Japan.
  • Awards: Winner of the Mark Redesign competition!
Re: The Noob Diaries - How to become rich in 8 hours? https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=11367.msg140164#msg140164
« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2010, 11:01:58 pm »
i know you said you had previously thought about this, but did i have anything to do with this post? heh
moose dont say moo.

Offline ddevans96

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 113
  • ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • now palafrost online
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSilver Donor9th Trials - Master of WaterSlice of Elements 6th Birthday Cake8th Trials - Master of WaterSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeWinner of the Harry Potter PvP House CupSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: The Noob Diaries - How to become rich in 8 hours? https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=11367.msg140170#msg140170
« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2010, 11:04:50 pm »
I actually created a new account recently for testing, and slapped a shrieker rush on it. Might reset that to try this.
discord / twitter: palafrost - 2x master of water - false god enthusiast
twitch: palafrost - speedrunner, ex-celeste, currently hades
avatar: makoto [persona 5] by asukabaka

blarg: