*Author

Offline ddevans96

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 113
  • ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • now palafrost
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSilver Donor9th Trials - Master of WaterSlice of Elements 6th Birthday Cake8th Trials - Master of WaterSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeWinner of the Harry Potter PvP House CupSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: Champions of the False Gods https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=27570.msg352774#msg352774
« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2011, 04:43:42 pm »
Well, let's take it literally.

Akebono roughly means Dawn or Daybreak. That could imply :light. Oh wait, Dark Matter.

What if we say that, instead of light, Daybreak implies :fire? Oh wait, Graviton.

What if we consider Dawn to be a specific :time of the day? Oh, wait, Osiris.

Conclusion: When in doubt, use :entropy. Yes, I propose giving him discord and antimatter, and removing the guard. Maybe even black hole. With those changes I could see him being a contender. 

Too-far fetched?
discord / twitter: palafrost - 2x master of water - false god enthusiast
twitch: palafrost - speedrunner, ex-celeste, currently hades
avatar: makoto [persona 5] by asukabaka

Offline The_Mormegil

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 32
  • The_Mormegil is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.The_Mormegil is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.The_Mormegil is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.The_Mormegil is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.The_Mormegil is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.The_Mormegil is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.
  • Intelligence is overrated.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWar #5 Winner - Team AetherTeam PvP WinnerNew Slot Winner - FamiliarDeadly Sin Winner - GluttonyFirst Budosei of BudokanWinner of Revive the Archive
Re: Champions of the False Gods https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=27570.msg352778#msg352778
« Reply #13 on: June 17, 2011, 04:55:22 pm »
Well, let's take it literally.

Akebono roughly means Dawn or Daybreak. That could imply :light. Oh wait, Dark Matter.

What if we say that, instead of light, Daybreak implies :fire? Oh wait, Graviton.

What if we consider Dawn to be a specific :time of the day? Oh, wait, Osiris.

Conclusion: When in doubt, use :entropy. Yes, I propose giving him discord and antimatter, and removing the guard. Maybe even black hole. With those changes I could see him being a contender. 

Too-far fetched?
I fear that would change its flavor a bit too much. In fact, I think if you gave him Elite Charger it would actually be pretty balanced. Trebuchet Titans can be pretty powerful when completely upped... I think having a chance to play that as main and gravity rush as alternative to avoid direct counters could be enough. In fact, thanks to the presence of armagios and overdrive, Gravity Pull and Unstoppable, and lastly Tower Shield, it can probably be a good contender any way you put it. Chargers are a must, though, IMO.
[18:21:43] jmdt: elements is just math over top of a GUI
Kakerlake: I believe that there is no God as in something that can think by itself and does stuff that sounds way OP.

Offline TStarTopic starter

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 29
  • TStar is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.TStar is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.TStar is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.TStar is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.TStar is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.
  • Highly Overrated
  • Awards: Beginners League 3/2011 WinnerKing of Underworld - War #4Weekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBeginners League 2/2011 WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBeginners League 1/2011 WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Champions of the False Gods https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=27570.msg352997#msg352997
« Reply #14 on: June 18, 2011, 02:14:35 am »
Added all the rest of the current FGs.

Added Elite Chargers to Akebono
Added Sundial to Dream Catcher
Added Scorpion to Ferox

Please keep the ideas and suggestions coming!
Carpe Diem!!

Offline Onizuka

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Onizuka hides under a Cloak.
  • Donuts!
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday Cake1st Person to Escape the TempleSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeChampionship League 2/2012 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeWinner of the Harry Potter PvP House Cup - HoH5th Trials - Master of EntropyWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: Champions of the False Gods https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=27570.msg353011#msg353011
« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2011, 02:50:30 am »
I currently think that Seism is easily fine without the massive stalling capabilities.

Against any deck that is completely dependent on pillars/pends for their quanta, and without the ability to aptly protect them, Seism will either force them to make their decks much less effective and then run over them, or just take away all their quanta while they try to rush.

Added with stalling capabilites, Seism can now stall opponents where his EQ would become less effective. Not even decks with eternity would be a 100% win against a deckout deck(See: EQ, Rewind, BB, Sundial, SS, Diamond Shield,Warden,Pulvy).

Having the ability to rush, the ability to QC,PC,CC, and hand control, and now stalling capacities, I think Seism is now way too strong.

You're just as selfish as I am. You're just not as good at it yet.

Offline The_Mormegil

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 32
  • The_Mormegil is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.The_Mormegil is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.The_Mormegil is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.The_Mormegil is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.The_Mormegil is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.The_Mormegil is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.
  • Intelligence is overrated.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWar #5 Winner - Team AetherTeam PvP WinnerNew Slot Winner - FamiliarDeadly Sin Winner - GluttonyFirst Budosei of BudokanWinner of Revive the Archive
Re: Champions of the False Gods https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=27570.msg353105#msg353105
« Reply #16 on: June 18, 2011, 08:52:15 am »
Hecate: why Quintessence? O.o

Incarnate: seems a bit too weak. I would add some dragons.

Octane: you forgot to actually add Longbow. Fire Spectre seems a bit out of place.

Serker: seems a good deal UP. Also, you forgot to specify Nymphs are optional. Come to think of it, you didn't specify it for Dark Matter either. I'd take away Bloodsucker and Vampire at least, and add Drain Life (some true CC).

I think Seism is a tiny bit too strong too, but taking away Basilisk Blood would solve that easily.
[18:21:43] jmdt: elements is just math over top of a GUI
Kakerlake: I believe that there is no God as in something that can think by itself and does stuff that sounds way OP.

• Legendary Member
  • TStar is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.TStar is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.TStar is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.TStar is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.TStar is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.
  • Highly Overrated
  • Awards: Beginners League 3/2011 WinnerKing of Underworld - War #4Weekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBeginners League 2/2011 WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBeginners League 1/2011 WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Champions of the False Gods https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=27570.msg354089#msg354089
« Reply #17 on: June 20, 2011, 04:40:47 pm »
A couple more changes.....

Added Improved Miracle and Sanctuary to Ferox
Added Ivory Dragon and Obsidian Dragon to Incarnate

Keep the feedback coming. 
Carpe Diem!!

• Legendary Member
  • Highly Overrated
Re: Champions of the False Gods https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=27570.msg383880#msg383880
« Reply #18 on: August 23, 2011, 03:33:27 pm »
Still looking for 3 original FG decks to use for this event if anyone has any they like to recommend.  Here's some links to old competition threads:

http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,18714.0.html
http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,19645.0.html
http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,20177.0.html

Also this subforum may be useful:

http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/board,263.0.html
Carpe Diem!!

Offline Onizuka

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Onizuka hides under a Cloak.
  • Donuts!
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday Cake1st Person to Escape the TempleSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeChampionship League 2/2012 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeWinner of the Harry Potter PvP House Cup - HoH5th Trials - Master of EntropyWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: Champions of the False Gods https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=27570.msg386599#msg386599
« Reply #19 on: August 30, 2011, 04:21:30 am »
You're just as selfish as I am. You're just not as good at it yet.

anything
blarg: