*Author

Offline Acsabi44Topic starter

• Reputation Power: 28
  • Acsabi44 is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Acsabi44 is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Acsabi44 is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Acsabi44 is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Acsabi44 is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.
  • Coming to get ya.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeBronze DonorWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner14 Club - Most Expensive players during War AuctionWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Acsabi44's unofficial tournaments for new players https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=48279.msg1057702#msg1057702
« on: April 06, 2013, 08:21:22 pm »
I intend to host a few tournaments for fairly new players. They would be totally newb- friendly (mostly bazaar cards only, with a very few exceptions) and would feature interesting yet not too complicated deckbuilding rules. The format would be the same as a weekly tourney.
I would even offer a money reward code for the winner and maybe for the second place (I have several that I don't intend to use myself since  :electrum is a non-issue for me).
The tournaments wouldn't be held at regular intervals; mostly when I have the time to host one in the weeked. I would notice the community several days before with a timer and the deckbuilding rules, much like  the official weekly tournaments.

So, my question to the new players is this: Would you be interested in participating such a tournament? If yes, great :) If no, why not?

My another questions are directed towards older players: Do you think this is a good idea? Do you think this would be similar to host to a weekly tourney? Another question is that if this gains popularity, would you help by occasionally hosting, and more importantly, by donating some unneeded money reward codes to the cause? I have only a few at the moment, and I found out earlier that without a reward lots of players are unmotivated to participate.
Oh, and another thing: How would you classify who counts as a newb for the purpose of this tournament?
[17:04:00] Dragon6: ‹@Acsabi44› You are Rage Potion, Phase Dragon and Momentum all in one
Interested in game strategy,  theory and other kinds of advice? Clicky clicky!

Offline Rutarete

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 72
  • Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.
  • Creativity should be nurtured.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeRuby Shard of DeckbuildingSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: Acsabi44's unofficial tournaments for new players https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=48279.msg1057709#msg1057709
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2013, 08:35:15 pm »
That sounds like a great idea! I think the best way to classify as a 'noob' is either
1. They say they are a noob (new to the game in their introduction thread, if they posted one)
2. Played the game < 2 weeks (could be 4 weeks also or some other number)
3. They have < X upgraded cards (X to be decided)
It is the greatest mystery of all...
Rutarete: Roo tah reh teh
[22:50] <Jyi> meaning gets lost in translation... even in the same language.
My Decks

Offline Marsu

• Reputation Power: 18
  • Marsu is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Marsu is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Marsu is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • Green.
  • Awards: Winner of Booster Draft #2 - PvP EventBattle League 2/2013 Third Place7th Trials - Master of LifeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeBattle League 1/2013 WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Acsabi44's unofficial tournaments for new players https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=48279.msg1057711#msg1057711
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2013, 08:42:18 pm »
Sounds great.
Reward code: Can't donate, using all of my codes for my own challenge. :p But I'm quite positive some people would donate.
Btw, would I be allowed to join if I promise to play the trolliest troll decks? ^_^ Sounds like fun, and some more players would probably also increase the fun of other participants.

• Acsabi44 is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Acsabi44 is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Acsabi44 is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Acsabi44 is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Acsabi44 is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.
  • Coming to get ya.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeBronze DonorWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner14 Club - Most Expensive players during War AuctionWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Acsabi44's unofficial tournaments for new players https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=48279.msg1057712#msg1057712
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2013, 08:44:22 pm »
Sounds great.
Reward code: Can't donate, using all of my codes for my own challenge. :p But I'm quite positive some people would donate.
Btw, would I be allowed to join if I promise to play the trolliest troll decks? ^_^ Sounds like fun, and some more players would probably also increase the fun of other participants.
lol, you wanna play in the newb tourney with a weekly tourney award next to your name?
I specifically want to host this tourn to total new players since I think that the presence of vets in the weekly tourn discourages them from participating
[17:04:00] Dragon6: ‹@Acsabi44› You are Rage Potion, Phase Dragon and Momentum all in one

Offline Marsu

• Marsu is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Marsu is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Marsu is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • Green.
  • Awards: Winner of Booster Draft #2 - PvP EventBattle League 2/2013 Third Place7th Trials - Master of LifeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeBattle League 1/2013 WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Acsabi44's unofficial tournaments for new players https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=48279.msg1057716#msg1057716
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2013, 08:46:46 pm »
I understood. I'd more or less promise to lose in round 1. Just for fun. Also more fun for noobs if they win more.

Offline treebeard xiii

• treebeard xiii is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.treebeard xiii is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.treebeard xiii is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • sose is all i need and all i give
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake
Re: Acsabi44's unofficial tournaments for new players https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=48279.msg1057717#msg1057717
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2013, 08:49:30 pm »
ot of interest i am no newb but i have no icons could i participatei can make less orthadox decks just for lols plus my performance in the official tournies are negligible at best
love makin my decks unusual if able. Chaos and luck are widely regarded as different i beg to differ just refer to :entropy but for those in the know also refer to :time and :death.

The nymphs of tree

Offline Chapuz

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 72
  • Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.
  • The weird Voodoo guy
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeDeckbuilding Competition - Tower Defense WinnerSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeBrawl #1 Winner - Team Nyan Sharks
Re: Acsabi44's unofficial tournaments for new players https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=48279.msg1057724#msg1057724
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2013, 08:59:06 pm »
The idea sounds fantastic!

Just curious, how many  :electrum codes have you got to give in tuis tourneys? I can give you one if you need it. It can be a big iniciative for vets giving 3rd- place codes in this tourneys.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2013, 09:00:55 pm by Chapuz »
My Decks, Tutorial and Guides <~~~~~ Click Here ! ! !

• Coming to get ya.
Re: Acsabi44's unofficial tournaments for new players https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=48279.msg1057727#msg1057727
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2013, 09:09:11 pm »
The idea sounds fantastic!

Just curious, how many  :electrum codes have you got to give in tuis tourneys? I can give you one if you need it. It can be a big iniciative for vets giving 3rd- place codes in this tourneys.
Currently I have 2 (incl. the one I won today) plus I have one (maybe two) stored at the TOs IIRC.
So if I give one code for the winner only, plus I don't host every weeked, then it should be enough for a month or two.

Any donation is welcome :) Just don't hurry with it, let's see if the idea is popular enough to host even a single tourn.

Offline TribalTrouble

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 23
  • TribalTrouble is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.TribalTrouble is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.TribalTrouble is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.TribalTrouble is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake
Re: Acsabi44's unofficial tournaments for new players https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=48279.msg1057734#msg1057734
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2013, 09:25:05 pm »
You may want to advertise this a bit in the Kong chat and hear their response there as well.

• Coming to get ya.
Re: Acsabi44's unofficial tournaments for new players https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=48279.msg1057740#msg1057740
« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2013, 09:35:47 pm »
You may want to advertise this a bit in the Kong chat and hear their response there as well.
great idea!
Would you do it for me? I don't really know my way around the kong chat

Offline TribalTrouble

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 23
  • TribalTrouble is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.TribalTrouble is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.TribalTrouble is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.TribalTrouble is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake
Re: Acsabi44's unofficial tournaments for new players https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=48279.msg1057784#msg1057784
« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2013, 12:40:51 am »
Well what sort of things should I say to do so? I don't really know my way around advertising pvp tournies.

Offline Pella

• Reputation Power: 11
  • Pella is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.Pella is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • Keeper of Statistics & Picker of Nits
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake
Re: Acsabi44's unofficial tournaments for new players https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=48279.msg1057791#msg1057791
« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2013, 01:14:33 am »
As SNM, I'll post about this on Facebook, Twitter, and Kong. As an Elemental interested in promoting more involvement, I volunteer to host when I'm available.

I may even be willing to follow tree's lead and troll to lose in round 1 occasionally. I remember my first round 1 win and how awesome it felt. If I can help someone else feel that way, so much the better. I think the best idea for executing that idea would be to do so under an alt.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk 2

War 7, Team Death
(Honourary Member, Mascot)

anything
blarg: