*Author

Offline MarsuTopic starter

• Reputation Power: 18
  • Marsu is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Marsu is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Marsu is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • Green.
  • Awards: Winner of Booster Draft #2 - PvP EventBattle League 2/2013 Third Place7th Trials - Master of LifeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeBattle League 1/2013 WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Beat the Highscore! #2.5 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=50484.msg1088739#msg1088739
« on: July 24, 2013, 08:41:49 pm »
Welcome to "Beat the Highscore!" - #2.5.

Strange name, eh? This is because this event is not the next volume of BtH - yet closely related to it.

This event will be played KO tournament style, similar to the weekly tournaments. Players will only be allowed to play one of the 20 decks of BtH #1 and #2. In addition, you may replace up to 6 cards of each deck you chose to play!

Feel free to sign up or just generally state interest already, but this tournament will not start before the three (sic) top participants of BtH #2 have played all their additional matches to decide who gains the first and second place. Also, please note that the rules are subject to change until then.

Rules

-Bo5
-After each round, winners may use 4 [3] (2) more upgrades if they won 3-0 [3-1] (3-2). This bonus is cumulative, so a player to win the first round 3-0 and the second 3-2 may use 6 upgrades in his third game.
-The 6 cards that may be replaced may indeed only be replaced. You may not add or remove cards! (In other words, the amount of cards in the deck after your changes has to be the same than it was before)
-No deck you used in a Bo5 may be used again in the same Bo5. (Applying different changes to the same deck skeleton still counts as the same deck) This resets in your next Bo5.
-Sanctuary in Flames is banned.
-When you replace an original decks card with another card, the deck may not contain more than 4 copies of the card you added. Pillars and Pendulums are an exception to this rule.
-Shards and Nymphs are banned.
-Deck codes must be pm'd to me. Match results must be posted here, the decks not.
-After each round, the deck skeleton that was used most often will be banned in the rest of the tournament. I will post an update then, stating which deck that is.

Spoiler for example:

I chose Disxrd as my deck skeleton.

Hover over cards for details, click for permalink
Deck import code : [Select]
4vl 4vl 4vl 4vl 50u 50u 50u 50u 50u 50u 50u 5ru 5ru 5ru 5ru 5ru 5ru 5v1 5v1 5v1 5v1 5v1 5v1 606 606 606 606 606 606 606 8ps

I remove 2 Discords, 2 GotP and 2 Nightmares, and add 4 Life Pendulums and 2 Mitosis.

4vl 4vl 50u 50u 50u 50u 50u 50u 50u 5c9 5c9 5de 5de 5de 5de 5ru 5ru 5ru 5ru 5v1 5v1 5v1 5v1 606 606 606 606 606 606 606 8ps

Regardless wether I win or lose with this deck, I may not use Disxrd as my deck skeleton in all the other matches of this very Bo5.

Spoiler for Example for an illegal deck:
This player also choses Disxrd as his deck skeleton. He removes 1 Entropy Pendulum and 1 Darkness Pendulum and adds 1 Discord and 1 Dusk Mantle.

4vl 4vl 4vl 4vl 4vl 50u 50u 50u 50u 50u 50u 5ru 5ru 5ru 5ru 5ru 5ru 5uo 5v1 5v1 5v1 5v1 5v1 5v1 606 606 606 606 606 606 8ps

This deck is illegal, as it breaks following rule:
-When you replace an original decks card with another card, the deck may not contain more than 4 copies of the card you added.
(5 Discords)

FAQ

Is it allowed to change the mark?

Thanks, I missed that one. I'll say no for now, but will have another look at all decks and give a definite ruling in one or two days. 

Is it possible to generate Nymphs using Nymphs tears?

Yes. Bans are always only relevant for the deck code, not for what's on your field in the end.

In:

1) Beef
2) Tree
3) Chess
4) Kakerlake
5) rem
6) mrpaper
7) rogerluc
8) Regyptic
9) ARTHANASIOS

Maybe in:

1) Ddevans
2) Kaempfer13
3) Fippe94
4) gomorycut
5) Dm1321

Offline BeefSupreme

• Reputation Power: 16
  • BeefSupreme is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.BeefSupreme is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.BeefSupreme is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • just a lost soul swimming in a fishbowl
Re: Beat the Highscore! #2.5 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=50484.msg1088766#msg1088766
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2013, 11:26:40 pm »
I guess I'm in.
Marsu told me I should be in, so I'm in ^.^
Team :air War 7
“Everyone is a moon, and has a dark side which he never shows to anybody.” - Mark Twain

Offline treebeard xiii

• treebeard xiii is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.treebeard xiii is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.treebeard xiii is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • sose is all i need and all i give
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake
Re: Beat the Highscore! #2.5 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=50484.msg1088768#msg1088768
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2013, 11:33:55 pm »
i'm in hopefully as a fun tourney rather than a competitive one this may have much more enjoyable matchups
love makin my decks unusual if able. Chaos and luck are widely regarded as different i beg to differ just refer to :entropy but for those in the know also refer to :time and :death.

The nymphs of tree

• Marsu is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Marsu is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Marsu is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • Green.
  • Awards: Winner of Booster Draft #2 - PvP EventBattle League 2/2013 Third Place7th Trials - Master of LifeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeBattle League 1/2013 WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Beat the Highscore! #2.5 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=50484.msg1088770#msg1088770
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2013, 11:45:46 pm »
I forgot to highlight that, tree got it right: This is just supposed to be a fun intermezzo inbetween two volumes of Beat the Highscore, probably mainly appealing to those wo participated in BtH before, even though everyone is gladly welcomed.

Offline chessboxing

• Reputation Power: 0
  • chessboxing hides under a Cloak.
Re: Beat the Highscore! #2.5 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=50484.msg1088864#msg1088864
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2013, 02:09:00 pm »
I am sooo in.
Marsu told me I should be in, so *HELL YEAH*, I am definitely in!

fyp. in. :)

Offline Kakerlake

• Reputation Power: 24
  • Kakerlake is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.Kakerlake is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.Kakerlake is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.Kakerlake is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.
  • Loyal supporter of Bunny
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeWar #7 Winner - Team AetherWeekly Tournament WinnerWinner of Dog Pit #2 - PvP EventBrawl #2 Winner - Team FireWinner of Warrior's Preparation - PvP EventSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWinner of the Harry Potter PvP House Cup3rd Trials - Master of EarthWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerCard Flavor Text #2 Competition WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Beat the Highscore! #2.5 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=50484.msg1088871#msg1088871
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2013, 03:08:41 pm »
in

Offline rem4life

• Reputation Power: 6
  • rem4life is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • Awards: Grand Computer Simulator I.Championship League 3/2013 3rd PlaceMaster of the Grand Shard GolemSlice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake
Re: Beat the Highscore! #2.5 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=50484.msg1088995#msg1088995
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2013, 05:34:09 am »
in

Offline ddevans96

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 113
  • ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • now palafrost
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSilver Donor9th Trials - Master of WaterSlice of Elements 6th Birthday Cake8th Trials - Master of WaterSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeWinner of the Harry Potter PvP House CupSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: Beat the Highscore! #2.5 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=50484.msg1089053#msg1089053
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2013, 05:03:38 pm »
Noting interest.
discord / twitter: palafrost - 2x master of water - false god enthusiast
twitch: palafrost - speedrunner, ex-celeste, currently hades
avatar: makoto [persona 5] by asukabaka

• Green.
Re: Beat the Highscore! #2.5 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=50484.msg1089058#msg1089058
« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2013, 05:24:03 pm »
Noting interest.

I read that as 'nothing interest'.  ;D

Offline RootRanger

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 51
  • RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.
  • R A I N B R O S
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 13th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday Cake10th Trials - Master of FireElemental Conquest WinnerWriting Competition - Across(tic) the World of ElementsWeekly Tournament Winner1st Grandmaster Battle Winner - FireThere Can Be Only One - 2016 WinnerGold DonorChampionship League 2/2015 2nd Place9th Trials - Master of FireElements: A Game of Politics - WinnerEnder of War War #8 Winner - Team FireWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 1/2013 WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWar #4 Winner - Team DeathChampionship League 3/2011 3rd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBeginners League 2/2011 2nd PlaceWeekly PvP Tournament WinnerWeekly PvP Tournament WinnerBeginners League 1/2011 2nd PlaceWeekly PvP Tournament Winner
Re: Beat the Highscore! #2.5 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=50484.msg1089070#msg1089070
« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2013, 07:26:49 pm »
Nothing interest.
Somehow still around, somewhat

Offline BeefSupreme

• Reputation Power: 16
  • BeefSupreme is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.BeefSupreme is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.BeefSupreme is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • just a lost soul swimming in a fishbowl
Re: Beat the Highscore! #2.5 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=50484.msg1089083#msg1089083
« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2013, 08:11:11 pm »
Nothing interest.
I read that as 'noting interest'. ;D
Team :air War 7
“Everyone is a moon, and has a dark side which he never shows to anybody.” - Mark Twain

Offline kaempfer13

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 44
  • kaempfer13 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.kaempfer13 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.kaempfer13 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.kaempfer13 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.kaempfer13 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.kaempfer13 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.kaempfer13 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.kaempfer13 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.
  • Awards: There Can Only Be One - 2020 WinnerSlice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeOEtG Rags to Riches WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerElements League 3/2018 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerThere Can Be Only One - 2018 WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner12th Trials - Master of TimeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerElements League 2/2017 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWinner of Draft #4 - PvP EventSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerDeckbuilding Competition: It's Greek to MeWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Beat the Highscore! #2.5 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=50484.msg1089254#msg1089254
« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2013, 03:10:08 pm »
I'm interested.
:gravity War 10
:death and tied for master of STANDIN War 11
Master of :time War 12

anything
blarg: