*Author

Offline Acsabi44

• Reputation Power: 28
  • Acsabi44 is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Acsabi44 is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Acsabi44 is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Acsabi44 is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Acsabi44 is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.
  • Coming to get ya.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeBronze DonorWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner14 Club - Most Expensive players during War AuctionWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: 0 to 30 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=44619.msg1014550#msg1014550
« Reply #12 on: November 10, 2012, 11:51:51 am »
I did this with my alt once. I specifically created that alt to test "newb-stuff" like this (and getting 3 lobos for RoL, for example).
IMO the quickest route is pick a lobo-> build a monodark grinder-> grind AI3-> up 6 RoLs-> grind FG.
Took me several days, with maybe 3-4 hrs of grind everyday.

What I wanna test is wether grinding silver is a faster income of the first 9k than AI3.
[17:04:00] Dragon6: ‹@Acsabi44› You are Rage Potion, Phase Dragon and Momentum all in one
Interested in game strategy,  theory and other kinds of advice? Clicky clicky!

Offline eaglgenes101

• Reputation Power: 29
  • eaglgenes101 is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.eaglgenes101 is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.eaglgenes101 is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.eaglgenes101 is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.eaglgenes101 is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.
  • The rising all-'rounder of Elements
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake
Re: 0 to 30 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=44619.msg1014942#msg1014942
« Reply #13 on: November 12, 2012, 02:24:49 am »
I'd say death rush => silver farmer => limitless speed
My 3 game-modification principles:
1. If it ain't broke, don't wreck it.
2. Simple fixes for simple problems.
3. Remember to fill in the holes.

Offline kevTopic starter

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 54
  • kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.
  • Ungrounded
  • Awards: Winner of Team PvP #5Master of Multipliers - Scorgasm WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeChampionship League 1/2010 3rd PlaceWeekly Tournament Winner2nd Trials - Master of FireFavorite Staff Member of 2011Weekly Tournament WinnerMVP of Draft #2Make a Quiz winnerTeam PvP #3 WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday CakeWeekly PvP Tournament WinnerWeekly PvP Tournament WinnerWar #1 Winner - Team Fire
Re: 0 to 30 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=44619.msg1014950#msg1014950
« Reply #14 on: November 12, 2012, 03:31:57 am »
Does anyone think a fully upped FG grinder is attainable in... say... two days?

Offline furballdn

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 86
  • furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Facetious trollnotmod
  • Awards: Epic 3 Card Winner - Clockwork GolemBest Recruiter of FriendsBest JournalistBest Chat PainterBattle - Slayer of The Great ChimeraBest Crafted Relic of Other
Re: 0 to 30 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=44619.msg1014951#msg1014951
« Reply #15 on: November 12, 2012, 03:33:12 am »
Does anyone think a fully upped FG grinder is attainable in... say... two days?
Depends on how long you spend. If you spend 48 hours grinding, definitely. If you only spend 2 hours in those 2 days, that's impossible.

Offline ddevans96

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 113
  • ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • now palafrost
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSilver Donor9th Trials - Master of WaterSlice of Elements 6th Birthday Cake8th Trials - Master of WaterSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeWinner of the Harry Potter PvP House CupSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: 0 to 30 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=44619.msg1014952#msg1014952
« Reply #16 on: November 12, 2012, 03:33:48 am »
I'd argue that even playing consistently for all 48 hours, it's probably impossible.
discord / twitter: palafrost - 2x master of water - false god enthusiast
twitch: palafrost - speedrunner, ex-celeste, currently hades
avatar: makoto [persona 5] by asukabaka

Offline deuce22

• Master of Aether
  • Reputation Power: 44
  • deuce22 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.deuce22 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.deuce22 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.deuce22 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.deuce22 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.deuce22 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.deuce22 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.deuce22 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.
  • never trust a badger
  • Awards: War #14 Winner - Team Aether14th Trials - Master of AetherWeekly Tournament Winner11th Trials - Master of Aether10th Trials - Master of AetherWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner9th Trials - Master of Aether2014 - PvP World ChampionWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner8th Trials - Master of AetherWinner of Team PvP #6War #7 Winner - Team Aether7th Trials - Master of AetherWar #6 Winner - Team AetherWeekly Tournament Winner6th Trials - Master of AetherWeekly Tournament WinnerWar #5 Winner - Team AetherWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner5th Trials - Master of AetherWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: 0 to 30 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=44619.msg1014954#msg1014954
« Reply #17 on: November 12, 2012, 03:35:05 am »
if you grind farms on pvp2, it's possible

Offline storyteller

• Reputation Power: 16
  • storyteller is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.storyteller is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.storyteller is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • a very old soul
Re: 0 to 30 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=44619.msg1014955#msg1014955
« Reply #18 on: November 12, 2012, 03:38:14 am »
Ive been on this account over a year. I set out to make Instosis. It took me about a month to upgrade fully. I already had the shards. Luck has a lot to do with things. I have earned thousands in a day or so, and other times lost money consistently each week to bad luck. Sometimes things go your way, others they dont. I personally think the grind is a bit long.

Offline justaburd

• Reputation Power: 12
  • justaburd is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.justaburd is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • Chirp!
  • Awards: Gold DonorSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday Cake7th Trials - Master of AirSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: 0 to 30 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=44619.msg1016512#msg1016512
« Reply #19 on: November 19, 2012, 02:49:46 pm »
I think it depends on exactly how you define the rules.
As noted before, it would depend on playtime as well as farm availability.
Does anyone remember the 16 win 0 loss 3 upgrade alt I made a while back?
Didn't take long at all to make it, maybe 2-3 hours? And that was with the stipulation that it didn't lose a match.
Chirp? *looks around*

Offline Elbirn

• Reputation Power: 13
  • Elbirn is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.Elbirn is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeThe Age of Random Cards Competition - Winner
Re: 0 to 30 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=44619.msg1016524#msg1016524
« Reply #20 on: November 19, 2012, 04:30:27 pm »
How exactly does one acquire 3 upgraded cards and a 100% winrate with only 16 games played? Whatever dark majick you worked there, that could be key to helping newbs that are just starting their grind :P
:air Team Air War#7 :air
:air Team Air War#6 :air
:darkness Founding member of Darkness Guild :darkness

Offline Naesala

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 52
  • Naesala brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Naesala brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Naesala brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Naesala brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Naesala brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Naesala brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Naesala brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Naesala brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Naesala brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Naesala brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 15th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake
Re: 0 to 30 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=44619.msg1016529#msg1016529
« Reply #21 on: November 19, 2012, 04:56:53 pm »
How exactly does one acquire 3 upgraded cards and a 100% winrate with only 16 games played? Whatever dark majick you worked there, that could be key to helping newbs that are just starting their grind :P
Large donations to zanz are always a fast way~
Your favorite Hotyugh

Offline Onizuka

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Onizuka hides under a Cloak.
  • Donuts!
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday Cake1st Person to Escape the TempleSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeChampionship League 2/2012 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeWinner of the Harry Potter PvP House Cup - HoH5th Trials - Master of EntropyWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: 0 to 30 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=44619.msg1016556#msg1016556
« Reply #22 on: November 19, 2012, 07:09:36 pm »
10am-2pm, got the electrum required for unupgraded rol/hope easy with that dev otk deck. Still would need 2 more lobos.

Being rareless is about its only plus over other unupgraded grinders
« Last Edit: November 19, 2012, 07:13:21 pm by Onizuka »
You're just as selfish as I am. You're just not as good at it yet.

Offline kevTopic starter

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 54
  • kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.
  • Ungrounded
  • Awards: Winner of Team PvP #5Master of Multipliers - Scorgasm WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeChampionship League 1/2010 3rd PlaceWeekly Tournament Winner2nd Trials - Master of FireFavorite Staff Member of 2011Weekly Tournament WinnerMVP of Draft #2Make a Quiz winnerTeam PvP #3 WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday CakeWeekly PvP Tournament WinnerWeekly PvP Tournament WinnerWar #1 Winner - Team Fire
Re: 0 to 30 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=44619.msg1017764#msg1017764
« Reply #23 on: November 26, 2012, 03:30:06 am »
Epilogue:
I decided to put it to the test and find out how time intensive it really is to start from scratch and get a fully upped FG grinder.  Once you have a fully upped FG grinder, I reasoned, it'd be relatively easy to grind up electrum and upped decks.  I think a lot of vets would point to having a fully upped FG grinder as sort of a coming of age.

Here was my plan:
Day 1: Start up an alt and change it to a mono-death AI3 grinder ASAP.  Grind until I have enough electrum to buy The Essential Halfblood Farmer and then grind until I can afford my RoL/Hope with 6 upped RoLs.  (Note: after grinding AI4 with Essential I can say it's definitely more efficient than the standard advice to grind AI3 for 9k electrum.  Slower games and lower winrates, but winning an upped card is worth 1150 and it happens more often than I'd thought.)
Day 2: If I didn't find a 2nd lobo against AI3 and AI4 yesterday, find 1-2 in bronze.
Day 3: Use my mostly unupped RoL/Hope to grind FGs, upping itself in the process.

Here's how it worked out:
Day 1: I created an account at ~9am on a weekday and by ~4pm I had a RoL/Hope with 6 upped RoLs and one lobo.  Yay.
Day 2: Where all the lobos at?  I grinded bronze a good chunk of the day and never found one.
Day 3: Until I found more lobos, there's really no point in grinding FGs.  My winrate would be worse, but more importantly I set out to get a fully upped RoL/Hope and that includes the lobos.  Here's how it would work out, in theory:
  • I'd need to win about 30 cards (sell value of ~1150 each enough to up ~24 cards I need)
  • I'd win about 0.5 upped cards per FG I beat, so I'd need to beat about 60 FGs.
  • Starting unupped, a winrate of ~30% is prolly an okay assumption.  That means I'd need to play about 200 games.
Conclusion:
I'm told Limitless Speed (an FG grinder utilizing 0 rares) has a good winrate.  If that's true, I'm pretty confident getting a fully upped FG grinder on a brand new account could be done in less than 24 hours.  That's the advice I'd give new players.

The real problem facing new players is that many of the community's tried-and-true decks use rares.  And finding the rares you need, with one exception, is 100% due to circumstance.  Kami recently asked what kinds of quests and rewards zanz should add, and I think this post answers the question.  Grinding for electrum isn't tough if you have the rares.

blarg: