*Author

Offline KamietsuTopic starter

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 47
  • Kamietsu is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Kamietsu is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Kamietsu is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Kamietsu is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Kamietsu is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Kamietsu is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Kamietsu is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Kamietsu is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Kamietsu is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.
  • Old to Elements
  • Awards: Spell Art Competition WinnerWinner of the MASH-UP CompetitionFunny Card Competition WinnerWinner of
What kind of Quests would you like to see? Rewards? https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=44761.msg1016570#msg1016570
« on: November 19, 2012, 08:11:16 pm »
There is all sorts of talk about Quests for the game. I can not remember if Zanz ever mentioned adding more quests, though I believe he did at one point. And the game suggestion area has plenty of possible quests they want seen added to the game. But I am a bit more curious as to what, in general, people think about possible quests, what kind of quests you'd most like to see in the game, and what sort of rewards you'd want for completing various kinds of quests. This isn't a topic to provide ideas for possible quests but more of a general overall topic(so maybe Zanz could even give a look over to see how the community feels about them and the general direction we'd like to see them go.)

That being said, I would love to see some storyline quests. Where multiple quests interlock with each other, telling a story as you go along. Maybe something about 'saving a kidnapped nymph' or 'retrieving a legendary weapon'. A longer questline where your reward might be the possibility to pick a nymph, or rare weapon. of course this would probably only be completable once, or maybe multiple times but only the first time completed do you get the rare. In general, adding some more story elements to the game would be really nice.
╔╦╦═╦══╦╗  ( ̄ー ̄) --Snorlax says:
║═╣╬║║║║║    Eat your shower, brush your toothpaste, take your teeth.
╚╩╩╩╩╩╩╩╝

Offline Elbirn

• Reputation Power: 13
  • Elbirn is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.Elbirn is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeThe Age of Random Cards Competition - Winner
Re: What kind of Quests would you like to see? Rewards? https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=44761.msg1016573#msg1016573
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2012, 08:19:24 pm »
Quest rewards should be substantial enough to help a newbie get through the grind, but not large enough as to break the game. A rare card, 1k electrum, or a voucher for a free upgrade could go a long way without being overpowered of an advantage.
:air Team Air War#7 :air
:air Team Air War#6 :air
:darkness Founding member of Darkness Guild :darkness

Offline treebeard xiii

• Reputation Power: 18
  • treebeard xiii is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.treebeard xiii is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.treebeard xiii is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • sose is all i need and all i give
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake
Re: What kind of Quests would you like to see? Rewards? https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=44761.msg1016586#msg1016586
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2012, 09:13:37 pm »
I feel some form of storyline with a reward that will provide a boost for your average newbie for example electrum, rare and free up as has already been suggested. Plus a daily quest which gives you electrum and increases with successive days upu ntil say a fifth day where it reverts back to the first amount.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2012, 09:15:14 pm by treebeard xiii »
love makin my decks unusual if able. Chaos and luck are widely regarded as different i beg to differ just refer to :entropy but for those in the know also refer to :time and :death.

The nymphs of tree

Offline dragonsdemesne

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 63
  • dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!
  • Leeeeeeeeeeroyyyyyyyyy....
  • Awards: Weekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 1/2014 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 3/2013 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 2/2013 WinnerBattle League 1/2013 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 3/2012 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 2/2012 3rd Place
Re: What kind of Quests would you like to see? Rewards? https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=44761.msg1016588#msg1016588
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2012, 09:28:33 pm »
Along the lines of what Elbirn said is a good idea.  We've already got a quest for a rare weapon.  One-time quests for a shard, another for one nymph, another for one free upgrade, and another for some electrum (1k seems a decent amount, but it would depend on the difficulty of the quest).  This way, people could get a shard and a nymph for their favoured element, or just stuff to help them along.  It can be a bit of a bummer, for instance, for someone who is an absolute lover of, say, the death element, to have 0 death nymphs and 15 nymphs from other elements; the quest would let them guarantee that one for their favourite element.  The nymph one might be a bit controversial, but the rest are fairly easily obtainable anyway, so having one-time quests for a shard or a small amount of electrum would be fine.  One rare spin in the arena already gives you a rare weapon or shard; the only difference would be the quest is a one-time thing, and you'd choose the one you want, and one rare spin in gold or plat gives you enough electrum for an upgrade. (cash from 2 or 3 wins plus the upped card)

Other possible repeatable quest rewards (maybe 1/day or 1/week or something) could be things like extra oracle spins, or if that was deemed overpowered (due to possibly getting nymphs), just certain parts of the oracle spin, like free random pets, some bonus electrum, a non-nymph card, another FG prediction, and so on.  (or even halfblood predictions, since they have names, too; ai3 and lower don't have names)  Even an arena prediction of sorts might be neat; for instance, you might be able to see the hp, oracle card, etc of the next arena match you play, and have an opportunity to try and build a counterdeck based on that information.  It wouldn't really be any more OP than a FG prediction, and actually less reliable, since sometimes you might not learn a lot.  (seeing air mark and air pendulum could be quite a few widely differing decks, for instance, but seeing darkness mark and ghost of the past... well, you know what's coming :p)

Other oddball quest rewards could be things like "the next game you play, your entire deck is upgraded for that match", or "the next game you play, you start with -something- in play", where it might be a pillar, a creature, a permanent, or whatever, or "the next game you play, you get more hp, bigger mark, dexterity, or something like that", giving you one of the attributes of a halfblood or false god.  The only problem with those is they're all basically variations on the same idea, that of giving you an advantage in the next game(s) you play.  They could be switched up a bit, like one day the daily quest could be something like 'beat this FG and get +50hp on your next game' or 'beat 5 halfbloods in a row and win 500 electrum', or 'beat FG rainbow with an EM and get a free shard', or whatever; it could even be randomized from a list, and maybe even different for different people, as part of your oracle spin, for instance.

Foil art versions of cards would be another neat quest reward, and one that wouldn't be overpowered.  Alternate art would be a way of pimping your deck out without giving ridiculous advantages to anyone.  (hey, look at me, I have six foil fahrenheits :p)  That of course requires someone to make some new art, but I'm sure some people would love to contribute some kickass new art.  (just not me, I suck at art :p)

Offline Blaze

• Reputation Power: 3
  • Blaze is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake
Re: What kind of Quests would you like to see? Rewards? https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=44761.msg1016590#msg1016590
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2012, 09:45:57 pm »
I'm all for generally increasing electrum an hour. I think for newer players it's too low, and even since I hit my first consistent false god farming deck I'm finding it too slow. I think having rare spins on the AIs like on the arena would be great.

Having another way to make electrum without actively playing the game, like the arena, would be great. Perhaps pitting your arena deck not only against other live players but against other arena defense decks, and having increased reward for beating higher level decks.

Having daily, weekly, or monthly quests would be great!

Offline Naesala

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 52
  • Naesala brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Naesala brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Naesala brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Naesala brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Naesala brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Naesala brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Naesala brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Naesala brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Naesala brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Naesala brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 15th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake
Re: What kind of Quests would you like to see? Rewards? https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=44761.msg1016591#msg1016591
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2012, 09:57:58 pm »
Daily quests- Fairly simple things along the lines of "Beat X of AIX", "Beat X using card X/Mark X/etc", "Achieve X rank in arena"
Reward- Decent chunks of electrum (100~500), A special spin, A "common" rare (The elemental weapons and the random rares you can get grinding AI), Common card booster packs

Weekly Quests- More complex things like "Using this deck, beat AIX" "Defeat this FG without using Card X (would have a button to autofight said god)", "Defeat X AIX without healing in between"
Rewards: Larger electrum chunks (500~1500), Voucher for free upgrades, Multiple special spins, choice of rare weapon (a la 500score quest), Foil art?, common +1 rare booster packs

Storyline quests- Scaling difficulty, variety of different challenges. Lower level short storyline quests could give rewards comparable to daily/weekly quests. The bigger longer quests would have huge challenges with a story to them, "Using this deck beat this FG" "Toss you in mid match, only one way to win set duel" "Start with X Neurotoxin"
Rewards: Same as daily/weekly for parts, for the more advanced ones Special spin with nymphs, Choice of nymph (a la 500score quest), Foil art, False god mode (gain various false god advantages temporarily or with other penalties), +% for nymphs at oracle, Upgrade booster packs, Custom mark (zanz's idea), customizable creature cards, other awesomesauce stuff

Your favorite Hotyugh

Offline Elbirn

• Reputation Power: 13
  • Elbirn is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.Elbirn is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeThe Age of Random Cards Competition - Winner
Re: What kind of Quests would you like to see? Rewards? https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=44761.msg1016594#msg1016594
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2012, 10:08:50 pm »
I like everything everyone's saying here...Except for the nymph parts. I'd prefer those to stay as rare as possible, and I think Zanz himself and at least a few other players agree with me here. :P
:air Team Air War#7 :air
:air Team Air War#6 :air
:darkness Founding member of Darkness Guild :darkness

Offline KamietsuTopic starter

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 47
  • Kamietsu is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Kamietsu is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Kamietsu is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Kamietsu is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Kamietsu is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Kamietsu is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Kamietsu is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Kamietsu is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Kamietsu is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.
  • Old to Elements
  • Awards: Spell Art Competition WinnerWinner of the MASH-UP CompetitionFunny Card Competition WinnerWinner of
Re: What kind of Quests would you like to see? Rewards? https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=44761.msg1016595#msg1016595
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2012, 10:19:51 pm »
I like everything everyone's saying here...Except for the nymph parts. I'd prefer those to stay as rare as possible, and I think Zanz himself and at least a few other players agree with me here. :P

I do agree to a point. I believe there shoudl be one, and only one, quest where you can win your choice of a nymph. That way everyone can have at least one nymph of their choice. The quest can be repeated but the winning of a nymph is only possible on the first completion.
╔╦╦═╦══╦╗  ( ̄ー ̄) --Snorlax says:
║═╣╬║║║║║    Eat your shower, brush your toothpaste, take your teeth.
╚╩╩╩╩╩╩╩╝

Offline Anarook

• Reputation Power: 14
  • Anarook is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.Anarook is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • Spends more time forum trolling than ingame.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake
Re: What kind of Quests would you like to see? Rewards? https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=44761.msg1016596#msg1016596
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2012, 10:29:26 pm »
I'd really like to see quests that encouraged exploration of other decks.
Something like- win x games using cards y, z, and b
Or perhaps quests where specific cards(perhaps even elements) are banned
Even more interesting would be a split storyline where you have to complete a series of quests using say... 1 archetype, 1 element, etc.

Even abstract things like playing with a deck that only has exactly 3 copies of each card(discounting pillars/pends ofc)

Something to increase diversity...
I know a lot of people get stuck on one deck and never move away from it - which has the added side effect of skewing a persons views when it comes to other parts of the game.
Ex: when your deck doesn't work and you can;t find a solution, you blame other cards... I know this is slightly off topic, but using the quest system to increase diversity would be huge.
Join us as we work to rebuild the CIA section of the forums and work together to improve ETG.
http://sync.in/CCC

Offline Rutarete

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 72
  • Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.
  • Creativity should be nurtured.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeRuby Shard of DeckbuildingSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: What kind of Quests would you like to see? Rewards? https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=44761.msg1016636#msg1016636
« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2012, 01:12:07 am »
I think the quest we have for the rare weapon should be expanded to the first step of one huge journey quest.
It is the greatest mystery of all...
Rutarete: Roo tah reh teh
[22:50] <Jyi> meaning gets lost in translation... even in the same language.
My Decks

Offline kev

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 54
  • kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.
  • Ungrounded
  • Awards: Winner of Team PvP #5Master of Multipliers - Scorgasm WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeChampionship League 1/2010 3rd PlaceWeekly Tournament Winner2nd Trials - Master of FireFavorite Staff Member of 2011Weekly Tournament WinnerMVP of Draft #2Make a Quiz winnerTeam PvP #3 WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday CakeWeekly PvP Tournament WinnerWeekly PvP Tournament WinnerWar #1 Winner - Team Fire
Re: What kind of Quests would you like to see? Rewards? https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=44761.msg1016828#msg1016828
« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2012, 10:46:11 pm »
A couple quick notes:
  • I'd love to see a storyline build around obtaining and leveling a pet as zanz once mentioned in an interview.
  • I'd like to see a quest that is exceptionally difficult to accomplish.  The community has been clamoring for something more difficult than the FGs since the FGs were created.  Quests might be a good way to challenge vets without requiring a ton of new code.
  • I think the quests intended for newer players should all have rare card rewards.  Yesterday I created an alt to see how long it'd take to build a fully upped FG grinder from scratch.  By the end of the day I had a RoL/Hope deck with 6 upped RoLs but my only lobo was from the 500 point quest.  I spent all day today grinding bronze and won an assortment of rares but didn't find a second lobo.  It's become clear that the real grind is getting the rares, and getting the ones new players need is largely up to chance atm.  :(

Offline kimham8a

• Reputation Power: 16
  • kimham8a is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.kimham8a is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.kimham8a is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • God of this world
Re: What kind of Quests would you like to see? Rewards? https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=44761.msg1016905#msg1016905
« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2012, 04:57:03 am »
Something insanely difficult to do for even vets. Maybe something like facing 1st place in each league by clicking an ultimate quest button, beating bronze first, silver, etc, but they each have 500HP, quadruple draw, 10x mark and no reward until end where you beat them all consecutively, where you win a nymph (maybe a bit exessive on difficulty, but it's something to try right?).
Hey there

anything
blarg: