*Author

Offline TheManuzTopic starter

• Reputation Power: 18
  • TheManuz is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.TheManuz is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.TheManuz is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeBrawl #2 Winner - Team FireSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeVictor of the 2nd Card Design WarMS Master Painter #5The First Prophet
Time Anomaly | Time Disruption https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=39485.msg490734#msg490734
« on: May 01, 2012, 05:56:07 pm »
NAME:
Time Anomaly
ELEMENT:
Time
COST:
4 :time
TYPE:
Spell
ATK|HP:

TEXT:
All your creatures are rewinded, but they also stay on the field.
NAME:
Time Disruption
ELEMENT:
Time
COST:
3 :time
TYPE:
Spell
ATK|HP:

TEXT:
All your creatures are rewinded, but they also stay on the field.

ART:
TheManuz
IDEA:
TheManuz
NOTES:
This card idea was born during the Card Design War#2 Competition.
Here is the original submission (It's the Round 4 submission, search for the "spoiler" tag).

Some of you will recognize the art as the Time team banner (slightly modded). It's all ok, i made it! :P

Back to the card, it does the following:
Every targetable creature on your side of the field is affected by a reverse time, so a copy of it is put on the top of your deck, BUT the creature remain on the field.
The order of the creatures on the top of your deck is the same order they have on the field.

The main effect of this spell is Fractal-like: its purpose is to multiply creatures beyond the 6-cards limit.
However this spell requires the draw power of :time to effectively use the new created creatures.

It can also be used to mass rewind skeletons and mummys. In this case, they behave normally: Mummys become Pharaohs and Skeletons become random creatures.

Another side effect is to add a lot of cards on top of your deck, effectively giving you a lot of turns more to play. A wonderful anti-deckout (but it needs creatures to fuel it).

In general, it's useful once you enstablish control of the field but you need more "firepower".
SERIES:

« Last Edit: May 01, 2012, 06:19:07 pm by TheManuz »

Offline ARTHANASIOS

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 53
  • ARTHANASIOS brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.ARTHANASIOS brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.ARTHANASIOS brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.ARTHANASIOS brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.ARTHANASIOS brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.ARTHANASIOS brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.ARTHANASIOS brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.ARTHANASIOS brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.ARTHANASIOS brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.ARTHANASIOS brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.
  • Cockatrices ftw!
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeCard Design Competition - Doomsday Device(TM)Weekly Tournament WinnerBrawl #2 Winner - Team FireSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeElemental Warrior Competition Winner
Re: Time Anomaly | Time Disruption https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=39485.msg490737#msg490737
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2012, 06:05:41 pm »
Isn't this card way too cheap for what it does? Fractal costs 10 :aether and it consumes all  :aether quanta when it used, this card uses 4 :time and leaves all the other  :time quanta on their place. Too OP, it needs big nerfing (or a high cost increase).
« Last Edit: May 01, 2012, 06:10:38 pm by ARTHANASIOS »
Brawl #1 team :time, Brawl #2 team :fire, Brawl #3 team Silver Ferns, Brawl #4,7,8 Brawlmaster
War #8 team :life, War #10,11,12 team :light, Brawl #6 team FROGS :life

Offline EmeraldTiger

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 61
  • EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!
  • :life :aether
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: Time Anomaly | Time Disruption https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=39485.msg490740#msg490740
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2012, 06:15:00 pm »
So this simply sends a copy of all the player's to the to of his/her deck. Wording is :time, but function is :aether.
If Nowhere is Somewhere, and Somewhere is Over there, How can we be Anywhere?
:life :aether

• TheManuz is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.TheManuz is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.TheManuz is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeBrawl #2 Winner - Team FireSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeVictor of the 2nd Card Design WarMS Master Painter #5The First Prophet
Re: Time Anomaly | Time Disruption https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=39485.msg490742#msg490742
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2012, 06:18:12 pm »
Isn't this card way too cheap for what it does? Fractal costs 10 :aether and it consumes all  :aether quanta when it used, this card uses 4 :time and leaves all the other  :time quanta on their place. Too OP, it needs big nerfing (or a high cost increase).
You still draw a card per turn. To be powerful it will need very heavy draw power.

Let's think a simple scenario: you have 5 creatures on your field, you play Time Anomaly and your deck size increase by 5. That's all for this turn.
The next turn you draw creature 1.
The next turn you draw creature 2, and so on.

It's not Fractal, the creatures are not in your hand.

So this simply sends a copy of all the player's to the to of his/her deck. Wording is :time, but function is :aether.
Well, try to think to time travel paradox, where you travel back in time and meet yourself.
This spell does the same thing! And this also explains the name.

Offline ARTHANASIOS

• Legendary Member
  • ARTHANASIOS brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.ARTHANASIOS brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.ARTHANASIOS brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.ARTHANASIOS brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.ARTHANASIOS brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.ARTHANASIOS brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.ARTHANASIOS brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.ARTHANASIOS brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.ARTHANASIOS brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.ARTHANASIOS brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.
  • Cockatrices ftw!
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeCard Design Competition - Doomsday Device(TM)Weekly Tournament WinnerBrawl #2 Winner - Team FireSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeElemental Warrior Competition Winner
Re: Time Anomaly | Time Disruption https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=39485.msg490745#msg490745
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2012, 06:37:04 pm »
^ True, but this is  :time we are talking about. Cards like Golden Hourglass, Sundial and Precognition allows you to draw multiple cards per turn, that's well in  :time capabilities. Also think the following; If you have a few Golden Nymphs on the field, they can be Rewinded by Time Anomaly/Disruption and their Precognition skill can be used to draw their copies and to play them right on the same turn, doubling the number of your Golden Nymphs on the field just by that. The only drawback of this strategy is the amount of  :time quanta you may need to perform it, but with SoRs around this wouldn't be a big problem.
 The problem here is that this card will allow  :time to use Mitosis-style skills without the use of :life, enabling SoR + Mitosis styled tactics just by using time, which may be proven a huge advantage for mono-time deckbuilds. I may be wrong here, but I wish to point some possible flaws of this card and of course I am ready to accept critism, since I critisise other opinions myself.
Brawl #1 team :time, Brawl #2 team :fire, Brawl #3 team Silver Ferns, Brawl #4,7,8 Brawlmaster

Re: Time Anomaly | Time Disruption https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=39485.msg490748#msg490748
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2012, 06:55:11 pm »
^ True, but this is  :time we are talking about. Cards like Golden Hourglass, Sundial and Precognition allows you to draw multiple cards per turn, that's well in  :time capabilities. Also think the following; If you have a few Golden Nymphs on the field, they can be Rewinded by Time Anomaly/Disruption and their Precognition skill can be used to draw their copies and to play them right on the same turn, doubling the number of your Golden Nymphs on the field just by that. The only drawback of this strategy is the amount of  :time quanta you may need to perform it, but with SoRs around this wouldn't be a big problem.
 The problem here is that this card will allow  :time to use Mitosis-style skills without the use of :life, enabling SoR + Mitosis styled tactics just by using time, which may be proven a huge advantage for mono-time deckbuilds. I may be wrong here, but I wish to point some possible flaws of this card and of course I am ready to accept critism, since I critisise other opinions myself.
I'm ok with criticism, and i appreciate that.
I would like to do some quick math with your scenario. Let's suppose i've got 4 Golden Nymphs on the field.
I also have a Time Disruption in my hand.

To duplicate them i need:
Play Time Disruption: 3 :time
I have to pay Precognition abilities to draw all the duplicated Nymphs:  :time :time x 4 = 8 :time
Then i need 8 :time x 4 = 32 :time
Total: 43 :time + 1 Card (the time disruption)

Same operation, using upped SoR:
Play 2 SoR to play 4 Precognition abilities to draw all the duplicated Nymphs:  6 :rainbow
Total: 35 :time + 6 :rainbow + 3 cards (Time Disruption + 2 SoR)

The most quanta-efficient way to do it, using upped Precognition Spells:
Play 4 Precognition abilities to draw all the duplicated Nymphs:  4 :time
Total: 39 :time + 5 Cards (Time Disruption + 4 Precogs)

With Fractal: 32 :time + 9 :aether + 1 Card

I don't know, it costs less than fractal, but requires more interactions to be used at the same level of efficiency.
But if you feel it's much powerful than Fractal, explain it with a scenario, it will be easier to understand.

Offline moomoose

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 37
  • moomoose is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.moomoose is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.moomoose is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.moomoose is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.moomoose is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.moomoose is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.moomoose is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.
  • I'm big in Japan.
  • Awards: Winner of the Mark Redesign competition!
Re: Time Anomaly | Time Disruption https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=39485.msg490749#msg490749
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2012, 06:58:17 pm »
i imagine having hourglasses would be much more practical than nymphs, and cheaper in the long run.
moose dont say moo.

Offline Pineapple

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Pineapple hides under a Cloak.
  • Master of Cake
  • Awards: Silver DonorSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: Time Anomaly | Time Disruption https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=39485.msg490755#msg490755
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2012, 07:16:30 pm »
The mechanic is also powerful on your opponent's side.
Although it doesn't remove the creatures, it still has the dangerous draw-locking capabilities of normal Reverse Time.
Using this in a Phase Shield deck can assure that the opponent doesn't draw any further copies of Permanent control, and using it in an Aflatoxin deck assures that the opponent can't do anything for the next 23 turns.

Scary.

i imagine having hourglasses would be much more practical than nymphs, and cheaper in the long run.

Hourglasses can't attack the opponent :P

R: Time Anomaly | Time Disruption https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=39485.msg490759#msg490759
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2012, 07:24:57 pm »
It works only on your creatures, cannot target opponent.

I also know that hourglasses are a better option but I have to point out that fractal doesn't needs other cards to work. This does need other cards to make the combo works, and its power is limited by your drawing power.

Offline mega plini

• Reputation Power: 7
  • mega plini is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • I follow rivers
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeWar #5 - Sportsmanship Award
Re: Time Anomaly | Time Disruption https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=39485.msg491222#msg491222
« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2012, 11:33:26 am »
this seems Up. because you need a lot of time, cards and quanta (that are 3 downsides) it will never be OP.
The only very powerful thing I can think of are massive skeleton reverses. But that is balanced as well because you draw lock yourself for a couple of turns.
The Moon shines upon the innocent and the guilty alike

Offline ARTHANASIOS

• Legendary Member
  • Cockatrices ftw!
Re: Time Anomaly | Time Disruption https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=39485.msg491230#msg491230
« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2012, 12:06:43 pm »
After reading all the comments, I think it is ok balanced and I am starting to really like the idea. I would vote for this card to become featured in the game.  ;)

Re: Time Anomaly | Time Disruption https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=39485.msg491281#msg491281
« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2012, 02:30:33 pm »
this seems Up. because you need a lot of time, cards and quanta (that are 3 downsides) it will never be OP.
The only very powerful thing I can think of are massive skeleton reverses. But that is balanced as well because you draw lock yourself for a couple of turns.
I don't think is UP, but i agree it needs a lot of resources to be powerful.
However it can be used to achieve some simple combos.

Example:  :death :time deck.
Play a Bonewall and 1 Golden Hourglass.
Play 4 Ball Lightnings and a Time Disruption. 20 damage + 8 bone counters. Total cost: 3 :time
For the next 2 turns you draw 1 Ball Lightning + 1 Ball Lightning (thanks to Hourglass) = 10 Damage + 4 Bone counters for 1 :time cost.

I can also see some  :entropy Pandemonium :time TimeDisruption  :death Graveyard decks.
Produce some skeletons (somehow), then TimeDisruption to reverse them all, then Pandemonium to kill some and multiply them (as long as you have at least to graveyard in play, then TimeDisruption again.
Result: multiply creatures, and if they die they produce more skeletons that you can mass-rewind again.
You can skip the pandemonium, too, and rely on opponent CC.

After reading all the comments, I think it is ok balanced and I am starting to really like the idea. I would vote for this card to become featured in the game.  ;)
Thanks for your support!

anything
blarg: