*Author

Offline TheManuzTopic starter

• Reputation Power: 18
  • TheManuz is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.TheManuz is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.TheManuz is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeBrawl #2 Winner - Team FireSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeVictor of the 2nd Card Design WarMS Master Painter #5The First Prophet
Round 5: Uzmah Larva | Uzmah Larva https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=37022.msg464609#msg464609
« on: February 26, 2012, 12:57:33 pm »
NAME:
Uzmah Larva
ELEMENT:
Life
COST:
5 :life
TYPE:
Creature
ATK|HP:
2 | 4
TEXT:
:life : Gnaw
Destroy a smaller non-pillar permanent (Cost < HP).
Gain +1 | +1.
NAME:
Uzmah Larva
ELEMENT:
Life
COST:
5 :life
TYPE:
Creature
ATK|HP:
3 | 6
TEXT:
:life : Gnaw
Destroy a smaller non-pillar permanent (Cost < HP).
Gain +1 | +1.

ART:
http://www.sxc.hu/pic/m/w/we/weblody/710556_caterpillar.jpg
IDEA:
TheManuz
NOTES:
HAUNTING REQUIREMENT: CANNOT USE 'T, N, OR S' IN CARD NAME!

SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS (FINAL ROUND):

• The NAME of either card cannot have more than 11 letters in it (spaces and punctuation aren’t counted). For example, Nymph’s Tears is acceptable (11 letters), but Elite Crusader is not (13 letters).
  • The NAME of either card should not include any color, element, the words ‘Improved/Elite’, or types of gemstone.
  • The NAME of one of the cards needs to start and end with a vowel (the vowel doesn’t need to be the same).
  • Both of the card’s NAMES should include at least 3 letters of the author’s name in them. (Ex: Kuroaitou -> Kite | Elite Kite, where ‘K’, ‘I’, and ‘T’, are in both names). Numbers may act as wildcards, underscores and other symbols are to be ignored.
  • The COST of both cards must be an odd number (1, 3, 5, 7).
  • The COST of your unupped card has to be equal to the total number of votes you have accumulated throughout this entire competition, divided by 10. (Round up or down if necessary – for example: if you have 37 total votes, divide it by 10, and you have 3.7 or ‘4’ for the COST)(My case: 48 votes. 48/10 = 4.8 = 5 rounded up).
  • If the card is a creature, it cannot have ‘0’ for either stat (ATK nor HP cannot equal 0).
  • If the card is a creature, it must be able to target another creature OR a permanent.

I must admit that i spent more time trying to fulfill the requirements than i want to admit! Well, it's over now! Good luck to me and Drake!

This creature is the :life answer to Otyugh!
If Oty devours creatures, Uzmy devours permanents!

Since it cannot devour pillars, it's difficult to make it grow enough to devour every permanent.
The unupped can devour permanents that costs 3 or less, the upped 5 or less.
I think life needs a way to deal with permanents too, and i also think that it's a shame that life creatures don't have interesting abilities.
SERIES:

Spoiler for Round 4: Time Crack | Time Disruption:
NAME:
Time Crack
ELEMENT:
Time
COST:
4 :time
TYPE:
Spell
ATK|HP:
TEXT:
Replace the target creature skill with 0:  Time Rift
draw a copy of this creature if available
NAME:
Time Disruption
ELEMENT:
Time
COST:
4 :time
TYPE:
Spell
ATK|HP:
TEXT:
All your creatures are rewinded, but they also stay on the field.
ART:
http://imageplay.net/img/tya22258754/934142_clock.png
IDEA:
TheManuz
NOTES:
Round 4 requirements
  • Both of the card’s NAMES should include at least 3 letters of the author’s name in them. Numbers may act as wildcards, underscores and other symbols are to be ignored. (A,E,H,M,N,T,U,Z)
    Unupped contains T,M,A.
    Upped contains T,M,U.
  • Both the unupped and upgraded card forms must have different mechanics UNLESS it’s an Other card.
  • The COST of your unupped card has to be equal to the total number of votes you have accumulated throughout this entire competition, divided by 10. (Round up or down if necessary) (11+15+11 = 37. Unupped must cost 4)
  • If the card is a creature, it must be able to either provide healing OR apply a status effect (either something new or something in-game like adrenaline/momentum/infection) to a target.
  • If the card is a permanent, its ability must either be triggered via its destruction (removal) OR it requires stacking.
  • If the card is a spell, it must grant an ability to a creature (i.e. – Liquid Shadow, Acceleration, Mitosis) OR it must affect all creatures on a field/both player fields (Rain of Fire, Pandemonium, Luciferin)
Haunting effects:
  • Naming Blight) The winner's card CANNOT have the following 3 letter consonants (not vowels!) in their name (name 3 letters): X,Q,Z
The image of a clock that is both cracked and intact (at least this is what i saw in the image!) made me think to a break in the time continuum. So i started to think to strange things that would happen when you mess with time, like paradoxes and things like that.
Reverse Time was in my head all the time (pun happened!) but then i thought to Schrodinger's Cat. If a creature can die while staying alive, it could be also rewinded while staying on the field!
This idea brought me to the upped card: Time Disruption.
Every creature on the field (only targetable ones, of course) will put a copy of itself on top of your deck, while staying there.
Side-effect: when affected creatures are skeletons or mummies, they behave like when targeted by rewind (so no copy on top of your deck, but living creatures on your field).
The sinergy with :death is obvious, but if paired with drawing power it could be used as a cheap Fractal-like spell, or like a Time-Mitosis.
This can also help avoiding deckout, since it add a lot of cards on top of your deck.
In general, it's useful once you enstablish control of the field but you need more "firepower".

The unupped is a modified version of the upped one. At first i thought to give the "fake-rewind" ability only to a single creature. But then i remembered that the mechanics of the cards should be different (damn you, rules!), so i thought of removing the rewind effect, and preserving somehow the duplication.
This is the result: target creature skill becomes "0: Time Rift". If a copy of this creature is available in your deck, it's added to your hand.
It's powerful, but it also depletes your deck, so you can use it only a limited number of times (5 at best. This is the reason of the 0 cost, since you already paid 4 :time to play the card and you also have to pay for the creatures you draw).
Another twist on Time-Mitosis, i guess!
SERIES:

Spoiler for Round 3: Eerie Mirage | Eerie Mirage:
NAME:
Eerie Mirage
ELEMENT:
Darkness
COST:
5 :darkness
TYPE:
Creature
ATK|HP:
6 | 2
TEXT:
When comes into play, generates two decoys.
Can swap position with a decoy after each attack.
NAME:
Eerie Mirage
ELEMENT:
Darkness
COST:
5 :darkness
TYPE:
Creature
ATK|HP:
7 | 1
TEXT:
When comes into play, generates three decoys.
Can swap position with a decoy after each attack.
ART:
http://imageplay.net/img/tya22257090/565273_chupacabra_2.png
IDEA:
TheManuz
NOTES:
Decoys appear to opponent as exact copies (in status and stats) of the Eerie Mirage that generated them.
So if the original Mirage gets poisoned, adrenalined, momentumed or buffed/damaged in any way, those changes also applies to the decoys.

The player that played Eerie Mirage can see decoys for what they really are (maybe their stats could be 0|0, or have a different picture or "other" card border).

Decoys would never do anything. No attack, no damage, no ability.
When a decoy is targeted, it simply disappear (no death effect), canceling the effect that targeted it. For example, it cannot be devoured. It will simply disappear without giving the +1|+1 to the devouring creature, wasting the ability or spell that targeted it.

After each attack, Eerie Mirage can swap position with a decoy.
This happens after each attack because when attacking you can see who really damaged you, and decoys are revealed for what they are, since they don't attack. But then they swap their position, so you don't know where the Eerie Mirage is.

The swap doesn't always happen. Your opponent will never know if the Eerie Mirage is still there or if it moved.

This creature is made for wasting your opponent CC. This makes Eerie Mirage sturdy, even with such a low HP.

Of course spells with area of effect are deadly to him, making all decoys disappear instantly and targeting it for sure.

The unupped can survive a Thunderstorm | Lightning Storm, but it deals less damage and it generates only 2 decoys.
The upped one have higher attack and lower HP, but is stronger against individual CC, since it generates 3 decoys.

I thought that this blurry image should be something like a spectre, a mirage, or something treacherous or misleading.
And what element is the master of treachery? :darkness
SERIES:

Spoiler for Round 2: Futhark | Uthark:
NAME:
Futhark
ELEMENT:
Entropy
COST:
5 :entropy
TYPE:
Spell
ATK|HP:
TEXT:
Shuffle your hand back in your deck. Draw that many cards afterwards. Heal 2 HP for each card added.
NAME:
Uthark
ELEMENT:
Entropy
COST:
3 :entropy
TYPE:
Spell
ATK|HP:
TEXT:
Shuffle your hand back in your deck. Draw that many cards afterwards. Heal 2 HP for each card added.
ART:
http://i.imgur.com/ZvSyc.jpg
IDEA:
TheManuz
NOTES:
Futhark is the oldest form of runic alphabet. Uthark is another way of reading runes (i understood is kind of mystical, but i might be wrong).

This is a mechanic for drawing cards and healing for entropy.
I thought that runes are read by throwing them in a chaotic way. And by reading them, you can know your destiny (draw cards).

The cards you draw are your hand minus one, since you played this card.
This can be used as a countermove to Nightmare, and it has synergy with everything card that fills your hand (fractal, somehow reverse time).
However it works nice even alone, if you don't like your cards or don't have enough quanta to play the cards in your hand (i think it's better for rainbow, since you'll need 5 :entropy).
SERIES:

Spoiler for Round 1: Impact | Hard Impact:
NAME:
Impact
ELEMENT:
Gravity
COST:
5 :gravity
TYPE:
Permanent
ATK|HP:
TEXT:
Shield:
Deals 1 damage to the opponent for every creature blocked
NAME:
Hard Impact
ELEMENT:
Gravity
COST:
5 :gravity
TYPE:
Permanent
ATK|HP:
TEXT:
Shield: reduces damage by 1.
Deals 1 damage to the opponent for every creature blocked
ART:
http://www.sxc.hu/pic/m/a/an/andy205/593098_technic_4.jpg
IDEA:
TheManuz
NOTES:
This is another way of dealing direct damage, other than Catapult | Trebuchet.
Unlike Gravity Shield, this works best against swarm decks.
The upped one has 1 (physical) damage reduction too, enabling combos with Aflatoxin, or RoL/Nightmare (and maybe others that i'm missing).
SERIES:
« Last Edit: April 15, 2012, 06:51:53 pm by TheManuz »

Offline furballdn

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 86
  • furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Facetious trollnotmod
  • Awards: Epic 3 Card Winner - Clockwork GolemBest Recruiter of FriendsBest JournalistBest Chat PainterBattle - Slayer of The Great ChimeraBest Crafted Relic of Other
Re: Round 1: Impact | Hard Impact https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=37022.msg464759#msg464759
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2012, 09:58:25 pm »
For the unupped one, it's pretty much useless since it can't block anything if it has 0 damage reduction.

Offline ralouf

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 35
  • ralouf is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.ralouf is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.ralouf is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.ralouf is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.ralouf is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.ralouf is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.ralouf is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.
  • Elements lover
  • Awards: War #5 - Sportsmanship AwardWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeChampionship League 1/2012 WinnerWar #4 Winner - Team DeathWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: Round 1: Impact | Hard Impact https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=37022.msg464772#msg464772
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2012, 10:32:04 pm »
It "blocks" every creatures, even if it doesn't reduce damage..
TEAM
:deathbig
War Se7en

Offline artimies7

• Reputation Power: 24
  • artimies7 is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.artimies7 is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.artimies7 is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.artimies7 is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.
  • Effectively Super
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake
Re: Round 1: Impact | Hard Impact https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=37022.msg464779#msg464779
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2012, 10:49:08 pm »
I'd use it. I support.
Donuts, Noodles, or Bacon?
Whitewalleries! | Noodles, to Victory!

Offline furballdn

• Legendary Member
  • furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Facetious trollnotmod
  • Awards: Epic 3 Card Winner - Clockwork GolemBest Recruiter of FriendsBest JournalistBest Chat PainterBattle - Slayer of The Great ChimeraBest Crafted Relic of Other
Re: Round 1: Impact | Hard Impact https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=37022.msg464843#msg464843
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2012, 02:45:48 am »
Does it work that way? I know common sense suggests that it does, but would that work in game? Why not just reword it to say "Deal 1 damage to your opponent for each creature that attacks you"? Makes more sense as you're not really "blocking" anything with a 0 damage reduction shield.

Offline ZephyrPhantom

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 101
  • ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeFlavour Text Revival Competition - WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: Round 1: Impact | Hard Impact https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=37022.msg464852#msg464852
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2012, 03:11:16 am »
Heh, my first thought when seeing this was "Temporia (http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,29976.0.html) became a shield?" :P

Nevertheless, I like the theme designed the image. :)

Does it work that way? I know common sense suggests that it does, but would that work in game? Why not just reword it to say "Deal 1 damage to your opponent for each creature that attacks you"? Makes more sense as you're not really "blocking" anything with a 0 damage reduction shield.
I'm inclined to think that the 'shield' is actually a giant spring or spring-like device that sends creatures flying back at the opponent. This is just my interpretation, though.

EDIT : And in response to the below post, Golden Sun (http://goldensunwiki.net/Impact_Psynergy_series). I'll be taking that cookie. ;)

Offline furballdn

• Legendary Member
  • Facetious trollnotmod
Re: Round 1: Impact | Hard Impact https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=37022.msg464854#msg464854
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2012, 03:15:50 am »
Heh, my first thought when seeing this was "Temporia (http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,29976.0.html) became a shield?" :P

Nevertheless, I like the theme designed the image. Great job Manuz! :)

I'm inclined to think that the 'shield' is actually a giant spring or spring-like device that sends creatures flying back at the opponent. This is just my interpretation, though.
My first thought was "Boost a party member's attack by 25%" (Cookie if you get the reference :P)

I'm fine with the concept and all, but I would've preferred better wording.

• TheManuz is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.TheManuz is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.TheManuz is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeBrawl #2 Winner - Team FireSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeVictor of the 2nd Card Design WarMS Master Painter #5The First Prophet
Re: Round 1: Impact | Hard Impact https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=37022.msg465058#msg465058
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2012, 11:08:53 am »
I works exactly how everybody thinks: even if it doesn't reduce damage, it still count as blocking.
However i understand i can improve wording.
I don't know if it's ok to modify the entry or if there are problems with that, so for now i'll leave it as it is.

Re: Round 2: Futhark | Uthark https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=37022.msg468310#msg468310
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2012, 11:39:02 pm »
Round 2
Futhark | Uthark

Offline SnoWeb

• Reputation Power: 23
  • SnoWeb is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.SnoWeb is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.SnoWeb is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.SnoWeb is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.
  • Awards: War #2 Winner - Team Entropy
Re: Round 2: Futhark | Uthark https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=37022.msg468378#msg468378
« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2012, 07:16:25 am »

Re: Round 2: Futhark | Uthark https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=37022.msg468399#msg468399
« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2012, 12:40:54 pm »
I learned something: futhark (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elder_Futhark) | Uthark (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uthark_theory)
Thanks for linking those. I was planning to do it, but i forgot!

Round 3: Eerie Mirage | Eerie Mirage https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=37022.msg472447#msg472447
« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2012, 12:17:06 am »
Round 3
Eerie Mirage | Eerie Mirage

anything
blarg: