*Author

Offline furballdn

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 86
  • furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Facetious trollnotmod
  • Awards: Epic 3 Card Winner - Clockwork GolemBest Recruiter of FriendsBest JournalistBest Chat PainterBattle - Slayer of The Great ChimeraBest Crafted Relic of Other
Re: [group] The Elemental Engineers https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=36819.msg494683#msg494683
« Reply #348 on: May 08, 2012, 02:59:13 am »
Here's my take on the scarab deck.
Spoiler for What? Furball can build decks?:
Hover over cards for details, click for permalink
Deck import code : [Select]
4vj 4vj 4vj 4vj 4vj 4vj 6s6 6s6 6s6 6s6 6s6 6s6 7ac 7ac 7ac 7an 7an 7an 7an 7an 7an 7qa 7qa 7qa 7qa 7qa 7qa 7qb 7qb 7qb 8ps

After tampering around with CP scarabs, heavy armor scarabs, blessed scarabs, TU scarabs, it all felt really hard to maintain due to the different elements needed in the deck. After staring a bit longer though, I happened upon a brilliant discovery. Scarabs were 3atk airborne creatures. Great for the SoFrepi combo, so I built flying furballs and used scarabs instead. Now you have a slight amount of CC as well. Problem is, scarabs are insanely fragile (moreso than deja vu), especially since swarm means their hp builds up slowly. If only it was :air element... Anyways, the precogs were put in since I had extra space, but they could be replaced for other cards such as arsenic, vampire dagger, heavy armor, blessing, another tower, or anything that doesn't cost more than 3 of any element.

EDIT: after looking around, it seems scarabs love adren :P
Do you get nom noms often or dejas + unstoppable are better than scarabs?
Nom noms aren't actually very common unless you pack in buff cards like heavy armor and blessing (I talk about that in the thread I made for this deck). Additionally, SoFre tends to eat away the :gravity tht you need. Deja+unstoppable causes more damage, but is less stable. Besides, the challenge was for scarabs, and I made a pretty original scarab deck compared to the others. Also, I noticed a lot of Absol's challenges were put up by me :P

Offline Gandora

• Reputation Power: 18
  • Gandora is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Gandora is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Gandora is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 5th Birthday Cake
Re: [group] The Elemental Engineers https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=36819.msg494798#msg494798
« Reply #349 on: May 08, 2012, 07:02:53 am »
Here's my take on the scarab deck.
Spoiler for What? Furball can build decks?:
4vj 4vj 4vj 4vj 4vj 4vj 6s6 6s6 6s6 6s6 6s6 6s6 7ac 7ac 7ac 7an 7an 7an 7an 7an 7an 7qa 7qa 7qa 7qa 7qa 7qa 7qb 7qb 7qb 8ps

After tampering around with CP scarabs, heavy armor scarabs, blessed scarabs, TU scarabs, it all felt really hard to maintain due to the different elements needed in the deck. After staring a bit longer though, I happened upon a brilliant discovery. Scarabs were 3atk airborne creatures. Great for the SoFrepi combo, so I built flying furballs and used scarabs instead. Now you have a slight amount of CC as well. Problem is, scarabs are insanely fragile (moreso than deja vu), especially since swarm means their hp builds up slowly. If only it was :air element... Anyways, the precogs were put in since I had extra space, but they could be replaced for other cards such as arsenic, vampire dagger, heavy armor, blessing, another tower, or anything that doesn't cost more than 3 of any element.

EDIT: after looking around, it seems scarabs love adren :P
Do you get nom noms often or dejas + unstoppable are better than scarabs?
Nom noms aren't actually very common unless you pack in buff cards like heavy armor and blessing (I talk about that in the thread I made for this deck). Additionally, SoFre tends to eat away the :gravity tht you need. Deja+unstoppable causes more damage, but is less stable. Besides, the challenge was for scarabs, and I made a pretty original scarab deck compared to the others. Also, I noticed a lot of Absol's challenges were put up by me :P

Why don't you change the Precogs for Heavy Armor then? Seems a reasonable decision to me :)
Who likes poems? :) Here are mine.

Offline AbsolTopic starter

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 35
  • Absol is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Absol is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Absol is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Absol is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Absol is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Absol is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Absol is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.
  • Consectetur Adipiscing Elit
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: [group] The Elemental Engineers https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=36819.msg496279#msg496279
« Reply #350 on: May 10, 2012, 04:41:46 pm »
Oh, yes, i see you're all making good decks. Maybe the challenge of the week worth it.

Mini-announcement:
What do you think about a new thread just for weekly challenge? And this thread can be used to the more serious (helping people, making crazy decks) discussion.
Basically, we will have 2 threads: Engineer's Workshop (for people which needs minor help with deck, for posting raw idea to be refined, to showcase what we've made) and Weekly Challenge (just like implied, this is for people to compete in deckbuilding using restricted rule. 3 challenges per week, 3 winning conditions. People can PM me for giving challenges.)
I will arrange things later if needed. But how do you think of this?
« Last Edit: May 10, 2012, 04:43:38 pm by Absol »
"Neque porro quisquam est, qui dolorem ipsum, quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit."
"There is no one who loves pain itself, who seeks after it and wants to have it, simply because it is pain."

Offline Poker Alho

• Poker Alho is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Poker Alho is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Poker Alho is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • flips are overrated
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: [group] The Elemental Engineers https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=36819.msg496287#msg496287
« Reply #351 on: May 10, 2012, 04:49:32 pm »
Oh, yes, i see you're all making good decks. Maybe the challenge of the week worth it.

Mini-announcement:
What do you think about a new thread just for weekly challenge? And this thread can be used to the more serious (helping people, making crazy decks) discussion.
Basically, we will have 2 threads: Engineers Workshop (for people which needs minor help with deck, for posting raw idea to be refined, to showcase what we've made) and Weekly Challenge (just like implied, this is for people to compete in deckbuilding using restricted rule. 3 challenges per week, 3 winning conditions. People can PM me for giving challenges.)

i have to say only the weekly challenge seems good, because the whole "deck help" subpart of the forum is already made to help people with their decks, so having that enginner's workshop would be redundant. To showcase what we have made so far, i think this thread right here should suffice :)

Offline Gandora

• Gandora is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Gandora is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Gandora is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 5th Birthday Cake
Re: [group] The Elemental Engineers https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=36819.msg496299#msg496299
« Reply #352 on: May 10, 2012, 05:07:32 pm »
well i probably don't have the time to make 3 decks a week, but i think one challenge should be possible :)
Who likes poems? :) Here are mine.

Offline ARTHANASIOS

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 53
  • ARTHANASIOS brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.ARTHANASIOS brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.ARTHANASIOS brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.ARTHANASIOS brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.ARTHANASIOS brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.ARTHANASIOS brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.ARTHANASIOS brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.ARTHANASIOS brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.ARTHANASIOS brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.ARTHANASIOS brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.
  • Cockatrices ftw!
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeCard Design Competition - Doomsday Device(TM)Weekly Tournament WinnerBrawl #2 Winner - Team FireSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeElemental Warrior Competition Winner
Re: [group] The Elemental Engineers https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=36819.msg496327#msg496327
« Reply #353 on: May 10, 2012, 05:59:16 pm »
Sounds nice! Count me in in deckbuilding. I have some crazy ideas too!  :P  :o  :-X
Brawl #1 team :time, Brawl #2 team :fire, Brawl #3 team Silver Ferns, Brawl #4,7,8 Brawlmaster
War #8 team :life, War #10,11,12 team :light, Brawl #6 team FROGS :life

Offline Chapuz

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 72
  • Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.
  • The weird Voodoo guy
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeDeckbuilding Competition - Tower Defense WinnerSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeBrawl #1 Winner - Team Nyan Sharks
Re: [group] The Elemental Engineers https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=36819.msg496348#msg496348
« Reply #354 on: May 10, 2012, 07:18:12 pm »
I don't think it would be worthy, making them here is good.
My Decks, Tutorial and Guides <~~~~~ Click Here ! ! !

Offline sensor

• Reputation Power: 1
  • sensor is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • Oh, my...
Re: [group] The Elemental Engineers https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=36819.msg496689#msg496689
« Reply #355 on: May 11, 2012, 05:55:43 am »

Mini-announcement:
Basically, we will have 2 threads: Engineers Workshop (for people which needs minor help with deck, for posting raw idea to be refined, to showcase what we've made) and Weekly Challenge (just like implied, this is for people to compete in deckbuilding using restricted rule. 3 challenges per week, 3 winning conditions. People can PM me for giving challenges.)

i have to say only the weekly challenge seems good, because the whole "deck help" subpart of the forum is already made to help people with their decks, so having that enginner's workshop would be redundant. To showcase what we have made so far, i think this thread right here should suffice :)

Hello :) I like the idea of a sepparated thread for challenges, this thread already became somewhat chaotic, and agree with Poker Alho about the deck building section.
For the challenge thread, how about a challenge list with challenge submission date? And I didn't understand yet if must the decks be properly tested with sheet etc.
"You shall not pass!" - Gandalf

Offline Poker Alho

• Poker Alho is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Poker Alho is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Poker Alho is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • flips are overrated
Re: [group] The Elemental Engineers https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=36819.msg496756#msg496756
« Reply #356 on: May 11, 2012, 10:37:09 am »

Mini-announcement:

Hello :) I like the idea of a sepparated thread for challenges, this thread already became somewhat chaotic, and agree with Poker Alho about the deck building section.
For the challenge thread, how about a challenge list with challenge submission date? And I didn't understand yet if must the decks be properly tested with sheet etc.

well, usually when testing decks, most of the so-called "testing" is made just from thinking lol (at least thats how i do it) but if needed, testing against AI3 or the AI the deck was made for, or even using Xeno's game simulator tool that immediatly provides info on ttw, win percentage and EM percentage (problem is, that info is generally only true for pure rush decks, otherwise the AI may not play the deck properly)

Offline darkrobe

• Reputation Power: 12
  • darkrobe is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.darkrobe is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
Re: [group] The Elemental Engineers https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=36819.msg496855#msg496855
« Reply #357 on: May 11, 2012, 04:01:27 pm »
completely unrelated to your current conversation I think. considering the recent coming buff to the nymphs (especially the death nymph) and the buff to aflatoxin Id like to see a revisiting of the Death air synergy.

My idea is around these lines

play wings and aflatoxin your oponents creatures. let them grow crazy and play spiders to keep down the opponents arial creatures. then, when you run out of wings, lighting storm the field of cells and get a ~45x bonewall. I dont really have the time to make the deck flow nicely yet. So i figured Id let you guys have a stab at it if you are interested.

This is what i have so far
713 713 713 713 713 713 71b 71b 71c 71c 71k 7n1 7n1 7n5 7n7 7n7 7n8 7n8 7n8 7n8 7oe 7oe 7oe 7oe 7oe 7oe 7oe 7oe 7oe 7oe 8pk

What do you think?

Offline Poker Alho

• flips are overrated
Re: [group] The Elemental Engineers https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=36819.msg496861#msg496861
« Reply #358 on: May 11, 2012, 04:14:14 pm »
completely unrelated to your current conversation I think. considering the recent coming buff to the nymphs (especially the death nymph) and the buff to aflatoxin Id like to see a revisiting of the Death air synergy.

My idea is around these lines

play wings and aflatoxin your oponents creatures. let them grow crazy and play spiders to keep down the opponents arial creatures. then, when you run out of wings, lighting storm the field of cells and get a ~45x bonewall. I dont really have the time to make the deck flow nicely yet. So i figured Id let you guys have a stab at it if you are interested.

This is what i have so far
713 713 713 713 713 713 71b 71b 71c 71c 71k 7n1 7n1 7n5 7n7 7n7 7n8 7n8 7n8 7n8 7oe 7oe 7oe 7oe 7oe 7oe 7oe 7oe 7oe 7oe 8pk

What do you think?

nice strategy overall but... i dont know, seems like there's something strange about it o.O

i think going wings only could work to help with the field lockdown from afla, because as it is, it seems like the bonewall+lighting storm combo is just for fun (unless you had condors *.*)

2 aflas and the nymph can or cannot be reliable, only sure with proper testing
the same goes for bonewall and lightning storm, 2 of each might be too little
i might test the deck by myself later if you want to and post the results

Offline darkrobe

• Reputation Power: 12
  • darkrobe is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.darkrobe is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
Re: [group] The Elemental Engineers https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=36819.msg496871#msg496871
« Reply #359 on: May 11, 2012, 04:38:01 pm »
maybe replace the bonewalls with condors? hmmm. i could still play around with its some more. but your more than welcome to adjust it as you see fit... I posted it for that reason.

Edit:

yah, condors might be a good change, makes it less novelty and more high powered.

Spoiler for Hidden:
713 713 713 713 713 714 714 714 71c 71c 71c 71k 7n1 7n1 7n5 7n5 7n8 7n8 7n8 7n8 7oe 7oe 7oe 7oe 7oe 7oe 7oe 7oe 7oe 7oe 8pk
« Last Edit: May 11, 2012, 05:04:09 pm by darkrobe »

anything
blarg: