*Author

Offline PolariTopic starter

• Reputation Power: 2
  • Polari is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • New to Elements
Scarabond - a Time/Life FG stall https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=31840.msg402770#msg402770
« on: October 02, 2011, 05:52:26 pm »
Deck Helper comment: 
This deck was posted before the 1.32 game update and as a result may work very differently now.  Use at your own risk.

After brewing a bunch of shitty FG deck ideas, I stumbled upon one that kinda works. It's not going to break any records, but wins enough to be worth playing if you're looking for something different for a change. I know I find it fun to play! I'm collecting stats here in this spreadsheet (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?key=0AgxDeoyDoRYZdDRpUHpOaWllLVFOSmlXWDJ6Y3V2UHc&gid=5), notice the separate sheets for different versions and combined results. As of writing this I'm at 61 wins out of 173 games total (35%), 26 out of 77 (34%) for v3. I'm expecting it to rise slightly as it settles down, v2 won 45% and the current version feels very similar.

v3:
Hover over cards for details, click for permalink
Deck import code : [Select]
75m 75m 75m 7aj 7aj 7aj 7am 7am 7am 7am 7ba 7ba 7ba 7ba 7ba 7ba 7q0 7q0 7q0 7q0 7q0 7q0 7q0 7q0 7q0 7q0 7q5 7q5 7q5 7q5 7q5 7q5 7q8 7q8 7qc 7qc 7qc 7qc 7ri 7ri 7ri 7ri 7ri 7ri 7ri 8pn

Basically the same as v3 but with time mark. I still don't know which one's better, but in any case it's a moot point now that the shards require a life mark.

75m 75m 75m 7aj 7aj 7aj 7am 7am 7am 7am 7ba 7ba 7ba 7ba 7ba 7ba 7bu 7bu 7bu 7bu 7bu 7bu 7bu 7bu 7bu 7q0 7q0 7q0 7q0 7q0 7q0 7q0 7q0 7q5 7q5 7q5 7q5 7q5 7q5 7q8 7q8 7qc 7qc 7qc 7qc 8ps

The initial, lighter build. Missing the 6th hourglass added for consistency, 4th pharaoh added for staying power and additional towers and pends to compansate.

75m 75m 75m 7aj 7aj 7aj 7am 7am 7am 7am 7ba 7ba 7ba 7ba 7ba 7ba 7q0 7q0 7q0 7q0 7q0 7q0 7q0 7q0 7q0 7q0 7q5 7q5 7q5 7q5 7q5 7q8 7q8 7qc 7qc 7qc 7ri 7ri 7ri 7ri 8pn

I've gone through the list of gravity, life and time cards a couple of times and I doubt there's anything good to add to the deck other than messing around with the manabase or maybe switching to unupped shields. More life means more consistent carapace early, but makes having enough time an even worse bottleneck in midgame. I've thought about unupped shields but haven't bothered actually testing them, my gut feeling is that they'd be much better against Dark Matter and Decay but slightly worse in general. I also tried splashing for a few off-color cards mostly for quints, but my versions with quantum towers sucked balls and would have eventually morphed into this deck (http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,4958.0.html).

At its core this is a time stall similar to many others I've played like various (http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,11131.0.html) dune scorp decks (http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,20173.0.html) or Fast-Draw Ghostal (http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,30623.0.html), this time with pharaohs and bonds as the meat of the deck. Your plan is to get into a position where you're outhealing all enemy damage with a carapace slowly eating their table away. Strangely enough, while none of the matchups feel like sure wins except maybe Gemini or Paradox, on the other hand, I'm also beating gods that feel like I should have no chance against. Rainbow is impossible to outstall and you're way too slow and mana-hungry for Seism, but I think everyone else is beatable. Ok, a few others you're probably not going to beat (as of now I've won at least once against 21 out of the 29 gods), but at least you've got a fighting chance against most.

Generally you start out by playing an hourglass ASAP, then trying to get a shield down. Playing shards early is a bit iffy as the mana used makes a huge difference. Often you'll want to hold them for a while to make sure you don't delay your shield too much. Other than that it depends a lot on the matchup. An active Eternity is usually great, but against some gods you'll want to prioritize starting your scarab production and getting your bonds active. Your usual plan against CC is to play multiple pharaohs at once, and if they survive initially, you'll have scarabs serving as cannon fodder. The AI seems to prioritize devour over scarab production for everything except lobo effects. Against those hoard time, then dump a bunch of pharaohs at once and keep rewinding and replaying one.

Some notes on various matchups:

Akebono is weak to Eternity and if you can just get a couple of shards out and make him replay a dragon each turn, you're winning.

Against Decay your plan is to get a shield and an eclipse on the field and survive the first batch of pests. This usually results in a heartbreaker where you fall just a bit short, but it's possible.

Divine Glory and other PC gods can also be beaten with the usual time deck plan. As long as you can get your first hourglass online, you'll have enough permanents to soak up their explosions. DG feels like an ok matchup. EP and Hermes don't feel hopeless, but their speed makes it really hard to win. Graviton has little CC and can be beaten if you get an Eternity to stick for a while.

Feral Bond gods aren't a problem as you'll eventually clear their board. Ferox's speed is problematic, but Elidnis and FQ are among your best matchups.

Do not play your shields against Hecate.

Lionheart and Miracle are surprisingly bad. Your CC is limited to rewinding and carapace poisoning, and killing their high-toughness guys with carapace takes a bit too long. Lionheart is probably around 50/50, but I think Miracle is worse. Entirely winnable though as long as he doesn't get those fast dragons.

Neptune is a good matchup if you're willing to deck him out, which is mind-numbingly boring and takes ages as he'll choke on CC and draw one card a turn. Killing him otherwise is near-impossible, just getting a single scarab out is very hard. Miracle is similar in that while killing him isn't a huge deal, he has enough Miracles to make it more likely he'll deck out first. That at least should happen in a somewhat reasonable time.

Obliterator will eat you once he gets a Pulvy, but he only has 4. Prioritize using Eternity whenever possible to delay it. Diamond shield is highly annoying but can be overcome by growing scarabs. You might need to dump multiple pharaohs at once to dodge gravity force.

Serket is probably around 50/50 too maybe 33%, which is pretty solid for a deck with no real way of stopping his poison damage. His regular attack damage is pitiful, he takes a while to set up, and has no disruption against your bonds. Last game I played against him I won with 40 poison while healing, I don't know, 80 or something each turn.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2013, 01:51:43 am by willng3 »

Offline Chapuz

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 72
  • Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.
  • The weird Voodoo guy
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeDeckbuilding Competition - Tower Defense WinnerSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeBrawl #1 Winner - Team Nyan Sharks
Re: Scarabond - a yet another mediocre FG deck https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=31840.msg403045#msg403045
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2011, 12:53:42 am »
Nice stats, I like it!!! do you get the grav. pendulums fast enough having only 3? O_O
My Decks, Tutorial and Guides <~~~~~ Click Here ! ! !

Offline nilsieboy

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 26
  • nilsieboy is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.nilsieboy is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.nilsieboy is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.nilsieboy is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.nilsieboy is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.
  • Always trust badgers.
  • Awards: 6th Trials - Master of GravitySlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake5th Trials - Master of Gravity4th Trials - Master of GravitySlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake24 Club (cost 24+ cards during War auction)Beginners League 3/2010 2nd Place3-Man Team PvP #1 WinnerTeam PvP #1 WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Scarabond - a yet another mediocre FG deck https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=31840.msg403218#msg403218
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2011, 05:36:32 am »
Nice stats, I like it!!! do you get the grav. pendulums fast enough having only 3? O_O
he has lots of hourglasses, but i agree it looks a bit short on gravity.. maybe make it gravity towers? if you draw one you'll get more gravity and one is most likely enough at the time.
:gravity nilsieboy :gravity
I wondered why the titan was getting bigger, then it hit me. ~gravity

Offline Pineapple

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Pineapple hides under a Cloak.
  • Master of Cake
  • Awards: Silver DonorSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: Scarabond - a yet another mediocre FG deck https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=31840.msg403219#msg403219
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2011, 05:38:11 am »
Why use gravity quanta when you can use SoR? .-.

• New to Elements
Re: Scarabond - a yet another mediocre FG deck https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=31840.msg403263#msg403263
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2011, 08:28:01 am »
he has lots of hourglasses, but i agree it looks a bit short on gravity.. maybe make it gravity towers? if you draw one you'll get more gravity and one is most likely enough at the time.
I've never had a problem with gravity. It's not like you're going to have excess of it, but you really only need it for stuff you need to take care of immediately as the shield will take care of most things. And it's going to take ages while you set everything else up before you're going to eat anything at all. In any case, 4 pends would be better for consistency than 2 towers.

Why use gravity quanta when you can use SoR? .-.
SoR a scarab. Watch it get rewound. Cry. Also, SoR will be completely dead and clogging your hand until you've already got everything you need while a grav pend will get out there, help you play SoGs and maybe soak up some PC.

Offline Bonestorm

• Reputation Power: 8
  • Bonestorm is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • This is not the end.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeWinner of Short Story Competition - Draconic Guardians
Re: Scarabond - a yet another mediocre FG deck https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=31840.msg404518#msg404518
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2011, 05:48:06 am »
Cool deck having some good fun with it :) adding a single improved heal gives greater EM if you're that way inclined.

• New to Elements
Re: Scarabond - a yet another mediocre FG deck https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=31840.msg405808#msg405808
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2011, 09:41:54 am »
Back to life mark thanks to 1.29 shard nerf. I'm getting a bit tired with the deck after the first 100 games, but updated the OP with what I'll test once I get back to it.

Offline JonathanCrazyJ

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 65
  • JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.
  • Top-Decking Words
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWar #12 Winner - Team DarknessWinner of Team PvP #812th Trials - Master of WaterSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeDeckbuilding Competition - Hierarchy11th Trials - Master of WaterSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeCard Competition - Idea Factory EspionageForum Brawl #6 Winner - The Tentacle's GripChampionship League 3/2016 2nd PlaceWar #10 - Sportsmanship AwardWeekly Tournament Winner	 Writing Competition: Elemental Rap WarBattle League 2/2016 1st Place10th Trials - Master of WaterWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeDeckbuilding Competition - No Matter How Many Times You Save The World2015 - PvP World ChampionForum Brawl #5 Winner - Abyss BrawlersBattle League 3/2015 1st PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerCompetition - Result ModifiersSolved the Ruby Mansion MurderBattle League 2/2015 3rd PlaceCard Competition - When Life Gives You Art...Writing Competition - 6th Birthday PartySlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeBattle League 1/2015 2nd PlaceSilver Donor
Re: Scarabond - a Time/Life FG stall https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=31840.msg420126#msg420126
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2011, 11:52:19 pm »
I had a similar idea (using pharoahs as FG deck) after 1.29, because of the SoR buff... my deck looks like this

6rq 6rq 6rq 6rq 6rq 6rq 74d 74d 7q0 7q0 7q0 7q0 7q0 7q0 7q0 7q0 7q0 7q0 7q0 7qc 7qc 7qc 7qc 7qc 7qc 7ri 7ri 7ri 7ri 7ri 8pl

I played 200 games with it in game and filled up to 10 games a piece for each FG in trainer, here are my stats:

God                     Win           Lose                  Win Percent
Akebono               0                      10                          0
Chaos Lord       5                       5                          50
Dark Matter       2                       8                          20
Decay               3                       7                          30
Destiny               8                       2                          80
Divine Glory           0                    10                           0
Dream Catcher       6                    4                          60
Elidnis               4                       6                          40
Eternal Phoenix   4               6                          40
Ferox               6                       4                          60
Fire Queen       8                       2                          80
Gemini               0                     10                           0
Graviton               3                       7                          30
Hecete               0                      10                           0
Hermes               4                      6                          40
Incarnate               4                      6                          40
Jezebel               1                      9                          10
Lionheart               4                      6                          40
Miracle               3                      7                          30
Morte               2                      8                          20
Neptune               0                     10                           0
Obliterator       1                       9                          10
Octane               3                       7                          30
Osiris               5                       5                          50
Paradox               5                       5                          50
Rainbow              6                       4                          60
Scorpio               1                       9                          10
Seism               1                       9                          10
Serket               3                       7                           30

32% against all
46% no skips

I consider Skips at <20% so Akebono (0%), dark matter (20%), Divine Glory (0%), Gemini (0%), Hecate (0%), Jezebel (10%), Morte (20%), Neptune (0%), Obliterator (10%), Scorpio (10%), Seism (10%)

OK, they are very different decks, mine rushes the scarab production and turns every game into a frantic race to gain advantage (thats why i play it, for the fun rather than huge winrate, though 11 skips and 46% aint too bad).... But the thing im trying to say, although very longwindedly, is SOR is AWESOME!
I got those stats with a deck that i dont consider very good purely because of SoR...
Your deck looks REALLY well thought out and i want it to do well because i love pharoahs, so if you are still interested in this, maybe try shoving some SoR in there if you can find space, because they work wonders used on both pharoahs and (if short on grav quanta) Scarabs too!
Competitions!
Competition Mailing Lists are a SERVICE TAILORED FOR YOU!
If you like any Competitions at all, check them out, we are here for you!

blarg: jonathancrazyj