*Author

Offline EssenceTopic starter

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 57
  • Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.
  • Voice of the Oracle -- Jezzie's Pimp -- Often Gone
  • Awards: 2nd Trials - Master of Water1st Trials - Master of WaterFG Deck-Designer - The OutcastsShard Madness! Competition WinnerEpic 3 Card Design Competition WinnerElder Recruiter
Battle Gear | War Gear https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=9562.msg113287#msg113287
« on: July 13, 2010, 03:24:31 am »
NAME:
Battle Gear
ELEMENT:
Other
COST:
TYPE:
Permanent
ATK|HP:
ABILITY:
3: Target Humanoid gains +1|+2.  This ability can only affect one Humanoid at a time.
NAME:
War Gear
ELEMENT:
Other
COST:
TYPE:
Permanent
ATK|HP:
ABILITY:
3: Target Humanoid gains +2|+3.  This ability can only affect one Humanoid at a time.
ART:
Metropolitan Musuem of Art (liscensed for reuse)
IDEA:
Essence
NOTES:
When the ability is re-used, it stops affecting it's previous target.
SERIES:
For the "New Passive Ability" contest.

This card centers on a new passive skill: Humanoid.

Humanoid.

Humanoids generally stand upright, have sensory organs on their heads, and most importantly have arms capable of grasping and using objects, whether it's with fingers and hands or with dextrous tentacles.

Existing Humanoids:
:aether - Immortal, Nymph
:air - Firefly Queen, Nymph
:darkness - Nymph
:death - Mummy, Skeleton, Nymph
:earth - Hematite Golem, Gnome Rider, Nymph
:entropy - Fallen Elf, Lycanthrope, Nymph
:fire - Lava Golem, Nymph
:gravity - Graviton Fire Eater, Graviton Mercenary, Armagio, Otyugh, Nymph
:life - Nymph
:light - Guardian Angel, Nymph
:time - Anubis, Pharaoh, Nymph
:water - Mind Flayer, Arctic Squid, Nymph

The card is meant to represent the uniquely humanoid ability to wield weapons and wear armor.
If something happens and you think it deserves my attention, feel free to PM me. Other than that, I'm probably here if you want to shoot the breeze.

Offline jmizzle7

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 34
  • jmizzle7 is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.jmizzle7 is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.jmizzle7 is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.jmizzle7 is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.jmizzle7 is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.jmizzle7 is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.
  • I'm kind of a big deal. People know me.
  • Awards: Weekly Tournament WinnerSS Competition #1 1stCard Design Competition Winner
Re: Battle Gear | War Gear https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=9562.msg113323#msg113323
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2010, 04:21:10 am »
I would hardly say that Arctic Squid is a humanoid. If anything, it's a cephalopod, which, last time I checked, is hardly human. On the other hand, Pharaoh is most definitely humanoid, and isn't included.

dramore

Re: Battle Gear | War Gear https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=9562.msg113337#msg113337
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2010, 04:39:13 am »
and lets not forget the Mummy and Skeletons

• Legendary Member
  • Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.
  • Awards: 2nd Trials - Master of Water1st Trials - Master of WaterFG Deck-Designer - The OutcastsShard Madness! Competition WinnerEpic 3 Card Design Competition WinnerElder Recruiter
Re: Battle Gear | War Gear https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=9562.msg113549#msg113549
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2010, 04:20:21 pm »
I would hardly say that Arctic Squid is a humanoid. If anything, it's a cephalopod, which, last time I checked, is hardly human. On the other hand, Pharaoh is most definitely humanoid, and isn't included.

Well, it may technically be a cephalopod, but look at that picture -- it's totally got hands, feet, and even a cute little tentacle hairdo!

And thanks for the catch on Pharaoh. 8)

And let's not forget the Mummy and Skeletons
Umm...I didn't? 
If something happens and you think it deserves my attention, feel free to PM me. Other than that, I'm probably here if you want to shoot the breeze.

Arondight

Re: Battle Gear | War Gear https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=9562.msg116013#msg116013
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2010, 12:43:52 pm »
Even though cephalopods are some of my utmost favorite animals, I would have to say Arctic Squid is not humanoid as well.

As for the card, I really like it. It works around how weak cards like Blessing really can be because of the single usage.

Offline RavingRabbid

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 85
  • RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Lord Seagull
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeDeckbuilding Competition: The Face of Mother NatureSlice of Elements 6th Birthday Cake7th Trials - Master of WaterWinner of Warrior's Preparation - PvP Event14 Club - Most Expensive Players during War AuctionWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeTeam PVP #1 Winner5th Trials - Master of Water3rd Trials - Master of WaterChampionship League 3/2011 WinnerWinner of 2nd Off-Topic Quiz LeagueWinner of 2nd Element Quiz LeagueWinner of 1st Off-Topic Quiz LeagueWinner of 1st Element Quiz LeagueChampionship League 2/2011 WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake3-Man Team PvP #1 Winner
Re: Battle Gear | War Gear https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=9562.msg116037#msg116037
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2010, 01:44:19 pm »
Even if Paul is smarter than a human, squids are not humanoids.
There are things worse than eating tuna directly from the tin

Offline ratcharmer

• Reputation Power: 10
  • ratcharmer is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.ratcharmer is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • I'm back, it's been a while.
Re: Battle Gear | War Gear https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=9562.msg116198#msg116198
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2010, 05:49:17 pm »
How would this work with Immortal if you can't target Immortal?

. . . and who is Paul and how is he relevant to squids?

• Legendary Member
Re: Battle Gear | War Gear https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=9562.msg116726#msg116726
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2010, 11:53:16 am »
Card updated.

Arondight

Re: Battle Gear | War Gear https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=9562.msg116730#msg116730
« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2010, 11:55:49 am »
Aw, so the card doesn't recycle anymore? :( Was it due to collisions with missing draws, etc?

• Legendary Member
Re: Battle Gear | War Gear https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=9562.msg117002#msg117002
« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2010, 09:24:54 pm »
No, it was because of a silly technical detail of the competition that the card was entered in: only one new passive abililty relevant to the card.  I couldn't use the "humanoid" passive and the "salvage" passive on the same card and have it be relevant to the competition.

Though, all told, I think that this card is more balanced regardless. :)

Offline ratcharmer

• Reputation Power: 10
  • ratcharmer is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.ratcharmer is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • I'm back, it's been a while.
Re: Battle Gear | War Gear https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=9562.msg117021#msg117021
« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2010, 10:02:24 pm »
What happens to the creature it's used on if the permanent is destroyed? does it lose the bonus?

blarg: