*Author

Offline drollyTopic starter

• Reputation Power: 5
  • drolly is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • Lurking Leafy. Now without artifacts.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Wat https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=43445.msg541901#msg541901
« on: September 14, 2012, 05:39:45 pm »
The following talktext has been inspired by Gary Bernhardt's legendary "Wat" at CodeMash 2012. If you know something about programming languages, it's definitely worth watching the original thing.
Spoiler for credits:
Special thanks go to:

Advice: Scroll down slowly to get the full experience.

Hi, good. You guys know what WAT means?

WAT. Exactly, exactly.

Let's talk about Shard of Bravery.

By using Shard of Bravery, if your opponent has zero cards left, of course they deck out as you'd expect, and if you try to use Shard of Bravery while having zero cards yourself, of course you deck out as you'd expect,...

...and what happens if you try to use Shard of Bravery and the opponent has a full hand?

Correct, you lose.

Let's talk about Emerald Shield.

Emerald Shield, unlike some other shields, does not let spells get through, your opponent cannot just cast a spell and have damage done to you.

Unless one uses a particular spell called Purify, and then if it is cast on you, suddenly, Emerald Shield lets it get through.

Now, of course because this game is fair, we can flip sides and same thing comes out, so if we do it vice versa, you should exactly get the same thing, which, as you can see, you do.

And this is not deserving of WAT, it's actually a result of how awesome Emerald Shield is ...

... but if you ever actually do this in PvP, then...

Let's talk about Virus.

Does anyone know what happens, to Virus, when it activates its ability while it's poisoned by Aflatoxin?

Um, let me ask this first: What should happen to Afla'ed Virus? Transform into Malignant Cell, I would also accept if it stayed alive - that is not what happens to Afla'ed Virus.

Wrong, wrong...Afla'ed Virus transforms into...

... empty slot. Obviously, I...I think that is obvious to everyone.

And in fact I can even summon a new Virus on that slot.

Right. Now, what would happen if I bless our new Virus? Finally, this is the only one of these that's actually true - because you know, you sacrifice an Afla'ed Virus and get an empty slot, it doesn't make sense, but if you bless our new Virus now - um, does anyone know what Virus becomes then? Er, no, of course, far away.

Blessed new Virus becomes...

...Malignant Cell. So that's what's actually right and...exactly,...

...right like, "What is even going on?", and this...I just...I don't even understand...

...what Zanzarino...with a brain in their head would think any of this is a good idea...

Okay, okay, enough making fun of cards that suck, let's talk about Steal.

If your opponent plays a 3-turn Dim Shield, they get three turns of protection, which is represented by a counter of 2, which is obvious...

...and if I then steal my opponent's shield, I get two turns of protection; this is actually the only screenshot in this entire presentation that is reasonable.

Now, if they steal it back, another turn has been subtracted and they have one turn of protection left, fine.

Does anyone know what will happen if I steal a Cloak with zero counters?

I'm assuming no one does, let me...I'll give you a hint...
...does this help? Does anyone know?

That's all I got. Thank you, guys.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2012, 12:54:40 am by drolly »
Team :life, reigned by :aether: Long live Frogtal! - Wat

Offline Evan_85

• Reputation Power: 1
  • Evan_85 is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • Hypocrite
Re: Wat https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=43445.msg541909#msg541909
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2012, 06:06:43 pm »
Pointing bugs never been so fun before. Thanks for the good read.

I don't know if I should hope for you to find more material to continue the series, or the opposite.  :D
*living on Kong* *much derp* *very troll* *wow* *so newb*

Offline Absol

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 35
  • Absol is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Absol is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Absol is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Absol is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Absol is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Absol is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Absol is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.
  • Consectetur Adipiscing Elit
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: Wat https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=43445.msg541999#msg541999
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2012, 12:17:31 am »
This awesome. +rep
"Neque porro quisquam est, qui dolorem ipsum, quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit."
"There is no one who loves pain itself, who seeks after it and wants to have it, simply because it is pain."

Offline furballdn

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 86
  • furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Facetious trollnotmod
  • Awards: Epic 3 Card Winner - Clockwork GolemBest Recruiter of FriendsBest JournalistBest Chat PainterBattle - Slayer of The Great ChimeraBest Crafted Relic of Other
Re: Wat https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=43445.msg542001#msg542001
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2012, 12:19:30 am »
Brilliant. From now on, all bugs should have to be reported this way.

Offline choongmyoung

• Reputation Power: 16
  • choongmyoung is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.choongmyoung is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.choongmyoung is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • Me the Korean Cubiest.
Re: Wat https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=43445.msg542008#msg542008
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2012, 12:25:27 am »
U R DOING IT RIGHT
Circular Logic is true. Thus, Circular Logic is true.

Offline Rutarete

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 72
  • Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.
  • Creativity should be nurtured.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeRuby Shard of DeckbuildingSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: Wat https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=43445.msg542015#msg542015
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2012, 12:35:25 am »
Seconded :)

Great post, drolly. +1 to you
It is the greatest mystery of all...
Rutarete: Roo tah reh teh
[22:50] <Jyi> meaning gets lost in translation... even in the same language.
My Decks

Offline blahs15

• Reputation Power: 2
  • blahs15 is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • 'relic king'
Re: Wat https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=43445.msg542039#msg542039
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2012, 02:26:33 am »
Ohhh man, all bugs I've known about, and almost all bugs I've experienced.  But reading this was sooooo great.
<3
cheers ^.^
317 Relics and counting. (4 are upped) :D

Offline regen2k9

• Reputation Power: 11
  • regen2k9 is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.regen2k9 is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • *dances*
  • Awards: Beginners League 2/2012 3rd PlaceSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: Wat https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=43445.msg542047#msg542047
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2012, 02:33:00 am »
Seconded :)

Great post, drolly. +1 to you
Thirded.  +rep.  This is absolutely fantastic.  I lol'd.
Walk towards the :light...

Offline storyteller

• Reputation Power: 16
  • storyteller is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.storyteller is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.storyteller is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • a very old soul
Re: Wat https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=43445.msg1006405#msg1006405
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2012, 03:16:30 am »

agreed.

Offline Birkedal

• Reputation Power: 1
  • Birkedal is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • Love Elements
Re: Wat https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=43445.msg1010798#msg1010798
« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2012, 05:53:34 pm »
Nice Spotted! :D

Offline Bonestorm

• Reputation Power: 8
  • Bonestorm is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • This is not the end.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeWinner of Short Story Competition - Draconic Guardians
Re: Wat https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=43445.msg1026291#msg1026291
« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2012, 08:00:04 am »

I just about died laughing when I saw this.

Offline ddevans96

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 113
  • ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • now palafrost
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSilver Donor9th Trials - Master of WaterSlice of Elements 6th Birthday Cake8th Trials - Master of WaterSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeWinner of the Harry Potter PvP House CupSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: Wat https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=43445.msg1037743#msg1037743
« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2013, 03:54:15 am »
The following talktext has been inspired by Gary Bernhardt's legendary "Wat" at CodeMash 2012. If you know something about programming languages, it's definitely worth watching the original thing.

This thread got linked in chat when a disucssion about Virus+Afla=fail came up, and I never pass up a chance to look at this thread, but this time I decided to watch the original speech, which I never had.

Four minutes of sheer laughter, and I only understood about half of it. And then I compared it with your script edited for Elements and laughed even harder. Seeing the original speech made this thread exponentially funnier to me than it already was.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2013, 12:13:51 am by ddevans96 »
discord / twitter: palafrost - 2x master of water - false god enthusiast
twitch: palafrost - speedrunner, ex-celeste, currently hades
avatar: makoto [persona 5] by asukabaka

anything
blarg: nilsieboy,zanzarino,TheonlyrealBeef