*Author

Offline blarpTopic starter

• Reputation Power: 9
  • blarp is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • To become immortal, one must play as a god.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeChampionship League 1/2013 2nd PlaceBrawl #1 Winner - Team Nyan SharksChampionship League 2/2012 WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Leech | Leech https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=42349.msg527176#msg527176
« on: July 30, 2012, 12:27:46 am »
NAME:
Leech
ELEMENT:
Water
COST:
2 :water
TYPE:
Creature
ATK|HP:
1 | 1
TEXT:
:darkness : Leech Life
Drain 1 | 1 from the target and add 0 | 1 to Leech, double if the target is poisoned.
NAME:
Leech
ELEMENT:
Water
COST:
2 :water
TYPE:
Creature
ATK|HP:
2 | 2
TEXT:
:darkness : Leech Life
Drain 1 | 1 from the target and add 0 | 1 to Leech, double if the target is poisoned.

ART:
Krava
IDEA:
blarp
NOTES:
Trying to keep it simple. Thanks for everyones feedback!
SERIES:

Spoiler for Hidden:
NAME:
Leech
ELEMENT:
Life
COST:
3 :life
TYPE:
Creature
ATK|HP:
2 | 2
TEXT:
:water Borrow: Target two creatures; the first loses 1 hp and the second gains 1 to its maximum hp.
NAME:
Leech
ELEMENT:
Life
COST:
3 :life
TYPE:
Creature
ATK|HP:
2 | 3
TEXT:
:water Borrow: Target two creatures; the first loses 2 hp and the second gains 2 to its maximum hp.

ART:

IDEA:

NOTES:
Should be able to target self for the 2nd creature.
Doesn't have to use the ability every turn for the leech to work, so you can use this on a bunch of creatures at once to boost 1 of your guys.
Atm I don't think you should be able to target players themselves with this.
SERIES:

« Last Edit: August 26, 2012, 10:16:43 pm by blarp »
My default opinion of a new card is OP. Your job as a card creator will have to be to convince me otherwise.
Happy to help with questions regarding upped PvP
Thanks for voting Blarp as your Favorite PvP Deck of 2012!
Blarp (the deck), bane of Championship League

• Awards: Slice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeChampionship League 1/2013 2nd PlaceBrawl #1 Winner - Team Nyan SharksChampionship League 2/2012 WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: Leech | Leech https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=42349.msg527183#msg527183
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2012, 12:35:35 am »
the upgraded 2 leech may be too much. should probably have  it still only drain 1 and instead reduce the creature cost.
My default opinion of a new card is OP. Your job as a card creator will have to be to convince me otherwise.

Offline bobknows

• Reputation Power: 4
  • bobknows is a Spark waiting for a buff.
Re: Leech | Leech https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=42349.msg527252#msg527252
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2012, 04:51:11 am »
the upgraded 2 leech may be too much. should probably have  it still only drain 1 and instead reduce the creature cost.
I think this is just fine, other creature based cc(like parasite) is more powerful than this. My main concern is the double target; I think that the current coding dosent allow for it.

Re: Leech | Leech https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=42349.msg527254#msg527254
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2012, 05:21:57 am »
I think this is just fine, other creature based cc(like parasite) is more powerful than this. My main concern is the double target; I think that the current coding dosent allow for it.

No that's why I suggested changing it. This is similar to parasite, but it just does double the amount of damage AND it heals. It could be offset by the cost but yeah.

I don't know about the double targeting :S Is there some place that lists coding restraints?

Offline Drake_XIV

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 91
  • Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Powerful Harmony
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSummer and Winter Competition WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: Leech | Leech https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=42349.msg527378#msg527378
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2012, 05:10:36 pm »
Double targeting is currently not allowed.

Offline artimies7

• Reputation Power: 24
  • artimies7 is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.artimies7 is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.artimies7 is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.artimies7 is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.
  • Effectively Super
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake
Re: Leech | Leech https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=42349.msg527408#msg527408
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2012, 06:07:17 pm »

Well, there you go.

Thematically, I would suggest this:
 :water: Target a creature. Rob it of one attack or one defense.

The ATK/DEF would be chosen by which is higher on the targeted creature. You gain one of that stat.

I would also suggest that you lower the attack to 0 | 1 starting out, but keep the defense level. This makes it more balanced.

If anyone argues OP, either raise the ability cost to  :water :water or lower the defense by one.

AFTERTHOUGHT:  :water for the ability: can you show your reasoning/arguments?

Nice avatar as well.
Donuts, Noodles, or Bacon?
Whitewalleries! | Noodles, to Victory!

Offline dragonsdemesne

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 63
  • dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!
  • Leeeeeeeeeeroyyyyyyyyy....
  • Awards: Weekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 1/2014 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 3/2013 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 2/2013 WinnerBattle League 1/2013 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 3/2012 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 2/2012 3rd Place
Re: Leech | Leech https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=42349.msg527476#msg527476
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2012, 11:17:03 pm »

If that's true, it could just heal the Leech every time, so that you only need to target the creature being drained.  Water does seem a bit odd to me as well.  I'd lean towards darkness or death for the activation, but that's just me.

Offline OdinVanguard

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 67
  • OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.
  • Keeping The Jotnar at bay
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake
Re: Leech | Leech https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=42349.msg527483#msg527483
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2012, 11:43:30 pm »
I see this fitting better as :death and :water or :darkness and :water rather than :life and :water myself. Leeches are aquatic, so that works well, but stealing life from something else just seems to fit :death and :darkness best.
I personally would like to see it in :darkness and :water since there are no direct synergy cards as of yet. (i.e. no :darkness cards with :water abilities or vice versa).

If that's true, it could just heal the Leech every time, so that you only need to target the creature being drained.  Water does seem a bit odd to me as well.  I'd lean towards darkness or death for the activation, but that's just me.
I agree, seems to make sense this way too since real leeches do basically get fat by sucking the blood out of other animals.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2012, 11:46:25 pm by OdinVanguard »
Whether the glass is half full or half empty is a moot point. It is always filled to the brim. It is only a matter of by what. The real question is: What fills you?
If your zombie plan is
kill -9 `ps l | awk '{print $2" "$3" "$9}' | grep "Z" | awk '{printf("%s ",$2)}'`
You might be a unix junky

Offline Drake_XIV

• Legendary Member
  • Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Powerful Harmony
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSummer and Winter Competition WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: Leech | Leech https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=42349.msg527484#msg527484
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2012, 11:50:14 pm »
I'd actually see this as more as :water with :dark ...

And by buffing itself, it makes more thematic sense that buffing something else.

Re: Leech | Leech https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=42349.msg527518#msg527518
« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2012, 02:37:14 am »
About the elements chosen, I just don't want this to end up a repeat of virus or parasite or chrysomething or whatever. so I'm cautious of using those as the base element.

darkness for the activation would be fine though.

Is there any way to make it so you can target 1 monster to drain hp and add it to leech, and another monster to target to drain hp from leech and add it to that one? simultaneously or not? I don't mean in 1 turn.

Should it leech more depending on the current hp? (drain would increase, hp increase would remain constant I think) Because if so, allowing it to target a player might open up the possibilities for some interesting decks.

Offline Drake_XIV

• Legendary Member
  • Powerful Harmony
Re: Leech | Leech https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=42349.msg527521#msg527521
« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2012, 02:41:56 am »
This does not overlap with Chysaora, so I do not see the issue.  It's similar to Parasite and Toadfish because it deals one consistent damage, but Infection scales with use, so no issues with using it in :water .

Thematically, it makes no sense for any creature to benefit from Leech sans Leech.  They are parasitic creatures, so why would they ever be used to heal another.

I think leeching should be a constant.  No need to make any more complicated than it should be.  Heh, the irony...

Re: Leech | Leech https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=42349.msg527523#msg527523
« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2012, 02:50:38 am »
This does not overlap with Chysaora, so I do not see the issue.  It's similar to Parasite and Toadfish because it deals one consistent damage, but Infection scales with use, so no issues with using it in :water .

Thematically, it makes no sense for any creature to benefit from Leech sans Leech.  They are parasitic creatures, so why would they ever be used to heal another.

I think leeching should be a constant.  No need to make any more complicated than it should be.  Heh, the irony...

if sans is supposed to be french, I think you mean sauf. (Not to be bitchy, I was just curious enough to look up if you could use sans in that way and thought I'd let you know)

so :water with a :darkness cost. Certainly feasible.

Should it be able to target a player though?

blarg: