*Author

Offline OdinVanguardTopic starter

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 67
  • OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.
  • Keeping The Jotnar at bay
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake
Polar Bear | Dire Polar Bear https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=36637.msg459707#msg459707
« on: February 13, 2012, 06:04:40 pm »
NAME:
Polar Bear
ELEMENT:
Light
COST:
4 :light
TYPE:
Creature
ATK|HP:
4|4
TEXT:
Frost Resistance (passive): Delay and frozen duration reduced by additional 1/round
NAME:
Dire Polar Bear
ELEMENT:
Light
COST:
5 :light
TYPE:
Creature
ATK|HP:
6|6
TEXT:
Frost Resistance (passive): Delay and frozen duration reduced by additional 1/round
ART:
Uses polar bear art by scaredgirl
see thread: http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,34339.0.html
art link url: http://i.imgur.com/SQtRI.jpg
IDEA:
OdinVanguard
NOTES:
Its more or less a semi-vanilla. The resistance effect may warrant a slight change in cost, since it will be a little harder to cc, but I'm hoping it isn't too major of a change.
Frost Resistance Mechanic:
If you hit a normal creature with freeze or delay, it gets a set number of frozen / delay status. These then count down 1 point a round. When none are left, the creature is unfrozen / undelayed. This card simply ticks down 2 a round instead, effectively halving the duration. It is still affected, just not quite as heavily as other creatures.
This might be a fun mechanic to make into a standard passive trait for use in other cards as well.
If this seems to much, or doesn't fit the name as well, it could always be split into 2 traits instead of one. One for freeze and one for delay.
SERIES:
I just had to make this card when I saw the art on the free art page. Kudos to Scaredgirl for the awesome artwork.
POLAR BEAR!
Whether the glass is half full or half empty is a moot point. It is always filled to the brim. It is only a matter of by what. The real question is: What fills you?
If your zombie plan is
kill -9 `ps l | awk '{print $2" "$3" "$9}' | grep "Z" | awk '{printf("%s ",$2)}'`
You might be a unix junky

Offline Drake_XIV

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 91
  • Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Powerful Harmony
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSummer and Winter Competition WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: Polar Bear | Dire Polar Bear https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=36637.msg459712#msg459712
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2012, 06:08:28 pm »
Would I be correct in assuming Frost Resistance is passive?

tsing520

Re: Polar Bear | Dire Polar Bear https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=36637.msg459761#msg459761
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2012, 06:42:22 pm »
surely a polar bear is more of a water creature?

• Legendary Member
  • OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.
Re: Polar Bear | Dire Polar Bear https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=36637.msg459772#msg459772
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2012, 06:51:16 pm »
Would I be correct in assuming Frost Resistance is passive?
Yes. I was thinking it could even be made a trait like swarm or airborne.
surely a polar bear is more of a water creature?
Could go either way. I was thinking light for the white fur and love of sun bathing for warmth, but water definitely works too... I also like the white background on light cards; it just works better.
By similar logic pegasus seems like more of an air creature than a light creature, but it got put in light.
I do see your point though.
Whether the glass is half full or half empty is a moot point. It is always filled to the brim. It is only a matter of by what. The real question is: What fills you?
If your zombie plan is
kill -9 `ps l | awk '{print $2" "$3" "$9}' | grep "Z" | awk '{printf("%s ",$2)}'`

Offline moomoose

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 37
  • moomoose is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.moomoose is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.moomoose is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.moomoose is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.moomoose is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.moomoose is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.moomoose is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.
  • I'm big in Japan.
  • Awards: Winner of the Mark Redesign competition!
Re: Polar Bear | Dire Polar Bear https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=36637.msg459847#msg459847
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2012, 08:49:55 pm »
the game is called elements, not colors, isn't it?
moose dont say moo.

tsing520

Re: Polar Bear | Dire Polar Bear https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=36637.msg459851#msg459851
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2012, 09:00:05 pm »
^^ lol

if something like turtle shield still effects it i think it's actually under powered

• Legendary Member
Re: Polar Bear | Dire Polar Bear https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=36637.msg459885#msg459885
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2012, 10:03:29 pm »
The unupped version shouldn't be too underpowered. Blue crawlers have no specials whatsoever and are only 3|3 creatures. I can bump the att|hp on the upped version if people think it is needed.
True, but consider also that bears, and polar bears in particular, are often used as symbols of qualities closely linked to lights themes:
The moon,
Resurrection,
Compassion / nurturing,
Balance
etc.
Their cycle of hibernation and re-emergence is also often tied to the cycles of night and day, spring and winter in some symbology.

So I think it fits the light theme pretty well.
If your zombie plan is

Offline moomoose

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 37
  • moomoose is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.moomoose is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.moomoose is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.moomoose is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.moomoose is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.moomoose is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.moomoose is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.
  • I'm big in Japan.
  • Awards: Winner of the Mark Redesign competition!
Re: Polar Bear | Dire Polar Bear https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=36637.msg459919#msg459919
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2012, 10:37:22 pm »
considering the things you mentioned are tied into other elements, i dont think you have supported your argument for it being a light creature at all. 

the strongest ties bears would have would be earth or gravity due to their strength and mass, respectively, with a potential fit for life as it is a wild animal, and polar bears in particular could be tied in to water due to their strong association with snow/ice.
moose dont say moo.

tsing520

Re: Polar Bear | Dire Polar Bear https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=36637.msg459924#msg459924
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2012, 10:41:42 pm »
as a card i don't think it's up- just the ability as a concept, and i think that there are enough ability-less cards in the game already.

blarg: