*Author

Offline nilsieboyTopic starter

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 26
  • nilsieboy is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.nilsieboy is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.nilsieboy is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.nilsieboy is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.nilsieboy is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.
  • Always trust badgers.
  • Awards: 6th Trials - Master of GravitySlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake5th Trials - Master of Gravity4th Trials - Master of GravitySlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake24 Club (cost 24+ cards during War auction)Beginners League 3/2010 2nd Place3-Man Team PvP #1 WinnerTeam PvP #1 WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
(Gravity) Gen. nilsieboy 3 - (Death) Gen. MrBlonde 2 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=34693.msg437392#msg437392
« on: December 11, 2011, 10:17:38 am »
oh my god... these games were INTENSE.
blonde took bonebolt, we tested against it but i was still afraid.

Hover over cards for details, click for permalink
Deck import code : [Select]
55k 55k 55k 55k 55k 55k 55k 55k 55s 55s 55s 55t 576 576 576 576 576 576 576 576 576 5oi 5oi 5ol 5oo 5oo 5oo 745 745 745 745 745 745 7n5 7n8 7n8 8pr

Testing:
Vs. Mono-Death
First Deck (GP'd Titans)
18-2
Thoughts:
- Good quanta, only 4/20 bad quanta draws (1 pillar/pend)
- Wings/GP CRUCIAL to success. Winning/losing depends largely on getting an early defense set up. Even when I had a bad quanta start, it all came down to whether I could put down a Wings by turn 3
- Play Titans before Chargers if you need to make the choice. In case of that one GP, the 50 HP will come in really handy.
- Not certain they'll go with that deck, as it's largely ineffective against us -- Bonebolt would be much more effective against us, it's likely they'll pack CC (or PC, if they've been hiding it these past few rounds)

Second Deck (OEs)
17-3
Thoughts:
- Objectively worse quanta than the first deck, mostly because of not enough air quanta (I know, even with more pends) -- priority should be Wings over OE/sniping creatures.
- Again, Wings is CRUCIAL to success. The deck listed in the topic has only seven ups -- I would recommend spending the 2 extra ups on two of the Wings.

Vs. BoneBolt
First Deck (GP'd Titans)
10-0
Thoughts:
- Take these results with a grain of salt. Due to AI derpness, there were four out of ten games where targeting Charger with Lightning instead of Titan (which the AI did) may have changed the outcome of the game.
- This deck can for sure outrush Bonebolt's poison. Play Titans over Chargers, and wait to play Chargers until/unless you have two or more at once and can burst.
- For further testing, doing player vs. player instead of vs. AI will probably give you better results.

Second Deck (OEs)
9-1
Thoughts:
- First Deck is the clear deck to use against BoneBolt. OEs are dead cards against a creatureless deck, and Titans are very valuable against Plagues and Lightnings. Same thing, play Titans over Chargers, and burst over solos.^ thank you team, for being a great support for the match.
first game:
55k 55k 55k 55k 55k 55k 55k 55k 55s 55s 55s 55t 576 576 576 576 576 5oi 5oi 5oo 5oo 745 745 745 745 745 745 7n8 7n8 7n8 8pr
we started the game and played a few turns, my internet crashed and he had a screen where he won clearly, i gave him the win as it was my fault. 0-1

second game:
we took the same version with wings, i got a fast titan out with some chargers wich he killed. he played a dragon but once i could fly and GP the titan the game was won. 1-1

third game:
still the same wings version, but he had fast poisons out with a fast dragon wich we couldn't kill. he did fractal it and killed me with 2 dragons and lots of poison. 1-2

fourth game:
55k 55k 55k 55k 55k 55k 55k 55s 55s 55s 55t 576 576 576 576 576 576 576 5oi 5oi 5ol 744 745 745 745 745 745 745 75m 7n5 8pr
at this point we were sure we had to remove the wings, and took our owl's eye and eagle's eye to put in the deck.
this change was great, he expected it so took bonewalls again but once his dragons were dead the game was easy for my chargers to kill him. 2-2

fifth game:
same deck as last round.
epic end game, he had a low quanta draw and i had both EE and OE in hand, with a titan a turn later.
decided to play the EE first to rush him, cause he couldn't play bonewall so did that with a charger. got a flying weapon and saved up for playing a flying GP'd titan. played the titan and did fly and GP it and replaced the weapon slot with my OE in case of dragons. he didn't got any dragons, but he did have lots of poison. we desynced but the game was already decided because of the flying titan wich he couldn't kill and i did kill him before the poison did to me. 3-2

epic games blonde, good luck in round 10 ;)
:gravity nilsieboy :gravity
I wondered why the titan was getting bigger, then it hit me. ~gravity

MrBlonde

Re: (Gravity) Gen. nilsieboy 3 - (Death) Gen. MrBlonde 2 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=34693.msg437394#msg437394
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2011, 10:24:09 am »
52g 52g 52g 52g 52g 52g 52h 52o 52o 52o 52o 52o 52o 542 542 542 542 542 542 542 61q 61q 61q 61q 61q 61q 622 710 710 710 711 71b 71b 71b 71b 72i 8pu

GG's Nils and these were really close games. All 3 of my losses were by one turn.

Game 1 - pretty easy win here. Nils didn't pull anything and his computer blew up so it ended up being an auto win but i played anyways and had no problems.

Game 2 - Well here is where GP played a critical role. His GP'd titan allowed him to stall my damage just long enough for him to win with 3 hp remaining

Game 3 - Don't remember much except that we desynced, agreed to keep playing, and i ended winning in both AI matches.

Game 4 - I started with a 3 pend, 3 pillar draw and my next card was... another pillar. So yeah flooded with quanta and this time he showed an OE. Lost by one turn and if i had pulled my fractal at any point i would have been okay.

Game 5 - This time was the exact opposite and had 2 pillars for the first 5 turns and 3 pillars for most of the rest of the game. That slow start and Nils having a GP'd titan and an early OE allowed him to finish me just fast enough.

Great Games nils and wish you the best next round.

Offline Jappert

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 27
  • Jappert is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Jappert is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Jappert is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Jappert is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Jappert is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.
  • New to Elements
  • Awards: War #4 - Sportsmanship AwardVery Short Story: Who are the Elders? WinnerThe Binder of Elements (Forum Profile Deck Winner)
Re: (Gravity) Gen. nilsieboy 3 - (Death) Gen. MrBlonde 2 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=34693.msg437395#msg437395
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2011, 10:30:37 am »
Sounds like pretty exciting matches apart from the desynchs!
I'm not entirely sure why Bonewalls are a good tactic vs :gravity but I guess your vault didn't have that many options left either...

Team Gravity is sure proving sturdy and tough this war, congrats on living another round!

Offline Jaymanfu

• Reputation Power: 6
  • Jaymanfu is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • Do or do not, there is no try
  • Awards: War #4 Winner - Team DeathWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: (Gravity) Gen. nilsieboy 3 - (Death) Gen. MrBlonde 2 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=34693.msg437396#msg437396
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2011, 10:32:04 am »
I'm not entirely sure why Bonewalls are a good tactic vs :gravity but I guess your vault didn't have that many options left either...

Team Gravity is sure proving sturdy and tough this war, congrats on living another round!
They had owls eyes from last round and this round, and I thought they did damage maybe not /shrug

Offline Jenkar

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 58
  • Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.
  • Heart's made of shadows
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeChampionship League 2/2013 WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake6th Trials - Master of AirWinner of Revive the Archive 2!Slice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeBeginners League 1/2012 WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner5th Trials - Master of AirAvatar of Patience - Winner of the 7 Heavenly Virtues Deck CompetitionBeginners League 3/2011 3rd PlaceC-C-C-Combo Maker Winner!
Re: (Gravity) Gen. nilsieboy 3 - (Death) Gen. MrBlonde 2 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=34693.msg437397#msg437397
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2011, 10:37:40 am »
Ah-Ah-Ah-Ah Staying aliiiiiiiive~

Many thanks to bhlewos for his large testing.
The madness is in each of us. Close your eyes, sing, and open your webbed wings to the silent winds.
Beautiful art : http://i.imgur.com/eUhyYCC.png

Offline vagman13

• Reputation Power: 12
  • vagman13 is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.vagman13 is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • Awards: Weekly Tournament WinnerWar #7 Winner - Team AetherWar #6 Winner - Team Aether14 Club - Most expensive players during War AuctionWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 1/2011 2nd PlaceWar #2 Winner - Team EntropyChampionship League 3/2010 WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: (Gravity) Gen. nilsieboy 3 - (Death) Gen. MrBlonde 2 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=34693.msg437500#msg437500
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2011, 04:23:03 pm »
You just cant get rid of us this war :P

Great work nilsie,and big thanks to bhlewos,cal and jenky for all their effort.

Offline Bhlewos

• Reputation Power: 10
  • Bhlewos is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.Bhlewos is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • Cautiously returning to the game
Re: (Gravity) Gen. nilsieboy 3 - (Death) Gen. MrBlonde 2 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=34693.msg437566#msg437566
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2011, 07:05:40 pm »
o_O was so afraid they'd surprise us with some off-the-wall deck...I guess that testing wasn't just pure dumb luck after all. xD And woohoo, that lone GP! =D

MrBlonde

Re: (Gravity) Gen. nilsieboy 3 - (Death) Gen. MrBlonde 2 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=34693.msg437645#msg437645
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2011, 09:35:18 pm »

The walls were actually important since Nils pulled his OE's early both games. In game 4 i had a ton of quanta so having a BW instead of a pillar was definitely much better and in the next game i had an early BW which was needed to stave off his very early OE dmg. The BW ended up blocking 5-6 hits which i obviously could not take.

And actually looking at your deck more closely it makes me really sad that we didn't win this one.

Offline ralouf

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 35
  • ralouf is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.ralouf is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.ralouf is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.ralouf is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.ralouf is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.ralouf is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.ralouf is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.
  • Elements lover
  • Awards: War #5 - Sportsmanship AwardWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeChampionship League 1/2012 WinnerWar #4 Winner - Team DeathWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: (Gravity) Gen. nilsieboy 3 - (Death) Gen. MrBlonde 2 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=34693.msg437657#msg437657
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2011, 10:00:26 pm »
Yes I'm very sad too we expected this deck and we still lost to it..
TEAM
:deathbig
War Se7en

anything
blarg: nilsieboy,MrBlonde