*Author

Offline 10 menTopic starter

• Reputation Power: 0
  • 10 men hides under a Cloak.
  • Honesty is the privilege of the infallible
  • Awards: 6th Trials - Master of TimeWinner of Draft #3 - PvP EventWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner5th Trials - Master of Time4th Trials - Master of TimeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerShard Revolution WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday CakeWar #2 Winner - Team Entropy
Shard of Intuition | Shard of Intuition https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=31506.msg398447#msg398447
« on: September 24, 2011, 01:11:24 pm »
NAME:
Shard of Intuition
ELEMENT:
Other
COST:
TYPE:
Permanent
ATK|HP:
-
TEXT:
:entropy :entropy :entropy :entropy: Fill your hand with random cards.
NAME:
Shard of Intuition
ELEMENT:
Other
COST:
TYPE:
Permanent
ATK|HP:
-
TEXT:
:entropy :entropy :entropy :entropy: Fill your hand with random upgraded cards
ART:
Zanzarino (original Shard design) / Kuroaitou (Entropy alteration)
IDEA:
10 men
NOTES:
- Entropy cards have a double chance to get picked!

- This was my submission to the Shard Revolution (http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,28846.72.html) competition (place 1).

- It inspired (http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,31187.180.html) Zanzarino to the "Shard of Serendipity" card which is soon to be has been added to the game. :D
SERIES:
-
"My big fear is that one day I may become so vain that I will quote myself in my own signature."  ---  10 men

Offline ddevans96

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 113
  • ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • now palafrost
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSilver Donor9th Trials - Master of WaterSlice of Elements 6th Birthday Cake8th Trials - Master of WaterSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeWinner of the Harry Potter PvP House CupSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: Shard of Intuition | Shard of Intuition https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=31506.msg398536#msg398536
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2011, 04:07:12 pm »
discord / twitter: palafrost - 2x master of water - false god enthusiast
twitch: palafrost - speedrunner, ex-celeste, currently hades
avatar: makoto [persona 5] by asukabaka

Offline russianspy1234

• Reputation Power: 26
  • russianspy1234 is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.russianspy1234 is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.russianspy1234 is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.russianspy1234 is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.russianspy1234 is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.
  • Crucible Bombarder
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 14th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 12th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeArt Competition - Meta Master Card Design Competition: New Year's ResolutionsSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elementshifted 3rd Birthday Cake -Fire-DIAC Ray of SunshineSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: Shard of Intuition | Shard of Intuition https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=31506.msg398541#msg398541
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2011, 04:20:28 pm »
the other shards just encourage use of a specific element, they dont force it.
My Portfolio
Brawl 7 is occurring.  Come follow along.

Offline OldTrees

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 114
  • OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • I was available for questions.
  • Awards: Brawl #2 Winner - Team FireTeam Card Design Winner
Re: Shard of Intuition | Shard of Intuition https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=31506.msg398542#msg398542
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2011, 04:22:04 pm »
Hence Zanz's adaptation makes the first of up to 3 cards an Entropy card but makes the cost  :rainbow.
"It is common sense to listen to the wisdom of the wise. The wise are marked by their readiness to listen to the wisdom of the fool."
"Nothing exists that cannot be countered." -OldTrees on indirect counters
Ask the Idea Guru: http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,32272.0.htm

Offline dragonsdemesne

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 63
  • dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!
  • Leeeeeeeeeeroyyyyyyyyy....
  • Awards: Weekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 1/2014 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 3/2013 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 2/2013 WinnerBattle League 1/2013 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 3/2012 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 2/2012 3rd Place
Re: Shard of Intuition | Shard of Intuition https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=31506.msg398543#msg398543
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2011, 04:22:14 pm »
When this was in the shard competition, I thought it was simultaneously the most overpowered card in the competition and the one that would have been the most fun if it actually made it into the game :)  I'm glad that it inspired Shard of Serendipity.

I gotta ask, though... what were you thinking, making a card that could potentially draw 8 cards every turn? :p  It should probably have been 'draw one random card'.  This makes Shard of Sacrifice look like Rustler in terms of game power.  I can haz 6?

Offline 10 menTopic starter

• Reputation Power: 0
  • 10 men hides under a Cloak.
  • Honesty is the privilege of the infallible
  • Awards: 6th Trials - Master of TimeWinner of Draft #3 - PvP EventWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner5th Trials - Master of Time4th Trials - Master of TimeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerShard Revolution WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday CakeWar #2 Winner - Team Entropy
Re: Shard of Intuition | Shard of Intuition https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=31506.msg398626#msg398626
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2011, 07:11:01 pm »
More direct ink confirming inspiration: http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,31187.msg425475#msg425475
Thanks, but that link was in the op already ;)

Yeah, that  :entropy :entropy :entropy :entropy cost irritated many people. I figured that a card like that could only be used in a rainbow anyway. That is not really a bad thing as all the shards are best used in a rainbow because of the 'Other' cost, and Entropy is the most rainbow affine Element. So to encourage it being used in an Entropy based rainbow, why not make the activation cost Entropy?
Of course if it's too upsetting you could fix it pretty easily for example by making the cost random and raising the probability of getting an Entropy card more.

When this was in the shard competition, I thought it was simultaneously the most overpowered card in the competition and the one that would have been the most fun if it actually made it into the game :)  I'm glad that it inspired Shard of Serendipity.

I gotta ask, though... what were you thinking, making a card that could potentially draw 8 cards every turn? :p  It should probably have been 'draw one random card'.  This makes Shard of Sacrifice look like Rustler in terms of game power.  I can haz 6?
I think you underestimate a little how many crap cards there are in this game. ;) :)) If you really want to use it for 8 cards every turn, permanent space and creature space will soon become an issue, and you'll need tons of quanta. Draw one random card would have been incredibly weak compared to say Hourglass. The latter gives you a semi-random cards that fits into your strategy while being cheaper. "Random Fractal" was to ensure you get at least one useful card per activation. But maybe it would have to cost more.
"My big fear is that one day I may become so vain that I will quote myself in my own signature."  ---  10 men

Offline dragonsdemesne

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 63
  • dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!
  • Leeeeeeeeeeroyyyyyyyyy....
  • Awards: Weekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 1/2014 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 3/2013 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 2/2013 WinnerBattle League 1/2013 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 3/2012 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 2/2012 3rd Place
Re: Shard of Intuition | Shard of Intuition https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=31506.msg399004#msg399004
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2011, 10:28:39 am »
I think you underestimate a little how many crap cards there are in this game
That might be true :)  Still, even getting a fistful of free crap cards isn't too bad, if they are castable, and there's the chance you get some really useful stuff.  As a one-use spell costing more quanta to play, it might have been alright for that reason.  Also, it doesn't seem like it actually made it into my last post, but when I was thinking about having it be 'draw 1 random card' I was also thinking of a lower activation cost, like Hourglass or Mindgate have.

Offline TheManuz

• Reputation Power: 18
  • TheManuz is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.TheManuz is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.TheManuz is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeBrawl #2 Winner - Team FireSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeVictor of the 2nd Card Design WarMS Master Painter #5The First Prophet
Re: Shard of Intuition | Shard of Intuition https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=31506.msg399024#msg399024
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2011, 11:26:59 am »
People can play rainbows even with Nova or Immolations, so there is no need to use :entropy mark.
And maybe in the future we can have more cards that allow to play rainbow.
Zanz did a good thing in removing the :entropy cost, and as i said (http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,28847.msg398157#msg398157), i've got a feeling that it was best as a spell, rather than a permanent!
I liked this card, i voted it when i was partecipating in the contest.

Offline GG

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 28
  • GG is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.GG is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.GG is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.GG is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.GG is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.
  • Retired from everything...
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 5th Birthday Cake3rd Trials - Master of Gravity2nd Trials - Master of GravityC-C-C-Combo Maker Winner!Weekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 1/2011 WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 3/2010 2nd PlaceNew Passive Ability Competition Winner
Re: Shard of Intuition | Shard of Intuition https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=31506.msg413264#msg413264
« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2011, 06:15:36 pm »
I remember this card getting so much hatred during the competition for an 'other' card having a non-other cost. Sorry for 10 men but I still think it didn't deserve to win the competition. Don't know what was going on in the minds of people who voted for it.

Congratulations though for making Reliquary and giving us a shard of total randomness only usable in rainbows.
Ex-Master of :gravity, still a fervid supporter! GO GRAVY!

Offline moomoose

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 37
  • moomoose is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.moomoose is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.moomoose is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.moomoose is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.moomoose is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.moomoose is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.moomoose is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.
  • I'm big in Japan.
  • Awards: Winner of the Mark Redesign competition!
Re: Shard of Intuition | Shard of Intuition https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=31506.msg413310#msg413310
« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2011, 07:18:42 pm »
i second everything gg said. i cringe at the thought that zanz selected this card to go into to the game possibly because "it's what 'they' wanted".  hate to say it because it makes me sound like a sore loser in the competition and not having a card yet in level 4, but it's how i feel.
moose dont say moo.

Offline OldTrees

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 114
  • OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • I was available for questions.
  • Awards: Brawl #2 Winner - Team FireTeam Card Design Winner
Re: Shard of Intuition | Shard of Intuition https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=31506.msg413372#msg413372
« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2011, 09:01:56 pm »
Good core effect (random cards).
Obviously the execution of the delivery (costs, effect type ...) could and was improved.
"It is common sense to listen to the wisdom of the wise. The wise are marked by their readiness to listen to the wisdom of the fool."
"Nothing exists that cannot be countered." -OldTrees on indirect counters
Ask the Idea Guru: http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,32272.0.htm

Offline MartyrX

• Reputation Power: 4
  • MartyrX is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • !!!PULVERIZE!!!
Re: Shard of Intuition | Shard of Intuition https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=31506.msg413383#msg413383
« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2011, 09:22:04 pm »
so there will be 2 entropy shards??

anything
blarg: