*Author

Offline darkrobeTopic starter

• Reputation Power: 12
  • darkrobe is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.darkrobe is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
Wrath of the Prophet [mitopest] [em] [ai3] [silver] [fun] https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=31371.msg397179#msg397179
« on: September 22, 2011, 04:45:34 am »
Okay so the deck has been tweaked. and I wanted to post updated versions with suggestions on how to effectively play in AI3 and farm Arena Silver League.

So...

Wrath of the Prophet
Hover over cards for details, click for permalink
Deck import code : [Select]
6u3 6u3 6u3 6u3 6u3 6u3 6u6 6u6 6u8 6ve 6ve 6ve 6ve 6ve 6ve 7am 7am 7ap 7ap 7ap 7q4 7q4 7t6 7t6 7t6 7t6 7t6 7t6 80a 80a 8pn

(Shits and Giggles version)
6u3 6u3 6u3 6u3 6u3 6u3 6u6 6u6 6u8 6uq 6uq 6uq 6uq 6ve 6ve 6ve 6ve 6ve 6ve 7am 7am 7ap 7ap 7ap 7t6 7t6 7t6 7t6 7t6 7t6 8pn

the ??card is shard of serendipity

The deck is meant to be a novel take on the fallen druids mutation ability. Instead of relying on boneyards or photons as mutation fodder, you mitosis pests and use them. This serves three purposes: 1. pests drain your opponent's quantum stalling and locking them so they cant play more than one or two cards. 2. fills your field with creatures allowing your feral bonds to heal you to their max potential.  3. pests serve as mutation fodder to create interesting and damaging creatures.

Detailed ideal strategy:

first turn- play your pendulums, play Supernovas, play one or two pests.

second turn- play the rest of your pests or mitosis one on the field and begin filling your field with pests

third turn- use thunderbolt to clean up creatures your opponent managed to play. CONGRATS: you have locked down your opponent.

next couple turns: play more pests to deny them quanta, feral bonds to heal any damage, and fallen druids to  begin mutating useful and damaging creatures. Butterfly effect is to get rid of annoying permanents like lobotomizers or fire shields (or in rare cases quantum towers if it will make the difference between a lockdown or not)

Win

Trouble shooting:

Always leave space on the field to play  both of your fallen druids, if you dont get them till the end you will need both to ramp up the damage fast enough to kill the opponent. if you are running out of cards you can use your reverse times to give yourself two extra turns to kill the opponent. (in close matches this sometimes makes the difference)

if it is obvious the opponent has enough quanta production to outpace your devourers. you can play your fallen druids early and try to rush them. once you have one or two mutated strong creatures, the computer will focus cc on those instead of the fallen druid. (note: if the computer obiously uses reverse times as cc, play your druid early to keep the computer from reverse timing your mitopests, that really screws your strategy.) The feral bonds combined with one or two mitopests will generally keep you alive long enough to kill them.

dont worry if you dont lock down the opponent right away, mitopests can ramp up denial pretty quick and in the meantime your feral bonds should keep you alive if you control powerful creatures with lighting.

Special note on shard of serendipity:
probably the funnest thing that could ever happen in this deck. first turn supernova plus serendipity can mean a first turn discord, extra supernova, and a couple random creatures, chaos power, blessing, etc most of which you will be able to play. Some of the funnest games i have ever played in elements have come from a first round shard of serendipity in this deck.

Major problem opponents:

Mono-darkness- pests ruin your denial strategy and eat up your limited other quanta. steal kills your feral bonds. wins depend on getting a lot of pests out before they can play any

Boneyard driven fallen druid decks- high on cc and quantum towers. your better off playing your druid early and trying to rush.

immorush- win chance directly related to how many no cost creatures they have available to immolate, few creatures means you can eat through their quanta quickly and lock them down, a lot of no cost quanta producing creatures and your kindof screwed.

Mindgate lobodomizer decks- mindgate your devourers and your pendulums and then lobotomize your pests. early lockdown is crucial for a win.

Upgrading order:
Pendulums=supernovas>pests>fallen druids> everything else.

Original Post
I was trying to come up with a use of fallen druids ability that didnt really on boneyard and creature control. And i figured that mitosing a cheap creature might work. Im not sure if other people have posted similar ideas but after playing around with different setups i came up with this:

Wrath of the Prophet: Famine (speedy version)

6u3 6u3 6u3 6u3 6u3 6u3 6u6 6u6 6u8 6ve 6ve 6ve 6ve 6ve 6ve 7am 7am 7ap 7ap 7ap 7qb 7qb 7qb 7qb 7t6 7t6 7t6 7t6 7t6 7t6 8pn

(Version quantum denial)
6u3 6u3 6u3 6u3 6u3 6u3 6u6 6u6 6u8 6ve 6ve 6ve 6ve 6ve 6ve 74f 74f 7am 7am 7ap 7ap 7ap 7gs 7gs 7t6 7t6 7t6 7t6 7t6 7t6 8pn

basically you play one or two super novas in the first round. play a pest, mitosis it, and spawn more and more pests, mitosising those and totally stall / deny the opponent the chance to play more than 1 or two cards. play your feral bonds for healing. then when you have about 2 spaces on the field left. play your fallen druid and start mutating pests for damage. from that point you are pretty much set. and the Butterfly effect is for killing pesky permanents early game if you need it.

Let me know what you think and whether you can see how to improve it. when the lockdown works its not terrible difficult to EM. Its pretty good against lvl 3 but has been tested and can win versus lvl 4, althought em chance is not as high.

also, the main combo are the  :entropy :life :darkness cards. precogs poesidon cc pc all are up to preference of speed and control

redium

Re: Wrath of the Prophet: Famine (featuring mitosising mutating pests) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=31371.msg397195#msg397195
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2011, 05:39:17 am »
I am going to play-test this deck now and give you some feedback soon.  Who is the ideal opponent for this deck?  lvl3, pvp, etc.?

redium

Re: Wrath of the Prophet: Famine (featuring mitosising mutating pests) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=31371.msg397200#msg397200
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2011, 06:16:02 am »
First, great job, this deck is a lot of fun and can create a lock surprisingly fast.  I went 5/1 on this deck for level 3.  4 times with an EM

6u3 6u3 6u3 6u3 6u3 6u3 6u6 6u6 6u8 6ve 6ve 6ve 6ve 6ve 6ve 7am 7am 7ap 7ap 7ap 7qb 7qb 7t4 7t4 7t6 7t6 7t6 7t6 7t6 7t6 8pn

Would be my recommendation.

I took out two precogs and added two obsidian towers because its is crucial to get out a devourer with mitosis as soon as possible.  The only loss I had was due to not drawing a supernova for a long time.  I found that if you create a substantial quanta lock without the threat of a nova/bolt/cc combo, you can play the druids faster and do more damage faster. 

Once again, the lock was surprisingly fats at times, and was very fun to play with.  Congrats on this deck! +1

Here are two screens.

• darkrobe is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.darkrobe is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
Re: Wrath of the Prophet: Famine (featuring mitosising mutating pests) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=31371.msg397293#msg397293
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2011, 01:24:18 pm »
Haha. Thanks. I try. Im very proud of my creation.  ;D

Pongy

Re: Wrath of the Prophet: Famine (featuring mitosising mutating pests) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=31371.msg397382#msg397382
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2011, 05:32:32 pm »
Its a good deck, I been playing it for a few hours now against silver with a relatively good win rate.

I've switched the 4 precogs out & am currently running with a-
Poseidon- good if u can get it out early, helps alot with lockdown & almost essential vs mass QT's
Spine carapace- plenty of excess life quanta & gets rid of critters that get played before lock.
Eclipse- essential for late/lobo'd druids,
Currently playing with theft, but i think explosion is better for early perms played.
Also tried Black hole earlier, fits nicely in here, but im keeping it at 30 cards

Nice work

sprtstr14

Re: Wrath of the Prophet: Famine (featuring mitosising mutating pests) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=31371.msg397410#msg397410
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2011, 06:36:28 pm »
Sounds like a fun deck, I love mutations and this is different spin on it.

Offline Naesala

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 52
  • Naesala brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Naesala brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Naesala brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Naesala brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Naesala brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Naesala brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Naesala brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Naesala brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Naesala brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Naesala brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake
Re: Wrath of the Prophet: Famine (lvl 3 em deck) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=31371.msg401212#msg401212
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2011, 05:38:03 pm »
looks like a lot of fun
Your favorite Hotyugh

Offline Essence

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 57
  • Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.
  • Voice of the Oracle -- Jezzie's Pimp -- Often Gone
  • Awards: 2nd Trials - Master of Water1st Trials - Master of WaterFG Deck-Designer - The OutcastsShard Madness! Competition WinnerEpic 3 Card Design Competition WinnerElder Recruiter
Re: Wrath of the Prophet: Famine (lvl 3 em deck) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=31371.msg403696#msg403696
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2011, 10:58:46 pm »
Swap out precogs for Rewinds or Lightning Bolts, and you've got a decent Silver farmer there. :)  Nicely done, +Rep for a creative and entertaining deck. :)
If something happens and you think it deserves my attention, feel free to PM me. Other than that, I'm probably here if you want to shoot the breeze.

Re: Wrath of the Prophet: Famine (lvl 3 em deck) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=31371.msg406229#msg406229
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2011, 05:05:22 am »
lol thanks. i think one of the strengths is that this deck can be tailored to a variety of situations without losing the basic fun play.

Swap out precogs for Rewinds or Lightning Bolts, and you've got a decent Silver farmer there. :)  Nicely done, +Rep for a creative and entertaining deck. :)

ps. thanks for the suggestion for tailoring to silver league. I added two RT and 2 lighting and i found it pretty easy to farm silver. already got a rare spin and a number of ems.

Re: Wrath of the Prophet: Famine (lvl 3 em deck) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=31371.msg407596#msg407596
« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2011, 04:22:48 pm »
I wanted to update with picks from the arena farming silver with the changes suggested by essence. When the lockdown works, and when it doesnt, which actually wont kill you if you play it right.

Offline Conchobear

• Reputation Power: 1
  • Conchobear is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • New to Elements
Re: Wrath of the Prophet [mitopest] [em] [ai3] [silver] [fun] https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=31371.msg423313#msg423313
« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2011, 05:36:40 pm »
I really like this deck as it does more than 1 thing while doing the strategy. The only problem is I seem to be a bit starved for Entropy Quanta...

Re: Wrath of the Prophet [mitopest] [em] [ai3] [silver] [fun] https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=31371.msg423319#msg423319
« Reply #11 on: November 10, 2011, 05:47:00 pm »
I really like this deck as it does more than 1 thing while doing the strategy. The only problem is I seem to be a bit starved for Entropy Quanta...
you could try to throw in an extra entropy pendulum instead of something else. Not sure what version of the deck you are using. But in general, yes, it is a quanta tight deck.

blarg: redium