*Author

Offline pikachufan2164Topic starter

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 40
  • pikachufan2164 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.pikachufan2164 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.pikachufan2164 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.pikachufan2164 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.pikachufan2164 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.pikachufan2164 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.pikachufan2164 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.pikachufan2164 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.
  • Phase in, phase out.
  • Awards: Rouser of Willng3 RecruitsWeekly Tournament WinnerWar #5 Winner - Team AetherSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeTeam PvP #4 WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake 	2nd Trivia Winner
[PvP] Bonebolt - Adaptable Aether/Death Stall Deck Series https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=28445.msg363374#msg363374
« on: July 09, 2011, 08:09:19 pm »
Presenting -- the most feared and most flexible deck archetype from Team Aether in War III -- Bonebolt!

Base Build: Bonebolt
Hover over cards for details, click for permalink
Deck import code : [Select]
52o 52o 52o 52o 52o 52o 52q 52q 52r 52r 52r 52r 61q 61q 61q 61q 61q 61q 61v 61v 63a 63a 63a 63a 63a 63a 63a 63a 63a 63a 8pk

Bonebolt at its essence -- heavy creature control combined with slow and steady damage. The synergy between Bone Wall and Lightning is tremendously powerful. A powerful mix of creature damage, spell damage, and poison damage ensures that something will almost always go through.

Credits

Inspired by: Poisonous Lightning (http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,13229.0.html) by Toimu13
Revamped by: pikachufan2164
Reimagined by: Team Aether of War III -- Higurashi, pikachufan2164, willng3, deuce22, EngPhys, EvaRia, UTAlan, YoungSot, (...)

Key Cards

Lightning: Team Aether's MVP. Absolute versatility. Very few creatures are able to survive a 5 HP hit, and it can also be used to finish off an opponent in a pinch.
Dimensional Shield: A powerful full-blocking shield to hold off your opponent's creatures while your damage slowly sets in.
Phase Dragon: Unaffected by most forms of creature control, the Phase Dragon continually hits for a steady 8 damage per turn.
Fractal: A way to use up all that stored Aether quanta to gain an explosive damage ramp when targeting various Death creatures.

Bone Wall: An extremely powerful shield that's impervious to permanent control and counters large creatures. Highly synergistic with Lightning, as destroyed creatures also turn into Bone Wall charges to refuel the stalling.
Poison: Nigh-unstoppable damage that that slowly compounds.
Arsenic: A powerful weapon with a low casting cost and high damage potential in the long run -- perfect for a stall that can slowly wear the opponent down.
Mummy: A mid-range power attacker that's a perfect Fractal target.
Bone Dragon: A big finisher to power past stalls when mass-summoned with Fractal.

Variants

Evolution: Mummytal
52q 52q 52r 52r 52r 52r 52t 52t 52t 52t 61q 61q 61q 61q 61q 61q 622 622 622 622 63a 63a 63a 63a 63a 63a 63a 63a 63a 63a 63a 63a 63a 63a 63a 8pk

Mummies provide some much needed firepower to the otherwise slow death by Arsenic.

Evolution: Stallbreaker
52h 52h 52q 52q 52q 52r 52r 52r 52r 542 542 61q 61q 61q 61q 61q 622 622 63a 63a 63a 63a 63a 63a 63a 63a 63a 63a 63a 63a 8pk

The answer to all those annoying Sanctuary stalls running around in War -- Fractal Bone Dragon.

Evolution: Arsendial
4vj 4vj 4vj 4vj 4vj 52q 52q 52q 52r 52r 5rp 5rp 5rp 5rp 5rp 61o 61o 61o 61o 61q 61q 61q 61q 61q 61q 61t 61t 61t 63a 63a 63a 8pk

Yes, we managed to add even MORE stall power to this deck. Unfortunately, it has to sacrifice a whole lot of attack potential for the superior defensive ability.
I'm doing science, and I'm still alive.

Level 2 Magic Judge.

Selvaria

Re: [PvP] Bonebolt - Adaptable Aether/Death Stall Deck Series https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=28445.msg363454#msg363454
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2011, 11:33:48 pm »
Evolution: Stallbreaker
52h 52h 52q 52q 52q 52r 52r 52r 52r 542 542 61q 61q 61q 61q 61q 622 622 63a 63a 63a 63a 63a 63a 63a 63a 63a 63a 63a 63a 8pk

This version looks well constructed and really promising to me in PvP, it didn't rely too much on poison which might be negated by purify and the bone dragon fractal might just give the needed power finisher. Very very neat and love the death/aether combo, mono aether opponents (common in pvp1) can give trouble though if its creature heavy.

Very flexible indeed I like it.

Offline EvaRia

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 45
  • EvaRia is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.EvaRia is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.EvaRia is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.EvaRia is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.EvaRia is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.EvaRia is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.EvaRia is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.EvaRia is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.EvaRia is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.
  • I~am~Eva, ~Chillwind~ I~am~Ria, ~Searwind~
  • Awards: War #5 Winner - Team Aether
Re: [PvP] Bonebolt - Adaptable Aether/Death Stall Deck Series https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=28445.msg363554#msg363554
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2011, 03:22:20 am »
Arsendial:

4vj 4vj 4vj 4vj 4vj 52q 52q 52q 52r 52r 5rp 5rp 5rp 5rp 5rp 61o 61o 61o 61o 61q 61q 61q 61q 61q 61q 61t 61t 61t 63a 63a 63a 8pk

There's also a Twinsenics build but we never needed to really put that one together.

• Legendary Member
  • pikachufan2164 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.pikachufan2164 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.pikachufan2164 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.pikachufan2164 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.pikachufan2164 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.pikachufan2164 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.pikachufan2164 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.pikachufan2164 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.
  • Phase in, phase out.
  • Awards: Rouser of Willng3 RecruitsWeekly Tournament WinnerWar #5 Winner - Team AetherSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeTeam PvP #4 WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake 	2nd Trivia Winner
Re: [PvP] Bonebolt - Adaptable Aether/Death Stall Deck Series https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=28445.msg363567#msg363567
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2011, 03:38:19 am »
This version looks well constructed and really promising to me in PvP, it didn't rely too much on poison which might be negated by purify and the bone dragon fractal might just give the needed power finisher. Very very neat and love the death/aether combo, mono aether opponents (common in pvp1) can give trouble though if its creature heavy.

Very flexible indeed I like it.
Our versions are more War-tested than PvP-tested, so we usually don't expect to see opposing Phase Shields :))

However, the deck is completely customizable in terms of what you want to support the basic deck skeleton (2-3 Arsenic + 3-4 Bone Wall + 6 Lightnings) with. Lots of Dim Shields? Poison is your best friend. Stalls dominating the metagame? Fractal and Bone Dragons burst through. Fractal and Adrenaline running amuck? Take some Dim Shields of your own. Quanta base can be further balanced in each variant.

Thanks for the feedback :)

Arsendial
-snip-
There's also a Twinsenics build but we never needed to really put that one together.
Arsendial is a quartet, and Will told me that adding non-duo decks to this collection will get this moved to Deck Help instead :P

Added Arsendial to the OP. Twinsenics was nice, but we never really ran into situations where it would be prudent for either Higs or me to run it :(

Level 2 Magic Judge.

Selvaria

Re: [PvP] Bonebolt - Adaptable Aether/Death Stall Deck Series https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=28445.msg363575#msg363575
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2011, 04:07:29 am »
Our versions are more War-tested than PvP-tested, so we usually don't expect to see opposing Phase Shields :))
I want to point out that it is still powerful even with opposing 6 phase shields though I just want to add. The opponent might not expect the bone dragon fractal hence stop chaining the shield when they still have considerable amount of hp left.

However, the deck is completely customizable in terms of what you want to support the basic deck skeleton (2-3 Arsenic + 3-4 Bone Wall + 6 Lightnings) with. Lots of Dim Shields? Poison is your best friend. Stalls dominating the metagame? Fractal and Bone Dragons burst through. Fractal and Adrenaline running amuck? Take some Dim Shields of your own. Quanta base can be further balanced in each variant.
Yep this is why I like its flexibility. Adding few phase/dim shields will seriously increase the staying power of this deck. Opponent is CC and PC heavy? No worries. By the time the bone dragons are out, its win.  Opposing deflag or steal on bone shields or pends, the best thing they can get is arsenic.  Lightning will kill small critters hordes while big critters cant go through the bonewall. The Stallbreaker is great IMHO. Best of all, its not another rainbow!

Not sure what War is but I can see its a working PvP deck.

Offline willng3

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 77
  • willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Your tears are delicious
  • Awards: 10th Trials - Master of LifeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeWar Correspondent Competition - WinnnerWeekly Tournament Winner6th Trials - Master of LifeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake5th Trials - Master of Life4th Trials - Master of LifeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday CakeShort Story: Rare Mythology Competition Winner
Re: [PvP] Bonebolt - Adaptable Aether/Death Stall Deck Series https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=28445.msg363578#msg363578
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2011, 04:14:48 am »
Arsendial
-snip-
Arsendial is a quartet, and Will told me that adding non-duo decks to this collection will get this moved to Deck Help instead :P
Uh that's not entirely true.  I told you that if you wanted to add Arsendial to the list that you have to make it more obvious what the base build was for the deck.  I also told you that you didn't need to remove Arsendial if the base build of Bonebolt was put off all by itself to make it obvious what the "original" build was and what the variations were...which you've done now.  Variations are fine; posting two separate decks which can be categorized differently is not.  If you want to add Arsendial now, knock yourself out.

Back on topic:  I love this deck and its variations, and I usually find it hard to love any deck that isn't a rush.  I even put another variant of this deck in the Arena for a few days when I spun Thunderbolt from the Oracle and had it get a pretty nice winrate before the stupid hacker came and screwed everything up.  It's generally a nice rush counter, granted Graboids can really mess things up from time to time.
"If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals"

Forum reigned by my mixtape

Offline Mithcairion

• Reputation Power: 12
  • Mithcairion is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.Mithcairion is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • Nerf the Shards, Buff the Cards!
Re: [PvP] Bonebolt - Adaptable Aether/Death Stall Deck Series https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=28445.msg363580#msg363580
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2011, 04:22:08 am »
Back on topic:  I love this deck and its variations, and I usually find it hard to love any deck that isn't a rush.  I even put another variant of this deck in the Arena for a few days when I spun Thunderbolt from the Oracle and had it get a pretty nice winrate before the stupid hacker came and screwed everything up.  It's generally a nice rush counter, granted Graboids can really mess things up from time to time.
Don't they always?

On topic, thank you for posting these decks.  Not that it wasn't obvious how much work/love you all put into this War, but I've been aching to see some of the different permutations of this deck.  Beautiful decks, one and all.
"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits." - Albert Einstein
“Those who dwell among the beauties and mysteries of the earth are never alone or weary of life.” - Rachel Carson

• Legendary Member
  • Phase in, phase out.
Re: [PvP] Bonebolt - Adaptable Aether/Death Stall Deck Series https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=28445.msg363582#msg363582
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2011, 04:30:42 am »
Uh that's not entirely true.  I told you that if you wanted to add Arsendial to the list that you have to make it more obvious what the base build was for the deck.  I also told you that you didn't need to remove Arsendial if the base build of Bonebolt was put off all by itself to make it obvious what the "original" build was and what the variations were...which you've done now.  Variations are fine; posting two separate decks which can be categorized differently is not.  If you want to add Arsendial now, knock yourself out.

Silly me :))

Yep. There's so many different ways to set up Bonebolt; its versatility is probably its greatest strength (next to Lightning, of course).

On topic, thank you for posting these decks.  Not that it wasn't obvious how much work/love you all put into this War, but I've been aching to see some of the different permutations of this deck.  Beautiful decks, one and all.
No problem, Mith :)

The rest of our Bonebolts are scattered in the Battle Results threads; we almost never use the same variation more than once because we keep tweaking our existing ones for different circumstances :)

You can see them all, along with our ever-changing Novagrabbies, once the secret sections open :>

Level 2 Magic Judge.

Offline Onizuka

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Onizuka hides under a Cloak.
  • Donuts!
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday Cake1st Person to Escape the TempleSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeChampionship League 2/2012 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeWinner of the Harry Potter PvP House Cup - HoH5th Trials - Master of EntropyWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: [PvP] Bonebolt - Adaptable Aether/Death Stall Deck Series https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=28445.msg376257#msg376257
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2011, 08:41:50 am »
I dislike this deck.
Mainly because its good.
You're just as selfish as I am. You're just not as good at it yet.

Offline Toimu13

• Reputation Power: 8
  • Toimu13 is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • Thread Necromancer
Re: [PvP] Bonebolt - Adaptable Aether/Death Stall Deck Series https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=28445.msg1037485#msg1037485
« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2013, 04:36:36 am »
I dislike this deck.
Mainly because its good.

Best reply yet!  I'm working on a way to use SoW in this deck.

Offline Chapuz

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 72
  • Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.
  • The weird Voodoo guy
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeDeckbuilding Competition - Tower Defense WinnerSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeBrawl #1 Winner - Team Nyan Sharks
Re: [PvP] Bonebolt - Adaptable Aether/Death Stall Deck Series https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=28445.msg1037635#msg1037635
« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2013, 08:17:21 pm »
I am pretty sure I have seen  :air and  :fire bonebolts too, even in this war. Wanna add them?

Edit: Heh just saw the date of this thread
« Last Edit: February 01, 2013, 08:19:21 pm by Chapuz »
My Decks, Tutorial and Guides <~~~~~ Click Here ! ! !

Offline Marsu

• Reputation Power: 18
  • Marsu is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Marsu is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Marsu is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • Green.
  • Awards: Winner of Booster Draft #2 - PvP EventBattle League 2/2013 Third Place7th Trials - Master of LifeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeBattle League 1/2013 WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: [PvP] Bonebolt - Adaptable Aether/Death Stall Deck Series https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=28445.msg1037636#msg1037636
« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2013, 08:22:57 pm »
A bit sad this exists already. This is the deck I had built since quite some time:

52g 52g 52g 52g 52g 52g 52g 52g 52g 52g 52o 52o 52o 52o 52o 52o 52q 52q 52r 52r 52r 52t 52t 52t 61q 61q 61q 61q 61q 61q 8pu

blarg: pikachufan2164,Toimu13,Higurashi,willng3,deuce22,EngPhys,EvaRia,UTAlan,YoungSot,Selvaria