*Author

Offline EmeraldTigerTopic starter

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 61
  • EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!
  • :life :aether
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Lands Series https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=26987.msg343015#msg343015
« on: May 30, 2011, 03:58:46 am »
NAME:
Electric Field
ELEMENT:
Aether
COST:
5 :aether
TYPE:
Permanents
ATK|HP:
TEXT:
Pillars generate :aether in addition to what the generate currently.
NAME:
Charged Ground
ELEMENT:
Aether
COST:
4 :aether
TYPE:
Permanent
ATK|HP:
TEXT:
Towers generate :aether in addition to what the generate currently.
ART:
EmeraldTiger
IDEA:
EmeraldTiger
NOTES:
SERIES:
Lands Series
If Nowhere is Somewhere, and Somewhere is Over there, How can we be Anywhere?
:life :aether

Offline XYTWO

• Reputation Power: 7
  • XYTWO is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • New to Elements
  • Awards: Existing Card Rework #2 Winner
Re: Aether Essence | Charged Ground https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=26987.msg343020#msg343020
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2011, 04:18:17 am »
So this would be a series? Would each do the same thing for a different element, or would they have different effects? If it's just the added quanta that changes, then you should probably have one thread that has all the cards. Just saying.

• Legendary Member
  • EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: Lands Series https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=26987.msg343033#msg343033
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2011, 04:46:08 am »
I will fix typos later.
I can't submit a series thread to crucible, right?

Offline XYTWO

• Reputation Power: 7
  • XYTWO is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • New to Elements
  • Awards: Existing Card Rework #2 Winner
Re: Lands Series https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=26987.msg343035#msg343035
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2011, 05:00:04 am »
You can, kind of. For examples, take TM's Temple of [Element] series. It was a series of cards almost exactly the same, so it was used as one card and it was placed into an element. TM chose Water for the temples, but from what I'm seeing here, you would likely use Aether.
EDIT: See here for TM's Temples: http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,16622.0.html

Offline OldTrees

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 114
  • OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • I was available for questions.
  • Awards: Brawl #2 Winner - Team FireTeam Card Design Winner
Re: Lands Series https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=26987.msg343041#msg343041
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2011, 05:19:20 am »
I see no reason for the unupped to have no effect.
I think the upgraded may be too cheap
@2 Towers (under the norm) This costs 2 :aether more than 1 Tower but gives 2 :aether per turn. It equalizes on the second turn and accelerates from there. I believe it should equalize but take longer than 2 turns and 2 Towers to do so.
"It is common sense to listen to the wisdom of the wise. The wise are marked by their readiness to listen to the wisdom of the fool."
"Nothing exists that cannot be countered." -OldTrees on indirect counters
Ask the Idea Guru: http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,32272.0.htm

• Legendary Member
Re: Lands Series https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=26987.msg343170#msg343170
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2011, 01:39:41 pm »
@2 Towers (under the norm) This costs 2 :aether more than 1 Tower but gives 2 :aether per turn. It equalizes on the second turn and accelerates from there. I believe it should equalize but take longer than 2 turns and 2 Towers to do so.
I was thinking this was a strong ability, in order to add some balance do like shards.
What else should the unupped do?
I was told this should be per stack not per Pillar/Tower.
Any other suggestions?

Offline moomoose

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 37
  • moomoose is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.moomoose is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.moomoose is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.moomoose is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.moomoose is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.moomoose is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.moomoose is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.
  • I'm big in Japan.
  • Awards: Winner of the Mark Redesign competition!
Re: Lands Series https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=26987.msg343175#msg343175
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2011, 01:46:43 pm »
"I was told this should be per stack not per Pillar/Tower."
i had a similar premise with the origin of primal quantum, but then it basically overlaps with harmonic pillar in level 3. 

and per pillar is probably too powerful for this card, i agree.
moose dont say moo.

Offline Rutarete

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 72
  • Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.
  • Creativity should be nurtured.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeRuby Shard of DeckbuildingSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: Lands Series https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=26987.msg343263#msg343263
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2011, 04:07:15 pm »
I don't think the unupped should do anything because the upped effect is so powerful.
It is the greatest mystery of all...
Rutarete: Roo tah reh teh
[22:50] <Jyi> meaning gets lost in translation... even in the same language.
My Decks

Offline OldTrees

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 114
  • OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • I was available for questions.
  • Awards: Brawl #2 Winner - Team FireTeam Card Design Winner
Re: Lands Series https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=26987.msg343270#msg343270
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2011, 04:16:58 pm »
I was thinking this was a strong ability, in order to add some balance do like shards.
What else should the unupped do?
I was told this should be per stack not per Pillar/Tower.
Any other suggestions?
Per stack is Harmonic Pillar. You can always increase the cost to balance the per pillar effect.
Shards do not add balance. They add rarity (by making it upped only).
Balanced the upped vs Towers and then balanced the unupped vs pillars.
"It is common sense to listen to the wisdom of the wise. The wise are marked by their readiness to listen to the wisdom of the fool."
"Nothing exists that cannot be countered." -OldTrees on indirect counters
Ask the Idea Guru: http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,32272.0.htm

Flayne

Re: Lands Series https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=26987.msg343278#msg343278
« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2011, 04:22:04 pm »
I think ET wants these to be rare cards, thats why he wanted them to be similar to the shards.
though I think we should let the shards have their own identity and let these just simply be unnupped costy and then upped less costy.

• Legendary Member
Re: Lands Series https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=26987.msg343330#msg343330
« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2011, 06:00:18 pm »
Is the casting cost OK?
Do you need to see the rest of the series?

Offline ZephyrPhantom

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 101
  • ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeFlavour Text Revival Competition - WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: Lands Series https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=26987.msg343332#msg343332
« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2011, 06:02:11 pm »
I think ET wants these to be rare cards, thats why he wanted them to be similar to the shards.
He said he wanted the upgrade part to be like the Shards. As for rarity, I'm a little doubtful about that.
though I think we should let the shards have their own identity and let these just simply be unnupped costy and then upped less costy.
If you got a shard from the game, it comes automatically upgraded - same goes for the Foil Chimera. I would assume that the unupgraded shard is similar to relic - it makes them harder to get.
Is the casting cost OK?
Do you need to see the rest of the series?
Hmmm. The casting cost is not what needs to be balanced - it's the generation of quantum that does. I'll try to think of a good ability, but it should try not to overlap with Harmonic Pillar.

anything
blarg: