*Author

TobiMcNamobi

Cloaked dragon rush (against FGs) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=22364.msg283982#msg283982
« on: March 05, 2011, 07:19:22 pm »
/edit The post below was made back then, when the AI didn't bother to target Cloak.

Hover over cards for details, click for permalink
Deck import code : [Select]
5op 5v2 5v2 5v2 5v2 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6u3 6u3 6u3 6u3 6u3 6u3 711 77f 77f 7ad 7di 7gt 7q5 7q5 7q5 80d 80d 80d 8pj

The best thing about Cloak is that the AI never targets it.

General strategy:
Play Hourglass and Pulverizer ASAP, maybe play an early Cloak if your (AI-) opponent has much permanent control. When there are around 17 cards left in your deck, start playing the true combo of this deck: Cloak + Phase Shield. Now play your dragons and chain your Cloaks and shields.

The above decks performs fine, I think, although I cannot give you any statistics.

Pros:
+ Very fast
+ Interesting and fun to play
+ Not too expensive because the shields or dragons for example do not need to be upgraded.
+ There are some nice variations possible (see below)

Contras:
- Prone to mass control (Thunder Storm, Plague, etc.)
- Prone to speed poison
- You will never reach EM (Miracle is just for survivability)

Variations:
- You CAN get EM by adding Miracle + Heal or Chimera + Liquid Shadow
- If you know you fight a FG with neither permanent nor creature control, you may remove the Cloaks (4 cards!) and add dragons, Sky Blitzs, Heals, etc.
- If you do not have the Ivory dragon, I'd suggest the Amethyst dragon

/edit: New version, thanks Rasta
« Last Edit: June 14, 2012, 08:50:18 pm by willng3 »

Offline xdude

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 39
  • xdude is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.xdude is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.xdude is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.xdude is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.xdude is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.xdude is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.xdude is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.
  • Rage potting a light dragon only makes it stronger
  • Awards: 5th Trials - Master of Light2nd Trials - Master of Light1st Trials - Master of Light1st Place SS Competition #2
Re: Cloaked dragon rush (against FGs) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=22364.msg284085#msg284085
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2011, 08:45:32 pm »
Using almost the exact same deck (+1HG, -1 Miracle, +1 Snova, -1 QT, +1 Ivory, -1 Amethyst, fully upped) I just defeated, in a row: Paradox, Lionheart and Ferox. I know 3 games is not much, but this deck has the strengths of mono-Aether and half it's weaknesses. I LOVE it.
Personal text by Cheesy
When I first started elements I was a noob. Now I'm a noob in only 11 parts of it. The unimportant ones.
Saying Elements cards are just pixels is like saying Dollars are just paper.

Offline TheCrazyMango

• Reputation Power: 21
  • TheCrazyMango is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.TheCrazyMango is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.TheCrazyMango is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.TheCrazyMango is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.
  • Some call me 9270984, some call me numbers.
  • Awards: Winner of the 1st MetamorphosisSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: Cloaked dragon rush (against FGs) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=22364.msg284098#msg284098
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2011, 09:08:09 pm »
I would use precogs over hourglasses.
ok so far my changes are upped everything but the crimson dragon.
-1 purple dragon +1 SN, -2 hourglasses, +2 precogs +1 silurian dragon
[17:26:47] Iman00b8: Firestalls are like Jews... most people make fun of them and say this dislike 'em, but in the end they use them to make them money.

Offline Newbiecake

• Reputation Power: 15
  • Newbiecake is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Newbiecake is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Newbiecake is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • Pursuing.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerFG Deck-Designer - Adaptation
Re: Cloaked dragon rush (against FGs) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=22364.msg284117#msg284117
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2011, 09:33:47 pm »
Code: [Select]
6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6tv 6u3 6u3 6u3 6u3 6u3 6u3 77f 77f 7ad 7di 7gt 7n9 7q5 7q5 7q9 7ti 7ti 7ti 7ti 80d 80d 80d
This variation seems the most balanced. That Sundial acts as a one turn Hourglass and Phase Shield. 3 Hourglasses overloads this deck's  :time usage. Good job on the deck, although after a few weeks Zanz will probably fix Cloak... :(
Tasted the world, seen more than enough.

Offline jmdt

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 33
  • jmdt is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.jmdt is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.jmdt is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.jmdt is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.jmdt is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.jmdt is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.
  • New to Elements
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday Cake
Re: Cloaked dragon rush (against FGs) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=22364.msg284163#msg284163
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2011, 10:21:48 pm »
This deck works

Offline Newbiecake

• Reputation Power: 15
  • Newbiecake is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Newbiecake is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Newbiecake is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • Pursuing.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerFG Deck-Designer - Adaptation
Re: Cloaked dragon rush (against FGs) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=22364.msg284175#msg284175
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2011, 10:35:31 pm »
Possible TSN variant:
6u3 6u3 6u3 6u3 6u3 6u3 711 77f 77f 7ad 7di 7gt 7n9 7q0 7q0 7q0 7q0 7q0 7q5 7q5 7q5 7q5 7q5 7ti 7ti 7ti 7ti 80d 80d 80dA friend of mine was messing around with a OTK dragon deck, and it looked similar to the above, but lacked the Cloaks, used Chimera, and had Basalt instead of Ivory.  still kind of testing this idea, but he said it worked well since it went draw-crazy you got everything you needed.
This is very risky. If you don't get Supernovas fast enough to chain Cloaks and Phase Shields, you're dead. Those Time Towers and Hourglasses just make things complicated IMO.
Tasted the world, seen more than enough.

Lecusto

Re: Cloaked dragon rush (against FGs) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=22364.msg284590#msg284590
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2011, 10:35:34 am »
Funny way to kill them. Very risky but quick too. Thank you for the idea  8).

Tea is good

Re: Cloaked dragon rush (against FGs) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=22364.msg284798#msg284798
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2011, 06:05:36 pm »
seen it in t50, beats golem rush if you don't have like 4 explosions (i only had 3)

Offline ddevans96

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 113
  • ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • now palafrost
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSilver Donor9th Trials - Master of WaterSlice of Elements 6th Birthday Cake8th Trials - Master of WaterSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeWinner of the Harry Potter PvP House CupSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: Cloaked dragon rush (against FGs) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=22364.msg284855#msg284855
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2011, 07:42:53 pm »
Right now I'm testing a 35-card variant in trainer. I love this deck, it's so much fun to play, and very effective.

6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6u3 6u3 6u3 6u3 6u3 6u3 711 74g 77f 77f 7ad 7di 7gt 7k2 7n9 7q5 7q5 7q5 7q5 7ti 7ti 7ti 7ti 7ti 80d 80d 80d
No that's not a typo - this variant is time mark. You pay for everything else with quantum towers, you can pay for supernovas. They're just a quick boost of quantum.

I found chimera to be a nice addition if you don't draw a pulvy or have a lot of things to destroy. It still leaves plenty of quanta for Shattering as well.

The 5th cloak is pretty much a wild card. I tried fog shield (for early protection), antimatter (for more survivability) and silence (for countering miracle) as well.

discord / twitter: palafrost - 2x master of water - false god enthusiast
twitch: palafrost - speedrunner, ex-celeste, currently hades
avatar: makoto [persona 5] by asukabaka

Offline xdude

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 39
  • xdude is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.xdude is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.xdude is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.xdude is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.xdude is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.xdude is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.xdude is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.
  • Rage potting a light dragon only makes it stronger
  • Awards: 5th Trials - Master of Light2nd Trials - Master of Light1st Trials - Master of Light1st Place SS Competition #2
Re: Cloaked dragon rush (against FGs) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=22364.msg284940#msg284940
« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2011, 09:09:34 pm »
Okay wow. After some thorough testing, I have a rin rate of 27%, ad that's with doing everything right. It's just too hard to "rush" the gods with dragons. It usually takes at least 10 turns to get them out. Even Shakkar's is better than this.
The results with my variant are over 40%.

EDIT:Now using a Timebow version, similar to DD.
Personal text by Cheesy
When I first started elements I was a noob. Now I'm a noob in only 11 parts of it. The unimportant ones.
Saying Elements cards are just pixels is like saying Dollars are just paper.

tttt

Re: Cloaked dragon rush (against FGs) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=22364.msg284982#msg284982
« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2011, 10:03:40 pm »
Right now I'm testing a 35-card variant in trainer. I love this deck, it's so much fun to play, and very effective.
I've copied your deck and made some slight changes for my preference, and it's working great. Cloak+shield and a couple of dragons to keep the damage going, and in the end Blitz for a finisher. As with all SN timebows I was worried about  :entropy , so I removed all non-essentials and added a couple of extra towers just in case.

BPAV

Re: Cloaked dragon rush (against FGs) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=22364.msg284988#msg284988
« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2011, 10:08:49 pm »
i am using the deck 2

the 35 cards

great deck

anything
blarg: