*Author

Offline HyroenTopic starter

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 52
  • Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.
  • like. follow. tweet.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeWar #10 Winner - Team AirSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSilver DonorSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSkill of the Elemental : Mark of ProtectionWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Monkey | Monkey https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=21667.msg277391#msg277391
« on: February 24, 2011, 01:24:09 am »
NAME:
Monkey
ELEMENT:
Life
COST:
3 :life
TYPE:
Creature
ATK|HP:
2|2
TEXT:
:time :time : Mimic
Monkey uses previously activated creature or permanent skill.
NAME:
Monkey
ELEMENT:
Life
COST:
2 :life
TYPE:
Creature
ATK|HP:
2|2
TEXT:
:time :time : Mimic
Monkey uses previously activated creature or permanent skill.
ART:
Thalas
IDEA:
Hyroen
NOTES:
"Uses previously activated creature or permanent skill" refers to using the skill that was used immediately previous to Mimic, during that same turn. The skill does not become Monkey's and is immediately used.

Mimic may copy activated skills of permanents.

Mimic may not copy skills that were activated under Cloak. If it tries to, Mimic does nothing.

When Mimic copies Evolve, it turns into a Crusader. Whether the Crusader is upgraded or not depends on whether the Evolve was copied from a Graboid or an Elite Graboid.

When Mimic copies Steam, the attack of that Monkey and any copies of specifically that Monkey, gradually loses the attack boost related only to the Steam skill Monkey used until it wears off.

When Mimic copies Hatch, the creature being upgraded or not depends on the Fate Egg from which it copied Hatch.

When Mimic copies Deja Vu, upon activating, both Monkeys lose their skill.

When Mimic copies a creature using Mitosis, a copy of Monkey appears.

Mimic, when copying a previous use of Mimic, copies the skill that the initial Mimic copied.
Examples:

• Forest Spirit uses Growth. Monkey uses Growth.

• Green Nymph uses Adrenaline on itself. Monkey uses Adrenaline on Horned Frog. Forest Spirit uses Growth.

• * Fate Egg uses Hatch. Monkey 1 uses Hatch. Monkey 2 uses Hatch.

• (flying) Eagle's Eye uses Snipe. Monkey uses Snipe.

• Enemy Wyrm uses Dive. Enemy ends turn. Your Monkey uses Dive.

• Enemy plays Cloak. Enemy Devourer uses Burrow. Enemy ends turn. Your Monkey uses Mimic.

• * Enemy plays Cloak. Enemy Devourer uses Burrow. Enemy ends turn. Your Monkey 1 uses Mimic. Your Golden Nymph uses Precognition. Your Monkey 2 uses Precognition.

• Enemy uses Electrum Hourglass. Enemy ends turn. You activate Monkey's skill. You draw a card.
Monkey see, monkey do.

SERIES:
« Last Edit: December 03, 2012, 02:49:53 am by Hyroen »
WAR X - TEAM :air AIR

[EtG Council]   |   [Card Ideas & Art]   |   [Guilds]

Offline Newbiecake

• Reputation Power: 15
  • Newbiecake is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Newbiecake is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Newbiecake is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • Pursuing.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerFG Deck-Designer - Adaptation
Re: Monkey | Monkey https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=21667.msg277393#msg277393
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2011, 01:28:07 am »
Haha, very interesting card! I like it. :P

You said Monkey can use Hatch by copying the previous creature that used hatch. Whatever creature Monkey turns into, will it retain the Mimic skill?

One thing: Monkey should not be allowed to Mimic weapons in the weapon slots. Only animated weapons and creatures should be allowed to be Mimiked. This is to prevent crazy combos with Destroy/ Mimic, Sniper/ Mimic, etc.

Mimic doesn't fit any elements. To me it doesn't, anyways. Maybe the cost of Mimic can be 3-4  :rainbow?
Tasted the world, seen more than enough.

Re: Monkey | Monkey https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=21667.msg277397#msg277397
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2011, 01:37:46 am »
This is way, too cute hahahahaha X3
Card may need a +1 in price, Mimic seems powerful :)
But, for me, I like it the way it is hahaha

Offline Nepycros

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 32
  • Nepycros is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Nepycros is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Nepycros is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Nepycros is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Nepycros is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Nepycros is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.
  • My creativity was OP, so I had to nerf it.
Re: Monkey | Monkey https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=21667.msg277399#msg277399
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2011, 01:41:41 am »
Unorthodox synergy, to say the least.

Now then. You've got most of the costing correct, but I would raise the cost of Mimic by 1. I'm just using guesswork, but omni-ability seems a little more important than a single :time.
Perception is the source of misunderstanding.

Why, yes. I do have a Mindgate necklace. It's how I ninja everyone.

• Legendary Member
  • Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.
  • like. follow. tweet.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeWar #10 Winner - Team AirSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSilver DonorSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSkill of the Elemental : Mark of ProtectionWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: Monkey | Monkey https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=21667.msg277400#msg277400
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2011, 01:46:06 am »
@Noobiecakes: A monkey that hatches, does so just like any Fate Egg, into a creature. Whether it's an upgraded or unupgraded creature depends on the Fate Egg.

Also, it can't target weapons or shields for that matter as it can't copy the activated skill of a permanent. If the weapon becomes a creature, then that's a completely different story. Get ready for Destroying / Sniping Monkey Madness!! 

@funerallaughter: Thanks.
Yeah, Mimic is tough, but  any creature controlled pulled out, and goodbye Monkey. :c

@Nepycros: idk... it is a little fragile, which is a theme of :life Life. Most skills cost 1-2 quanta and both :life Life and :time Time creatures don't exactly have very powerful skills that can be activated. Most "strong" decks would need quanta draining Trios or Quartets, where little guys like this one simply have a hard time fitting.

Oh and btw, don't forget Shard of Readiness. Good synergy!! ^_^

Offline Nepycros

• Legendary Member
  • Nepycros is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Nepycros is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Nepycros is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Nepycros is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Nepycros is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Nepycros is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.
Re: Monkey | Monkey https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=21667.msg277404#msg277404
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2011, 01:49:20 am »
Still doesn't change the fact that it can mimic the Deja Vu ability. I wonder, if I play Deja Vu on this Monkey, will the other Monkey be able to play it immediately as well? That would be interesting. I could use the ability 20 times in a single turn, and get ultimate creatures spam just using 2 :life (mark) and 23 :time, unless I'm mistaken.

• Legendary Member
  • like. follow. tweet.
Re: Monkey | Monkey https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=21667.msg277406#msg277406
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2011, 01:51:08 am »
Still doesn't change the fact that it can mimic the Deja Vu ability. I wonder, if I play Deja Vu on this Monkey, will the other Monkey be able to play it immediately as well? That would be interesting. I could use the ability 20 times in a single turn, and get ultimate creatures spam just using 2 :life (mark) and 23 :time, unless I'm mistaken.
When Deja Vu is activated the two creatures lose their skill. Same with Monkeys. ^_^

Offline Nepycros

• Legendary Member
Re: Monkey | Monkey https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=21667.msg277409#msg277409
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2011, 01:56:30 am »
When Deja Vu is activated the two creatures lose their skill. Same with Monkeys. ^_^
Does not apply to mutants. :P

• Legendary Member
  • like. follow. tweet.
Re: Monkey | Monkey https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=21667.msg277410#msg277410
« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2011, 01:58:02 am »
Haha, Monkey mutants are another story...

Offline Nepycros

• Legendary Member
Re: Monkey | Monkey https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=21667.msg277411#msg277411
« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2011, 02:00:09 am »
Haha, Monkey mutants are another story...
MONKEY MUTANTS??? Aw, heckz no!!!

Aside from that, this thing can use every ability except for Deja Vu multiple times, if you happen to have the same creature out. Remember, multiple Monkeys mean multiple Mimics, so that's just a little scary, tbh. ^_^;

Offline Camoninja

• Reputation Power: 7
  • Camoninja is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • failed quitter
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: Monkey | Monkey https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=21667.msg277414#msg277414
« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2011, 02:05:45 am »
What about cloak? Monkeys can't see behind the cloak, can they? Would cloak act as a temporary lobotomizer if there are no creatures on your side to mimic?

Re: Monkey | Monkey https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=21667.msg277416#msg277416
« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2011, 02:08:03 am »
monkey see, monkey do

blarg: