*Author

Offline ddevans96Topic starter

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 113
  • ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • now palafrost
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSilver Donor9th Trials - Master of WaterSlice of Elements 6th Birthday Cake8th Trials - Master of WaterSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeWinner of the Harry Potter PvP House CupSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Flowing Reflection {Upped | Quartet | Bronze | Domin} https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=21448.msg274309#msg274309
« on: February 20, 2011, 01:49:07 am »
A long time ago I had a spark of inspiration. I realized water had many synergies and came up with the idea of fueling these combos with supernovas. Unfortunately this deck had major quanta imbalance and thus it fell to the wayside.

A few days ago I returned to this deck. With the introduction of pendulums the quanta flow was much improved and I could use tears more reliably. I tweaked the skeleton of this original deck and added pendulums to it.

I was surprised by how versatile this deck could be. Whether it becomes more of rush or more of a control depends on your opening hand, and even then you usually have choices depending on the opponent's deck.

So without further ado, I present the deck.

Version 2.0:
Hover over cards for details, click for permalink
Deck import code : [Select]
5ie 5ie 6tt 6u3 6u3 6u3 6u3 6u3 6u3 6ve 6ve 6ve 6ve 6ve 6ve 6ve 6ve 7ah 7ah 7gl 7gl 7gl 7gr 7gr 7gs 7gv 7h0 7h0 7t9 7t9 8pp

The primary use for every card in here:

• 2x Toadfish - Damage and poisons creatures.
  • 1x Maxwell's Demon - Defense against high attack.
  • 6x Supernova - Quanta for all the abilities, Spectres, Steals, and extra water.
  • 8x Entropy Pendulums - Quanta for supernovas and water cards.
  • 2x Forest Spectres - Straight damage that grows if left untouched.
  • 3x Physalia - Poison damage, to guard against high CC
  • 1x Poseidon - Quanta deniall
  • 1x Ulitharid - Ability removal, used with nymphs to nullify a grown creature.
  • 2x Nymph's Tears - Creates nymphs for healing and damage removal.
  • 2x Steal - Takes control of permanents.

This has more pendulums than a standard PSN-based deck because of the abundance of water cards and inclusion of Tears. It gets a surprising amount of damage and tons of control to back it up.

[Q&A will go here]

Spoiler for Hidden:
Version 1.1:
5ie 5ie 6u1 6u1 6u3 6u3 6u3 6u3 6u3 6u3 6ve 6ve 6ve 6ve 6ve 6ve 6ve 6ve 7ah 7ah 7gl 7gl 7gl 7gs 7gs 7gv 7gv 7h0 7h0 7h0 8pp

Version 1.0:
6u3 6u3 6u3 6u3 6u3 6u3 6ve 6ve 6ve 6ve 6ve 6ve 6ve 6ve 7ah 7ah 7gl 7gl 7gl 7gl 7gs 7gs 7gv 7gv 7gv 7h0 7h0 7h0 7h2 7h2 8pp

« Last Edit: September 02, 2012, 12:23:55 am by ddevans96 »
discord / twitter: palafrost - 2x master of water - false god enthusiast
twitch: palafrost - speedrunner, ex-celeste, currently hades
avatar: makoto [persona 5] by asukabaka

Offline willng3

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 77
  • willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Your tears are delicious
  • Awards: 10th Trials - Master of LifeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeWar Correspondent Competition - WinnnerWeekly Tournament Winner6th Trials - Master of LifeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake5th Trials - Master of Life4th Trials - Master of LifeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday CakeShort Story: Rare Mythology Competition Winner
Re: Flowing Reflection - PSN Trio https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=21448.msg274330#msg274330
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2011, 03:04:55 am »
Beautiful synergy you've got going here.  The only possible suggestion I could make is maybe add another Trident to increase the EQ denial, but that's totally up to personal preference.  Great deck overall, nice to see a trio coming from Supernova usage.
"If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals"

Forum reigned by my mixtape

Re: Flowing Reflection - PSN Trio https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=21448.msg274350#msg274350
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2011, 03:46:11 am »
SoRs will do wonders to the deck imo..
(only 2, but it will make a difference if the game goes on long enough)

• Legendary Member
  • ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • now palafrost
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSilver Donor9th Trials - Master of WaterSlice of Elements 6th Birthday Cake8th Trials - Master of WaterSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeWinner of the Harry Potter PvP House CupSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: Flowing Reflection - PSN Trio https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=21448.msg274960#msg274960
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2011, 11:50:59 pm »
SoRs will do wonders to the deck imo..
(only 2, but it will make a difference if the game goes on long enough)
Tested a version with these. SoRs are really only useful on Steam Machines, and they might be removed in the next version because of how unreliable they are, for reasons I explained. Also the game would usually end before I can really pull off the combo.

Problem is I'm not sure what to replace them with. Maybe some rainbow control, squids, or lycanthropes to use extra :entropy

Offline jmdt

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 33
  • jmdt is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.jmdt is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.jmdt is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.jmdt is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.jmdt is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.jmdt is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.
  • New to Elements
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday Cake
Re: Flowing Reflection - PSN Trio https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=21448.msg275016#msg275016
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2011, 01:24:56 am »
I really like this idea.  I started playing with this unupped the other day, but couldn't get it to work.  This version is just what I was going for.  Bravo dd.

Offline Higurashi

• Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 103
  • Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Æther in Æternum enim Æquilibrio
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 14th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 13th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 12th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeWinner of Team PvP #6Slice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerFalse Gods Competition: Reloaded - WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake4th Trials - Master of Aether3rd Trials - Master of AetherWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: Flowing Reflection - PSN Trio https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=21448.msg275883#msg275883
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2011, 12:32:12 am »
Love the theme and name. It's difficult to change it as it's very balanced. Poseidon slows down a lot of decks, but since Physalia add the least damage/utility, I'd replace 2 with 2 Congeals if I wanted to give Purples more time to get out and stop rushes. 2 Uli's could be enough to make more room for CC, but it's all preference in the end. It's versatile, balanced, and highly customisable like Water should be.

Lycans would be great over Physalia yeah, even if they'd take away from the theme a bit.
:aether  http://elementscommunity.org/forum/guilds/991-thunderbolts-ho!-991/ :aether
Aether is the prime Element present in all things, providing space, connection and balance for all Elements to exist.
Aether represents the sense of joy and union, and the ultimate potential of all things.

• Legendary Member
  • now palafrost
Re: Flowing Reflection - PSN Trio https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=21448.msg275887#msg275887
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2011, 12:44:16 am »
Great points you have there. I'll try to talk about them in relation to my deck.

The good thing about Physalia is that even if they are removed from the field the damage remains. However, I could see removing one, maybe a second for more control.

Congeal wouldn't play too vital a role and the deck might be quanta strained if I added squids, so adding a couple would probably help quite a bit.

As for Ulitharids, the amount of them in there is mostly because they can be so helpful in the early game. In more recent games however they're not needed until mind-game, and so I think removing one is safe.

Lycans are great in this deck, and I'm not too concerned about keeping the theme absolute in exchange for power. Using them in place of machines has done very well for me in testing.

Thanks for all the comments everyone :)

Tea is good

Re: Flowing Reflection - PSN Trio https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=21448.msg278694#msg278694
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2011, 02:22:24 am »
If u want to use extra entropy quanta, Chaos power works,because it helps everything survive. How much does BE cost? PC to round out the epicness. If not, no loss.

• Legendary Member
  • now palafrost
Re: Flowing Reflection - PSN Trio https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=21448.msg279050#msg279050
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2011, 05:05:48 pm »
Here's the version I'm testing now:

Code: [Select]
5ie 5ie 6u1 6u1 6u3 6u3 6u3 6u3 6u3 6u3 6ve 6ve 6ve 6ve 6ve 6ve 6ve 6ve 7ah 7ah 7gl 7gl 7gl 7gs 7gs 7gv 7gv 7h0 7h0 7h0
  • -1 Physalia, -1 Ulitharid, -2 Steam Machine
  • +2 Toadfish, +2 Lycanthropes
This version seems slightly better in both damage and control. Steam Machines required too much quanta to be efficient while Werewolves require very little. Toadfish add quite a bit of damage and a some control to go with it.

wavedash

Re: Flowing Reflection - PSN Trio https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=21448.msg279070#msg279070
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2011, 05:32:43 pm »
Wow, now that's something. Very unique. I can't really see Nymph's Tears being very useful, though (at least, against AI3). Low damage, very high cost ability, you might as well use Steam Machines or something.

• Legendary Member
  • now palafrost
Re: Flowing Reflection - PSN Trio https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=21448.msg279074#msg279074
« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2011, 05:38:15 pm »
Wow, now that's something. Very unique. I can't really see Nymph's Tears being very useful, though (at least, against AI3). Low damage, very high cost ability, you might as well use Steam Machines or something.
If an ai3 is managing to out stall you (the mono :aether, the :time :light, the :fire :water mostly) the nymphs tears give you the ability to stall them back long enough for Physalias to overpower them. However, you can easily replace them with copies of cards already in the deck or mentioned on this thread.

When I get around to testing this against PvP decks, the tears will probably become more useful.

Offline badivan1

• Reputation Power: 2
  • badivan1 is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • New to Elements
Re: Flowing Reflection - PSN Trio https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=21448.msg296689#msg296689
« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2011, 06:34:26 pm »
What does PSN stand for ?  It seems like a common term here.

anything
blarg: